Christians smoking Weed?

I was literally about to start a similar thread when I saw this!
Love it!
I believe God led me to cannabis to lead me away from addiction. It wasn't until I had completely surrendered to addiction when an opportunity to try smoking some herb landed in front of me.
Clean from prescriptions for almost 2 years now. IMHO.... This was the Lord's work.

Glad to meet some like-minded folks...
-P

I was literally about to start a similar thread when I saw this!
Love it!
I believe God led me to cannabis to lead me away from addiction. It wasn't until I had completely surrendered to addiction when an opportunity to try smoking some herb landed in front of me.
Clean from prescriptions for almost 2 years now. IMHO.... This was the Lord's work.

Glad to meet some like-minded folks...
-P
Amen brother. No coincidence we got stationed here where I could get off my scriptions. I've never felt like things we're more right than they are today. Thank God!!!

Amen brother. No coincidence we got stationed here where I could get off my scriptions. I've never felt like things we're more right than they are today. Thank God!!!
Man, coming back to Christ changed my world. Finally found a church that isn't "religious" but more "the word is what matters" kind of congregations. Just the natural flow of life led me from a surly veteran addicted to multiple pills & fresh out of jail for an opiate induced DWI; back to a good father, husband, and member of the community. Back to work, grab coffee with the pastor from time to time, shit... Even coaching 6-8 year old girls baseball! LoL
Life is great!

I love this thread!

I am Christian, devout, actually. Episcopalian. I, too, believe that God gave us weed and for specific reason......our good and giggly stellar health!

So glad I found Y'all!!

Love and Peace be with Y'all!

was raised baptist, don't do religion, try to be spiritual . ideas have changes alot over the years, they drank wine in the bible, im sure there were some sort of plants being used, imho as long as you dont hurt anyone else its all good

I agree, as long as you are not hurting anyone else, OR hurting yourself in any way, it's OK with God.
Genisis 1:29 clearly states all the plants were given to us for our food, and our medicine depending on what translation you read.
Many Christians are only familiar with substance abuse issues, because they came from that background (including my pastor) and have no understanding of medicinal usages of plants or even alcohol.

I've even seen Christians suffering from cancer refuse cannabis treatment because of the stigma associates with it's use.

My people are dying from lack of knowledge immediately comes to mind, so sad.

Hi I'm new to this forum and I would like to know if there are any christians that smoke weed? I'm an apologetic (which means I defend the Bible and Christianity) and I feel like weed is a gift from God that can help heal and let people have a safe fun time. I would like to know if anyone agrees with me that is a christian? Thanks guys!:420::thanks:
Yes I am a Christian. God gave us Dominion over all thing's. It is man and the ways of man. That corrupt all thing's good. And promote their evils. For the lust of power and riches. Most so called "Christians" use religion to gain power and riches. Daniels chapter 4 verse 20. The tree of life.

What an interesting question, with so many facets.

I try to follow the teachings and example of Jesus, so I consider myself Christian. Jesus himself was a devout Jew so he would follow all Old Testament laws and practices. To that end, I don't think any Old Testament scripture prohibits cannabis or smoking. I think neither are referenced. I am aware Jehovah's Witnesses quote 1 Corinthians 6:19 'your body is a temple' as a smoking prohibition. Though they consider themselves Christian, I personally feel they've missed God's intended message to us.

I think the verse above refers to abuse of any substance, so I try not to abuse cannabis consumption.

As a natural Earth life form, Cannabis was 'created' by God. S/He wants us to use it, not abuse it.

Exo 30:23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,
Exo 30:24 And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:
Exo 30:25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.

קָנֶה
qâneh
kaw-neh'
a reed (as erect); by resemblance a rod (especially for measuring), shaft, tube, stem, the radius (of the arm), beam (of a steelyard): - balance, bone, branch, calamus, cane, reed, X spearman, stalk.

בֹּשֶׂם בֶּשֶׂם
beśem bôśem
beh'-sem, bo'-sem
fragrance; by implication spicery; also the balsam plant: - smell, spice, sweet (odor).

So the first mention of "kaneh bosem" (shortened and transliterated to "canna-bis") is for the Holy anointing oil. It is absolutely unthinkable that a poison substance (calamus) would be added to the oil. Here are some better translations of the one verse:
(CJB) "Take the best spices—500 shekels of myrrh [12 1/2 pounds], half this amount (250 shekels) of aromatic cinnamon [6 1/4 pounds], 250 shekels of aromatic cane,
(ESV) “Take the finest spices: of liquid myrrh 500 shekels, and of sweet-smelling cinnamon half as much, that is, 250, and 250 of aromatic cane,
(TS2009) “And take for yourself choice spices, five hundred sheqels of liquid myrrh, and half as much – two hundred and fifty – of sweet-smelling cinnamon, and two hundred and fifty of sweet-smelling cane,

Here are the other uses of the words in Scripture:
Song 4:14 Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:
Isa_43:24 You have not spent money to buy me sweet cane or filled me with the fat of your sacrifices. Instead, you have burdened me with your sins and wearied me with your crimes.
Did you catch that? That is God himself speaking, saying "You have not brought me kaneh bosem"!
Jer_6:20 What do I care about incense from Sh'va or sweet cane from a distant land? Your burnt offerings are unacceptable, your sacrifices don't please me."
Eze_27:19 V'dan and Yavan from Uzal traded ironwork, cassia and aromatic cane for your goods.
So, what exactly is "sin"? Sin is not what our pastor says, or what our church says, not even the apostle Paul!. Sins are strictly what God says they are; he is the only one that can declare what offends him. Sins are ONLY listed in the Torah (the five books of Moses). Please consider the definition of sin as defined in the newer testament by the greatest apostle:
1Jn 3:4 Everyone who keeps sinning is violating Torah—indeed, sin is violation of Torah.
Eating pork may send a person to hell but not cannabis! Isa 66:17 “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig's flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the LORD.
In the context of this verse, it is speaking of the Kingdom of Messiah AFTER he returns! The dietary laws in Leviticus were never repealed; God's word and law are forever, regardless of what preachers say; it's just bad theology that does not stand the test.
Gen 1:29 "And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." (this was before the fall of Adam)
Gen_9:3 "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." (after the fall God allowed them to eat meat, as well as the plants).

God gave us herbs (seed bearing plants) for our food and medicine. There are many things that offend God, and he plainly stated them, but this is not one of them because there is no prohibition in Scripture of it.

i wanna see someone make that oil in the proper ratios with cannabis.

i make oil infused topicals all the time. i add a few drops of stuff like frankincense, eucalyptus, and japanese mint oil, depending on what the topical is aimed at relieving.

i make thc based topicals and cbd based topicals. the thc base is mostly pain relief stuff. the cbd base is for deep tissue things and swelling.

i have aging parents with numerous long term issues and they have come to rely on it. i've been involved with mmj for a while and make other things as well. we used to supply a number of folk with non-smoke meds.

edit : should add my parents are very much biblical christians. me ... hmmmm .. not so much. but i'm happy to admit all of our horizons have expanded, even if difficult. my pops runs my flower room for me almost entirely. :)

i wanna see someone make that oil in the proper ratios with cannabis.

i make oil infused topicals all the time. i add a few drops of stuff like frankincense, eucalyptus, and japanese mint oil, depending on what the topical is aimed at relieving.

i make thc based topicals and cbd based topicals. the thc base is mostly paind relief stuff. the cbd base is for deep tissue things and swelling.

i have aging parents with numerous long term issues and they have come to rely on it. i've been involved with mmj for a while and make other things as well. we used to supply a number of folk with non-smoke meds.
Do you have recipes anywhere posted? I'm interested in doing that as well.

Do you have recipes anywhere posted? I'm interested in doing that as well.

sure. it's not so hard. there is a few different ways to infuse the base oils.

you can use a few different base oils. i like olive oil as it's good for everything, and literally biblical, and grapeseed oil, which is near biblical and great for topical penetration. i also infuse vegetable glycerin and coconut oil.

there's a number of ways to do this but the least finicky and most cost effective is the instant pot method.

i was infusing oils with other methods before

i never knew about it until i found it on the board here. it combines a crock pot method and pressure cooker method and is superior to both. there is also a commercial cannabis infusing machine which will do the same for around 4 times the price of a decent instant pot.

this is how i make the body lotions

this is some delicious vegetable glycerin

i also make coconut oil infused gel pills.

sure. it's not so hard. there is a few different ways to infuse the base oils.

you can use a few different base oils. i like olive oil as it's good for everything, and literally biblical, and grapeseed oil, which is near biblical and great for topical penetration. i also infuse vegetable glycerin and coconut oil.

there's a number of ways to do this but the least finicky and most cost effective is the instant pot method.

i was infusing oils with other methods before

i never knew about it until i found it on the board here. it combines a crock pot method and pressure cooker method and is superior to both. there is also a commercial cannabis infusing machine which will do the same for around 4 times the price of a decent instant pot.

this is how i make the body lotions

this is some delicious vegetable glycerin

i also make coconut oil infused gel pills.
Bookmarked! Thank you! Already read the vg recipe.. that sounds interesting.. I just bought some gelatin today as I was about to make more gummies.. I really don't like all the sugar though. I think I may go to tinctures.

Have you considered MCT oil? I was told by someone who just made some gummies, he used this instead of coconut oil. I'm going to try it out with a little bit of Xantham Gum.

I have to tell my sister-in-law about the lotion.. they already make soaps/lotions/oils.

Thanks so much!

Good morning all....nice discussion here I to have read through and noticed the indirect references to the sweet herb... But I'm here to drop a chuckle I feel it relates in terms of God and weed so it fits...if not I apologize and will remove...but I feel almost every topic should have a bit of humor to make the information fun to absorb.

Light and love....happy out.

Screenshot_20220617-154311~2.png

A cannabis Christain here. As such it helps me be more compassionate, less judgmental more loving toward people that are not like me and never will be, and lastly more generous with our time and resources, because after all we ain't taking it with us.

Back
Top Bottom