Cpluscote's First Grow 400w Super Sour Kush - Sour Diesel - Lucy Clones Soil 2012

Day 17, and we're lookin good. There's some discoloration on one of the bigger leaves on one plant. The tallest plant, which is featured in a few of these pics, is kind of wilty around the top. I'm not sure if it's because it's too close to the light or what.... I'm kind of stumped as to why its leaves aren't looking so good near the top. Any ideas?

SAM_0408.JPG

SAM_0409.JPG
SAM_04132.JPG
SAM_04141.JPG
SAM_04151.JPG
SAM_04162.JPG

This one was the runt of the litter, but not anymore. It's looking better and better every day.
SAM_04172.JPG

Here's the tall gangly looking one. The main stem is getting bigger all of the time. I can't figure out if it is getting too much light or it doesn't like the nutes.... It's got droopy/wilting leaves near the top, but the middle section looks fine. It's about 18 inches from the light. Is that too close? What could it be?
SAM_04102.JPG
SAM_04181.JPG
SAM_04191.JPG
SAM_04201.JPG

Yeah, the droop was the beginning of wilt. You did right.

As far as the flying bugs, they could be a few things, but most likely they are fungus gnats like Icemud said. The larvae eat the fine parts of the roots that draw up nutes and water. When they have had their fill the transform into fliers. By then it is too late - the sticky trap only serves to tell you how bad it is. If they get too bad the plant can starve. Get some Gnatrol, or anything with Bt-i in it. Bt-i is Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis. It is a bacteria that attacks the larvae and kills it. Once I started using it weekly the gnats disappeared. I have only seen 3-4 in the 2.5 years since.

They look great. You are doing well.

:peace:

Day 19: I think these pics basically say it all..... The plants have never all looked 100% healthy like they do right now. I haven't seen any more gnats around for the past few days, so I hope that's taken care of. They're all in between 15-25 inches tall. I had a buddy who knows a thing or two about growing stop by to take a look at them and he told me to get them into 12/12 in a week or so. I'm going to hook up another light so I'll have two 400 watt HPS on for the 12/12. Good shit. Big thanks to everyone who reads/posts for your help and support!

SAM_0421.JPG
SAM_04221.JPG
SAM_0423.JPG
SAM_0424.JPG
SAM_04251.JPG
SAM_04261.JPG

Gotta add at the end here that it is the GREATEST fucking feeling when all of the plants are doing well and I don't have any issues to deal with. I'm sure there will be some more things to deal with in the near future........:surf:

21 days in: Last post before They go 12/12. I just watered them tonight and they are lookin TASTY. I'll be leaving the lights off for somewhere in between 24-34 hours after the lights out out tomorrow. When the lights come back on there will be two 400 watt hps lights and they'll be more spaced out in the tent. Can't wait to see them bloom.

SAM_0427.JPG
SAM_04291.JPG
SAM_0430.JPG
SAM_04321.JPG
SAM_0433.JPG

Hey Cplus...sorry I've been absent for a little while, came back and you have some monsters growing!! they look really healthy and definitely agree with you putting them into flower. Keep up the good work!

Hey guys. Thanks for all of your responses. Glad to see you guys think they look good! I sent the girls into flowering last night and they look very good for the most part. A few leaves have problems that I can see.

1. A couple of leaves at the top of the plants are getting tiny yellow spots and holes in them.
2. One leaf in particular is turning brown at the edges and is crumpling.

The last watering I gave them was on Wednesday (4 days ago), and it didn't include any nutes. Just straight distilled water. I have two 400 watt HPS lights up over the plants. They are about 20 inches away from the leaves that are showing bad signs. The temps are ranging from 69 during the night and 85 during the day. Humidity is around 30% when I haven't misted for a couple of hours. I have a fan blowing on the lights and I have an oscillating fan blowing on the plants. What's going wrong here?
Anyone?

SAM_04393.JPG
SAM_04381.JPG
SAM_04371.JPG
SAM_0435.JPG

I agree. If you look at my first journal, I worried about that stuff too. Now I ignore it unless it's all over. It takes little to cause damage, and the plant may not express the damage for a week or two. You may be looking at a spot that was damaged based on something that happened last week. If you just see that on those leaves you showed us then I'm impressed you don't have more. You're doing well.

:peace:

Yes.... That's great to know that it's probably not a big deal. Just watered them with some big bloom and tiger bloom. Also, I always put just a little super thrive in the mix to help out. I put a bit of Gnatrol in the mix this time too, just to make sure that that issue is done with. I'll post pics tomorrow probably. It's good to hear from you abb and chiefin!

Day 26(Day 4 Flowering): Plants are looking good so far. There's ot a lot to say at the moment, which is a good thing, but I'm SUPER stoked to see them bloom in the near future.

ONE QUESTION: Since I have 2 400 Watt HPS in the tent now, should the lights both be at least 2 feet away from the top of the plants? I just don't want to scorch them. It's WAY brighter in there than it was before.

SAM_0440.JPG
SAM_0441.JPG

Back
Top Bottom