Closet Farmer's Soil Multiple Strain Grow-Juicy Buds? Aye Aye Sir!

Re: Closet Farmer's Soil Multiple Strain Grow-Juicy Buds? Aye Aye Sir!!

CF, I noticed the Short Leaves on Your White Ruski, Tomorrow, I am going to do a Pictorial on the Heirloom Kush Strain I have. I think it will Trip You Out that one of My Phenotypes of this Strain, also has very small Leaves. Even the Fan Leaves are unusually Small. The only difference in Our Leaves that I could discern, was that mine are more Rounded and Less Pointy on the Tips. Some of the best Herb this Strain Produces Pheno to Pheno Wise. Take some Time, and Please Come and Have a Look. I know You won't be disappointed. In case You did not KNOW, it is under Journals in Progress, Title" This Years Outdoor 2012 Garden Diary- By JTG & My Wife. I would Be Honored!!!:thumb: And if You already have seen it, I still want You to SEE the Phenotype I am talking about!!! And I also agree, that Tangereine Dream, does not LOOK to Dreamy, I do not recognize that Phenotype of it at all. Take Care, SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

That White Ruski sure does have the tiny little leaves! Thanks for letting me know about your journal. I encourage anyone here to read it. Your grow area and plants are amazing. I am subbed to your journal now. Thanks James!!
:high-five:

OK! I am late Drill SGT. Your plants sure are purrdy! :thumb:

Glad you could join us Major Bong! The troops were starting to loose their moral!! Commencing Countdown Vaporizor On!!
:rofl:

This time the plants are into flower taller than before. I should get a bigger yeild this time than last time. I sure hope so. If not. Thats ok too!!
:circle-of-love:

Glad you could join us Major Bong! The troops were starting to loose their moral!! Commencing Countdown Vaporizor On!!
:rofl:

This time the plants are into flower taller than before. I should get a bigger yeild this time than last time. I sure hope so. If not. Thats ok too!!

Going to do the same Sir! :circle-of-love:

yep you sure do got a pretty garden there soldier, Looks like its going to be a good year for you:) hope it is anyway!

Yours looks like a magnesium deficiency to me. Cal/Mag is probably a good choice for your issue. I couldn't see SurfBuddy's leaf as well, but perhaps he has the same thing. Hmm.

Yours looks like a magnesium deficiency to me. Cal/Mag is probably a good choice for your issue. I couldn't see SurfBuddy's leaf as well, but perhaps he has the same thing. Hmm.

Thanks X! That is what I thought too. I have been giving cal mag and it seems to be getting better. I think Surf Buddy has the same thing. I could be wrong though. Sure glad it is not bugs! Knock on Wood!!

yep you sure do got a pretty garden there soldier, Looks like its going to be a good year for you:) hope it is anyway!

I hope it is a good year for you too!! Thanks for the compliment!!
:high-five:

CF, I think like with SB's problem, it all has to do with Lighting.:blushsmile: You usually have enough Magnesium, when Plants are at this size, to not have to worry about it. But if it is not Lighting, then Yeah it could be Magnesium, and even though You are giving them Cal-Mag, and feel things are looking better:thedoubletake:, I still say Light is the PROBLEM!!! Remember, the Plants could just be Greening Up because they have acclimated to the Light as well. A little Cal-Mag NEVER hurt anything, and it probably did help everything Green up more as well!:slide: I give My Plants Cal-Mag every time I Water and Fertilize, Sweet too. I even continue to give them the Cal-Mag and Sweet when I switch to Bloom Formula. Cal-Mag increases Stem, Stalk and Root Strength, the Sweet helps on the uptake of Carbohydrates, and helps deal with Stress Issues as well:yahoo:, which I am sure You already know!!! Thanks for STOPPING By My Grow, it is really appreciated, I have a Dumb Question, what does Subbed mean?:hmmmm: I have heard it used on here before, but I am not quite sure what it means!!!:goof: And it is not because I am a Stupid JAR-HEAD. On another subject, don't You think it is FUNNY, that other Branches think the best way to offend a Marine, is to call them a JAR-HEAD. We were taught to take it as a compliment, so I always HAVE and WILL!!!:amen: Same with Leather-Neck, another insult, that I take as a compliment. It feels good to be able to take their Power to Insult Away, by actually being Proud when they call us that!! But You Know, our Armed Services have become so interdependent on one another, I have noticed that the Inter-service Rivalries really are not what they used to be in the Past. Our Countries Armed Services have become so small, that We all really rely on one another a lot these Days. There is discussion going on now, to Fully Integrate all the different Branches, into just One really Big Fighting, Logistical Force. They are even rolling around Names for it. There would still be specialty Groups, like Marines, Sailors, Army,Air Force, and Coast Guard, but We would all be under the same Command Structure, for simplicity, and to reduce the Squabbling over Funding between the different Branches:rolleyes3, We'll see how this one Pans Out.:thumb: I will be posting my Pictures of the Heirloom Kushes soon! I think You will be astonished by the differences in this Strains Phenotypes. I made You an Official Friend, thanks for asking, as I was gonna ask You anyways. I'll let You Know when I post the Pictures. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

CF, I think like with SB's problem, it all has to do with Lighting.:blushsmile: You usually have enough Magnesium, when Plants are at this size, to not have to worry about it. But if it is not Lighting, then Yeah it could be Magnesium, and even though You are giving them Cal-Mag, and feel things are looking better:thedoubletake:, I still say Light is the PROBLEM!!! Remember, the Plants could just be Greening Up because they have acclimated to the Light as well. A little Cal-Mag NEVER hurt anything, and it probably did help everything Green up more as well!:slide: I give My Plants Cal-Mag every time I Water and Fertilize, Sweet too. I even continue to give them the Cal-Mag and Sweet when I switch to Bloom Formula. Cal-Mag increases Stem, Stalk and Root Strength, the Sweet helps on the uptake of Carbohydrates, and helps deal with Stress Issues as well:yahoo:, which I am sure You already know!!! Thanks for STOPPING By My Grow, it is really appreciated, I have a Dumb Question, what does Subbed mean?:hmmmm: I have heard it used on here before, but I am not quite sure what it means!!!:goof: And it is not because I am a Stupid JAR-HEAD. On another subject, don't You think it is FUNNY, that other Branches think the best way to offend a Marine, is to call them a JAR-HEAD. We were taught to take it as a compliment, so I always HAVE and WILL!!!:amen: Same with Leather-Neck, another insult, that I take as a compliment. It feels good to be able to take their Power to Insult Away, by actually being Proud when they call us that!! But You Know, our Armed Services have become so interdependent on one another, I have noticed that the Inter-service Rivalries really are not what they used to be in the Past. Our Countries Armed Services have become so small, that We all really rely on one another a lot these Days. There is discussion going on now, to Fully Integrate all the different Branches, into just One really Big Fighting, Logistical Force. They are even rolling around Names for it. There would still be specialty Groups, like Marines, Sailors, Army,Air Force, and Coast Guard, but We would all be under the same Command Structure, for simplicity, and to reduce the Squabbling over Funding between the different Branches:rolleyes3, We'll see how this one Pans Out.:thumb: I will be posting my Pictures of the Heirloom Kushes soon! I think You will be astonished by the differences in this Strains Phenotypes. I made You an Official Friend, thanks for asking, as I was gonna ask You anyways. I'll let You Know when I post the Pictures. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I should use cal mag every watering too. I don't even use sweet as often as I should either. This oc+ has got me lazy. Just add water and walk away!! I like what you had to say about cal mag adding root growth. I always forget to get molases when I go to the grocery store. Going to have to put that on my list. I always thought molases or sweet was used to make the buds bigger and smell more. Never really heard that it was a stress reliever and helped with carb uptake.
:Namaste::morenutes:

I never knew what subbed meant before I joined this site either. To me it means subscribed to your jounal! Your plants and grow area are amazing. How much weight do you get per plant?!
:yummy:

I have always noticed that my plants in my grow space get less light when facing the open area of my closet. I came up with this idea to duct tape a wall of reflective material I bought at the hardware store. It really seems to capture the light and send back to the plants. Also, for some reason even though the portable ac is outside the wall the temps went down almost 5 degrees! And best of all there is now hardly any light comming out of the closet bottom. Check it out. For my grow space this really works. I wish I would have done this sooner.

This is how my space looks with the reflector in place from inside my closet.
closed_reflective_wall.JPG

Before the end plants did not get as much light as the interior plants.
Open_reflective_wall.JPG

View of the extra light the outside plants are now getting...

reflective_wall.JPG

Cf, what do You think it means when it says, "TOO MAKE THE BUDS BIGGER, AND SMELL MORE"!?! It Means the Buds get Bigger from the intake of the Carbohydrates, and because Sweet is inherently SWEET!!!:high-five: The Plants Pick Up Sugars and Smells! Nothing like a nice, Perfectly Ripe, AAA Quality, Dried and Cured Bud, of whatever Strain You So Desire:yahoo: And for some reason, The Carbohydrate Intake helps in keeping the Stress Levels Down as well. Although I gotta Say, it is Pretty Darn Hard to Stress out a Herb Plant that is being properly cared for even without Cal-Mag or Sweet. Like I said before, they are like Super-Heroes, and just seem to Flourish, No Matter What!!!:laugh: I was once told that Cannabis is the Second Fastest Growing Plant on the Planet, next to Kelp from the Ocean!!!:hmmmm: I have never checked this Information Out Before, too SEE if it was True, But the Guy was a Park Ranger, and I believed Him. I should check it Out Though, just to be SAFE!!! But can You imagine That, if it is True, The Second Fastest Growing Plant On The Planet:goof: That would be Great, I am gonna Go and Post My Pictures, that are of the Strain Heirloom Land Race Kush. I have kept this Strain going for right on 20yrs, it was passed on to Me By a Couple, that were Friends of the Family, I'll call B&k, they were Girl Friends that came from the wild, wondrous, FREE SPIRITED WORLD of the MID 60s through the Early 70s. They Gifted the Seeds to ME!!! I'll tell You more in My Picture UPLOAD.:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Cf, what do You think it means when it says, "TOO MAKE THE BUDS BIGGER, AND SMELL MORE"!?! It Means the Buds get Bigger from the intake of the Carbohydrates, and because Sweet is inherently SWEET!!!:high-five: The Plants Pick Up Sugars and Smells! Nothing like a nice, Perfectly Ripe, AAA Quality, Dried and Cured Bud, of whatever Strain You So Desire:yahoo: And for some reason, The Carbohydrate Intake helps in keeping the Stress Levels Down as well. Although I gotta Say, it is Pretty Darn Hard to Stress out a Herb Plant that is being properly cared for even without Cal-Mag or Sweet. Like I said before, they are like Super-Heroes, and just seem to Flourish, No Matter What!!!:laugh: I was once told that Cannabis is the Second Fastest Growing Plant on the Planet, next to Kelp from the Ocean!!!:hmmmm: I have never checked this Information Out Before, too SEE if it was True, But the Guy was a Park Ranger, and I believed Him. I should check it Out Though, just to be SAFE!!! But can You imagine That, if it is True, The Second Fastest Growing Plant On The Planet:goof: That would be Great, I am gonna Go and Post My Pictures, that are of the Strain Heirloom Land Race Kush. I have kept this Strain going for right on 20yrs, it was passed on to Me By a Couple, that were Friends of the Family, I'll call B&k, they were Girl Friends that came from the wild, wondrous, FREE SPIRITED WORLD of the MID 60s through the Early 70s. They Gifted the Seeds to ME!!! I'll tell You more in My Picture UPLOAD.:thumb: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

That makes a lot of sense about the sweet! The oc+ is supposed to have sweet already in it but I am going to start adding molasses on a regular basis too.
I really can tell you have alot of experience based on your plant photos. I also really appreciate you sharing your knowlege too!
I never thought about Marijuana being the fastest growing plant! I have heard that corn grows very fast too. People that live next to a big corn field have said they can actually hear the corn grow on a quiet windless night.
It is hard to kill a pot plant. The only times I have had problems was when I was new and I would over anaylize and care for the plants. Over ferting. These plants are amazing. I love to see how fast they bounce back after a trauma!
:thanks:

Back to the story…
I forgot to mention earlier about the lacing of boots. All laces on our boots and shoes were to be laced left over right. This was drilled into us. It has been 30 years since I have been to boot camp. To this day all my shoes, boots or anything else that needs to be laced I automatically lace left over right. If I notice a shoe not laced this way I will unlace and lace properly. Just a weird quirk I picked up. I bet other former Marines do the same. The cover on our head was to be worn with the brim the distance of your index finger and forefinger from the bridge of your nose. You will never see a Marine wearing his cover like a baseball player.

The day we got to finally blouse our trousers was big. Everyone in the platoon was extremely proud and happy. I know this sounds funny but that is how we felt after a few weeks of physical and mind torchure! I remember going to the chow hall with my boots bloused up. I was very surprised to see another one of my friends from high school. Larry H. He was always one of the really cool kids at school and many people like me looked up to him. He just got to boot a few days earlier. He noticed my boots bloused and I could see the admiration in his face. This is the first time I really started to feel proud of myself. We could only say a few words because we were both in a line going in different directions. I never saw him again until I was on leave and he was UA. He finally got caught and had to spend time in the brig before getting dishonorably discharged. He couldn’t take it!

I was always ready for breakfast. The green eggs and ham were still a common thing to see at the chow hall. It didn’t matter though. I was always so hungry I was not picky. Another thing about the chow halls in boot camp is we had all the soda we could drink in the short time we had to eat. Growing up we never got soda. My parents were very thrifty and considered soda a rare luxury.

I was not prepared for the food poisoning. One day at the chow hall the ham was tainted with Uncle Salmanella. After chow we were running in formation. All of a sudden I see vomit and diarrhea spots from the recruits on the concrete. Everyone in formation was running and avoiding puke and poop! The DI ran us back to the squad bay. All the recruits that vomited were ordered to sick bay. After a few more minutes the DI said to the whole platoon. Anyone that ate the ham at breakfast must report to sick bay immediately. As soon as he said that I was vomiting like I had a fire hose coming out of my mouth! And I had diarrhea at the same time. All you could smell on the entire base was vomit and shit! It was terrible. I went to the sick bay and was ordered to have bed rest. On the way back to my squad bay I passed a few Officers on the way to the squad bay. I was so sick I didn’t even salute or have my cover on. I also was carrying a half full vomit bag. When I passed a butterbar 1st Lieutenant just out of school he had me stop and salute. First he yelled at me for looking like shit and had me put my cover on. As soon as my hand hit my forehead I spewed puke at least four feet from my body. The Lieutenant had to move to avoid getting hit. I really wanted to hit him! This was my first experience with First Lieutenants. Most of them seemed to be assholes!! For the next 3 days myself and several other recruits spent our time on the toilet with diarrhea and vomit coming out at the same time. This was on the National news. I heard a few recruits died. I cannot confirm though.

The obstacle course was a blast. Even a boy like me that was used to climbing up 100 plus foot cotton wood trees and sandstone cliffs was challenged by this course. We had ropes to swing across small bodies of water. Tall structures made out of rope and wood that we climbed up and over. There was this one obstacle that was 4 floors placed on top of each other. We had to make it to the top floor without the aid of ladders or anything. I used the beams that held the doors together and made it. It was hard though. We had one private in our platoon that was very awkward and clumsy. He was an African American however he did not get any of the genes that most Black People have. He fell trying to get on the third floor and came slamming down on the ground about a foot from my feet. The wind was knocked out of him and he was in pain. The DI came racing over and not to comfort him. The DI stood over him and called him everything the book. He told him if he was his son he would be shot on site!! This poor recruit was dogged and dogged for about a week. Finally the DI’s sent him packing. He was transferred to a unit of similar recruits and later discharged.
0327blog3.jpg

I really hope I do not offend anyone with my use of different races. In my eyes we are all created equal. The reason I will talk about the different races is because this is the way I saw it and it allows you to be in my shoes. This was the first time in my life that being White was the minority! In the Marines I ended up with a lot of friends that were of all races and I still have good memories of them to this day.

So long Ago!! Prices for Tires sure were cheaper Back Then!!!:bravo: I applaud You on Your Find, Truly PRICELESS!!!:goodjob: I was Eleven Years Old, when that Happened, On Summer Vacation, Fishing or at the Beach Surfing:high-five:! And just enjoying the Start of Summer Vacation, and realizing I had almost 2 and a half Months Left to GOOF OFF!!!:blalol: God, being 11YRS old was Fun during the 1980s in America, We could still carry and Shoot BB-GUNS, without some MORON calling us in as Dangerous Individuals with Guns:phew:, What has our Society Come Too!?! To much Government Over Sight, over things that do not NEED Oversight!!!:thumb: Where Has Common Sense Gone, Someone PLEASE let Me Know if They Find It!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

So long Ago!! Prices for Tires sure were cheaper Back Then!!!:bravo: I applaud You on Your Find, Truly PRICELESS!!!:goodjob: I was Eleven Years Old, when that Happened, On Summer Vacation, Fishing or at the Beach Surfing:high-five:! And just enjoying the Start of Summer Vacation, and realizing I had almost 2 and a half Months Left to GOOF OFF!!!:blalol: God, being 11YRS old was Fun during the 1980s in America, We could still carry and Shoot BB-GUNS, without some MORON calling us in as Dangerous Individuals with Guns:phew:, What has our Society Come Too!?! To much Government Over Sight, over things that do not NEED Oversight!!!:thumb: Where Has Common Sense Gone, Someone PLEASE let Me Know if They Find It!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

I totally agree. The government is spending way too much money on different agencies that take our freedoms away! Instead of talking about raising taxes and making this group pay more or less than the other is ridiculous. I would much rather hear about what they are going to do to cut spending. Maybe even get rid of a few agencies. Maybe even use modern day technology to become more efficient just like private companies do. Just like you said James......Common Sense!!

I just did another improvement to my growspace and it did not cost any thing. Earlier I reported that my temp was at 78. When I put the light partition in place the temp went to 83. I have a lot of wasted cold air that is not getting to the plants. So I took a recyclable grocery bag, Duct material and ended up gaining back 4 degrees and a lot less waste of ac in the small room.

Here is how it looks.

Group Photo...
04939.JPG

Duct work...
04653.JPG

Wall in place.... I removed the duct tape and replaced with velcro to keep more secure...
05039.JPG

you sure do gots little feet:) besides that like what you done there CF.plants are looking sweet bro :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom