Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I think you'll dig the Mega Crop, @NBT - Me, @InTheShed ,@West Hippie ,@Virgin ground , @MrSauga and many others use it,and have been happy with their great results.

I also used their Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy on my last grow,and found out "the hard way" that you don't need them with the current formula-it's all in there already.
And one other thing...their Cal-Mag product is too hot for cannabis,so don't bother with it
(thanks for that info @MrSauga )

I think you'll dig the Mega Crop, @NBT - Me, @InTheShed ,@West Hippie ,@Virgin ground , @MrSauga and many others use it,and have been happy with their great results.

I also used their Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy on my last grow,and found out "the hard way" that you don't need them with the current formula-it's all in there already.
And one other thing...their Cal-Mag product is too hot for cannabis,so don't bother with it
(thanks for that info @MrSauga )

I'm hoping I will too. I'm getting excited even thinking about all the things I can do better next grow. But still have a way to go yet. More supplies needed etc

Found a little spider guarding Ms.Cheese-I think this is the same one that I saw a month or so ago- he's grown a bit, might be part of the reason why I don't have anything eating on her (at the moment,anyway)
Guard Duty.JPG

I thought "oh,shit" when I first saw the web- but real spiders (not the mite kind) are always welcome on my plants, indoors or out.

Never done a journal before,so bear with me....

So my budget when I started this was $150,and I used all but 20 cents of it:

Northern Light x Big Bud feminized seeds ...had 'em already
Low Ryder#2 auto seeds................................. "
Bagseed#3 seeds.............................................. " ( from bagseed#2,she was a beast)

Oneo LED grow light from the zon .......$100.00 (1000 watt claimed/200watts at the wall) (not blurple)
Home Depot 2'x2'x44" wardrobe box ... $18.00
1.5 cu.ft. Black Magic organic potting soil...$18.00
x4 reflective windshield shades................$4.00 (Dollar Tree)
x3 - 4" USB fans ............................................$6.00 ($2.00 each,99cent store (wtf?)
Mega Crop 750g free sample....................$3.80 (paid for shipping)

Total:...........................................................$149.80
I already had everything else-packing tape,material for drip tray,ph tester,etc

So here's a few pics of what's going on up till now:

The Box

The light

View from the top

So here's where it all started: (My custom seed warmer,which doubles as a stove)

1 Warmer.JPG

Only one popped,so the next step was:

2 2_1_19.JPG

Now here's where it gets interesting (to me,at least)-On Feb.1 ,I stuck 4 seeds in the ground outside my kitchen window just to see if they would pop in this cold,wet environment -the daytime temps were in the high 50's,nightime was low to high 30's, and it was raining,which it did for 20 of the 28 days in Feb.

So,I was a pleasantly surprised on the 11th when I found this going on:)ya gotta look close,there's 2 seedlings there-NlxBB on the left,Bagseed#3 on the right)

in the cold 21419.JPG

It took them 10 days,but they actually popped! (didn't really think they would)
Well,I couldn't just leave them there,so,after a day or 2, I brought them inside in solo cups and put them in "the box" with the Low Ryder#2,which got off to a very slow start:

4 2_18_19.JPG

A day after I brought them in,another Bagseed#3 popped...I left it outside to see what it would do, There will be more about that one a little later...

Fast forward to Feb 3 -topped NLx BB, fimmed Bagseed 3,and started LST on the Low Ryder#2:
3319Topped.JPG

Here's how they looked 2 days ago (15th):LoRyder on the left,NLxBB bottom right,
Bagseed3 top right.

31519.JPG

That Northern LightxBigBud is rapidly becoming a monster,and I'm rapidly finding out just how small a 4 sq. ft. growspace really is....

It's soon going to be like trying to stuff 2 pounds of $hit in a 1 pound bag,as my dear old Dad used to say....

So that's about it for now,except for that little plant outside under the kitchen window...
(I'm going to call it a she until she shows me otherwise)
How's she doing,you ask?

Here she is 10 minutes ago-growing a bit:) slower than her 2 indoor buddies,but still growing, despite nightime temps in the mid 30's to mid 40's-(she's a bagseed#3,btw...)

IMG_2441.JPG

The days are starting to finally get sunny,so she may surprise us all soon...

Well,that's about it for my first installment,but I'll be updating often...

I just wanted to add that I'm really liking that light-lo budget or not-it's surpassing my expectations so far...

@MrSauga -wanted to let you know, I finally got around to doing this:thumb:
Your light box is the Bomb! I was looking at one from Amazon and it was $ 70.00 just for the shell and a vent. Really liked how you used reflective materials on your pot. I did an outside grow and was at the mercy of the elements with feminized seeds. I did start a pre-flower and it budded too quick outside. I’m going to try your idea.

I’m going to try your idea.
Cool,Hope it works as well for you as it has (so far) for me!
One thing I did add to the equipment list was a smoke alarm, just in case....

Cool,Hope it works as well for you as it has (so far) for me!
One thing I did add to the equipment list was a smoke alarm, just in case....
Probably not a bad idea. Are you worried about the cardboard igniting? I think that it has to be over 800f to do that.
I'm not trying to sway you from getting a smoke alarm. Just trying to put you at ease from worrying about it unjustly.

Are you worried about the cardboard igniting?
I'm just not sure what an el-cheapo LED does if it goes "bad"-It would probably just stop working,but just in case it decides to burst into flame,

It's made from paper stock but doesn't burn the same. I've routinely had it in ovens well over 500f ( pizza chef).
According to the title of the book, paper burns at 451º F :)
At any rate we can agree that temps would have to be in excess of 400f for ignition.

in Canada

What part of Canada you from?

She's real stinky already,maybe that's why the bugs aren't very interested.

Yeah, I think that’s why your wife isn’t interested in it either!

Ms.Cheese
Looks great!! She almost (wait.. :hmmmm: it’s a she right) looks like a different shade of green. she looks good in that colour of green:cheesygrinsmiley:

until the GDP gets transplanted

I just want to say carcass, when I transplanted my two DA’s and left the BC until I saw roots at the bottom, when I finally transplanted the bc, she looks to be much farther behind then the other two, but in reality it was because I didn’t around the same time. One thing I wish I did, is transplant around the same time. Hopefully you get around to doing the GDP sooner then later :thumb:

Everything’s looking great carcass!

Except for that spider....

At least it’s keeping everything at bay for you! :thumb:

I got all excited for a bit there!

im closer to to the west then you.

I’m in Alberta.

Although it’s great to meet, you...

(As I awkwardly fumble to shake your hand)

.. not sure how to do that here, I guess this will work :ciao:
Haha opposite sides. I did live in fort mac for a month trying to find a camp job with no luck lol.. I WAS close. :ciao:

One thing I wish I did, is transplant around the same time.
Funny you should mention that-Yesterday evening after I smoked my nightime PeyoteCritical,I was laying in bed, thinking stoned thoughts,and I decided to do just that-gotta run to the dispensary today for Mrs.C's gummies, but after that,it's transplant time!
Everything’s looking great carcass!
Thanks,BL, should start looking even better after I get "the box" going again this afternoon!

And so it begins...
Purple Punch auto on the left,GDPxGumberry auto on the right...Lights set to 18/6
Here we go 82719.JPG

Took the LED apart and blew the dust out of it (there wasn't much) and it still worked when I put it back together,so that's a big plus... :)
I've only grown 2 autos before,so we'll see if I learned anything....I do hope these get a little bigger than the LowRyders,but that remains to be seen!
Thanks much for looking...
I'll post a progress report on Monday,as usual-hope to see you then!:peace:

Funny you should mention that-Yesterday evening after I smoked my nightime PeyoteCritical,I was laying in bed, thinking stoned thoughts,and I decided to do just that-gotta run to the dispensary today for Mrs.C's gummies, but after that,it's transplant time

Ohh yeah! :yahoo:

She may look much smaller then the other but once she gets a good feeling of that h2O on her feet, pulling them down with it. She’ll catch up in no time!:surf:

And so it begins...

And so it does! (As I slowly pull a chair up, front row, screeching the entire way from the back of the room) :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom