Cpluscote's First Grow 400w Super Sour Kush - Sour Diesel - Lucy Clones Soil 2012

Thanks abb,

The 400w hps is about 15 inches away form that one and it only shows those on the top. The temps are about 85 degrees right at the top of that plant.

What's your opinion on cutting off all of the hermied branches and letting the good ones keep growing?

The lights just came on and the plants look happy... Most of the scars where I tore off branches are healing up already.

Thanks much again

your opinion on hermies is very good. but mine is slightly diff. i belive that hermies can come from stress BUT you have to REALLY stress them out. something like the light being to close or something of that nature hasnt resulted in hermies for me. It has always been taking unknown seeds from herb i thought was good so it was worth a try(taking seeds from outdoor plants not knowing how they got pollenated) and if they are fem seeds they will carry a hermie traite.... What im trying to say is its usualy a genetic thing. not from a little stress... just my thoughts.

SAM_05501.JPG
SAM_05511.JPG
SAM_05552.JPG
SAM_05571.JPG
SAM_05592.JPG

Shit looks good besides some crinkled up buds. Flushing again next water, then the PH should be solid.

Yeah so i was thinking a bit about what you said(about where the clones came from) so i went in my backyard where i keep a greens dumpster... might i add i think i tossed them like a week ago and havent opened the lid since.(they were from seed)I lifted up the lid and it was like a freakin forest everything was still nice and green. so i grabed the cutters and took a couple clippings going to give them another try. see what happens.

Day 67 (44 Flowering ^Week 6): The Hermied plants, despite having about half of their branches cut off, are doing quite well. The three SSK plants are doing great and look like they will be ready in a few weeks. The Sour Diesels are hard to please, but I think they'll be fine as well. My gnat problem is still around, but I don't see very many lives ones at all. Good shit. Thanks for all of your help guys!

SAM_05601.JPG
SAM_05611.JPG
SAM_0562.JPG

Day 73(50 Flowering^Week 7): Everything looks really good. I got a scope a few days ago and all of the trichs are still pretty fucking clear. I'm gonna stop nuting the SSK(the most developed plants) after today's nute. Some of the top leaves on the Sour Diesels are turning yellow on the outside of some of the leaves...... The PH is good, so I'm assuming it's a def of some sort.
SAM_0567.JPG
SAM_05752.JPG
SAM_05681.JPG
SAM_05691.JPG
SAM_05701.JPG
SAM_05712.JPG
SAM_0572.JPG
SAM_0574.JPG

Wow, Cplus!! took me a minute to catch up in your journal but your plants are looking beautiful!! Really sorry to hear about the fungus gnats, they have been my bane so far every grow, but with the mosquito dunks and yellow sticky cards, its like a minefield for these lil bastards...lol...

Sorry to hear about the hermies..... I have had them both grows so far as well, and haven't figured out what is causing it, but my belief on my grows is either heat stress/light stress, or ph issues... I noticed that if you start seeing hermies, it doesn't take long for the rest of the plant to also start seeding itself. You still will end up with some potent buds, but they just wont have the smell or taste of some fine sinsimilla. I usually use the hermies for grinding up for edibles or hash...or if you feel like using it for a filler on your blunts... :)

Great job either way on your grow, dont let the hermies get ya down.. :) your garden looks great!!

Looking good, man. I wouldn't be to stressed over the yellowing unless it gets bad. Late in life they will want to do that in my experience. They can keep going for years in veg, but as soon as they start blooming their clock starts to tick. Treated well they will die off no matter what at some late point. My opinion is that when they yellow late in bloom and I'm doing everything right, it's because they are just starting the metaphorical 'long slide into the night'. A given strain will do that at a predictable age every time assuming there have been no traumas.

That's just what I see in my garden. By repeated growing of the same genetics I can kinda see the difference between what they naturally do late in bloom and an actual problem. Actual problems seem to move more quickly too.

You are at 51 days bloom now. How long do you intend to go? Did you start counting bloom days at the flip to 12/12 or when they actually began to flower?

:peace:

Thanks for all of the good thoughts guys.

Ab- Bloom days started at 12/12 flip. They started showing buds about a week... maybe 10 days after the flip? The three SSK plant's trich's are barely starting to get a little bit milky looking.... Their last nuting was on Saturday. As of now and I think I'll chop them in 1-2 weeks.

The Lucy and Sour Diesels look less mature overall... I'm thinking that they could go 3-4 more weeks, but I'm in no rush.

Again, thanks so much for all of your guys help!

Right on from all I gather it seems best to let each ladies take her own amount of time. Time lines set by seed companies are just a general guide. I think it would be nice to have batch harvest that way you know what time to chop each plant for the desired effects you want from it. Either early, on time, or late as each stage would have a little different effect. Just a thought let me know If any of that makes sense or am i just too stoned and over thinking things?

Toker- Everything you're saying makes perfect sense. In fact, that's exactly what I'm doing already. These are are clones from the same mothers, so they are all moving along at the same pace.(they've been rotated evenly through different positions in the tent, given the same amount of water and nutes...etc.) Everything I've said timewise is based of of what each plant's trichomes look like under my scope. Nothing more nothing less. Thanks dude!

I think it would be nice to have batch harvest that way you know what time to chop each plant for the desired effects you want from it. Either early, on time, or late as each stage would have a little different effect.

Once you grow a particular plant through a few clone generations, you can do just that: plan the harvest date at bloom day zero and usually be right on target as long as there are no major traumas.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom