Coming along nicely

it definitely seems like a sativa characteristic. the new growth on my indica plants is like popcorn flowers... they pop out everywhere giving the cola a bumpy surface but no extreme growth on one tip.

ill get some pics up tonight, hopefully a few more are ready to come down. ill be sure to post a few pics of the foxtails and of the wheelchair

they looked just about ready but i decided one more day is necessary. here are a few pics.

the indica doesnt foxtail but i noticed the bud stretches til i can see some stem under the flower top and then it fills in
SDC10319.JPG

this bud has multiple foxtails goin on at the top
SDC10324.JPG

SDC10326.JPG

heres the longest one i could find
SDC10327.JPG

that first pic is the one kushage that is taking the longest, and it does seem like another week til she will be ready. i keep using that plant cuz it has the biggest cola and is usually in a easy spot to get photos... the other plants in the room are getting near 50% red pistils and are on day 61. the wheelchair are all on day 54

lol, funny you mention that DOC (+rep, good eye), cuz i was doing so good til about a week ago... thats actually a cat hair in the one pic. my cat is kinda goofy she follows me around the house and meows when i close the door to the grow room. so i often have cat hair on me from picking her up and setting her outside. no webs yet but i have started to pick off leafs with lots of bugs on them.

im afraid when my dad put his clones in the aero system they didnt get kneemed first. i noticed a few days later a pretty heavy infestation on all of em. all the potted plants in veg are free of mites cuz i kneem em every 2 weeks.

sadly, the budding plants are put right under the aero system and even make contact with the pipes as well. it is tragic that the mites spread to the wheelchair. that kneem is great at keeping numbers down but as soon as they get a foothold its all over... luckily the kushage is pretty much done and not much green leaf for em to chew on as you can see in the pics. i have 2 pots with wheelchair plants in them and only 1 has bugs so far. i might end up turning that whole plant into iso hash if it gets too nasty... just another lesson we have to learn on the way to being better growers. til its ready to harvest ill just keep pinching leafs off and give her a few leaf massages to squish some bugs.

i actually posted a thread a while back asking how long it was ok to use kneem oil into bud because i was worried about the kneem wearing off in the last few weeks or making the buds taste bad.

Buds are looking great, awesome job and hope those bugs get take care of or at least controlled. Great job....

things seem to be under control and most of the plants will make it to harvest with no prob... everything in the aero is kneemed and all clones have been kneemed as well. ive been pulling out all the potted plants to kneem them and then im going to kneem the floor and lower walls where the plants touch along with the pipes (first bite marks always show up there). then whenever my dad feels the aero system is stable we are going to switch to 12/12. ill kneem everything one more time and then we ride til harvest.

every night i go down there thinking they will be ready to harvest and each night they give me the puppy dog eyes... well you know what i mean. oh well, in the next few days they will have to be ready... i think...

lol, funny you mention that DOC (+rep, good eye), cuz i was doing so good til about a week ago... thats actually a cat hair in the one pic. my cat is kinda goofy she follows me around the house and meows when i close the door to the grow room. so i often have cat hair on me from picking her up and setting her outside. no webs yet but i have started to pick off leafs with lots of bugs on them.

im afraid when my dad put his clones in the aero system they didnt get kneemed first. i noticed a few days later a pretty heavy infestation on all of em. all the potted plants in veg are free of mites cuz i kneem em every 2 weeks.

sadly, the budding plants are put right under the aero system and even make contact with the pipes as well. it is tragic that the mites spread to the wheelchair. that kneem is great at keeping numbers down but as soon as they get a foothold its all over... luckily the kushage is pretty much done and not much green leaf for em to chew on as you can see in the pics. i have 2 pots with wheelchair plants in them and only 1 has bugs so far. i might end up turning that whole plant into iso hash if it gets too nasty... just another lesson we have to learn on the way to being better growers. til its ready to harvest ill just keep pinching leafs off and give her a few leaf massages to squish some bugs.

i actually posted a thread a while back asking how long it was ok to use kneem oil into bud because i was worried about the kneem wearing off in the last few weeks or making the buds taste bad.

Try some Doctor Doom Spider Mite Knockout.

You can use it up to the day of harvest, and it works really well.

i had not considered that DOC.

interrupting the breeding cycle will definitely give me another week without them spreading... but first i am going to call my grow shop tomorrow, they get ladybugs in every few weeks.

i tried a few foggers my first grow and it seemed to have no effect... i had such a bad infestation that eggs were hatching daily and it only works on adults right??? with the small number of bugs i have the fogger is a good call but will be my last resort.

i had not considered that DOC.

interrupting the breeding cycle will definitely give me another week without them spreading... but first i am going to call my grow shop tomorrow, they get ladybugs in every few weeks.

i tried a few foggers my first grow and it seemed to have no effect... i had such a bad infestation that eggs were hatching daily and it only works on adults right??? with the small number of bugs i have the fogger is a good call but will be my last resort.
IMG_01104.JPG

Spray it every 4 or 5 days and you'll kill the newly hatched ones too. It's a spray, that will spray upside down so you can get the underside of the leaves.

I can testify that it works.

thanks for the info and the pic buddy.

the buds have been curing nicely, i trimmed them down into good size nugs and ended up with 79 grams of bud, just shy of 3oz. by the time they are completely done curing i think i will have about 70g, im pretty happy with that... especially for the small pot and plant size.

Congrat's on the harvest! Thanks for the foxtail shots, the growth emerging from the body of the bud looks similar, but it's my tops that look strange. As long as their covered in trichs, I'm not going to worry about it if they look like aliens.

Bummer about the spider mites, feel lucky I haven't had any bug issues. Good luck in wiping them out.

no prob oldskoool, i posted on your journal about your buds, ill say it again though... they look just like mine and they will fill out.

again i am confident a few will be ready for harvest tonight, but i dont think they will... argh, lol they are just about there. it cant be more than 2 more days in the light... except for the one that needs another 5 days... lol argh!!! im getting really impatient and want to post some more pics. i might miss the plant of the month contest!!!

Thanks, I appreciate all the help you given me on these growths. I can see stems on several buds, have to wait and watch for them to begin filling in this week. I gave her a 6 gal nute/molasses fix a few minutes ago. Time to sit back and watch the grass grow:cheesygrinsmiley:

even though the bud was only just recently ready to put into a bag to cure, the smoke is already nice and smooth with perfumy sweet smell and taste. i cant wait to try this stuff after curing for a month.

argh... one was at 50/50 but the leafs are still nice and green and the branches are bent a little further each night so its still goin. about 4 branches have snapped and fallen onto the bud below them. she will come down tomorrow night...

i just had to post this, i took my buds out to rotate em and damn are they sticky...

check the hang time on this mass of buds lol...
SDC10329.JPG

wrap a paper around that and it would be a 2oz blunt

frostedly delicious
SDC10330.JPG

SDC10331.JPG

lol im going to use that orange background more often i like the contrast...

Back
Top Bottom