Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

My dentist actually cancelled my appt. a while back,(which I would've done if they didn't) they said they were having trouble getting PPE ...I think the hygenists just don't want to be diggin' around in someone's mouth right now...can't say I'd blame them for that...
I went to mine the other day. Our dentist has gone above and beyond what our basic guidelines call for. He installed a hepa filter system within the central air system, enclosed all the rooms, three step process to enter the office including temp check, mouth gargle when you get into the room and every room is cleaned after each patient. Even after all that the dentist contracted covid and he's off for a while now. I don't know if he got it from a patient but the virus is everywhere no matter how much care you take. Where your mask, wash your hands regularly, stay 6' apart and go out only when you need to. That's the best way to stay safe.

Cannabis flavored gummies might not taste too bad- just water, gelatine and infused oil.... easy-peasy ;)
(I'm kidding... they'd probably be awful)
Funnily enough I was thinking about this last night. The coconut oil I have infused with Bubba Hash is the tastiest tastiest oil. It might work... awfully big risk to take though if they’re gonna turn out to be disgusting, lol!

Where your mask, wash your hands regularly, stay 6' apart and go out only when you need to. That's the best way to stay safe.
Sounds so simple....unless you're in the US, where the stupid people (and there's a lot of 'em) have to actually contract the virus before they'll admit it's a real threat....the silver lining is that we'll have fewer stupid people here when this is all over....

It might work... awfully big risk to take though if they’re gonna turn out to be disgusting, lol!
I've still got a half a cup of infused grapeseed oil left from my early infusions- I'll be the guinea
pig and try it.
I realize they'll be kind of greasy, but I'm curious as to how they'll taste-
I'll make a small batch, and let you know how it goes- 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup water, and....probably 4 pkg. of gelatine?
(I'll fight off the urge to add some sugar ;))

I'll go do it in a few minutes, should have an answer to the "how bad can they be?" question in about an hour.
or is the question "how good can they be?"...either way I'll know shortly...

Ok...that's done, now need to let them sit in the freezer for about half an hour..
A few pics:

Cold gelatine (3 pkg) and 1/3cup each water and oil:

1595797233168.jpeg

Same thing, but hot..
1595797332639.jpeg

Into the squirt bottle:
1595797376326.jpeg

My handy-dandy insulating sleeve on the bottle ;)
1595797436041.jpeg

And into the molds:
1595797493236.jpeg

Now we wait at least a half hour to see if it worked...tbh, I don't think they're going to thicken up...but it's early...If they don't, no real big deal, I've got enough grapeseed oil left to try it again.

... all this time a little flag is going off in the back of my mind regarding gelatin... and now the reason becomes clear to me, I’m vegetarian… I won’t be eating any gelatin :eek: I would have to make gummies with agar agar - if that would even work! I fear I have lead you up the garden path my friend! Not on purpose!

I don’t do fruit juices either – no fruit but blueberries for me – so yet again I feel like Gummies are not in my future...
Cannabis flavored gummies might not taste too bad- just water, gelatine and infused oil.... easy-peasy ;)
(I'm kidding... they'd probably be awful)
I've still got a half a cup of infused grapeseed oil left from my early infusions- I'll be the guinea
pig and try it.
(I'll fight off the urge to add some sugar ;))
Have you tried stevia? It's not an artificial sweeter, it's natural and tastes pretty good.
View media item 1784947
View media item 1784948
I don't think they're going to thicken up
If they don't then just reheat and dissolve more unflavored gelatin into it.

I fear I have lead you up the garden path my friend!
Not a problem,Amy- I wanted to know anyway...By the way- it doesn't work- gelatine is odd stuff- it's funny how bad it didn't work- I'll post up some failure pics in a little while--they'll give you an "OMG!" moment
If they don't then just reheat and dissolve more unflavored gelatin into it.
I think there needs to be something besides just gelatine, water,and oil in them..

Here they are- aren't they cute? they look like little cauliflowers.
They also taste Reaaalll bad,and when they warm up,they're a greasy mess- they do not thicken up at all
Now we know... ;)
Freezer :
1595801139605.jpeg

refrigerator:
1595801181869.jpeg

So now we know how NOT to make gummies...ewwww!

Oh nooooooooo lol
That's exactly what I said after they were in the freezer for about 15 minutes and started "growing" :)
Hopefully you can try what Beez said and reheat and add more to it?
No, I just tossed them out- even if it would have worked, the taste was something that I didn't
ever want to re visit....:oops:
Those are some interesting looking 'gummies'.
Was looking at silicone molds the other day. I like your little leaf ones.
Weren't they? Hopefully, you never see any more like that...they were just gross:rip:

Got the molds on the zon- the leaves are 2.2ml. each, which is a good size for dialing in your dosage

Wow - excellent failure! Quite the horrid outcome.
If they gave grades for failures, I'd get an "A" for that one! - I could tell by the viscosity of the hot liquid that it wasn't going to have a good outcome- I figured they just wouldn't solidify....
The little cauliflowers were a surprise though...evidently, gelatine freezes "funny";)

That's exactly what I said after they were in the freezer for about 15 minutes and started "growing"
Looks like something that Peg Bundy would make.
She had stuff that she had in the freezer for months that was somehow hot when you pulled it out. :laughtwo:

Monday update time!

The indoor ladies are doing fine, the Gelat.og auto is just about there, just waiting on a little amber before she gets chopped...
She's 83 days old today, finally fading a little- the seed folks say 80 days sprout to harvest, so they're close...
She's been flowering for 50 days.
The Alaskan Purple is doing well,too- she's 62 days old,flowering for 37 days

AP left, G.og right:
1595878810745.jpeg

-and a look in through the door- the AP is going to be happier when I get that G.og out of her way in a few days
1595878932015.jpeg

The G.og is still on 7g MegaCrop/gal, The AP is at 5g.

A Gelat.og bud:
1595879181493.jpeg

AP bud:
1595879241974.jpeg

I'll post up some pics when I chop the G.og a little later on in the week...here's one more shot of her
before I move on to the outdoor girls:
1595879415730.jpeg

So on to the outside plants- The Chem Dawg is 64 days old, 29" tall not really flowering yet, but real close.
She's fed 6.5G/MC, nice n green, no tip burn, so she's pretty happy at that dosage:
1595879810198.jpeg

And the 30:1 cbd Dr. Seedsman- 43 days old, 19" tall, fed 5g/MC, not flowering or showing sex yet..starting to branch out a bit...I took a couple of cuttings from her 4 days ago...and they're not dead yet, so that's a good thing...
1595880427643.jpeg

And a couple Saugaviews®:

CD:
1595880683786.jpeg

Dr.S.:
1595880726257.jpeg

No training on either one of these, except for topping above node #5 early on (13 days old for ChemDawg, 16 days old for Dr.S.) I broke a branch off on the CD at day 20, that's why she's growing lopsided...

And that's about it for today- as I said, I'll be chopping the G.og later on in the week, so I'll post up some pics then!

I hope everyone is following the rules and staying safe during these (hopefully) once in a lifetime events
going on in the world.:peace:

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!

And the 30:1 cbd Dr. Seedsman- 43 days old, 19" tall, fed 5g/MC, not flowering or showing sex yet..starting to branch out a bit.
I was worried that you wouldn't have enough time to veg her before flowering started, but she's looking really nice now - even if flowering started tomorrow. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom