Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

have you tested your raw water it could be some ridiculous high ph and that's as far as it will pull it down just wondering!

OH yeah its 8.9pH out of the well. Weird thing is the pH is fluctuating recently with more rain I dunno. Yesterday my RO water tested at 7.5pH which is better but my well tap water and well water are still very high 8.6 to 8.9pH.

Its all good now once I started adding a pinch of Vitamin C to the water the plants are GREAT looking now. I just never thought I'd have to adjust RO pH. Goes against everything I know and can find on the RO filter thing. It should be 6.5pH

Here's some current flower pics

20200413_200653.jpg

20200413_200701.jpg

You can see what lockout did with high pH watering over a few months time. It's all cleared up now. Black cherry pie doesn't like hi pH much.

Garlic Sherbert

20200413_200628.jpg

Jellium #5

20200413_200601.jpg

20200413_200551.jpg

20200413_200701.jpg20200413_200653.jpg20200413_200628.jpg20200413_200601.jpg20200413_200551.jpg

Not that pretty from the pH debacle but the rest the gaggle of plants are perfect.

They had a rough life in VEG and early flower. I was spraying every other day with spinosad and takedown for the Hemp Mite shits.

That was a lot of work. Hope I dont have to do that again anytime soon.

My next round is getting going so there are 4 plants to harvest. I already took down Future #4 (I think #4) then the next 3 are:

Garlic Sherbert
Jellium #5 (green pheno)
Black Cherry Pie Bx

Those 3 are all IHG gear.

I have some very nice group of VEG girls and REGs going. Spring run going to be bigger.

I need to fine tune my flower space. Re-orient everything and automate my watering better. Still carrying 5 gal buckets 10 meters, at least not up and down stairs like I did years ago.

Freshies in da house! Woot

Oh Keif... that reminds me when this bull crap is over with Corona I need to have a hash making party.

Nothing more boring that dry sifting trim for hours ... I think its got trimming on the run. lol

At this point, I see ANY more mites the plant goes to the burn pile.

I'm so paranoid about them right now and we dealing with a pandemic ... only thing positive is change I guess. Hoping praying for positive change.
Sorry Bob what do you think caused this pest prone beach man? Genetics if so what makes it so ?

Hope your safe and well from virus outbreak.. last winter the off fruit fly that I killed . Thus summer I am scared lol

@Kingjoe83 Hemp Russet Mites - 20 or more can fit on the back of a spider mite and the do even more damage.

How's everything holding out up there in the great white north. We getting some nice early spring snow tonight - beautiful and quiet out tonight.

Hemp Mites are becoming a big issue all around now. I got them as a gift from a friend on a clone.

I did all the quarantine and treated cuts just like they had spider mites - they did not. I didn't look at 800x only at 40x. After several weeks and a clean bill of health I started getting sickly looking lower leaves for no reason.

Turned up the scope to 800x and BAM... they were every where. I thought I could beat them like every other pest. Not these ... they are super small and look like a maggot with 3 apposing legs (6 total) - they crawl around eat plants and lay eggs. They so small almost impossible to get rid of them.

As soon as I started foliar treatments they dug into the bark of the plants and hid there till the battle was over. Only to re-emerge and start all over. I tried EVERYTHING.

I dunked my plants completely 3x in spinosad mix with water, then into another bucket with takedown and water and the 3rd bucket with micronized food grade DE.

Then spray every other day in VEG with Takedown and Spinosad alternating. Nothing worked so I took all my VEG plants to the burn pile. Then clean clean clean and clean some more.

Hoping its behind me. Haven't seen one of those hemp maggots in 14 days now.

Yeah the lesson is: don't take clones from anybody! If I really wanted one I'd scope every leaf first!

sounds like your good but I still would keep looking it seemed like they started low on the plant maybe on the inside up close to the main stalk look there for sure those things suck im going to grow a couple out in my backyard this summer and it will be the first time ive grown back there since the mite invasion where I lost all 4 plants I had going including the #5 ud which I wanted to keep anyway sorry for the babble my point im afraid to grow out there that's the fear they'll put in you :)

Ah Sticky I didnt realize that's what happened to UD#5. That was a nice plant. Sorry to hear bro.

I think I'm past them for now. I'm so paranoid I take veg plants and scope the plant if I see even 1 maggot she goes to the burn pile.

This next round is going to be mostly home made crosses. I dont feel like tossing $10 seeds on the burn heap any more. See how it goes.

Yeah you can get any insect that was on the host and on that branch. I've seen them all just by taking fresh cuttings and scoping them. How I found the Hemp Mites.

Taking cuts from another grower or even your own grow we need to stay diligent.

I took cuts of plants that had hemp mites only to find them growing on the cuts after I put them in flower ffs. I ended up burning all my cuts and all my VEG plants. I couldn't get rid of them. Was a re-start.

Glad I had plants in flower isolated.

I generally as a rule keep seedlings, cuts, VEG plants and flowers all in isolated rooms away from each other. In case I get something in 1 area it doesn't spread easily to the next unless I'm not paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom