Closet DWC Blackberry Nov. 15th 2010

No glue. For the 185 I use the largest outlet they give you (3/8 barbed) and hose clamp 1/2 tubing (black PVC) to that. Cut the 1/2 tubing to whatever height you want for the riser and put a 1/2 PVC - hose adapter on the other end.

For a few bucks more and a lot less hassle step up your pump size to a 396. Then all you will need is a 1/2 male adapter.

Alright, so I'm going to use the 185 for my 5 gal cloner, the sprayers I'm thinking 6, what do you think? After that I just need a hole saw and I'm in business. Thanks for helping me connect it hash. Did you ever build a smaller cloner? I'm going to put seven 2" holes in the lid to space them out, I won't need more than seven.

I'm getting the 396 for the ebb and flow table. I already have the single mixing tray and pvc stand, I hope this will hold the weight when its full of plants medium and water.
Gonna attach the e/f fittings and hose and run it to the pump when I get it, and I have a 18 gal reservoir. Hash made it look really clean and I had to make one, it will get its use, maybe with a 3 or 4 plan scrog sometime in the future. Thanks again for your help man.

Pics of the cloner spray fitting. Needs end caps I know, I was thinking 6 sprayers, but I am gonna wait to see some other ones. I saw a guy with like 18 on a fitting this size, crazy.
100_32472.JPG

Picked up this cheap wet/dry shop vac for 20 bucks, fits on a bucket.
100_32463.JPG

100_32413.JPG

Headband=)
:peace:

So it has been awhile, the problems I had completely stopped advancing, and the only real new news is that some of the upper leaves got a little burnt while I was helping my mom shovel snow up north for a few days:) I've got the girls at about 1200 ppm, less at times. The flush is coming soon I believe, seeing as the recommendation for this strain is 8-9 weeks and im nearing the end of 7 :cheer: I need to go do some research on to how long to flush for hydro, and whether to use tap or R.O., I dont have any flushing products but I might be able to pick something up if its necessary for plants that have been over fertilized. No progress on the cabinet or cloner, although my 396pump is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I've got some pics of them at around week 6 before I left, but ill post them tomorrow with some current ones. I'm looking around for one of those endoscopes so I can check the trichomes when the time comes, with my 50x I can barely tell if they even have heads or not, I believe the true magnification is about 20x but oh well. Happy growing guys and gals.

100_3276.JPG
100_32751.JPG
100_32771.JPG
100_3280.JPG
100_32781.JPG
100_32832.JPG

Well they aren't the prettiest plants, but they aren't dead! These are from the end of week 6, lets see if I can't make the next pics look any better:tokin: I think that super thrive really pushed some leafy growth on the buds, oh well, more hash makin' material. More pics soon, sorry for the repeated posting guys

FYI...I believe you are NOT supposed to use SuperThrive once the plants are in flower. I know the SuperThrive bottle says you can use it on blooming plants, but they're not referring to MJ. I believe the issue is that it's too high in N.

Yeah Krip, its a shame I didn't know that until a week or two after I started adding it. I stopped I think around week 2 or 3 of flower, and I was using like 2 drops for 5 gals so I don't think it hurt to much, but it will be a mistake not repeated for sure. I read somewhere that it promotes leafy growth when used in flowering which makes sense with high N. I was just using it to try and clear up some problems, but it was just leading to more. Thanks always for your help

Superthrive has no N in it, nor does it have P or K, its only B vitamins and a hormone (cant think of the name). Some people use it in flower I've heard but theres no need for it as there is no more vegetative growth going on. Once you start flower and the stretch is over, so is the veg growth if not sooner.

The people who make superthrive say a lot of things but its basically for plant stress and sickly plants. It has other uses but I cant think of them right now but has no nutes in it and it will NOT promote bigger buds or anything like that, so theres really no reason to run it in flower.

I highly doubt you were hurting your plants with it at all unless you were using mass amounts of it, a few drops to a ml per gallon is normal.

Superthrive has no N in it, nor does it have P or K, its only B vitamins and a hormone (cant think of the name). Some people use it in flower I've heard but theres no need for it as there is no more vegetative growth going on. Once you start flower and the stretch is over, so is the veg growth if not sooner.

The people who make superthrive say a lot of things but its basically for plant stress and sickly plants. It has other uses but I cant think of them right now but has no nutes in it and it will NOT promote bigger buds or anything like that, so theres really no reason to run it in flower.

I highly doubt you were hurting your plants with it at all unless you were using mass amounts of it, a few drops to a ml per gallon is normal.

Hey, W! Good to see you! Did 420 ever get you straightened out?

Actually, you are correct. I use SuperThrive (for plants in veg) and it's supposed to be mostly vitamins (lots of B1) and hormones. I remember reading somewhere that it contained too much N, but that can't be the case. Perhaps it's the vitamin B you're not supposed to give them? I do understand it's ok for stressed plants and you're also correct that his dose was pretty small.

How's your grow going? Feel free to PM me or post in my journal so we don't hijack Hydro's thread! :smokin:

Thanks for the info, your right the bottle clearly says not a fertilizer, and I'm glad I wasn't doing any harm, my plants were kinda sickly at the time but that was more a temp problem I think. It might have helped them during the stretch at the beginning, although they didn't stretch much probably cuz of stress. Glad to have the info straight on this stuff. :)

Yeah everything is good with 420, after a week or so they told me what happened and all that, my journal got deleted somehow after some site problems or whatever, it appears I wasnt the only one. At least I hope I wasnt the only one. The grow is going good, did some cloning finally, all I need is some more space and I'll be good, LOL..

However super thrive is made up of B1 and Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) (the hormone in it). I'm sure it has other stuff in it but it smells like straight vitamin B.....

I was having some droopy stressed out looking issues with my tangerine dream plant. I didnt really know what was going on, I was thinking PH problems or root bound (long shot) so I decided to transplant into a 10 gallon container and just water for the time being....nada. I flushed her out with 4-5 gallons of RO water (not a full flush) and then the last gallon or so I added to it I put in 1ml of superthrive and 6ml of hygrozyme and within 24 hours she was back to growing an inch a day. She looks like a damn Xmas tree at this point. I'd love to post a pic but I broke the screen on my droid and it wont take pics without accessing the menu and causing all kinds of problems like sending them to facebook and shit which is NOT cool at all. Thankfully I caught it before it got posted... close one....

Wow man, thats good with you TD, I need to pick up some of that hygrozyme everyone has said great things about their experience. Also, sorry to hear about your journal. I feel ya with the Facebook stuff, I'm afraid to like anyone's post, fearing it will show up on facebook or something. I tried to find something on what that new feature is but can't see to uncover anything. Good luck with the clones, are they tangerine dream as well?

Yeah everything is good with 420, after a week or so they told me what happened and all that, my journal got deleted somehow after some site problems or whatever, it appears I wasnt the only one. At least I hope I wasnt the only one. The grow is going good, did some cloning finally, all I need is some more space and I'll be good, LOL..

However super thrive is made up of B1 and Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) (the hormone in it). I'm sure it has other stuff in it but it smells like straight vitamin B.....

I was having some droopy stressed out looking issues with my tangerine dream plant. I didnt really know what was going on, I was thinking PH problems or root bound (long shot) so I decided to transplant into a 10 gallon container and just water for the time being....nada. I flushed her out with 4-5 gallons of RO water (not a full flush) and then the last gallon or so I added to it I put in 1ml of superthrive and 6ml of hygrozyme and within 24 hours she was back to growing an inch a day. She looks like a damn Xmas tree at this point. I'd love to post a pic but I broke the screen on my droid and it wont take pics without accessing the menu and causing all kinds of problems like sending them to facebook and shit which is NOT cool at all. Thankfully I caught it before it got posted... close one....

W, I understand your journal got deleted, I'm just surprised they were unable to restore it from SOME backup somewhere? Even if it was from a week before the incident (not the day before) you would have lost a week worth of posts, but at least still had your journal. Anyway, sorry to hear they couldn't get you back, but at least your not tempted to try to post pics and risk sending them to facebook! :)

Back
Top Bottom