Closet DWC Blackberry Nov. 15th 2010

That stuff looks great, definently pricey but the myco must be pretty good. I forgot about these plant additives I bought, myco blast. Each one makes 2 gals. Will non-organic nutes kill this bacteria off though?
Photo_on_2011-03-13_at_17_00.jpg
I can read the details off, but its probably just like other myco additives. 100% "natural" but doesnt say organic. its from supreme growers, these single packs were so cheap I got a small plastic bag full of them and they threw in some soil blast that I'll probably never use.

thanks krip, good to know.

Checked nirvana, flowering time is 9-11 weeks, not 8-9 :tokin: Might be a little longer than I said before, but it gives me more time to find a good microscope

FYI...check eBay...I just scored TWO for under $10 including shipping (albeit, from China! LOL!). One was a 60x lighted loupe for $2.61, including shipping:

Mini 60X Jewelry Loupe LED Lighted Magnifier Microscope

The other was a portable 60x-100x lighted microscope with attachable stand for $5.49 including shipping:

60X-100X Portable Lighted Microscope

I know money's tight, so you don't need much! :)

FYI...check eBay...I just scored TWO for under $10 including shipping (albeit, from China! LOL!). One was a 60x lighted loupe for $2.61, including shipping:

Mini 60X Jewelry Loupe LED Lighted Magnifier Microscope

The other was a portable 60x-100x lighted microscope with attachable stand for $5.49 including shipping:

60X-100X Portable Lighted Microscope

I know money's tight, so you don't need much! :)

Wow man, me and you think alike. I have that 60x mini loupe and I used that to check sex, but the trichs still look to small to tell under that, I got it for like 4.99 on ebay so you got a good deal. I want an usb endoscope thing to show people what the trichs look like and get some good nug photos in case I find a competitor for a contest. I found one for $25 and Im thinking this is the best I can do it goes up to 150x, but you definently saved money on those deals man. I might just get that 60-100x one and save money, we could all use a few extra bucks in our pocket.

Yeah I'd have to agree with hashassassin, hygrozyme is not for DWC. However I use it in my soil plants. It probably wouldnt be a good thing for you running dwc. The bottle says you can use it in hydro, aero.....any medium basically but its probably best suited for use in soil with organic nutes (which I'm only using a few organic products with organic soil). Hygrozyme helps break down any organic material in the soil like dead roots anything from your nutes, like one of my products has some kind of leaves in it that show up out of nowhere. Even using mainly synthetics it cant hurt to get rid of any dead roots or any of that in the soil even if it doesnt actually help the nute situation out however I think it does in my circumstances, but I will have to use it for a bit longer to be sure it works as stated and try a few plants with and some without.

Heres an article from a dude named bay area, this dude did a bunch of pepsi coke challenges with nutes, I think he did like 10 seperate nute programs on clones from the same strain.....lemme know if you'd like a link to those tests as I have to find it, I copied this and saved it to my computer.

After years of successfull growing I recently decided to post some info about my "secret weapon" in the grow room - Hygrozyme. As I'm sure your all computer savy I won't post some article about it's benefits but try and explain the real results I've had using it over the years. Breifly explained however, Hygrozyme is an enzymatic formula used in addition to some of your regular feeding programs. It was developed by a company named Sipco, a bio-tech company specializing in non-toxic bateria-free enzyme cleaning solutions. After years of research they developed this solution. It is an enzymatic solution loaded w/ complex chains of amino acids. In saying that, heres what results I've found and how I got them.

I've always leaned to organics when growing Marijuana, and have found not only better production but also higher quality smoke when using them. I'm a commercial grower and constantly look for the edge or the more effecient way to produce quality product. Some time ago I did some head to head research regarding various organic and chemical blend nute applications. Botanicare, Earthjuice, Foxfarm, Neptunes harvest, Alaskan Fish Fert, Dyna-gro and more recently General Organics were some of the names involved. I also used additives on some plants within my tests. Things like Mega-gro, Green-fuse and Hygrozyme. Every detail was documented. Things like color, general health, plant wieght, overall potency, hieght etc were measured and recorded. Even foliage weight to determine which products produced more bud to leaf ratio was written down. The nute results are meant for another thread but the benefits of Hygrozyme were the most apparent detail within the entire test. I used the same Pro-mix medium in 5 gallon pots for all plants of the same genetic mother. Out of 2 cycles of 4 different nute programs, and 96 plants, the tallest most productive of each program contained Hygrozyme. Not merely the tallest, biggest producers but the quality and health was better also. This was mostly the case with strictly organic nutes. Earthjuice in particular was effected positively. The plants simply used the nutes more effectively, in fact, the largest plants required less over-all food as the Hygrozyme asisted in breaking the organic material and increased the speed chemical reactions occured within the substrate. Root health appeared more vigorus on these plants as well, one beautiful thing about Hygrozyme is your ppm count will not rise with use, it has virtually no effect on ph. Literally with more available to them the plants just thrived. When flowering the results are most apparent. The stigma growth was twice the size, and plants required stakes much earlier and buds were far more swollen and dence. Crystalization was increased 2 fold. Again, the Hygrozyme simply made the bloom nutes more available and the plant used them more effectively and again, less of them. As mentioned earlier I used pro-mix so no nutes were in the medium. My mother plants however, are grown in actual organic soil, a 50/50 mix Black gold Sunshine mix #4 and Flower power with some dolomite. I simply add ph balenced water with Hygrozyme and they show vigorous growth - infact after 2 months each "mother" churns out 30+ clones with no added nutes ever in 7 gallon buckets besides whats available in the soil weekly.

Hygrozyme, when applied properly produced an avg. 2.74 oz per plant vs. 2.20 oz with-out. Plants were an avg. of 5.8 inches taller, and 5.7 inches wider in dia., stalk width was 1/3 wider and plants were over-all heavier. These are just some actual #s I recorded, and results were the same regardless of nutes I added besides the chem blends. Although I'm pro-organic, the chems did not benefit significantly. Because of it's ability to help break organic material, organics obviously works fantastic with this additive. The medium remains clean, bacteria free and loaded with available nutes.

As far as application rates it really depends on substrate, nutes and strain. Broadly recommended in an 11 week cycle or so. I'd begin with 2.5 mil through-out week 1 and 2 (week 1 being a rooted clone stage). Week 3 to 4 (veg stage) I would increase to 5 ml. Flowering weeks 5 to 7 I'd increase from 7 to 10 mil and week 8 should decrease back to 5ml. Weeks 9 to 11 should get very little to none. Later use of Hygrozyme in flowering cycles makes residual nirogen available and can extend flowering times so be cautious. It's pricey but truely worth the investment. I can't recommend it enough. Let me know if you have some questions. I'll try and post some pics soon of comparisons grows. Thanks

Edit:

Heres the link to the nute shootout (hope you have a comfy chair because its LONG but worth while): Nute Study - Marijuana Growing Forum

I am looking to the one to the og hygrozyme thread...

I measured that plant when I was down there tonight, its 43" tall and 35" wide at its 2 widest branches. I really really wanna grow trees like that dude. Dont get me wrong, I did grow it but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to flower this thing for fear its gonna grow through the ceiling (and I got 10'ers).....

Wow man, this is great stuff thank you! I love every bit of new knowledge and I appreciate you trying to educate me better on this stuff. I'm gonna need to read that link, I peaked and it looks very well compiled, I like to think Im a scientist at heart and I just eat up this type of quality research . Thanks again, and thats crazy about your plant, I think you should try I mean if it comes down to death or flower, but thats your decision. Its a shame your journal got deleted I dont think I ever checked it out, but I have a feeling I would have learned something and/or liked it.

No problem dude, everyone did it/doing it for me so its only right to repay it to someone else. The nute comparison is pretty cool its basically an entire page of posts. Definitely very useful. Glad I came across it to pass it along. I browsed through most of it reading the parts I thought pertained to me and things I could use. Sometimes its hard to distinguish fact from opinion, and being human we want to trust everyone but research anything ANYONE tells you.

Prime example me and my cloner... I cant tell you how many posts I've read about cloners and the temp the res should be kept at, they ALL stated to keep them between 75-80.... now that goes against everything I've learned up till now about hydro and what can happen when the res is too warm, I know what happens first hand and it sucks lemme tell ya. I figured its cloning, its different, I havent done it yet so lemme follow the way someone else does it.... But after reading through a random thread that I would have never even came across other than sheer chance, I found an argument going down in a thread and curiosity made me keep reading and I saw someone mention keeping the res temps @ 68-70 max. So now again, its going against what I learned in the past week, but I finally did what I should have in the beginning and went on the ez-cloner website, and read their instructions. Of course it said to keep the temps at 68 the best you can. I wont even go into how many PH variables I ran into with different people, the first 10 said 5.5, I've heard every other possible PH level you could imagine from 5.6 to 6.5. Everyone is different, does things different so you gotta try and filter the bullshit out of everyone else's statements, problem is bullshit likes company on forums so you'll find the same bullshit past along everywhere and newbs like ourselves end up stepping in it, it sucks but I guess thats how you learn. And I dont mean anyone doing it with the intent of screwing you up. Theres also a LOT of people that know their shit as well, either way though you gots ta confirm anything.

Yeah I dont think I would chop the plant down rather than it getting flowered, I'd probably just clone it to death which I've thought about but to flower it would just be hard because it already towers over everything else so it would have to have its own light/space. I gotta figure out how to stop the vertical growth. I was checking out a few grows and a dude was doing 96 plants in a pimped out (AWESOME) grow trailer that was all stickered up to look like a race car trailer, but once he got them to all several inches taller than he wanted them, he chopped the tops and used the tops as clones and made the entire OG 96 plants the same height. I thought it was a pretty cool (never seen that before) way to get an even canopy. I just dont know if it will stop the vertical growth or he just did that and did the flip to 12/12 so they were going to stop growing up either way. But he had 96 more plants to get ready for the next round.... The efficiency of that really peaked my interest, now when those 96 are as tall as he needs, chop....96 more and so on. I'm sure its a little more complicated than that but you get the point.

Been battling temps lately, im looking for a ductless air conditioner as the ambient temps are just too high. I dont have a charger for my camera right now, but I will post trich pics with my 150x microscope if I can catch the lights as they go off. Besides some leaf burning the buds are fattening and looking okay. Gonna pick up a charger asap, happy growing my friends

I soaked one fem. blueberry seed and two kc brains mango regulars overnight. The blueberry's taproot was out enough to transplant to growdan cubesl after a few hours in a paper towel. The two mangos are stil in the paper towel on the heat mat. I will be making mini hempies with 100% perilite. Starting week 9 of flower on the the blackberries. Still waiting for the trichs to turn color, pics coming very soon.

I have one blueberry and one mango seedling now =) I also have a new battery coming for my camera so the pic delay will be over soon. I've noticed some trichs turning cloudy so I'll be watching close this week. Its beginning of week 10 of flower and week 2 for the seedlings in mini hempies with perlite. I think I might start flushing soon, im so excited!

I can't wait to finish this grow and start a new journal on the next one. While I made mistakes on this grow its all up from here, Im gonna make a guess and say I have 1 oz on the big girl, 7g on the small one (dry) =)

Gonna start the flush tuesday, beginning of week 11 as the trichs are mostly cloudy. Ill be able to snap a pic as they are in the last week and then the last set of updates will be harvest and then dry weight I guess. Even though I'm basically talking to myself, I'm still gonna ask... I've read some mixed things about a dark period before harvest. As of now I think I'm gonna skip it cause of the high humidity here and it might promote mold but if anyone does give the plants a long dark period right before harvest I'd love to hear why and how it works for you!

Week 11 flower, flush is on for my nute burnt heat stressed girlies. Im thinking late defoliation, just to make harvest easier and to make things look pretty. Is the extra light worth it this late, or would it reduce the last bit of fattening up too much to be worth it?
100_33251.JPG
100_3324.JPG
100_3323.JPG
100_3321.JPG
100_3320.JPG
100_3319.JPG
100_33181.JPG
100_33171.JPG
100_33161.JPG
100_3315.JPG

In this last picture, anyone see anything abnormal?

Back
Top Bottom