Carestaker's - Hybrid LED / HPS Powered 4x4 - Various Strains

The blueberry is smoking great. I'm on it full time now. :)
I need to do a smoke report. I think its ready.

She looked like fire....:volcano-smiley: I gotta do the same. I'm thinking I'll do the ASD and maybe the PTW when she's ready. I'm pulling her right now. :) I started to harvest last night, but I never got past the the 'getting in the mood' stage.... :rofl: H

I ordered ASD and their SD#2. Couldn't resist after this. :)

I think you'll like her smoke. Glad I get to watch, I hope you get a great pheno! :Namaste::cheer:

Harvest pic coming up next.

Harvest Purple Trainwreck: Photo 4/30 Flower 5/15 Pull 7/22 63 days flower

Well here's the last little mongrel. She's pretty stout and nuggy for a tiny girl. She's about 2 ft tall. She recently started to toss some nanners (left door open once about two weeks ago). She was supposed to be an 8 week strain, but I ran her 9+transition, and she was just on the cusp of being ripe. She was the last girl standing, and I wanted to shut down the AC and light, so I just pulled at my first opportunity. I think this girl really leaned sativa, and that is why she's just coming into the window of ripeness. If I let her run, she really would have put on some weight. She's got that sativa spire thing going. Anyway, she's a nice surprise at the end.

ptw7.jpg
ptw22.jpg
ptw51.jpg
ptw31.jpg
ptw41.jpg
ptw11.jpg
ptw0.jpg
ptw71.jpg

Peace and love!

Congrats again.

Happy daze bro. Another fine example of great grown cannabis. :)
Keep up the quality control.
:Namaste:

Thanks bro, we're tryin! Just bought a 5-pack of lighters. Testing PTW tonight, not a whole lot there yet, but she's just been pulled. :Namaste: The BD this run is almost all head - sativa effect. So many smiles. ;)

PTW is dried and jarred. Here are the totals. I'll try to expand on why I think it came in lighter than expected, in case the info might be helpful to someone else.

CL3 Photo 4/15 Flower 4/22, Pulled 7/8 (23g)
BD-Big Photo 4/18 Flower 4/26, Pulled 7/2 (91g)
ASD-Big Photo 4/25 Flower 5/2, Pulled 7/9 (75g)
BD-Small Photo 4/28 Flower 5/5, Pulled 7/10 (50g)
ASD-Small Photo 4/28 Flower 5/5, Pulled 7/14 (58g)
PTW Photo 4/30 Flower 5/15, Pulled 7/22 (48g)

When tearing down the grow, I noticed that there was a leak in the 6'' venting of the cool-tube. It wasn't huge, but it was significant and hard to see. I think this contributed to higher temps than I knew about, and also diminished the output of the HPS. As mentioned, my LEDs, also suffered partial and complete failures as well. My hydgrometer/thermometer was positioned off to the side so that it wouldn't block light, and I would add 3 degrees F to the reading, as that was the differential between it's placement, and the average canopy temps. I won't be doing that again in the future. I'll just hang it right in the tops, even if it blocks a few photons. :)

I also could have got the AC installed earlier, and used a better unit that the portable one that I got. The roots on the plants were all hooked up, and they all looked good, so I'm left to impute, that it was heat first as a culprit, followed by less light than needed to cover the 4x4. The quality of the meds is still top notch, don't get me wrong. They just aren't as dense and weighty as they could have been. Quality is my first priority - so I'm happy overall. :)

I'm still going to post some pics of the finished produce, and smoke reports of at least two strains. When I've done that, I'll complete this journal, and will start a new one when I'm back up and running. Peace and love to you all. :Namaste:

:bravo:

PTW is dried and jarred. Here are the totals. I'll try to expand on why I think it came in lighter than expected, in case the info might be helpful to someone else.

CL3 Photo 4/15 Flower 4/22, Pulled 7/8 (23g)
BD-Big Photo 4/18 Flower 4/26, Pulled 7/2 (91g)
ASD-Big Photo 4/25 Flower 5/2, Pulled 7/9 (75g)
BD-Small Photo 4/28 Flower 5/5, Pulled 7/10 (50g)
ASD-Small Photo 4/28 Flower 5/5, Pulled 7/14 (58g)
PTW Photo 4/30 Flower 5/15, Pulled 7/22 (48g)

When tearing down the grow, I noticed that there was a leak in the 6'' venting of the cool-tube. It wasn't huge, but it was significant and hard to see. I think this contributed to higher temps than I knew about, and also diminished the output of the HPS. As mentioned, my LEDs, also suffered partial and complete failures as well. My hydgrometer/thermometer was positioned off to the side so that it wouldn't block light, and I would add 3 degrees F to the reading, as that was the differential between it's placement, and the average canopy temps. I won't be doing that again in the future. I'll just hang it right in the tops, even if it blocks a few photons. :)

I also could have got the AC installed earlier, and used a better unit that the portable one that I got. The roots on the plants were all hooked up, and they all looked good, so I'm left to impute, that it was heat first as a culprit, followed by less light than needed to cover the 4x4. The quality of the meds is still top notch, don't get me wrong. They just aren't as dense and weighty as they could have been. Quality is my first priority - so I'm happy overall. :)

I'm still going to post some pics of the finished produce, and smoke reports of at least two strains. When I've done that, I'll complete this journal, and will start a new one when I'm back up and running. Peace and love to you all. :Namaste:

Truth hurts, but it helps. Thanks for sharing. Did you say earlier that you pulled them a bit early due to RH issues? I'm also wondering about your feelings regarding the high temps. I'm in the middle of a grow that, my a.c.is helping/working, but 90+ outside is what it is. I'm hitting 85+ inside during the hot hours. I'm running my LED's during the day.

I'm strongly considering CO2, wonder your thoughts on that???

I think next run I won't be dealing with the heat as much..... Good info bro, thanks again for the honesty...

Thanks brother, I've got some nice buds for a while! :) The brownie just kicked in. The trim was from Strawberry Blue and you can actually taste the strain, but it doesn't taste like POT at all. The taste is so mild, and it's just like the smoke on your tongue, just as if you smoke it. I'm gonna get fat with all these brownies haha! I used the MBM to infuse into Coconut oil, and it's super sweet. Ty it you'll love it. Love the MBM too. :circle-of-love:

Truth hurts, but it helps. Thanks for sharing. Did you say earlier that you pulled them a bit early due to RH issues? I'm also wondering about your feelings regarding the high temps. I'm in the middle of a grow that, my a.c.is helping/working, but 90+ outside is what it is. I'm hitting 85+ inside during the hot hours. I'm running my LED's during the day.

I'm strongly considering CO2, wonder your thoughts on that???

I think next run I won't be dealing with the heat as much..... Good info bro, thanks again for the honesty...

Thanks bro. :high-five: Gotta keep it real man. Shit doesn't always go right. It makes you enjoy it so much the more, when everything does. I did pull a couple of plants earlier than I wanted due to high RH. I was going to let one ASD & BD run longer, to see how they'd be with some good amber and less clear. They were ripe though, so full term. I'm real happy with the smoke, and I've got enough to share, so it's all good. I'll make sure I bring a few things for when I see you.

Heat and access is why I run lights at night. I work during the day, well sorta. In the future, I'll only do one HPS run in the winter, and I'll swap out for full LED during Spring/Summer/Fall. I'm also going back to Ushio Super, for when I use HPS, as it works better with the LED in my setup. For LED, I'm thinking of either approaching a sponsor or maybe building. It would be great if I could find the time.

Without CO2, high temps for long periods will fluff up the plants a bit. I've never run enriched, so I really don't have an opinion on it. It was the non-stealth of the tanks that has kept me away from it. You know what city I'm in. It's like wicked dense. :) My house also isn't insulated, so I bake in the summer and freeze in the winter, and I don't run sealed room. My buddies basement grow that I'm teaching on, doesn't have anything over 82 this week, and no AC, so I think that space is going to work well going forward. Growing in the summer is a PITA.

Thanks brother, I've got some nice buds for a while! :) The brownie just kicked in. The trim was from Strawberry Blue and you can actually taste the strain, but it doesn't taste like POT at all. The taste is so mild, and it's just like the smoke on your tongue, just as if you smoke it. I'm gonna get fat with all these brownies haha! I used the MBM to infuse into Coconut oil, and it's super sweet. Ty it you'll love it. Love the MBM too. :circle-of-love:

Thanks bro. :high-five: Gotta keep it real man. Shit doesn't always go right. It makes you enjoy it so much the more, when everything does. I did pull a couple of plants earlier than I wanted due to high RH. I was going to let one ASD & BD run longer, to see how they'd be with some good amber and less clear. They were ripe though, so full term. I'm real happy with the smoke, and I've got enough to share, so it's all good. I'll make sure I bring a few things for when I see you.

Heat and access is why I run lights at night. I work during the day, well sorta. In the future, I'll only do one HPS run in the winter, and I'll swap out for full LED during Spring/Summer/Fall. I'm also going back to Ushio Super, for when I use HPS, as it works better with the LED in my setup. For LED, I'm thinking of either approaching a sponsor or maybe building. It would be great if I could find the time.

Without CO2, high temps for long periods will fluff up the plants a bit. I've never run enriched, so I really don't have an opinion on it. It was the non-stealth of the tanks that has kept me away from it. You know what city I'm in. It's like wicked dense. :) My house also isn't insulated, so I bake in the summer and freeze in the winter, and I don't run sealed room. My buddies basement grow that I'm teaching on, doesn't have anything over 82 this week, and no AC, so I think that space is going to work well going forward. Growing in the summer is a PITA.

Great follow up. Thank you. I'm going to get CO2... But, I still need to get better myself. .I see that as the cherry on the pie. Thanks again for the insight and honesty....stay cool today :)

This has been a great journal CS! Learned so much so thank you for that. Look forward to your next journal. Enjoy your produce brother!

Thanks bro, great to have you here for it all. :high-five: No idea what's next, but Veg starts in September, and I'm looking at strains and lights now. :)

PTW is shaping up nicely, the smoke is very tasty, and she's got some nice kick. :love: Nug parade coming up in the next couple of days, and I'll try to find some time to smoke some pot, and write about it :rofl:

I'll be ready when you are CareStaker, great job.

Back
Top Bottom