Closet DWC Blackberry Nov. 15th 2010

Tomorrow is the end of Week 3 flower, and the ladies are packing on pistils. They started to really show last week(ish). Got pics of the cool tube set up with the clear ducting, and my homemade sprayer for the cloner I'm building just for shits and giggles Also included is a picture of the 3 speed fan im gonna put in the veg./mother/clone cabinet. It was 10$ and said max flow of 175 cfm or somthing, seems doubtful but it will work for a small space I suppose. Enjoy!
100_31681.JPG
100_3180.JPG
100_3169.JPG
100_31762.JPG
100_31701.JPG
100_3175.JPG
100_3174.JPG
100_31721.JPG
100_3171.JPG
100_3173.JPG
100_3181.JPG

Grabbed some pics as the light went out for better quality, the last two high light some of the unhealthier sides of the plants, but the canopy looks good, and seeing as this is my second grow, I'm ecstatic about these girls and how they look. Ph is staying good around 5.8 and I've kept the ppm around 1000 since the smaller plant is showing overfert signs, I'm more focused on the large girl for now though.
Time to hit the plant problem solver lol. Oh yeah forgot to say that I've added a drop per gallon of super thrive. Not sure if this is necessary seeing as I'm using thrive alive B-1 Red, but the two are definently different in content, the former is a vitamin additive, the latter a fert.
Baby Buds!
100_31843.JPG
100_31832.JPG
100_31853.JPG
100_31862.JPG
100_31873.JPG

Bigger plant /\
Smaller plant
\/
100_31883.JPG

Don't overload on the B1. Bring the heat down..that's heat stress plus some nute burn.

Also, that pump won't handle that many spray heads and that many is overkill anyway.
If you have extra pvc redo your manifold with HALF of those heads. You will get better flow and everything will be covered. Trust me.

I don't have a pump yet but thanks for the heads up I did buy more pvc so I'll redo it the right way :tokin: I'm looking for one about 200 gph or less like you said I think 185 you use for a couple units. You got my back bro, that B1 red just looks heavy.:thanks::high-five: forgot to mention, building a 10 or 15 site cloner for a 18 gal res. I just got the 2 inch inserts for it too. I'm glad I posted this before it was finished now.

I just redid mine. I wanted a smaller footprint and only need six clones per batch so I went and got a gasketed paint bucket lid and drilled the top full of 2" holes. I made a shorter manifold that fit in a bucket. Giving it a test run right now. I'm going to keep all my other parts just in case.

Girls have been drinking pretty quick, TDS dropping 100 ppm per day, and drinking about a gallon. Waiting for a piece for the R.O. unit and they will be getting clean(er) water. That is, unless someone has noticed significantly bad effect of switch from tap to RO during flower or something. Plucked a few dying leave but the tops are looking good and I've kept the temps down as much as possible. Probably the way I have my ventilation, my cheap tent came with 5" exhaust fittings, lame. Should have done my homework, but at least I can move up to a bigger and better tent next purchase. Seems like I made countless mistakes but I'm fond of learning through experience, just wish knowledge would take a break from my wallet. tehe oh well Rocking along. I want to start a fem blueberry so bad! Probably will have a seed or two popped about end of week 5 or so flower so one girl will be ready for flower and the other will be momma blue =) Its either that or try some reg. KC brains Mango but I think that strain wil require a larger tent. Maybe I'll pop one just to hope for a girl, and if it shows balls I could get some blue mango, but I'm not to into breeding and I know it would have to be crossed several times to become a stable blend. Lots of conditionals tonight....

Just smoked a fat Jay with raw papers, I'm diggin' the taste too.

Also! got two eva dry dehumidifiers, if I didn't say that already... hopefully will bring my rh down from 70+ with the lights off.
Looking for a local source for cheap, black 5 gal. buckets, thats right preparing for hempy =) Also looking for OC+ found 2 pack like 9 lbs for 40$ online, didn't see it at HD. Trying lowes next. Enuff rambling, good grows and good night everybody.

I know everyone has been using it but this smiley is giving me good vibes all over this forum
:Namaste: Guys
:Rasta:

My big girl is at 27" tall, forgot to get the diameter and the smaller girl so thats coming soon. They keep shooting out those nice white hairs :) I'm hoping my overfeeding that occurred after the root trim doesn't effect the end weight. The leaf structure is very tight at the tops its looking really nice, I'm hoping to get some better pics soon.

Is it just me or is looking at seed web sites addicting as hell? haha

Halfway into Week 5 Bloom, Day 101. Wow, time flies

Update: Flushing the bucket for 24 hours to try and minimize the damage:tokin:
Also, my temps were at 82F today, which makes me very happy considering I was hitting low 90's the other day.

Thanks again hash, I didn't even realize that you could flush with hydro, it certainly doesn't seem illogical but I had never read of it before and just kinda figured no nutes would stress the plants. Also I gotta thank you Krip, I thought it was really tight that you would go research my problem like it was your own plant, +reps

I just keep telling myself its my first hydro grow, first serious grow, farthest I've ever been in the life cycle of marijuana. Plus I can't help but smiling every time I peer in on the ladies, they smell so dank =)

All these troubles are for the best, no better way to learn I see it.
Hope you all are doing good this fine night, morning, whatever.

Is anyone using eva dry mini dehumidifiers? I just bought two and they aren't working to well. Time to go re-read the directions and see if I missed something.

Peace

Girls seem to like the flush, refilled with 900ppm and this is all R.O. when before my starting tap was 200ppm, so hopefully they can handle it, no bad signs yet, been 3 days now. Heat is also down, 79 right now, it still usually gets to 81 or 82 by the end of the day.

I installed drains on my res, cause I can't fit the ladies through the door at all, and now they aren't leaving that closet alive... Also put on an lcd thermometer to the res, works ok.

RH has gone down about 10% with 2 eva drys. I wouldn't recommend this brand to anyone, but I'll keep them in there just so they weren't a total waste. Also they may pick up after they are rechargers once or twice so I'm keeping optimistic.
Contemplating popping the new beans soon, I have about 4 weeks flower left right now I believe. The mother/cloner cabinet is almost complete, just need to grab some mylar fire blankets (camping section) and put in the light.
:peace:

Should a 1/2 outlet from a water pump fit snug into a 1/2 pvc pipe? Mine doesn't and I'm wondering how will i connect my pvc spray fitting to my water pump, and also my ebb and flow drain on a system im setting up to another pump. I have the ecoplus 185. None of the outlets they gave me fit.

Edit: I see you can use flexible tubing for ebb and flow and zip tie them, heading to HD to look for a 1/2 to 3/8 threaded for pvc to my ecoplus 185. Do you guys use pvc glue as well? I see some people do, others don't.

Should a 1/2 outlet from a water pump fit snug into a 1/2 pvc pipe? Mine doesn't and I'm wondering how will i connect my pvc spray fitting to my water pump, and also my ebb and flow drain on a system im setting up to another pump. I have the ecoplus 185. None of the outlets they gave me fit.

Edit: I see you can use flexible tubing for ebb and flow and zip tie them, heading to HD to look for a 1/2 to 3/8 threaded for pvc to my ecoplus 185. Do you guys use pvc glue as well? I see some people do, others don't.

No glue. For the 185 I use the largest outlet they give you (3/8 barbed) and hose clamp 1/2 tubing (black PVC) to that. Cut the 1/2 tubing to whatever height you want for the riser and put a 1/2 PVC - hose adapter on the other end.

For a few bucks more and a lot less hassle step up your pump size to a 396. Then all you will need is a 1/2 male adapter.

Hey what's up? I came to the party late. I found your journal from another subscribed journal. I'm all in bubbles is my favorite style but as of now I have been growing the stinkbud way. I'm all aboard man.

Sup man? I've seen you on some threads I'm on and I believe I've seen your grow if you had one, bubbles are really sick, the roots just keep bunching up and will pretty much fill up a bucket with liquid in it. Glad to have you aboard, I'm not familiar with stinkbud method, looks like I got some reading to do.

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom