Closet DWC Blackberry Nov. 15th 2010

Thanks man...BTW...the yellowing between the veins of the plant usually indicates some sort of nutrient deficiency. I'd look at adding some cal-mag. I am still a noob, so maybe some more experienced growers will comment?
Yes thats what I came up with, probably from when the res just sat while I was gone, because technoflora's recipe for success came with MagiCal, I've been adding it to every feeding since thy started veg. Thank you so much for the lookout and feedback Mr. Krip :bigtoke:

Either way they look good and I realy like ur hole setup,great job dude:thumb::goodjob:
Ill be watching for more updates:):blunt: + rep!
You are too kind :passitleft:thank you! I've been trying to K.I.S.S. and every once in awhile I try to make it complicated but I snap myself out of it. Its good to have you around j4s2u0

On a side note, the female should be ready to clone by the time I know the sex on the other two for sure which is whenever these clones root:surf:
My largest plant has one pre-flower I looked at with my 60x loupe, kind of looks like a crab claw but not visible enough to tell for sure if its male. I suspected that plant to be a male because of its apparent vigor over the other two plants who are only starting to mature, I mean the larger plant has growth shoots from the bottom nodes almost as big as the the other two!
I even had to top the bigger one down to about 12" because it was growing at least an 1" a day, and I kept the top for another clone, just for the experience I put it in a rapid rooter type plug, idk what brand but it doesn't feel like soil.

Pictures when the lights come on :) for now these are my clones day 9, they don't look to good or too bad I don't think they're kind of just chilling
I've got the heat pad, 24-0 lighting, and misting the dome once a day
rsz_100_3105.jpg
100_31042.jpg
100_3103.jpg

I'm glad to see the leaves yellowing because that means they are trying to grow, but these on the right side of the dome are drooping a little more, in this last pic below; the bottom three in rock wool are from the plant that is small and of unknown sex,the rest of the clones including the top three are from the largest plant. the rooter cube or w/e it is in the middle of the two with rock wool is from the topping. The one in the rooter was cut yesterday so I'm not so worried about it wilting but the far right one looks dead. The stem loks very thin as it goes down I think I might have let it develop an embolism somehow when cloning, OOPS.
100_31022.jpg

Sorry for the delay in pictures, I put up the wires on the adjust a wing, it helps concentrate the light I forgot I even had them.I rotated the biggest plant to the back and I counted it has 13 grow shoots on the top canopy alone! The other two plants are small comparatively. maybe 1/3 of the size its crazy.

Before the res. change
100_31181.jpg

During res. change
rsz_100_3114.jpg
rsz_100_3115.jpg

Front left unsexed plant, probably the smallest one (Bellow)
rsz_100_3109.jpg

Front right section hard to see the female who is 2nd biggest
rsz_100_3107.jpg

After the res. change. What happened? Too long of an air bath??
rsz_100_3119.jpg
100_31132.jpg

When I changed the res. it was because I noticed there was only 2 gal. left. they drank like 3 1/2 gal in 2 days. :yummy: :peace:

Ok so! Its day 66 from seed. All growth tips are asymetrical, signaling sexual maturity which also includes pre-flowers. The two smaller plants are females :yahoo:
The bigger one hasn't shown yet but I though I saw a pistil, of course I couldn't re-find it after the fan blew the branch in my hand.

Flowering comes as soon as the largest is confirmed female. With B.C. line of nutes should I just switch to the bloom nutes as soon as I switch the lights? I'm not sure if there is an advantage to mixing grow/bloom during the transition or not who knows?

On another note I have a Hydrofarm 6" cool tube coming, the glass will let me put the plants closer to the light and the cool tube will allow me to better exhaust heat directly from the light source. With this I chose a lumatek 400W dimmable, switchable electronic ballast with superlumens. Supposed to be silent and safe with auto shut off for surges.

So other than that I'm stocking up on the ona, getting ready to mount my carbon filter, and flowering time is set for next week, preferably monday but I have let the plant decide since my clones were not timed right. I have CO2 tabs and fermentation locks so when I get the chance I need to build some CO2 jugs. Still pondering a veg cabinet but it is not necessary until the clones are rooted better.

Its too late now, peace ya'll.:peace:
100_31221.jpg
100_31211.jpg

Anyone know why my leaf is sweating?

Looking good hydrogrown.The transperation in your leaves is perfectly normal.As for sexing sometimes they wont show until you flip the switch.But any ways looking good.Good choice on the lumatek and 6 inch cool tube I also have one of these and yes sir its pretty bright with the super lumens I would keep the light about 2ft above your canopy.:welldone:

:bravo: Cant whait for more pics !! i curently finish to make my one similar but still waiting for clones from a freind of mine im still a young begeiner but i put alot of time and money in mine !! and try to make it nice as urs lmk if whanna see some pics before i try to make my own journals !! u can also help me in the desing maybe i doo something worng . Ty !

Looking good hydrogrown.The transperation in your leaves is perfectly normal.As for sexing sometimes they wont show until you flip the switch.But any ways looking good.Good choice on the lumatek and 6 inch cool tube I also have one of these and yes sir its pretty bright with the super lumens I would keep the light about 2ft above your canopy.:welldone:

Thank you turttle, I decided not to wait and flipped the switch since I am only waiting on one to show. I bought the lumatek for the silence, superlumens, and safety. I believe it was you who recommended it to me early thank you again, I can't wait for this ballast!
If I use a 400w bulb not on superlumens would I still have to keep the light so far, even with the cool tube too? have an unshielded 400w right now about 1 foot from the canopy and its not burning at all. I trust you know what your talking about, but if so I wouldn't be able to use the cooltube with these plants because I dont have that much room. I appreciate your feedback anyway:passitleft:

Oi! looking good man. keep it up
thanks the best part is coming now

:bravo: Cant whait for more pics !! i curently finish to make my one similar but still waiting for clones from a freind of mine im still a young begeiner but i put alot of time and money in mine !! and try to make it nice as urs lmk if whanna see some pics before i try to make my own journals !! u can also help me in the desing maybe i doo something worng . Ty !

I'll look at some pics anytime, I am happy to pass on any advice I have learned here, and if I dont know it someone else probably can answer your question somewhere on this website. I know what you mean by a lot of time and money, I find myself in the hydro store like a kid in a candy shop, except I have cash and little to no self control over my impulses to by the next best thing for my grow. It will all be worth it in the end though, if we do it right, and dont skimp when it comes to quality with our babies.

Update coming soon!

Update time :rollit:

Day (or should I say night) 2 of flowering 12/12. Two small(er) plants have been identified by female pre-flowers, last is yet to be determined. Girls are on veg nutes that I changed just before the switch, but I topped off today with a gallon of bloom nutes from bc line; bc boost, bloom, thrive alive b1 red, awesome blossoms, Magical, and Sugar daddy. PPM 850, PH 5.6. Temps are mids 80s in the day and mid to high 60s at night. I'm thinking I might put a space heater outside the door to raise temps a few degrees at night but I just need to refresh my memory on what low temps are acceptable.

Other than that Im just waiting on my new light kit to see if it will fit (I think I measured right :tokin: ).
Gonna get a cabinet in here soon and set up an area for my clones, I found a good plastic cabinet that I can purchase another to stack on top when I get a mother.

I did test that Mr clean thing, I didn't get any different readings than normal, and I calibrated my monitor, but even though I used a brand new filter, just after I tested it the filter showed water spots... I'm going to try a new filter, and after that if it doesn't work Ill just take it apart like that guy I copied in buying it from the DIY section. cheap reverse osmosis might be too good to be true =(

Last but not least, the pics
100_31511.jpg

Just before the light when off
100_3146.jpg

just after the light went off, before I turned off flash
100_3148.jpg

Green led hanging lights, 0.99$
100_3147.jpg
100_3145.jpg

Cool photo of just the led lights on, no closet above fluorescent green bulb
100_31501.jpg

and the whole closet from the spare bedroom's view

Can't remember if I've forgotten anything:laughtwo: so I might just be done here for tonight
As always I'll be lurking around till the next update so get at me if you have any questions anyone feel free to ask or comment on anything! An inquisitive mind is a growing mind...

:peacetwo: OUT!
Hydrogrown

ok first of all this is my set up !!

4x4 feet grow tent
contaiin
4x16l container fully metal taped 5 hole in each whit 6inch net pot
2x 3feet t5 light (for young grow and late for mothers but will add 2 more for clones)
1000w hps light whit a cooling hood bulb huilux gro by ushio
can filter 9000
2xbathroom fan good for a total of 135 square feet of ventilations one for the hood an the other for the filter (works great)
meter for temps in/out side the tent and rh
2x 2outpout 60 gal aqua motors
ppm tester
ph tester
nutrients gonna be all nutriplus
will put a fan in the tent for wind !!
strain gonna be mystery cuz a freind trow me thoes babies!

and everything is brand new from my local hydro shop and home depot shit like this
like i said im a young begeiner will apreciet any kind of help ! pics will come right afther this
ty in advance !!

White .. .

ok first of all this is my set up !!

4x4 feet grow tent
contaiin
4x16l container fully metal taped 5 hole in each whit 6inch net pot
2x 3feet t5 light (for young grow and late for mothers but will add 2 more for clones)
1000w hps light whit a cooling hood bulb huilux gro by ushio
can filter 9000
2xbathroom fan good for a total of 135 square feet of ventilations one for the hood an the other for the filter (works great)
meter for temps in/out side the tent and rh
2x 2outpout 60 gal aqua motors
ppm tester
ph tester
nutrients gonna be all nutriplus
will put a fan in the tent for wind !!
strain gonna be mystery cuz a freind trow me thoes babies!

and everything is brand new from my local hydro shop and home depot shit like this
like i said im a young begeiner will apreciet any kind of help ! pics will come right afther this
ty in advance !!

White .. .

Nice setup, it sounds a lot like mine, but at the same time different.
So my tent is about 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 so 4x4 is much more room than I have,
Separate container dwc is a good idea because my roots are outgrowing this 10 gal container and they are 2 months old. 6 inch net pots are good enough for the whole cycle IMO. I believe the ones I am using now are 4"

T5's are awesome for cloning, vegging, and seedlings. Almost no heat and very bright lights. The 1000w hps is gonna give you some awesome dense nugs if you use it right. I don't know if I'm stating the obvious but be careful with the heat from a ballast hps system. I had problems with 400w ballast surging and sparking near my tent! Any way just keep the light far enough so you don't burn the canopy, place your hand above the plants for 1 min. if you hand is feeling to hot chances are your plants are too. Sounds like you have all your measuring equipment, eventually you may want to buy calibration solution and electrode cleaning solution to keep those ppm and ph meters clean, just a thought.

I have no experience with nutriplus, but I do have some pointers about nutes so here goes;
New growers most often over do things, over fertilizing and over watering. Start out slow with nutes, very slow and only once the first set of true leaves apear from your seeds. If you start slow with nutes and keep the ph in line with some of the research on this website you should be golden.
With hydro also, you cannot over saturate the water with oxygen that I know of, more 02 the better:thumb:
Those air pumps are definently powerful enough, your best bet with air stones is a micro pore diffusor. The cheapest place I've seen them is stealth hydro I believe they are a sponsor here.

I like the idea of a mystery strain, I can't wait to see their phenotypes in grow journals, its suspenseful.

One thing I want to share with ANY new growers out there, this link Do I Have Bad Room Syndrome?

Lastly, have fun! Your grow sounds like you've bought what you think to be the best for your ladies and I agree your system will produce a lot of buds! If you do a journal send me the link, and if you need any other advice let me know:welcome::ganjamon:

Night 4 of flower, no signs of sex from the last plant. Got the new lumatek ballast and cooltube, waiting for bassr plug. Also got a big utility cabinet for clone/mother just needs ventilation and lights setup. Plants have been topped up every other day with flower nutes, and plain water on the other day. Also added silica to the nutes to help with heat stress when the temps get close to 90F. 1 tsp/gal.
rsz_4100_3153.jpg

More pics soon.

My suspicions are correct, the largest plant is indeed a male. I have one problem, how do I separate the roots that have grown together of all three plants? I was thinking of just letting the roots die after I chop the plant down so that the roots will shrivel and separate a little? Either that or hacking away at the roots to get most of it and hoping I don't mess up the girls too bad. Any help would be CRUCIAL right now.

Back
Top Bottom