Closet Scrog Grow

re: BPN Closet Scrog Grow

Now... I wake up this morning to find that Fedup just left my reflector at the front gate... he obviously doesn't know this area, people will jack a damn broom if its just sitting there...

:peacetwo:

yea it looks good there brotha, I never really tried out the paper clip method... but yup just make sure that it doesn't pull it out of the earth...

other than that, perfectly done brotha... next you will want to start bringing the branches out to the sides. :thumb:

I think you got that LST down...good start..when you get to the edge of the pot start using the pot to tie down..the plant will pull that wire out of the soil...i woke up a bunch of times to see my wire dangling...:goodjob: with your main shoot horizontal them side branches are going to take off...tie them too..

ok i think i got the wire far enough in the soil because when i saw the plant today it had grown a little bigger and was starting to turn up towards the light but is still staked down into the soil. Seems to be working but yes once it gets to the edge of the pot i will secure it with twist ties to the edge of the smart pot!

was at the grow room today

Scrog closet

Wow i dont know if its the change of light or what but these things are growing at least an inch a day, i reworked all the tops again through the screen im running out of space though! should have anticipated the strech but what i dont do now will just make me do it next time. Everything looks healthy. watered them with plain pH'd water today.
Temps were low of 75*F and high of 93*F i know thats pretty high but when we grew the 2 mother plants they thrived in the high temps so im not worried about it plus its keep my electrical cost down not running the fan all the time. Humidity was low of 22% and high of 73% so i turned down the humidifier a bit. we have it on like 1/4 strength on the dial and it only runs for an hour every other hour (12 hours through out the whole day).

Veg Tent

Looks great, everything is growing beautifully i noticed small white soil mites, the pesticide i am spraying seems to be doing the trick though, there's defiantly not alot of them just a few here and there, we will continue to spray them with the pesticide every other day until the problem stops.

SEeds

We put the Lucy seed and the A-Train seed in Peat moss pods today. They both had about an 1/2 inch long tap root so we put the taproot face down and pinched the soil in with the seed shell on top. Hope they take to the peat moss pods ok. this is how we did the PPP seeds we got and it worked so i hope it does the trick. Once they start to root i will start a new journal

On a side note....

I was at lowes today and in the plumbing section they have water sprinkler fittings and all kinds of products, they even have drip lines and manifolds all kinds of things you can use for drip hydroponics and aeroponics, tons of sprayers and dropplet things. Wow i couldnt believe it you could probably build a whole hydro set up just from supplies at lowes. I thought this would be helpful to any one who wants to do hydro but doesn't have a hydro shop near by!

QUESTION:

i am going to put the 2 seedlings that are in the jiffy pods in a separate tent on a 22/2 light cycle with (2) 15w 18'' Florescent strip lights. Is this an ok light cycle and is that enough light for 2 seedlings, or is it too much? i feel like this will be a perfect light schedule plus the light wont be to intense on the seedlings. Let me know if you think i should be doing it differently , thanks

Later guys!

I don't see a problem with that... as long as it stays above 14 hours of light, it won't flower, and they say to do seedlings to 24/0 for the first week ta 2...

So I think you should be fine brotha. :thumb:

ok Astonr420 i wasnt sure if i should give them a dark period or not when they are seedlings, if they dont NEED a dark period then ill jsut leave the 2 15w flourecents on 27/7 for say the first week.

Astonr do you have any thoughts on the small bugs that hover around my plants when i pick them up and move them around. They seem to be chillin out in the soil and as soon as i touch the soil or water them it dirupts them they fly around a little bit then back to the soil. ive been noticing it for about 1.5 weeks now the problem is not going away. I have sprayed 3 times with this Green Light Fruit Tree Spray its an organic pesticide containing neem oil. Doesnt really seem to be doing much against these pest. I dont notice anything on the plants really but i know that this will be a huge problem if i dont take care of it now, i think i may have thrips when i went back and looked at the "Identifying your pest" post by god speed. Im running out of ideas i need a fresh brain to pick

ok Astonr420 i wasnt sure if i should give them a dark period or not when they are seedlings, if they dont NEED a dark period then ill jsut leave the 2 15w flourecents on 27/7 for say the first week.

Astonr do you have any thoughts on the small bugs that hover around my plants when i pick them up and move them around. They seem to be chillin out in the soil and as soon as i touch the soil or water them it dirupts them they fly around a little bit then back to the soil. ive been noticing it for about 1.5 weeks now the problem is not going away. I have sprayed 3 times with this Green Light Fruit Tree Spray its an organic pesticide containing neem oil. Doesnt really seem to be doing much against these pest. I dont notice anything on the plants really but i know that this will be a huge problem if i dont take care of it now, i think i may have thrips when i went back and looked at the "Identifying your pest" post by god speed. Im running out of ideas i need a fresh brain to pick

Sounds like fungus gnats to me...do they resemble tiny mosquito's? I would get a handle on those right away... they lay hundreds of eggs in the soil and if you don't controll them you will have larvae all over your soil eating the shiz out of your roots....

1st...Gets some yellow sticky cards...hang them everywhere, in your canopy...above your canopy, lay a few across the tops of your soil.... These will trap and kill the adults...

2nd...Get some azatrol or azamax, its an all natural soil drench that works very well for fungus gnats...

3 get some mosquito dunks and sprinkle the top of your soil with them, as well as add them to your next few waterings...

4...let your soil dry out as much as possible between waterings...fungus gnats love the moist organic soil...

These methods work well in controlling fungus gnats....they have a 30 day life cycle so you need to follow up with about 3 treatments about every other watering....this should get ya under control...

yea sounds like fungus gnats... um... try getting some sticky paper and putting it between pots, or even on top of the soil... then when they jump around they will land on it...

Now, when I had soil mites, I did a Azamax soil drench treatment... and it killed them all... first round...

Hey I didn't think of the layer of perlite? does this actually do something for it? or it cus the top layer soil, where they live, is not exposed so they can't survive?

They are right about those being nats..also right on about the treatment...i had them when my plants were vegging..i did that treatment also i spreded a layer of perlite over the soil..got rid of mine in 2 weeks..:goodluck:

Never thought about that either...great idea and thanks for sharing Miwi!!

Fungus gnats seem to always find there way into my soil... I think they are just my growing bane!! lol There really not harmful if you kill them off quickly, its when you pull away your soil and it looks like a maggot party, and the roots are the orderves, that's when there's big trouble...

Hey I didn't think of the layer of perlite? does this actually do something for it? or it cus the top layer soil, where they live, is not exposed so they can't survive?

It has something to do with the construction of perlite because of the edges the nats cannot burrow in to lay eggs...

do you know if they have a representative that is a member of 420magazine? i would like to PM him/her if there is.

EDIT: i sent an email over to the fine people at Sierra Natural Science Inc. hopefully i see a respond email with in the next day or two.

Still want to know if they have a representative who is a member of this site so i could pm them. Thanks for any and all info!

Hey, I had the same problem with the fungus gnats and got rid of them in a day. I went to my hydro shop and was going to get sand or perlite or something to cover the top of my soil with before they could get any worse. He recommended this powdery stuff called diatomaceous earth. It's the powdered fossilized remains of a certain type of algae. Sprinkle it over the top of your soil and just kind of mix it into the top inch of the soil or so. It has an abrasive property that rubs and grinds into the gnats and their eggs so they can never get above the soil.

Relatively cheap, and imo, MUCH easier than sprays where you have to get the tops and bottoms of your leaves for weeks at a time. Check it out if it fits your budget, it's about 5-10 USD for a 10lb bag. And honestly a little goes a long ways. I used like 10x too much and had no adverse effects or anything and still have 90 percent or more of the 10lb bag left.

Back
Top Bottom