Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Worth a read if only to get you started:
I wonder why there are so many turns in the PVC. I don't understand why it goes left, then down & then right. Is that suppose to work like a "P" Trap or something ?
1616292617367.png

OK, let's do another update. We'll start with the 3 Peyote Wi Fi in the 5 x 5. These girls got flipped to 12/12 on 2-14 so they are 35 days in flower. They get fed 6 gr. MC, 1.5 gr. S.C. & 3ml. Cal Mag per gal. They drink about 1 gal. ea.
Been trying like hell not to let these 3 collapse on me like the last one. Had to do a pretty good defol on them just to find branches to tie up. Each time I feed I try to tie them up a little better. Like I said before, I wont grow this strain again. Too much trouble !

10-155.JPG
10-156.JPG
10-157.JPG
10-158.JPG
10-159.JPG

Next is the 1 Glue Cookies I have in the 5 x 5. This one got flipped to 12/12 on 3-14 so only 7 days ago. All plants are getting the same feed.

10-163.JPG
10-164.JPG

Here's 3 pics of the White Widow. She got flipped to 12/12 on 1-20 so been in Flower for 60 days. Almost ready for harvest.

10-160.JPG
10-161.JPG
10-162.JPG

Up next we have the Gorilla Girl. She also got flipped to 12/12 on 1-20 so she's 60 days in Flower. This one looks the closest to the finish line. She'll most likely get harvested within a week.

10-166.JPG
10-167.JPG
10-168.JPG
10-169.JPG
10-170.JPG

And a couple of Group Shots of the 5 x 5.

10-171.JPG
10-172.JPG

Here's a pic of the 3 x 3. These plants don't really matter as they are to make seeds anyway. That & the rest are Flowers for my yard.

10-173.JPG

Now we have the Flower Room. Out here we have 5 Cherry on Top. These have been in Flower since 2-14 so 35 days now. They are looking really good.
I also have 2 Glue Cookies out here that I flipped to 12/12 on 3-12 so only 9 days of Flower.
All the plants to the left are Cherry on Top & the 2 on the far right are the Glue Cookies.

10-174.JPG
10-175.JPG
10-176.JPG
10-177.JPG
10-178.JPG
10-179.JPG
10-180.JPG
10-181.JPG
10-182.JPG

Darn 10 pic limit. Still have 1 pic .... lol.

10-183.JPG

Anyways, I ordered my remote control wall mount 16" fans yesterday & bought 3 more wire shelves to use for mounting equipment in my tent. Hoping all my orders arrive by Friday so I can spend next weekend upgrading my tent. My plants will just have to go in the closet at lights out so I can work on the tent. I'll be spending some time today bringing in the equipment I'll be adding as I like to prep & plan ahead of time.

See ya all soon. Time to burn a fatty !

Derby used to be pretty good at replying so I hope he gets back to you soon. In the meantime I was just thinking how much your grow has grown since it was just 3 or 4 plants in that big closet!
Yeah, I was still in the process of turning the shed into a Flower Room. Most of my equipment was still in storage. So I made due with the closet for a grow. All coming together now. Brought everything in from the shed to redo the 5 x 5 tent. Just have to wait on my shipments & it goes up. Anticipation is killing me.

Had to feed again this morning so I checked Trichs again. Been 4 days since last check. Well, the sugar leaves have the 25% Amber but not the buds yet. I'll most likely chop the Gorilla Girl this weekend. Pretty sure the White Widow will be just a few days behind that. My guess is nothing else will be ready for 3 - 4 weeks after that.
Plants in the shed were so bushy I had to remove a bunch of leaves. No Air or Light was getting in the centers of the plants & was starting to get some wet spots on the leaves.
Wish the Temps outside would quit changing so drastically. 85 F one day & 60 F the next with temps in the low 40's at night. Hard to keep the VPD dialed in with a space heater, HPS & an exhaust fan when temps outside aren't fairly stable.
I'm sure I could run an AC to fix this, but not ready to hook it up just yet because I have 7 plants in there & no place to put them while I do the work.
The Tent Plants I can stick in a closet to re-do the tent. As plants in the tent finish I'll move plants from the shed to the tent till the shed is empty & then I'll hook up the AC. I need to overhaul that grow area too with some automation.

Another update. Here are 2 pics each of the Peyote Wi Fi in the 5 x 5. Feeding 6 gr. MC, 2 gr. SC & 3 ml. of Cal Mag per gal. About 1.5 gal. every 2 days. These Wi Fi have been tough too grow. Branches are not stiff & sturdy like on most strains. All other strains I'm growing are nice & rigid. Still have 2 seeds from this pack but I wont be growing them again.
10-184.JPG
10-185.JPG
10-186.JPG
10-187.JPG
10-188.JPG
10-189.JPG

This is the 1 Glue Cookies that's in the 5 x 5. She's just starting to flower now.

10-190.JPG
10-191.JPG
10-192.JPG
10-193.JPG

This here is the White Widow which has also been flowering since Jan. 20th. The White Widow & Gorilla Girl were 2 of the 4 strains I started the journal with. All others were clones from the originals or started from seed. I'm pretty sure the Gor. Girl will come down this weekend. White Widow may have another week.

10-201.JPG
10-202.JPG
10-203.JPG
10-204.JPG
10-205.JPG
10-206.JPG
10-207.JPG

Here's a few group shots of all 6 in the 5 x 5 tent.

10-208.JPG
10-209.JPG
10-210.JPG

Here are the 7 plants in the Flower Room under HPS lighting. I don't really care for HPS but I needed Heat as my Flower Room is in my outdoor shed. I have 3 Mars Hydro Lights I run in there during the summer. They will go back up as soon as this grow is over.
Not much special going on here as the 5 Cherry on Top plants have only been flowering about a month & the 2 Glue Cookies about 2 weeks. Really looking forward to the Chery on Top. It's been the most potent Indica strain I've purchased as a dispensary. When the Bud Tender opened the jar to weigh it out it stunk up the whole room in seconds. I was sold on it instantly. I was lucky to get 6 seeds out of a bud that must have Hermied. 1 of the 6 did Hermie on me & got chopped. The other 5 have been fine so far. I just hope it comes out the way the dispensary weed was. This was the $55 an 1/8th stuff.

10-211.JPG
10-212.JPG
10-213.JPG
10-214.JPG

And here's what's up in the 3 x 3. I had some clones going in here. 2 Cherry on Top Rooted so I potted them in 1 gal.
Only 1 of the 2 Glue Cookies rooted so it got potted too. The other clone I tossed. 2 weeks & not even a nub on the stem so wasn't wasting more time on it.
So when I first bought this place a year or so ago, I found these 2 seeds in this jar in my shed. The previous owner tried to grow in the shed but obviously didn't do well from what I could see. No insulation in a shed with 112 F temps outside will not work well. I insulated & sealed every inch of this shed before building a grow area in it. Works great now.
Anyway, I planted these 2 seeds yesterday. I have no clue of the strain so they are "Mystery Seeds". Hope it's something good. I just wanted to have 4 - 5 plants for the last round of this grow to end this journal with.
The Red & Purple pots are flowers for my outdoor planters. Figured I'd try starting them in a tent to see how they like it.

11-1.JPG
11-2.JPG
11-3.JPG
11-4.JPG
11-5.JPG
11-6.JPG
11-7.JPG

Looks like I'll have a busy weekend & then some. My new Oscillating Fans are arriving today & the New 10 Bar 800 watt light says Friday Delivery. All other stuff has arrived. Pretty excited to be re-doing / upgrading my tent & automating things more. Once I finish the upgrades I'll start harvesting the Gorilla Girl (if she's done enough).
I also plan to add a drip system to this set up within the next 30 days. (Thanks @farside05 ) Much appreciated !
Derby's thread sure helped too.

Hey All, looks like I'll be re-doing the tent today. I checked Trichs on the 2 plants yesterday & both are only 5 - 10% Amber so they won't get chopped just yet. So at 8 a.m. when lights go out all the plants will go in a dark closet (or 2) so I can work on the tent. Everything has arrived except the light. UPS Tracking says it will be here today. So, looking forward to that.
I'll post some pics after I get going on things. ;)

Got the tent done with the exception of the New Light. Says out for delivery on UPS website; but I'm not real sure it will arrive today. UPS truck stopped out front earlier so I went out there. Driver said it shows he has a delivery for me; but it's not on his truck. Then he says that if the stuff doesn't all fit on his truck they load another truck to do the over-flow. So who knows. Might be today; might be Monday. It would suck to have to put the other lights back up for just a couple days. But gotta do, what I gotta do !
I'll get some pics up by morning. Hopefully, the light comes.

Back
Top Bottom