Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Good morning C Pliers 😻

Omg my first time doing the stem pliers squeeze. I applied a little press nek minnut I have my plants 🌱 in my hand, detached from my plant, and a shocked look on my face! Lollll

She is absolutely beautiful!

I'm sure it will be fine, but it's better to go the other way and extend the dark period
I know I should've done it that way, but I didn't want to wait out another dark day...I didn't realize how often I fiddle with the plant, until I couldn't open the door all day...
Omg my first time doing the stem pliers squeeze. I applied a little press nek minnut I have my plants 🌱 in my hand,
Thanks, T!
Yeah, it doesn't take much "squeeze" at all...I try and make them just lean a little, if they flop all the way over, I squeezed a little too hard..

Monday's here, and so am I, so it must be time for an Update...

It's day 61 for the Blue Gelato 41, (Thank You @Trala 🙏) and she's been in her 4 gallon SIP for 47 days now...
I flipped her to 12/12 7 days ago, but I changed her lighting schedule 2 days in, so the lights would be on for awhile during the day...anyhow, I think she had to start over, so I'll call today day 5 of 12/12...

bg41-1.jpg

She's still pretty flat on top, I haven't had to adjust anything, or crush any more stems yet..
Here's one side of her:

bg41-2.jpg

And, the other side..

The Grow Dots are still working, probably for about ten more days- I'm not sure yet what I'm going to feed her when they finally crap out...I'm still mulling that one over... 🤔
bg41-4.jpg

She's grown 2" since Friday, so she's 14.5 inches tall now, and drinking over a gallon per day...
That yellow string/belt is there to keep her off the walls...it doesn't seem like it would, but it does actually work.

bg41-5.jpg

She'd be a little farther along if I hadn't set her flowering back by 2 days, but today the tops are just starting to show a reaction to 12/12

bg41-6.jpg

I need to thin her out some a lot as soon as she's done stretching- there's also about 35 hooks buried in her foliage that I'll probably remove at that time- unless they're actually still holding something down- then they'll get to stay..

bg41-7.jpg

And that's where she's at today-
Thank You for stopping by,
I really appreciate the support...:love:

Have a great week, and I hope everyone's plants
are doing what they're supposed to do👍

Good morning C View, which is what I’ve just woken to btw lol

She is so lovely. Take Two 2️⃣ is currently on her way to you too. Don’t lose the name, coz I sent you two and I have the third unnamed and wrapped in alfoil.

Fingers crossed we get lucky.

Have the best day! Xo

Geez, Carcass. Is it getting hard to find the feeding tube? I don't see a trace of it! 👀

Gorgeous plant as usual. I guess we'll see Piggy again in the next grow.

She is so lovely. Take Two 2️⃣ is currently on her way to you too.
Thanks, T!
I'm looking forward to the next one- second time's the charm!👍
Is 4 gal SIP something you've grown in before?
Thanks, Stone! - Yes, in fact this is the 4th plant in that one- I also have the little (3 gallon) SIP which I'm going to use for my outdoor plant, when the weather gets right for it...I've grown 3 in the little one so far..I just checked- I've been growing in one SIP or another for 2 weeks short of a year- likely never going back to the old way.🦕🦖
But seriously how can anyone get tired of looking at that!
Thank You, Shed!
It happens- but not for another 70 days or so...
Good thing the belt is there or spinning it would scrape the silver off the walls.
Ha! and it also helps to keep the gooey stuff off the walls a little later on... 😁
Is it getting hard to find the feeding tube?
It is! ...I'm glad it's on a corner...
Gorgeous plant as usual. I guess we'll see Piggy again in the next grow.
Thanks, GDB!
I'll find him when I defoliate in a couple weeks- he's in there somewhere..:hmmmm:

I've been growing in one SIP or another for 2 weeks short of a year- likely never going back to the old way.🦕🦖
Music to my ears!

I don't even mind the dinosaur inference! 😁

I don't even mind the dinosaur inference! 😁
out with the old, in with the new..?.or something like that....:cheesygrinsmiley:
Actually, the ease of watering is why I'm sticking with 'em....not that watering was ever a big chore, but it's even less of one now...

out with the old, in with the new..?.or something like that....:cheesygrinsmiley:
Actually, the ease of watering is why I'm sticking with 'em....not that watering was ever a big chore, but it's even less of one now...
I get it. In fact I'm really getting it at the moment due to having to water the low-to-the-soil clones I've got going. A real PAIN! :straightface:

I've seen where you can take sorta' the same concept outdoors.
outdoor SIP.jpg

I'm really getting it at the moment due to having to water the low-to-the-soil clones I've got going. A real PAIN! :straightface:
Yeah, I don't miss that...
I've seen where you can take sorta' the same concept outdoors.
Thanks for that, GDB!:thanks:... next season, I'm going to plant one in the ground, and that looks like a great way to water it!

Thanks so much, HH !
I was a little worried, but the lighting glitch didn't seem to affect her at all...not sure what I thought she was going to do, but she didn't do it... 🤪
Thinkin about makin some pom poms! :cheer:
It won't be long now!

She'll be stretching next week, I hope it's not too extreme- although, she can grow another 17" or so before there's a problem....this is always an interesting time in every grow, because it's one part of the grow that I have no control over...🤔

Your Blue Gelato looks fabulous, Carcass. If you're really worry about stretch, @Emilya Green has had success using a far red light to decrease stretch when flipped to 12/12. :battingeyelashes:

Your Blue Gelato looks fabulous, Carcass.
Thank You, HashGirl- she's turning into a big girl this week...😬
@Emilya Green has had success using a far red light to decrease stretch when flipped to 12/12. :battingeyelashes:
That's good to know...but, so far, the stem crush is
keeping things pretty even in there...although, far-red light might be something I look into in the future.

Thanks again for the suggestion, HashGirl.👍

It's Monday again, so it's Update time for the Blue Gelato 41...

This started as a comparative grow with @Trala.. :love: but, unfortunately, her BG41 didn't go...so now it's just this one:

Here she is, 7 days ago, on day 6 of 12/12, 61 days old...

bg41-1-lw.jpg

Had to pop the top (NextLight 420h) for the overhead pics...
bg41-10.jpg

peek a boo...
bg41-11.jpg

And today, on day 13 of 12/12...she's 68 days old, 54 of those days in the SIP...she's getting her little pom-poms going, and she's drinking over a gallon a day now...
She's also starting to smell pretty good.
bg41-1.jpg

She's 20.5" tall now, so she's grown 6" in the last week...her canopy is still pretty level, thanks to a little stem crushing here and there...I sort of hope she's done stretching, but I think she's probably not..
bg41-2.jpg

She seems to be stacking up pretty well so far..I wish I could pull her out for pics, but she no longer fits through the door, so she'll come out just once, on harvest day...
I think this plant is going to get a little bigger than what I'm used to.... although I did grow a 26" GSC in here about a year and a half ago, so it's do-able...🤔

bg41-5.jpg

Not a double bud, just 2 buds real close together...
bg41-6.jpg

Another bud -The Grow Dots are still doing their job, but they'll likely crap out any day now...
bg41-7.jpg

I've got some major defol to do in about a week (after the stretch)- she's a bit thick in the middle...😬
bg41-8.jpg

And finally- a shot of the ugly ol' box... Believe it or not, I've been growing in this thing for a few months short of 5 years..it definitely works better than it looks.😁
bg41-9.jpg

So that's where things are at today..👍
Thank You very much for stopping by,
I appreciate your support ..:love:
Have a great week, I'll see you next time!

Back
Top Bottom