Coming along nicely

thanks all, if i could id invite you all over for a smoke fest.

hey CLAYTON, its actually the stems that are bent and it is just to control growth and even out exposure of lighting to the buds

HUZZAH!! finally the big mama was ready to come down... a few branches are snapping each night and about 60% red pistils.

here she is
SDC10334.JPG

i cant believe i didnt come down one night to see the whole plant resting on the ground
SDC10336.JPG

after cutting this girl into a few branches and hanging her... i think i am going to get about 7oz. this thing is huge, im in for a long trim tomorrow.

Man they look good. Congrats on a great grow man. I so wish I had a piece of that ish! I feel left out!!! Its all good tho. Congrats again. Hey, without sounding too unreasonable, would you post some pics of how you trim it up? I've never seen it done and want to know how for when I try.

Absolutely beautiful harvest and buds. Now I'm reeeeeally biting at the bit for mine to finish.

Patients my ass:cheesygrinsmiley:

I wouldn't mind a pictorial on your trim methods myself if possible. Thanks.

thanks all, i cant believe it myself... even after my first harvest 5 months back i still had to buy pot to get good and stoned. it has taken a while but i finally managed to grow some good stuff.

ive been trimming for a while and needed a break, got some scissor hash in the bowl and here we go... mmm so sweet.

one thing i am really liking are the dense tops, easy to trim and no mess made of 50 tiny budlets below

here is a pic of what i have done so far...
SDC10342.JPG

damn this stuff gets me messed up :D

Looking good Flurple...are you going to jar cure them? after they are dry?I did with Pit's help cured all of the 3.4 lbs in gallon jars it sweeten them and made them leathery instead of crisp and dry......:cheer:

:Rasta::Rasta:

Good lord man. Notice the manicured group on the right. Did you throw all the trimmed leaves into your hash bucket, or just the leaf protrustions sticking out of the buds? Knew you were up to something when I saw this pic when I was posting some.

I'm tired just thinking about the logistics in curing all those buds.

Damn fine job.

You were right, I'm already seeing the stems fill in. Thanks.

Very nice job. Those buds look amazing, fat and sticky, Great job and plants wonderful you have a great harvest going. Great job...

thanks for all the kind words, you all have amazing grows of your own. too bad there are such great distances between us or id hang with all u cool dudes... and dudettes. maybe ill bump into you all some day... is there a retirement home for stoners yet? cuz maybe ill see you guys there!!!

few pics comin in a sec

hey OGD, i throw em in ziplock freezer bags and cure em in there for a good month, i have been talking a bunch with IRISH and she said bags are great, no dew point and easy to manage.

here is my cat, she meows til i follow her back upstairs. she cracks me up. whenever she is down here i need to watch her or she tries to drink the nutrient loaded water, with all those organic additives i use it does smell good, the tea i have smells like lipton mixed in rich dirt. big bud smells like decomposing plant matter. it smelled grose for the first few weeks but now i love it. that rich stink of nature makes me smile and makes the plants go crazy.
SDC103471.JPG

i need to water tonight so im done with trimming i think, my arm is sore enough and my bro and dad can chip in for an hour. here is what i have done... im finishing one more small (haha small) branch and then done.
SDC103501.JPG

YAY, i just had to post a THANKS to everyone. i noticed my journal actually picked up that 5th star. even if it doesnt last you all rock!!!

another quick heads up... i checked the trichomes and it looks like about 5-10% amber the other 90% were milky, i think i saw a clear one here and ther. this stuff stinks so good and tastes great, the buzz isnt too bad either :D

i was just looking over all your posts and i missed your question OLDSKOOOL, i am actually taking the leaves and curing them as well...

i read a great thread on how curing increases potency and smell so i thought why not cure the leafs before i make iso hash??? few days later i was talking with IRISH and she mentioned a friend that does the same thing... makes for some extra tasty leaf hash.

i was just looking over all your posts and i missed your question OLDSKOOOL, i am actually taking the leaves and curing them as well...

i read a great thread on how curing increases potency and smell so i thought why not cure the leafs before i make iso hash??? few days later i was talking with IRISH and she mentioned a friend that does the same thing... makes for some extra tasty leaf hash.

Thanks for the word. I'm going to have to do more reading on the subject! Haven't made hash before, should be fun giving it a try. I'm still looking for 99% alcohol, all I can find so far is 91%.

the 91% will work fine but you will have a little water left over and it takes longer to evaporate. you may just need to keep the fan blowing over it for an extra day. i get the 99% stuff online but you really dont need 99% its just easy to evaporate

Back
Top Bottom