Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

I looked at 91 Star but went with 91 Chem #12

I had a handful of Chem seeds including the original pack I got from HSO back in 2015 that I only popped 1 and it was a purple monster. I cloned the shit outta that one. Gonna be hard to compare.

I've got more time with all the IHG gear going right now so I'm thinking about taking a few more shots at some more Chem seeds. I will have room come the end of the year so planting now = planing ahead, or something like that.

BL pointed me to some Gas Leak I think I have a few beans... try that one for sure and try another HSO Chem (older version) I dont think its Chem 91. They changed the description since I've gotten my beans. My original thought was that they reversed a Chemdawg clone and made seeds. I could be off my rocker tho..

Wasn't Chemdawg originally clone only? Not sure what they were thinking with that approach. Could make more coin going seeds like everybody else did, oye. Thinking out loud.

So yeah been 4 days in flower for the IHG girls. I can see them making time here, and that short flower season in play. These girls are going up fast. Looking like almost 2x height in 4 days. That's impressive. I put these girls in flower week 4ish of VEG so they are all pretty short to start with.

If it was like the last run, they grow up tall like head high+ then pop open flowers with nice inter nodal spacing and hang out and get fat. Easy to grow too.

Hoping for some of that.

Here's a few pics of the new girls:

Slurricane #1- #4
Mystery Girl #1 & #2
DT #10

That mystery girl has some long pistils!
I got my Chem from Nspecta at CSI Humboldt, his is the Skunk VA cut. He reversed sex with STS to create S1's. Basically making fem seeds.

Good to see the garden in full operational mode again. Not kidding when you said you like IHG. 91 Star will grow real big & give crazy yield but didn't measure to other Chems for me. Not a dis....just preference. :Namaste:
Can the actual person who is now growing /breeding not be able depending on environment be able to maybe tweak things as opposed to the actual breeder who bred the plant originally what if someone’s lights are better ? Can’t that play a role with determining a plants potential. Just thinking out loud.

Can the actual person who is now growing /breeding not be able depending on environment be able to maybe tweak things as opposed to the actual breeder who bred the plant originally what if someone’s lights are better ? Can’t that play a role with determining a plants potential. Just thinking out loud.

The breeder is in charge of the genetics. The grower is in charge of ensuring those genetics reach their potential. So, no, the grower isn't going to "tweak" the genetics UNLESS he becomes a breeder and starts doing some crossing.

The breeder is in charge of the genetics. The grower is in charge of ensuring those genetics reach their potential. So, no, the grower isn't going to "tweak" the genetics UNLESS he becomes a breeder and starts doing some crossing.
Thanks for clarifying :Namaste:

You always make that Devils Tit look good.. And Halloween is over....
BTW who else on here grows/grew it alot? @Tead ?

This old age mind,, hell might be you I'm thinking of.. I'm looking forward to seeing that other one.. I've heard alot of hype bout Surricane... and I seen alot of pics grown that sure make her look justified... But you know my cheap ass couldn't pop on them.... She looks really manageable. Compared to that DT she's going to need a step stool.........

My little 2 cents... I have heard of growers tweaking ratios of male to female with temp etc. Does it work,,, I guess that's an easy one to try if ya got acouple extra bedrooms... Can a people bring on a phenotype? To me that sounds more interesting,, like colder weather or a desert temp.. It is a fact, some plants prefer cold over hot and backwards, and won't reach 100% without it... But that falls right back on knowing how to properly grow the strain in the first place.... So I lean you can't. All you can do is grow it as close as you can to recommendations?

Just driving thru

So the better the genetics the bigger the freakin leaves? :rolleyes: My gosh those things are gigantic. Penny has some plants with huge fan leaves too.

Well not sure but its a sign they are heavily Indica leaners for sure. Hoping they are going to stretch up to the lamps. They are on their way.

Slurricane #1 I left in a 3.5gal pot and I think she's done stretch. She's not that tall so the pot size as it relates to plant size is a thing for sure. All of #1's sisters are as tall as her or very close and they are still stretching and up-potted to 7.5 gal pots and about 21 days younger in flower but all same age from seedlings.

Slurricane #1 - nice node spacing.

Slurry - family pic

This ^^^ genetics are 99.95% of everything that .05% is environment and has very little if any influence on genetics. That was the understanding for a very long time. I was recently doing to reading on current genetics and cloning now that we can study the plants on the DNA level. There's more to come on this subject I'm thinking.

When you ask that question and I have 2 plants from Clone from the same mother and they look completely different.

Something happened with genetics .. could be those traits were there and somehow a switch took place and made a gene that was recessive become dominant. So maybe it's easier to change traits that we thought??

DT - Mutant - clone twin sister of DT #10

Finally stacking - lemon smell same exact as DT #10

DT #10 - stacking but about 38 days younger and she's gold

Mystery Girl from SEED is looking VERY close to DT smell is slightly more fruity. I have more pollen from PMB. Thinking REAL hard about dusting a few colas. The F2 will be different. F1's show the dominant traits. The F2s will be different .... studying genetics but it gets a little fuzzy still.

I think this is Mystery Girl from seed - I mis-labeled the pic... I cant tell the difference now.

All good finally getting some decent flowers going. Time to get out a decent camera, not that I'm going to do much with it but I think we have some worthy subjects now.

You always make that Devils Tit look good.. And Halloween is over....
BTW who else on here grows/grew it alot? @Tead ?

This old age mind,, hell might be you I'm thinking of.. I'm looking forward to seeing that other one.. I've heard alot of hype bout Surricane... and I seen alot of pics grown that sure make her look justified... But you know my cheap ass couldn't pop on them.... She looks really manageable. Compared to that DT she's going to need a step stool.........

My little 2 cents... I have heard of growers tweaking ratios of male to female with temp etc. Does it work,,, I guess that's an easy one to try if ya got acouple extra bedrooms... Can a people bring on a phenotype? To me that sounds more interesting,, like colder weather or a desert temp.. It is a fact, some plants prefer cold over hot and backwards, and won't reach 100% without it... But that falls right back on knowing how to properly grow the strain in the first place.... So I lean you can't. All you can do is grow it as close as you can to recommendations?

Just driving thru
How can one find out if a strain likes cold or hot ? such as widow bomb by bomb seeds for example ? Where is that info on the sites?

Come on looks like Devils Tit found her other half? BTW WTF good is a devil with one tit? Man, that's some huge powerplants on that Surricane..... More square inches of green,,, to me,, means more sugars produced in a plant, which means ? I don't know where I was going with it,,, but as long as one don't take away the power plants, till it hurts ones plant. Good greenery is like a good root structure... Maybe even more important?

Girls look great GL and Keepem Green

I'll be curious to see how much taller the Slurricane plants in the 7.5 gallon pots grow then the #1 in the 3 gallon pot.

They are all growing taller by the day. When I thought #1 was done stretch, I went in there today and she's still stretching.

#1 is starting to get some good inter-nodal spacing. This is pretty normal for all the IHG gear I've ran. They just stretch out to all nugs. Very few colas. It's interesting to see. #1 is doing that right now and about 5' tall this am.. She pumped up over night.

Time to get the wire and bamboo out. New world problems I like to have.

I just harvested a shit ton of new bamboo stakes from our garden. Perfect timing.

I did my weekly IPM along with Kelp tea, HorseTail tea and coconut water. Forgot Pro-tekt and Ful-power tonight. Not on purpose.

Woody you got a good eye. These Slurricane have some VERY large leaves. They are pumping right now too, the plants are growing fast. I'll put a reference in the next pics those fans are almost 2x my hand size. Looking like to Indica leaners I'm thinking.

The Mystery Girl is Devils Tit..but I crossed it with PMB but this wood be an F1 so gonna have all the dominant traits this time. She looks like DT but smells like berries which the PMB smelled like. DT is lemon in spades.

I think I was trying to quicken the flower time with the PMB male. I have some more of the same PMB pollen, I'm going to do another pollination on the Mystery Girl. Tomorrow gonna be a good time.

BIg Boy camera pics not that they look any different than my cell phone pics!

DT Clone Mutant - looking for nanners, she's +90 days. This is the time with these long running Sativas, they will start throwing nanners at the least bit of stress. I don't really worry much because there's very little if any viable pollen. I do have a fan running almost right on her tho. I'll turn it slightly away from her. Don't want her to get chilly at lights out.

DT #10 - some close ups of flowers. I haven't introduced any cold air with these ladies. They don't really like cold nights. Gotta keep em comfy.

Mystery Girl - close up, she's about 10 days behind DT #10 but getting a little sparkle going. Was hoping for this one to grow a little faster. Maybe some PMB pollen. Getting my brush out today!

Back
Top Bottom