Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Monday again already, so it's time for an Update on the goings-on around here...

The Zkittles has been in the slow drying box since Thursday afternoon at
2:30, so a couple hours shy of 4 days...
ZK2 day 4.jpg

I'm trying to dry her as slowly as possible, and it looks like it might be working pretty well...it also doesn't hurt that the high temp in the garage for the last 4 days has been 55f, and at night it drops into the low 40's....
Hard to tell from a pic, but she's still pretty wet, feels like she might go another 5 or 6 days before she's ready to go into the jars- that would be nice...
ZK day 4.jpg

I'll keep you posted on her progress...

And, I also started soaking an Original Limonade Skunk photo/fem seed (a gift from the Va. seed fairy :love: )
yesterday afternoon around 2pm, so she's been in there for almost 24 hours- no tail yet, but I'm pretty sure she'll get there eventually...

Soaking them in that little jar works out pretty well- and I can just keep it in my pocket to keep things warm... (on top of the stove is a little too hot for seeds)
OLS 1.jpg

I'll keep you posted on her progress too!

Funny story- This seed almost wasn't....yesterday, I accidentally dropped it in the sink, and down the drain it went....fortunately, the water wasn't running at the time, so I got the tools out and took the drainpipe apart to retrieve the seed...
I found it, but what a pain in the ass that was!

The moral of the story?

Don't be a dumb ass like Carcass...:cheesygrinsmiley:- If you're messing with your seeds, do it over a table, not over a sink!

And that's about all for today!
Thanks for looking- I appreciate the support..❤️
Have a great week!

Monday again already, so it's time for an Update on the goings-on around here...

ZK2 day 4.jpg

I'm trying to dry her as slowly as possible, and it looks like it might be working pretty well...it also doesn't hurt that the high temp in the garage for the last 4 days has been 55f, and at night it drops into the low 40's....
Hard to tell from a pic, but she's still pretty wet, feels like she might go another 5 or 6 days before she's ready to go into the jars- that would be nice...
ZK day 4.jpg

And, I also started soaking an Original Limonade Skunk photo/fem seed (a gift from the Va. seed fairy :love: )
yesterday afternoon around 2pm, so she's been in there for almost 24 hours- no tail yet, but I'm pretty sure she'll get there eventually...

Soaking them in that little jar works out pretty well- and I can just keep it in my pocket to keep things warm... (on top of the stove is a little too hot for seeds)
OLS 1.jpg

Funny story- This seed almost wasn't....yesterday, I accidentally dropped it in the sink, and down the drain it went....fortunately, the water wasn't running at the time, so I got the tools out and took the drainpipe apart to retrieve the seed...

The moral of the story?

Don't be a dumb ass like Carcass...:cheesygrinsmiley:- If you're messing with your seeds, do it over a table, not over a sink!

Have a great week!
Man those buds look beautiful great job. Had to save the seed carcass any means possible lol

The Zkittles has been in the slow drying box since Thursday afternoon at 2:30, so a couple hours shy of 4 days...
Good job with the slow dry, looking lovely!

The moral of the story?

Wow! What a pain, you would have been kicking yourself, but great recovery!

Good job with the slow dry, looking lovely!
The weed doesn't feel a whole lot different than it did when I put it in there, so it is drying very slowly, thanks mainly to the low temps in the garage.
I'm also keeping an eye out for rot, which seems like it could become an issue with the weed being wet for so long with limited air circulation, but I haven't found any.

Wow! What a pain, you would have been kicking yourself, but great recovery!
To borrow a saying from my dear old Dad-- when I saw that seed go down the drain... if I'd of had a broomstick up my ass, I'd of snapped it in two...:oops:

I'm also keeping an eye out for rot, which seems like it could become an issue with the weed being wet for so long with limited air circulation, but I haven't found any.
This was my concern because of cold air not holding as much moisture, but as long as you're on it, I'm as happy as those flowers look.

Nice save on the seed! I sure hope it sprouts after all that. :eek:

This was my concern because of cold air not holding as much moisture, but as long as you're on it, I'm as happy as those flowers look.
I look over a few buds with the loupe a couple times a day, to try and catch it early, if it happens at all..but so far, so good!
Nice save on the seed! I sure hope it sprouts after all that. :eek:
I think it owes me that!..😆

Top tip, I might try this.
Well done retrieving that seed!

The hanging plant sure is colorful!

Your Dad is definitely quotable! Yeah, dropping a seed down the drain will really tighten up those butt cheeks! :laughtwo:

Next Monday maybe we'll hear about how you laundered your pants with the seed still in the pocket and...SNAP!

If I was to take the pipe apart under my sink to retrieve a seed it would end up costing me much more for the plumbers repair then to just purchase a whole pack of seeds.

Nice work or do you now have a bucket under the sink?:passitleft:

ZK2 day 4.jpg

ZK day 4.jpg

OLS 1.jpg

The moral of the story?

Have a great week!
Good morning C Mann! Omg that was unintentionally dirty! Lollll

That Seed Fairy of yours is an absolute fucking legend.

I don’t think I’ll ever get used to a forum without him, I really don’t…. Look I will but I’m all about building trama lolllinggg!

I have done similar. I dropped a seed on the floor and I spent an hour on hands and knees trying to find it. To no avail. It was a Blueberry Auto seed. I was so mad I wanted to smack my own arse! Lol.

Omg the seed in your pocket to keep it warm. I think that is in essence is what attracts me to your grow style. It’s not just about waking the seed, it’s about honouring it. Making it sing… omfg, @Grand Daddy Black I’m on another violin worthy type vomit! Lollll. Im so warm and fuzzy, it’s either my hormones are out or my bipolar kicking in.

And I think you got your dates wrong. 12/11 has been and gone bruv.

Well done retrieving that seed!
Thanks, Carmen! that trip down the drain may of confused her- she sprouted this morning, but upside down...
She looks almost as nice hanging as upright Carcass!
Thank You ,Stone- Day ten today and she's still not dry enough to jar up, feels like about 2 days to go, so the cold weather is really working in my favor for a change🌡️

I'm used to it taking only six days, so anything longer than that is a bonus....

That seed you had to take your house apart for, damn well better sprout.
It sort of sprouted this morning (root first, after 6 days) so I had to dig it up and turn it over...

Next Monday maybe we'll hear about how you laundered your pants with the seed still in the pocket
Thanks, GDB!
Those little jars are air tight, so it probably would survive the wash..
...but the dryer, probably not so much..🤪

Nice work or do you now have a bucket under the sink?
Ha! I've got pvc pipes under all the sinks, so things come apart (and go back together) pretty easy🙂

Hard to tell from a pic, but she's still pretty wet,
Good morning C Mann! Omg that was unintentionally dirty! Lollll
I see that now...I shoulda said "moist" instead....😄

That Seed Fairy of yours is an absolute fucking legend.
That is true in both cases, but you're thinking of the PNW seed fairy...this seed is from the Virginia seed fairy...👍

Omg the seed in your pocket to keep it warm.
And, you can check it whenever you want, without getting off the couch!

And I think you got your dates wrong. 12/11 has been and gone bruv.
Ha!....That's the date (last Sunday) she went into the little jar to soak...
Took till today to sprout, but she's looking a bit grim:
OLS sickly 1.jpg

I'll be surprised if she's still alive on Monday...but ya never know...

Pulling for her to make it Carcass!

Perhaps she only looks that way because she's been drained lately.

Thanks, Stunger-
it's been 5 hours since I dug her up and turned her over and she's greening up and not dead yet, so she just might make it...

Fingers crossed she makes it Carcass.
Thanks, Boo!
I think she just might...but I wouldn't bet on it just yet...
My GSC came up root first also, and that one did alright.. 🙂

Perhaps she only looks that way because she's been drained lately.
Ha!! That one took me a minute..:rofl:

I'll sink a bit more time into her recovery...😁

Back
Top Bottom