Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

Drive by. Are you going to top out your plants? Inside I mean. The sprouts look to be enjoying life. The Red D I got grew into a nice bush with alittle work. I use topping to slow down the faster ones,, giving the shorter a little time to catch up? If that makes any sense.

The Pink Sherbert I grew got tall in the stretch so watch out.. But then it always seems seeds from the same batch give a few different pheno..... Well off to bed here.. Hope life's going good over your ways,,, GL

Yeah I can deal with LED heat. I just don't want it to be at par with HPS. From my experience I have to stop around mid July when temps at home hit low 90s and I can't handle the tent without AC.

I've been running QB for a year plus and they are a huge step up from the 300 watt blurple lights I was running. You can mount the drivers outside your tent as well if you need to keep heat downb even more.

The cobs are still focused points of light instead of the dispersal that QBs give, which is why I went with them. But both are excellent from what I've seen from others.

Don't buy blurples if you're making an investment these days. COBs and QBs are SO much better.

Actually, today, I'd advise Samsung branded strips.

SI-B8T261560WW by Samsung | LED Modules | Avnet EMEA

https://static6.arrow.com/aropdfcon...dc55ced38/f-series_gen3_rev0.0_2017-01-05.pdf

SI-B8T261560WW | Octopart

If you're interested, I can walk you through the details, as well as others. I know of a dozen or more of us who are using them now. They use Samsung LM651C chips, which are some of the most efficient light emitters at the moment.

:Namaste:

Yeah I've been looking at them, but I'm not very handy :laugh:

Ok guys, here's a technical qustion here to LED users! I've been looking at different dual spectrum lights and although I'd like to get Advanced Platinum or Black Dog, I cannot afford any of these atm. We all know that the main difference between the high and low end LEDs are chips and everybody seems to point to Cree as the best ones out there! PAR tests in fact confirm, that their chips are most efficient per lm/W, but I've just found this test, which clearly shows how this efficiency is capped at 3000K and drops off at higher temps.

They've measured them against Bridgelux chips, which everybody seems to agree are 10-15% less efficient, but they're also up to 70% cheaper!

Well, the thing is that there are a few lights on the market with their chips, they have great reviews and they're also very affordable, so I'm thinking about buying a COB. What do you think?

I just came accross some 60 watt equivalent 10 watt 3000k LED bulbs at Walmart for about $2.25. They take apart into an easy to mount metal plate with two wires. You could build very nice array for very cheap, no need for light sockets. 100 watt draw array would cost about $25 or a 200 watt array for $50. I think your Growant G400 is about a 135 watt draw.

Sure the are more efficient lights lm/W but this is a good brute force solution in terms of grams produced per dollar.

I think I'm gonna go with a small 150 W cob panel in the end. It should work for me :thumb:

Also there's no Walmart in Italy :)

Chem :)

that was my choice to im thinking I take the clone that's in the 3 gal and just go ahead and pollinate the whole plant get a lot of seeds and it will be easier than trying to do branches on several just sacrifice the one for the many and I have to tell ya its not easy but I do have a clone of it indoors so I should end up with a nice supply of chem mmm!:D

Conradino...Agree totally with Pennywise and Graytail. I only started growing in 2015 and went with the Mars Hydro burples. Last year I added the Timber cobs and recently switch out the MH for my vegging girls. Although the MH are very good for vegging as the grow spectrum keeps the plants in check. They easily grow short and stocky with strong stems.

The Timber cobs (Cree CXB3590 in 3500k warmth) produced plants with similar health with slightly greater inter-node length. I'm not into measuring draw, light or spectrum. I just know the cobs are superior. If I were to do it all over again I think I'd go directly to the Quantum boards. I won't be giving up my MH LEDS right now because they are good LEDS but these cobs are adjustable as would be the QBs and create much less heat.

Yeah COB it is :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom