CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

I am new, but is that kind of like Subcool's has lots of components that are not exactly organic (Dolomite Lime, green sand, etcl.), the mix overall is considered organic? Or am I off in my thinking here?
naturally occuring minerals are mostly the source of chemical fertilizers as well but in a concentrated purified form. now while that sounds nice at first glance, these are very available to plants so can easily burn them, contain impurities not resulting from the source material but the manufacturing process and they’re not “full spectrum” as organic inputs. when you add kelp for example you add gibberelic acid, potassium, micro nutrients and trace minerals along with organic material which feeds the soil food web and conditions the soil in general.

salt based fertilizers dont offer these benefits just ions for plants.

on the other hand things like epsom or gypsum are, while inorganic in chemistry, considered organic because they’re naturally occuring and have not been altered chemically.

i dont think it’ll hurt the organic food web or grow cycle per se either but the wording of the post is somehow misleading imo. it sounds like they may get certified organic in the future, it feels like a corporate disclaimer kinda post and really there is no need for that imo.
@CrimsonEcho Yeah, we can't really speak to it as it's a fully different company than us! We have no idea whether they're trying to get certification or not, and I don't want to make any assumptions. :)

Fabulous information. Thanks, everyone.

Veg Room #1
Today I planted 10 more seeds in cups full of soil. These will be the Purple Kush involved in the Dynomyco demo grow. Our auto is growing slowly, but still growing. Not sure yet what is happening there.
The 8 tangies are looking very good and since I am not ready to transplant yet I chose to give them one more watering, this time of course with Terpinator added to the water. So far there are no complaints about the tight quarters, but they are coming soon, and have probably only been delayed because of the stunting going on because of the toppings. They will come out of that soon and really start growing rapidly. The @Mars Hydro SP-3000 was raised up another 6 inches or so, to widen its footprint on the veg table. This is becoming a very busy room!
DSCF0887.JPG

Veg Room #2
These girls were on day 6 since last watering and they needed it, and they got their first taste of Terpinator! They are all producing massive amounts of bud sites and are getting ready for bloom. The color is great, the bugs seem to be gone, and we are 9 days away from room rotation and the flip. The @NextLight 420h is doing a great job with these girls so far, but it is time to let the girls get used to what is coming in their very near future. The big light was brightened from about 60% to full. Grow babies! Grow!
DSCF0895.JPG

Bloom Room
Wow. They needed water as it was the third day since the last, and again they only got the Terpinator added to the water. It is also the 13th day of the feeding cycle, so they got their next dosage of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM. We are at day 15 of bloom, and already I am able to see some light frost on the White Widows. The buds look like 3 week buds and I am going to show you some of them tonight.
DSCF0886.JPG
DSCF0885.JPG
DSCF0884.JPG
DSCF0883.JPG

Also, I have noticed that it takes the microbes about 48 hours to get nutes moving where they need to be, and just like that the potassium deficiency indications are going away after a feeding with Terpinator. Some of the yellowed leaves are greening back up. Extra K does seem to be needed at times, and the Terpinator and Massive are going to fill that bill nicely.
DSCF0882.JPG
DSCF0881.JPG
DSCF0880.JPG

It is also time to adjust the lights again. Tomorrow their DLI goes up a little more as their new light period is going to be 13.5/10.5. The next test (provided they don't freak out) will be when the next batch comes into this light period on their flip. That is the big question... will the red lights allow them to change mode in this lighting? The world wants to know. I think it is insane to think we can get away with this, especially with so many varieties involved in the experiment, but time will tell. If you are not on the edge of your seat already, you should be. This is some exciting stuff!

Here is a shot of one of my favorite plants of this run... I expect some massive weight off of these 16 colas:
DSCF0879.JPG

Veg Room #1
Today I planted 10 more seeds in cups full of soil. These will be the Purple Kush involved in the Dynomyco demo grow. Our auto is growing slowly, but still growing. Not sure yet what is happening there.
The 8 tangies are looking very good and since I am not ready to transplant yet I chose to give them one more watering, this time of course with Terpinator added to the water. So far there are no complaints about the tight quarters, but they are coming soon, and have probably only been delayed because of the stunting going on because of the toppings. They will come out of that soon and really start growing rapidly. The @Mars Hydro SP-3000 was raised up another 6 inches or so, to widen its footprint on the veg table. This is becoming a very busy room!
DSCF0887.JPG

Veg Room #2
These girls were on day 6 since last watering and they needed it, and they got their first taste of Terpinator! They are all producing massive amounts of bud sites and are getting ready for bloom. The color is great, the bugs seem to be gone, and we are 9 days away from room rotation and the flip. The @NextLight 420h is doing a great job with these girls so far, but it is time to let the girls get used to what is coming in their very near future. The big light was brightened from about 60% to full. Grow babies! Grow!
DSCF0895.JPG

Bloom Room
Wow. They needed water as it was the third day since the last, and again they only got the Terpinator added to the water. It is also the 13th day of the feeding cycle, so they got their next dosage of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM. We are at day 15 of bloom, and already I am able to see some light frost on the White Widows. The buds look like 3 week buds and I am going to show you some of them tonight.
DSCF0886.JPG
DSCF0885.JPG
DSCF0884.JPG
DSCF0883.JPG

Also, I have noticed that it takes the microbes about 48 hours to get nutes moving where they need to be, and just like that the potassium deficiency indications are going away after a feeding with Terpinator. Some of the yellowed leaves are greening back up. Extra K does seem to be needed at times, and the Terpinator and Massive are going to fill that bill nicely.
DSCF0882.JPG
DSCF0881.JPG
DSCF0880.JPG

It is also time to adjust the lights again. Tomorrow their DLI goes up a little more as their new light period is going to be 13.5/10.5. The next test (provided they don't freak out) will be when the next batch comes into this light period on their flip. That is the big question... will the red lights allow them to change mode in this lighting? The world wants to know. I think it is insane to think we can get away with this, especially with so many varieties involved in the experiment, but time will tell. If you are not on the edge of your seat already, you should be. This is some exciting stuff!

Here is a shot of one of my favorite plants of this run... I expect some massive weight off of these 16 colas:
DSCF0879.JPG
Gorgeous. FYI - my Titan was very slow to take off. Behind the soil ones even for about ten days or even two weeks, then she exploded.

I am very glad to hear that! I was like, WTF... what didn't she like? She now has a listing in my book of persnickity plants.
Yeah I wouldn’t worry. Titan was so behind I thought I had drowned her or something and stalled her for days. Nope. Just slow out the gate. If the BS as an XXL behaves like the WWC XXL, you’re fine. I should have given you a heads up but wasn’t sure if it was just me.

Yeah I wouldn’t worry. Titan was so behind I thought I had drowned her or something and stalled her for days. Nope. Just slow out the gate. If the BS as an XXL behaves like the WWC XXL, you’re fine. I should have given you a heads up but wasn’t sure if it was just me.
Now we know... that xxl gene must be from a particularly evil plant, probably one that none of us ever want to see. It is probably what makes them end up so big in the end... fighting that evil side. I am enjoying meeting this plant. She isn't boring, I will give her that. I like an expressive personality and I am sure we will get along well together. She just got a kick in the seat yesterday, so now she has met me and understands that there are no shirkers in my garden. Here, you work for a living. I havn't been up there yet... I will bring pictures back down.

Veg Room #1
The fastest plant already wanted water today, some of the others are still 2 days behind. I gave that one a drink, to runoff. I will need to uppot soon. I have run out of @DYNOMYCO and am waiting on the order to arrive. When it does, we transplant. No one seems to be suffering though, but I am not doing the transplant without it.
DSCF0900.JPG

Veg Room #2
This is a beautiful place and I enjoy sitting in here. The training has been going spectacularly and it is resulting in some beautifully shaped plants, each one with around 16 colas. There is still one Green Crack that is behind all the others, but even she is starting to shape into a producer and we should get 2-3 oz off of her. The bugs seem to have left for gardens less protected than mine, so we are not seeing any leaf damage at all. Things are going well and these plants will be ready to flip in less than a week.
DSCF0899.JPG

Bloom Room
The green keeps coming back into some of the previously cannibalized leaves, and 3 or 4 leaves have dropped around the room in leaves too far gone, and today I wouldn't say that I see any complaints... other than one big one that needed to be addressed immediately.
DSCF0903.JPG

The big beautiful plant that i showed you on the last update has begun to sag under her own weight, with the help of the big wall fan blowing everyone around in here. It was time to build her cage around her, and that big girl needed a full 3 sided cage. I worked with it for a while to see what branches I could wire up to the outside of the cage and the support poles and which needed to be in the center without crowding everyone of light and airflow. A little creative work with plant wire and the tomato cage parts, and we got her supporting herself without bunching everything up in the middle. This is where the old fashioned wire tomato cages are superior to these build it yourself cage kits, because each hole as you move upward gets wider and wider. I still prefer the convenience of the build it yourself cages, and with a little thinking outside of the box, it is still possible to spread the upper canopy a bit.
DSCF0902.JPG

DSCF0904.JPG

Veg Room 1
We are 6 days from room rotation. There is no need to rush. I need to follow my own advice that this is not a race and especially in this smallest of containers, take advantage of the time here to grow a solid rootball. I see no complaints yet that the roots are being constricted. One of the Tangies has already achieved a rootball and I am needing to water it every day. The others are taking their time draining their water and today we are at day 3 of their wet/dry cycle. The last data point is that we are at day 10 since their last feeding, making the perfect transplanting time also within that window of the next feeding time.
DSCF0914.JPG
DSCF0913.JPG

I watered the one needy one and am cooling my jets on the others. I will re-evaluate tomorrow knowing that their brand new FFOF, Dynomyco and 1 gallon containers are ready and waiting for them. It will be a little crowded in the veg rooms until rotation day, but we will make it work.
DSCF0912.JPG

Veg Room 2
Speaking of rotation day, these girls are all starting to reach up and get the idea of going to bloom soon.
DSCF0915.JPG

Even the runt Green Crack has come around to the training, and needed her last step before bloom today, where I moved the hoops to their extreme limits and trim away any fan leaves that are in the way. This one was slow out of the gate, but she is going to end up being a good producer.
DSCF0919.JPG

Still there are no signs of bugs anywhere. Going after them in the soil was the right move. Live and learn... I need to learn some new tricks regarding proper soil management.
DSCF0918.JPG
DSCF0917.JPG
DSCF0916.JPG

Bloom Room
Today was day 3 of the wet/dry cycle and they were ready for more. I have designated the Sunday waterings to be the weekly application day for the Massive, so today they got the whole mix, Terp and Massive together.

We are at day 18 of bloom and day 2 of the feeding cycle. The buds look magnificent and today I can get you a good shot of the frost starting to appear on the White Widows.
DSCF0908.JPG

The Vanilla Kush do not seem to be showing any real frost yet... it probably takes longer to mix up the vanilla. :rofl:
DSCF0909.JPG

This update centers in on Veg Room 1, but it also necessarily bleeds over into Veg Room 2...

Today was uppotting day for our 8 TangerineDream47s at day 4 since last watering, Day 11 from the last feeding and day 25 above ground. I decided to go early and not feed today, but to get them in the new soil ASAP because of their great root structure.

20220606_151504.jpg

So, 1 gallon containers were prepared with new FFOF packed in around a solo cup and then watered to runoff.

20220606_150911.jpg

The cup was wiggled out of the soil leaving a hole exactly the right size for the rootball. Dynomyco was sprinkled in around the damp sides of this hole with lots collecting at the bottom of the hole.

20220606_151545.jpg

The plant was slid out of its old cup and plopped down neatly into the hole, and that soil surrounding the plant was also watered to runoff, merging the two soil groups.

Then we needed to make things legal. There are 10 plants coming up and one Auto in Veg Room #1... and one of the Tangies makes 12, the legal limit in the young plant room.

20220606_171052.jpg

In veg room #2 we already had our 5 plants readying up for bloom in just a few days. Seven of the Tangies were moved to this room for a total of 12 in the advanced veg room. I am ready for that inspection now. :)

20220606_171939.jpg

This update centers in on Veg Room 1, but it also necessarily bleeds over into Veg Room 2...

Today was uppotting day for our 8 TangerineDream47s at day 4 since last watering, Day 11 from the last feeding and day 25 above ground. I decided to go early and not feed today, but to get them in the new soil ASAP because of their great root structure.

20220606_151504.jpg

So, 1 gallon containers were prepared with new FFOF packed in around a solo cup and then watered to runoff.

20220606_150911.jpg

The cup was wiggled out of the soil leaving a hole exactly the right size for the rootball. Dynomyco was sprinkled in around the damp sides of this hole with lots collecting at the bottom of the hole.

20220606_151545.jpg

The plant was slid out of its old cup and plopped down neatly into the hole, and that soil surrounding the plant was also watered to runoff, merging the two soil groups.

Then we needed to make things legal. There are 10 plants coming up and one Auto in Veg Room #1... and one of the Tangies makes 12, the legal limit in the young plant room.

20220606_171052.jpg

In veg room #2 we already had our 5 plants readying up for bloom in just a few days. Seven of the Tangies were moved to this room for a total of 12 in the advanced veg room. I am ready for that inspection now. :)

20220606_171939.jpg
I saw someone sprinkling the myco on the root ball rather than in the hole. I liked that, seems it makes it easier to stick to the sides.

I saw someone sprinkling the myco on the root ball rather than in the hole. I liked that, seems it makes it easier to stick to the sides.
I saw that too, but that is actually a major PITA to do without help. The sides of my hole are wet and dont need to be sprayed, and they hold a lot of the pieces of Dynomyco too. Each little chunk of DM contains so many active myco that I am not worried and know that by the time I water, it will be everywhere and the roots will definitely find it.

I saw that too, but that is actually a major PITA to do without help. The sides of my hole are wet and dont need to be sprayed, and they hold a lot of the pieces of Dynomyco too. Each little chunk of DM contains so many active myco that I am not worried and know that by the time I water, it will be everywhere and the roots will definitely find it.
Spread microbial(s) on the root ball and sometimes blend it throughout the entire medium.
Sometimes I'll massage it into the root ball.

Never really put much thought into it.

Been lazy, so been using water soluble microbes.

This morning I made my rounds, spraying the still to surface new seedlings, and checking on the well being of all the plants in all the rooms.

Veg Room 1 had nothing for me to do other than check to see that the Auto still growing and lifting the cup does indicate that water is being used.
DSCF0930.JPG

Veg Room 2 has 3 more days before room rotation and the flip for 5 of these plants. No one seems to be complaining about the 19/5 lighting either. The Auto will be moving in here soon, and should love that pattern.
DSCF0929.JPG

Bloom Room
These girls are still blooming and do seem to be loving life at the moment, even with the lights set to 13.5/10.5. Here we are at day 20 of bloom.
DSCF0928.JPG

Looking great Em!! I can't imagine keeping up with all those rooms and feed schedules...great job!

Glad you asked @GeoFlora Nutrients if terpinator and massive were once a week or per watering.....I was confused too. I've been doing 10ml of both at every watering, so I'm about right where I should be for the week with watering every 3 days. The girls seem fine so I may continue as I have.

This morning I made my rounds, spraying the still to surface new seedlings, and checking on the well being of all the plants in all the rooms.

Veg Room 1 had nothing for me to do other than check to see that the Auto still growing and lifting the cup does indicate that water is being used.
DSCF0930.JPG

Veg Room 2 has 3 more days before room rotation and the flip for 5 of these plants. No one seems to be complaining about the 19/5 lighting either. The Auto will be moving in here soon, and should love that pattern.
DSCF0929.JPG

Bloom Room
These girls are still blooming and do seem to be loving life at the moment, even with the lights set to 13.5/10.5. Here we are at day 20 of bloom.
DSCF0928.JPG
Is there a target day to go 14/10? Or are you?

Back
Top Bottom