Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Can’t wait to see all that platinum frost headed your way bob! I’ve been eyeballing their white winter, lime drops, and jelly cocktail remix. Can’t decide. Lol

It's there.
I know it is....but it seems its just not in our normal areas of travel and the other areas we go don't seem to hold it either. We will start looking seriously when we get into the new house. Gonna do lots of exploring out there so we should find something.

I know it is....but it seems its just not in our normal areas of travel and the other areas we go don't seem to hold it either. We will start looking seriously when we get into the new house. Gonna do lots of exploring out there so we should find something.
That will be fun. What I think is it I mowed so it's gone for the year.

Ok, basically caught up. I've never been across your journal Bob, I dig it. Your one of the few people I saw using some Kashi. I essentially skipped 2018 posts so are you still using Kashi?

I was using DBHB soil for a few years and just switched to a different LOS with Kashi, EM1, and Bu's Blend. Results are mighty fine with no work. I've not done tea or foliar sprays, just watering.

Ok, basically caught up. I've never been across your journal Bob, I dig it. Your one of the few people I saw using some Kashi. I essentially skipped 2018 posts so are you still using Kashi?

I was using DBHB soil for a few years and just switched to a different LOS with Kashi, EM1, and Bu's Blend. Results are mighty fine with no work. I've not done tea or foliar sprays, just watering.
Ain't it great! I don't Kashi in my soil....mine is just a plain LOS and all I do is water with rain water. Been a huge difference for me since I switched to rain water. Can't get any easier than that. I do foliars more as a IPM but I don't do them more than about once every 2 weeks.

Hey brown

Hope your doing good my friend

Had a question or two about the horse tail fern tea? I assume I just add boiling water to fill mason jar with the 3-4 tsp of horse tail tea ?

Let cool to touch and then cheesecloth to strain it ? Then 1/2 cup per gal of water nether foliar correct when do you brown use this once a week starting at week two veg okay ?

Also safe to use with autos as well buddy ? And if so when sage to start foliar on autos ?

Can this be applied in flower and on the buds themselves with harm?

I think that’s it I am attempting tonight to make foilar sorts as my bomb seeds leafs feel very dry for some reason ?

Pics tonight in my journal bro.

Liek how I can see all those nice new babie nodes starting up the main on that slurricane . Light indoor defoil needed more then outdoor I got it .

Thanks brown much love brotha

You git it ... i use about 2-3 TBS - table spoons tho... yes hot boiling water just let it steep to room temp then into fridge.

1/4 to a 1/2 cup to a 1/2 to 1 gal water spray on till gone. Can do it up to harvest but it's best in VEG - its a silica blast among other things.

For sure on flowers. I just did my whole grow, Seedlings, VEG and FLOWERS. The damn plants keep praying to the lamps, it's like I don't have em turned up high enough. I notice the VEG plants really get going, overnight too. I'm getting behind now.

Measurements not critical, this is organic stuff! pinch of this a handful of that... thats the basic deal. I don't do well with measurements! A full bin of comfrey leaves is about what I really care about measuring and then if its more, stuff it in and make it fit.

Yeah so I'm working on my lighting upgrade. I got a little hic-up. One of my power strips doesn't like the new lamp for some reason. It keeps tripping off. Usually when that happens one of my fans is ready to take a dump. I'm going to have to put all my fans on a separate circuit. Thats a pain it the ass, I have to re do all the cabling. Probably best.. do it right the first time.

Got the lamps all hung and several plants waiting to go into flower so time is critical now. Full moon, its a good time to make changes and Start new stuff.

Yeah had everything set even a 2nd timer to delay the new light a few minutes at lights on. Then the power strip trips off. Thats usually a short or something giving high resistance. I did swap in a suspect lamp tho. I just replaced a trim pot to dim the lighting and wasn't sure that was the problem. Gotta do some testing and get fans on own circuit.

Pics coming....

What kind of horsetail is a person looking for Bob? And how do you grow it, in the wild?
You git it ... i use about 2-3 TBS - table spoons tho... yes hot boiling water just let it steep to room temp then into fridge.

1/4 to a 1/2 cup to a 1/2 to 1 gal water spray on till gone. Can do it up to harvest but it's best in VEG - its a silica blast among other things.

For sure on flowers. I just did my whole grow, Seedlings, VEG and FLOWERS. The damn plants keep praying to the lamps, it's like I don't have em turned up high enough. I notice the VEG plants really get going, overnight too. I'm getting behind now.

Measurements not critical, this is organic stuff! pinch of this a handful of that... thats the basic deal. I don't do well with measurements! A full bin of comfrey leaves is about what I really care about measuring and then if its more, stuff it in and make it fit.

Yeah so I'm working on my lighting upgrade. I got a little hic-up. One of my power strips doesn't like the new lamp for some reason. It keeps tripping off. Usually when that happens one of my fans is ready to take a dump. I'm going to have to put all my fans on a separate circuit. Thats a pain it the ass, I have to re do all the cabling. Probably best.. do it right the first time.

Got the lamps all hung and several plants waiting to go into flower so time is critical now. Full moon, its a good time to make changes and Start new stuff.

Yeah had everything set even a 2nd timer to delay the new light a few minutes at lights on. Then the power strip trips off. Thats usually a short or something giving high resistance. I did swap in a suspect lamp tho. I just replaced a trim pot to dim the lighting and wasn't sure that was the problem. Gotta do some testing and get fans on own circuit.

Pics coming....

LOL....why can't I find it here! I know I have seen it elsewhere....but never around where we live.

It will grow just about anywhere - its considered invasive however its a big one with the wildcrafting peeps. Horstail likes soggy soil. So if there's fields with a wet area at the edge of the field they will be there. This time of year they are going dormant. We want the leaves (they dont look like leaves tho). I pick in spring.
Can buy a several year supply from Amazon for cheap. This is the real deal to kep from getting PM/mold on flowers. Spray plants all thru VEG with or without IPM and on into flower. I just spray all my plants all the time cept the past 2 weeks or so of flower I just leave them alone.
51e+i2TumGL.jpg

Frontier Co-op Organic Cut & Sifted Horsetail Herb 1lb

I use Kashi when I mix a fresh batch of soil. I also add some to my compost bins which makes it into the soil either as a top dress or part of the soil. I keep a tote of soil handy and I sometimes add a few cups of Kashi to the bin (36 gal bin). Just cover let it do its thing them mix in. I use EM1 too for me and my plants but not a lot for the plants. A few times I'll add it to my water and/or foiler on.

BU Blend compost is the best you can get. Hard to find on the east coast so I'll use Coast of Main Lobsta Compost.. always have a bag of that handy. Great 1/2 and 1/2 with EWC and some per-lite for seedlings in a pinch.

Pics .... just really getting late start here. I like to have my fall crop come in around begining of December (gotta be ready for the holiday rush). I don't think thats going to happen this year. Never know tho... Indicas can grow fast specially with groound up malted barley.

Pics

DT #10 - she's stacking up now. Turning gold too. Everytime I see the yellowing at this stage I sorta panic. Then I remember she's got a ways to go and this is completely normal. All the first set of large fans are beginning to fall off. There a 2nd and 3rd sets under the older larger fans growing up now... can see them in this pic.

DT #10
Those big low down fans that were there at the beginning are falling off

Mystery Girl - going with DT x PMB(m). I picked up a seed that fell off the hanging plant that was on my seedling table. Thought it was Dark Devil. :oops:

I think this is Mystery Girl mis-labled

Slurricane #1 - still stretching and no flowers yet.

Jellium Triploid - lools like she's gonna grow out of her mutation.

2 leaf sets here - only 3 aposing leaves on the main stem

Pics .... just really getting late start here. I like to have my fall crop come in around begining of December (gotta be ready for the holiday rush). I don't think thats going to happen this year. Never know tho... Indicas can grow fast specially with groound up malted barley.

Pics

DT #10 - she's stacking up now. Turning gold too. Everytime I see the yellowing at this stage I sorta panic. Then I remember she's got a ways to go and this is completely normal. All the first set of large fans are beginning to fall off. There a 2nd and 3rd sets under the older larger fans growing up now... can see them in this pic.

DT #10
Those big low down fans that were there at the beginning are falling off

Mystery Girl - going with DT x PMB(m). I picked up a seed that fell off the hanging plant that was on my seedling table. Thought it was Dark Devil. :oops:

I think this is Mystery Girl mis-labled

Slurricane #1 - still stretching and no flowers yet.

Jellium Triploid - lools like she's gonna grow out of her mutation.

2 leaf sets here - only 3 aposing leaves on the main stem

looking good mr brown love the gold its going to be interesting watching that jellium triploid it could be some kind of freak monster or something!:passitleft:

...lookin' Good Bob!...:thumb::high-five:...I get some small horse tails growing behind my sheds, but just down the road is a very nice batch of larger ones...if one see's bull rushes growing anywhere, quite likely you will find HT's there as well...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Im in the part of the midwest where its bone dry, no streams or anything! So amazon it is for me..thanks Bob!

I second Bu's blend...that stuff is killer! Not as good as homeade I doubt, but not everyone has the time or space for that!

Yeah its good. I mix some in with my own compost and its working right now!

I think I see a little greeen... :laugh::rofl: This was a clone I forgot about for 6 weeks in the cloner.

Jellium Triploid today.

Just put 2 more Slurricane into flower. Turned on another bank of lamps. 2-3 more plants I'll be full tilt. Gotta figure out what I'm going to do with the DT Mutant.

I usually just cull that shit before its goes any further. Not sure how much more time I'm willing to put into her. I've got worthy girls in VEG now.

Jellium Triploid

Mystery Girl #3 - clone her twin (#2) is already a monther in VEG @ 4 weeks. I took cuts on 9_12_2018, then into cloner. This is the small of the 2 now. Her sister is 20" and the biggest girl in VEG and she is only 29 days in soil. #3 is only 14 days in soil.

Back
Top Bottom