Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Sure wish things would finish up in the Flower Room so I can move plants around. Running out of room now that I'm up potting. Getting tempted to stick my extra light in a closet to put a few plants in .... lol.
Bruce Banger is almost done. She is all cloudy; but I want some Amber this go round, because I think this one will be awesome smoke. Oh well, time to check the Flower Room & see if I can squeeze another plant in there. I know it looks like there's room but I move my fans out of the way to take pics so some of that room is not really available.

My instincts about the Bruce Banger were right. I cut a bud off a few days ago & it dried so I smoked it last night. Oh my gosh. Shit is FIRE ! That joint knocked me on my ass. I think this may end up being the best I've grown yet. I already want to grow this one again.

I am just so impatient. I want to get my new light so bad it's killing me .... lol. I found a 10 bar 800 watt light with Meanwell Drivers & LM301B diodes for $800 I plan to buy real soon. Got $500 together so far. Should be able to order it in the next week or two. Measurements are 40" x 40" so I'm pretty sure it will do well in a 5 x 5. That only leaves 10" on all 4 sides so it should be enough for that coverage area.
Just a couple more things & I'm full perpetual with a Mothers Tent. Now if I could just win one of those contests with a Drip System .... lol. Just kidding. I quit entering the contests. Probably pretty inexpensive to build one anyway though.

I am just so impatient. I want to get my new light so bad it's killing me .... lol. I found a 10 bar 800 watt light with Meanwell Drivers & LM301B diodes for $800 I plan to buy real soon. Got $500 together so far. Should be able to order it in the next week or two. Measurements are 40" x 40" so I'm pretty sure it will do well in a 5 x 5. That only leaves 10" on all 4 sides so it should be enough for that coverage area.
Just a couple more things & I'm full perpetual with a Mothers Tent. Now if I could just win one of those contests with a Drip System .... lol. Just kidding. I quit entering the contests. Probably pretty inexpensive to build one anyway though.

I got 2 of these Manifold Kits. Far from being a complete system but they are nothing I'm gonna use. Funny thing is, they shipped them to me from AZ.

I got 2 of these Manifold Kits. Far from being a complete system but they are nothing I'm gonna use. Funny thing is, they shipped them to me from AZ.
That place is about 45 minutes from where I live. There's a bunch of irrigation places near me & that system looks like it would do the trick. So would I just need to hook this up to some type of Res. with a Pump & maybe something like a Rain Bird Timer ? Would it benefit to oxygenate the res. ? I'd probably need to use Hydro Guard with this system ?
LMK, this is something I can put together this week if it's all I need. Thanks !

Don't know if you ever saw Derby's auto-watering thread, but it's worth a quick read:
Never even heard of Derby. I tend to read things that pop up on the home page only unless it's someone's journal I'm trying to learn from. Haven't seen that name pop up ever. Thanks for the tip.

Gave my clones away & starting new ones. They were just too close in timing & would have had to veg too long before I could fit them in flower. I did keep 2 Cherry on Top Clones I plan to STS. If anyone sees "PIE HOE" seeds for sale please let me know where. I want to cross the Pie Hoe with the Cherry on Top to get me a "Hoe on Top".

A look at what the Flower Room looked like yesterday. Moved some plants around this morning so it's different now.
I had a "Cherry on Top" hermie on me so I moved the 3 plants that were almost done out of the Flower Room & into the 5 x 5. Then I put all 5 Cherry on Top & 2 Glue Cookies in the Flower Room. These are all regs & bag seed so I'll keep them separate. The other 3 are just about done. They look so much better under the LED's. I'll get new pics up before I harvest each one. Bruce Banger comes down this weekend. Pics 4, 5 & 6 are the Bruce Banger.
Here's some pics.

9-715.JPG
9-716.JPG
9-717.JPG
9-718.JPG
9-719.JPG
9-720.JPG
9-721.JPG
9-722.JPG
9-723.JPG
9-724.JPG

I'm in the process of making butter at the moment. Only using Trim; but it is all close up & sugar leaf trim that was good & frosty. It's my 1st time. I figured since it's trim & I have a high tolerance I'd try to make it strong. I used 1.25 oz. of decarbed trim to 2 sticks of butter. It's been simmering on low about 2 hours now, so still an hour to go.
I plan to use this butter for Brownies & Peanut Butter Cookies. Hope it comes out well. Time to go stir it again.
Back soon.

Here's a few pics of the 5 x 5 from yesterday. The tall plant on the right in the 1st & 3rd pics is the Hermie. Sure hope it didn't spread any pollen. I only found 1 spot on the plant with pollen on it & there are no fans blowing so I hope I'm OK.

10-112.JPG
10-113.JPG
10-114.JPG
10-115.JPG

Not sure if you can see the pollen sacs in the pic as my camera takes crappy close ups. But I'm sure you can see the pollen on the leaf. I thought it was an ash or WPM at 1st till I got a good look.

10-120.JPG
10-121.JPG

And here is the 3 x 3. She's getting pretty bare. I'm starting clones on a couple plants, but only plan to keep 1 of each to use STS on & get seeds. The rest will get trashed. Need to re-do my entire set up since I have some stuff to automate some things now. Planning to only do 5 plants at a time so probably wont use the Flower Room much unless I do regs & fems at the same time & need to separate them.

10-116.JPG
10-117.JPG
10-118.JPG
10-119.JPG

And that's my update for now.

That's a lot of great looking plants Buds, I can see why you want to get automated! Good catch on the pollen...hope it stayed put until you got a handle on it. Did you spray the plant down with water to inactivate any pollen still hiding in there?
Do you mean did I spray the remaining plants down or the Hermie plant ? I didn't do either as I wasn't sure what to do. 1st time I actually had a pollen sac break open. I took the plant on the porch & shook it but the only place any pollen came off was the same spot so I think it was the 1st to pop & just the 1 branch so far. So I chopped her down & tossed her & then showered to get any pollen off of me. I have a feeling this could happen again as these 6 Cherry on Top are bag seed. Is this pollen any good for cross breeding or will it have Hermie tendencies ?
Is the butter suppose to be green ? Never made it before either.

I meant the hermie plant, but if there is still pollen floating around the room it came from (and where it was last) then spraying down the plants and the room will inactivate whatever pollen is still around.

And pollen from a hermie plant will tend to produce seed that can also tend to hermie, so it isn't often used unless you are really in need of free seeds and are willing to keep an eye out for hermies down the line. It's a gamble some folks take, but I don't think many do.

I meant the hermie plant, but if there is still pollen floating around the room it came from (and where it was last) then spraying down the plants and the room will inactivate whatever pollen is still around.

And pollen from a hermie plant will tend to produce seed that can also tend to hermie, so it isn't often used unless you are really in need of free seeds and are willing to keep an eye out for hermies down the line. It's a gamble some folks take, but I don't think many do.
I wont bother to collect it then. Thanks.

As I said, I moved some things around. So I'll start with a few group shots of what's in the 5 x 5 which is 3 Peyote Wi Fi in the back, Gorilla front left, Bruce Banger front & center, White Widow front right.

10-122.JPG
10-123.JPG
10-124.JPG

And here's a few pics of the Bruce Banger. I'll be chopping her down in the morning. She's totally cloudy with a little Amber & smells really good right now.

10-125.JPG
10-126.JPG
10-127.JPG
10-128.JPG

And here we have the Gorilla Girl. I decides to check Trichs on all 3 of the plants that are finishing up. This girl is like 80% cloudy, 10% clear & 10% Amber so I think she'll be done this week.

10-129.JPG
10-130.JPG
10-131.JPG
10-132.JPG
10-133.JPG
10-134.JPG

The White Widow has over a week to go so didn't bother to take separate pics of her yet. Here's a couple pics of the bare ass 3 x 3. The last Glue Cookies will be moved to the 5 x 5 once I harvest the Bruce Banger. These clones & 2 Mystery Seeds I found in my shed when I bought the place will be the end of this round before I over haul my tents. Will be starting some flowers & tomatoes in the 3 x 3 once it's empty. They'll be moved outside once going good though.

10-135.JPG
10-136.JPG

Have fun with the chop in the morning! Looks like it's going to be a banger of a harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And that Gorilla Girl is one seriously leggy plant. That one is going to be easy to trim!
Yeah, this Gorilla Girl weirded out on me this time. Grew her twice under LED & came out short & bushy. Flowered her under HPS this time & she stretched big time. I did not lower the HPS as they are too big & bulky to deal with so that probably caused it. Never the less, she is much frostier then the past 2 grows so hopefully more potent. I've been using either Terpinator or Sweet Candy more generously this grow so maybe that's why.

Just read your Macro Pics thread. I'll have to try that. The Microscope doesn't take that great of pics. I was going to buy a Cannon EOS & the 2 lenses sometime this year but this might be OK for now. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Shed, I'm going to be buying another light real soon. I'm looking at 2 different ones that both have Meanwell & Samsung parts. 1 is a 640 watt 12 bar light & the other is an 800 watt 10 Bar light. Both are about 40" x 40". I'm trying to figure out which would do a better job in the 5 x 5 tent. Which light would you go with ? Looking to order this in the next day or 2. Just have to get another $100 together so I can get it.

Back
Top Bottom