Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Blazinjones, I've never done autos. Here is a link to an old journal here from a guy that was pretty dialed in as far as making fem beans with auto plants. How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

To provide my input on sacs with none to very little pollen I had this problem my first few times using CS. I only make fem pollen using clones and very small clones at that. Usually only 3-5 inches when I take the cutting. Me personally I don’t want to take the risk with my health spraying any part of a plant I plan to harvest and consume. I think using CS for too long and to strong of a solution also plays a big part along with not letting the clone get well rooted first. My first attempt I was spraying the entire clone every day for weeks and used around 60 - 80 ppm. The leaves looked sick but it produced a ton of sacs. None ever opened on there own. When I force them open some had very little pollen and some none. I even had a clone that none of the balls had pollen in it. I thought maybe I picked them too early so I let them sit longer and some sacs were falling off the plant without opening on their own. If there was pollen it was usable however and produced fem seeds when pollinating female plants. After 3 or 4 attempts with same results on various strains I changed things up my last run early last year. This is what I did that worked successfully with clones on a BubbleGum strain.

1. Let the clone get well rooted. Leaves should be perky and displaying growth. For me that’s around 10-12 days.
2. Sprayed entire plant with CS solution (~50 ppm) day before flip. I spray once a day right at lights on or within 1-2 hours.
3. Next day I spray entire plant again.
4. On the 3rd day and beyond I only do tiny little sprays only at the internodes where new growth is. I don’t spray any of the fans. Just the new growth areas. And it only takes very little, tiny squirts at each node. My thought here is to keep plant healthy by doing this. Again, I only sprayed once a day.
5. I keep repeating step 4 until the first sign of balls. Once I see that I stop spraying. Last run that was a total of 2 weeks spraying once a day. Thought process being once you see balls the plant has converted. No need to spray anymore. The clone ended up with a ton of ball sacs that opened on their own full of pollen.

This worked for me using *clones* purely to make fem pollen. I’ve never done big girls or partially sprayed plants. My clones end up looking like males with very little pistils. You wouldn't be able to tell they were female without seeing the mother plant full of buds. The CS I use is the same as what’s been posted here before and is about 3 years old. I still have half of that bottle left.
Currenlty I’m trying to create fem pollen with a Serious 6 plant. Hoping for the same success using the steps above.

Best of luck to everyone giving a crack at making fem beans. May you generate many balls full of yellow powder:)

This almost exactly what I do as well. My clones are about 2 weeks in dirt and at least past their 2nd node. Again, I also take clones from mature moms that have alternating nodes and showing pistils in veg. Once they're rooted and showing new growth, it's fairly safe to say you can start spraying, but I almost always let them go a good 2 weeks before I start. Once I do, I dedicate the entire clone to reversal. Whole plant first, then internodes after...until they show balls. I've done it this way a few times now and it works 100%.

Growing my own medicine has been rewarding in many ways, but making my own fem seeds is right up there towards the top.
Shoot, now-a-days I can't even run a new strain without making seeds.... just in case.... It's a sickness I tell ya. :blunt:

Blazinjones, I've never done autos. Here is a link to an old journal here from a guy that was pretty dialed in as far as making fem beans with auto plants. How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

To provide my input on sacs with none to very little pollen I had this problem my first few times using CS. I only make fem pollen using clones and very small clones at that. Usually only 3-5 inches when I take the cutting. Me personally I don't want to take the risk with my health spraying any part of a plant I plan to harvest and consume. I think using CS for too long and to strong of a solution also plays a big part along with not letting the clone get well rooted first. My first attempt I was spraying the entire clone every day for weeks and used around 60 - 80 ppm. The leaves looked sick but it produced a ton of sacs. None ever opened on there own. When I force them open some had very little pollen and some none. I even had a clone that none of the balls had pollen in it. I thought maybe I picked them too early so I let them sit longer and some sacs were falling off the plant without opening on their own. If there was pollen it was usable however and produced fem seeds when pollinating female plants. After 3 or 4 attempts with same results on various strains I changed things up my last run early last year. This is what I did that worked successfully with clones on a BubbleGum strain.

1. Let the clone get well rooted. Leaves should be perky and displaying growth. For me that's around 10-12 days.
2. Sprayed entire plant with CS solution (~50 ppm) day before flip. I spray once a day right at lights on or within 1-2 hours.
3. Next day I spray entire plant again.
4. On the 3rd day and beyond I only do tiny little sprays only at the internodes where new growth is. I don't spray any of the fans. Just the new growth areas. And it only takes very little, tiny squirts at each node. My thought here is to keep plant healthy by doing this. Again, I only sprayed once a day.
5. I keep repeating step 4 until the first sign of balls. Once I see that I stop spraying. Last run that was a total of 2 weeks spraying once a day. Thought process being once you see balls the plant has converted. No need to spray anymore. The clone ended up with a ton of ball sacs that opened on their own full of pollen.

This worked for me using *clones* purely to make fem pollen. I've never done big girls or partially sprayed plants. My clones end up looking like males with very little pistils. You wouldn't be able to tell they were female without seeing the mother plant full of buds. The CS I use is the same as what's been posted here before and is about 3 years old. I still have half of that bottle left.
Currenlty I'm trying to create fem pollen with a Serious 6 plant. Hoping for the same success using the steps above.

Best of luck to everyone giving a crack at making fem beans. May you generate many balls full of yellow powder:)

Thanks for sharing your process. I do exactly the same thing, but spray the whole plant until I see balls...(instead of just the nodes after day 3).... maybe that is why I'm not getting a lot of pollen....hmmmm. Good to know that you successfully get pollen from a very young vegging plant..... :)

How tall would you estimate your plants are that successfully have created pollen? (at the beginning of flowering)

I nailed my 1st seed run, and the 2nd and 3rd have showed pollen sacks but very little to no pollen... trying to figure out why... may have to try your method of only spraying the nodes after a couple days... I wrecked havoc on my plant spraying the whole thing, which definitely could be why I'm not getting much production.

Great share! thanks!

Hey Icemud. Your welcome.

I never measured their height at the beginning of flower but no more than 5 inches. Here is some pics I found digging thru my old journals.

The ones in red solo cups were used for fem pollen. I clone in jiffy pellets and when roots start popping out I stick them in solo cups for a day or two and start spraying. You can kind of gauge their height from the pics.
IMG_438110.JPG

Here they are almost done with stretch and probably no taller than 10 inches. See the unhealthy leaves.
IMG_88702.jpg
IMG_88683.jpg
IMG_88652.jpg
IMG_88642.jpg
IMG_88633.jpg

This is my current Serious 6 plant I just snapped a photo of. Don't have any pics of her before flip but it was no more than 5 inches also. She's right at 12 inches now and at 12 days under 12/12 :)
IMG_632513.jpg

She'll be my tallest clone. Just a vigorous grower this one. If you notice the tips cut off on the fans on the bottom it kinda gauges you on how small this clone was. I'll provide updates on her here. She is producing more pistils then I'm use to seeing but think I see a nut sack in there.

My clones go into root riot plugs then when roots show, I put them into 1 gal pots for 2 weeks before spraying. They usually have 2-3 good nodes of new growth when they start getting sprayed. So, again, very similar practices AS. The first time I made seeds I used two small dedicated clones for the project and got plenty of seeds (hundreds). the last time, I only used a small clone for the reversal to make the pollen and pollinated two or three lower branches of the recipient plant that was normal sized (6-8 week veg). I still got over 100 seeds which is plenty for my personal use and still some to share with a few buddies.

Spreading good, viable seeds of a coveted strain to a few grower-friends is a great way to preserve genetics too. But, of course, I wouldn't suggest such a thing on here as it's against forum policy.

Hey Icemud. Your welcome.

I never measured their height at the beginning of flower but no more than 5 inches. Here is some pics I found digging thru my old journals.

The ones in red solo cups were used for fem pollen. I clone in jiffy pellets and when roots start popping out I stick them in solo cups for a day or two and start spraying. You can kind of gauge their height from the pics.
IMG_438110.JPG

Here they are almost done with stretch and probably no taller than 10 inches. See the unhealthy leaves.
IMG_88702.jpg
IMG_88683.jpg
IMG_88652.jpg
IMG_88642.jpg
IMG_88633.jpg

This is my current Serious 6 plant I just snapped a photo of. Don't have any pics of her before flip but it was no more than 5 inches also. She's right at 12 inches now and at 12 days under 12/12 :)
IMG_632513.jpg

She'll be my tallest clone. Just a vigorous grower this one. If you notice the tips cut off on the fans on the bottom it kinda gauges you on how small this clone was. I’ll provide updates on her here. She is producing more pistils then I’m use to seeing but think I see a nut sack in there.
Dude! thank you for digging those up...very much appreciated and it definitely shows that my plants are the right maturity... so my theory of young plants and pollen is dismissed :) good to know :) I'm going to have to try just spraying the nodes (which I think I may have done on my 1st run which was successful)

I love this thread as we all collectively are figuring out best methods!!!

Pollen Chucker love! haha Thanks Allsmiles!

Dude! thank you for digging those up...very much appreciated and it definitely shows that my plants are the right maturity... so my theory of young plants and pollen is dismissed :) good to know :) I'm going to have to try just spraying the nodes (which I think I may have done on my 1st run which was successful)

Maybe it's just a stress thing. I guess it would make sense these little plants can't handle as much CS as a larger plant, especially if it's only receiving partial sprays.

Does anybody know if bloom formulations of nutrients are good for reversed plants as well? I figure male flowers are still flowers...

Maybe it's just a stress thing. I guess it would make sense these little plants can't handle as much CS as a larger plant, especially if it's only receiving partial sprays.

Does anybody know if bloom formulations of nutrients are good for reversed plants as well? I figure male flowers are still flowers...

its fine to proceed with your regularly scheduled program :)

Growing my own medicine has been rewarding in many ways, but making my own fem seeds is right up there towards the top.
Shoot, now-a-days I can't even run a new strain without making seeds.... just in case.... It's a sickness I tell ya. :blunt:
:laughtwo:Same! I have that sickness!

My clones go into root riot plugs then when roots show, I put them into 1 gal pots for 2 weeks before spraying. They usually have 2-3 good nodes of new growth when they start getting sprayed. So, again, very similar practices AS. The first time I made seeds I used two small dedicated clones for the project and got plenty of seeds (hundreds). the last time, I only used a small clone for the reversal to make the pollen and pollinated two or three lower branches of the recipient plant that was normal sized (6-8 week veg). I still got over 100 seeds which is plenty for my personal use and still some to share with a few buddies.

Spreading good, viable seeds of a coveted strain to a few grower-friends is a great way to preserve genetics too. But, of course, I wouldn't suggest such a thing on here as it's against forum policy.
:thumb: Think my next run I'm gonna let them sit in dirt for a week or 2 too. Now that I'm running only 2 plants at a time I have plenty of space.

I cannot wait to pop a Lani!

LOL...Right back at ya! We're all going to be dialed in soon!

So i just had a quick question for any1 that could help me out im nust wondering if i spray an auto down with cs will that just create polin that i have to use on another plant to get seeds or will the auto plant i spray with cs make seeds?? Ive never made my own seeds b4 n i dont wana lose this strain of autos i have an since you cant clone autos i figured this wud be the next best thing im jus wondering how i shud go about it is all thanx every1 and any1 for the help

So i just had a quick question for any1 that could help me out im nust wondering if i spray an auto down with cs will that just create polin that i have to use on another plant to get seeds or will the auto plant i spray with cs make seeds?? Ive never made my own seeds b4 n i dont wana lose this strain of autos i have an since you cant clone autos i figured this wud be the next best thing im jus wondering how i shud go about it is all thanx every1 and any1 for the help

Blazinjones, if you spray your female (auto or photo) it will(hopefully)make pollen sacks. if you take some sacks and self pollenate- apply to some buds on same plant...you produce auto same strain. If you tale the auto x pollen and apply to auto y bud you get an auto xy
auto pollen on photo bud you get mixed, photo females and auto females.

Blazinjones, if you spray your female (auto or photo) it will(hopefully)make pollen sacks. if you take some sacks and self pollenate- apply to some buds on same plant...you produce auto same strain. If you tale the auto x pollen and apply to auto y bud you get an auto xy
auto pollen on photo bud you get mixed, photo females and auto females.
Thanx man so much that really helped clear some things up 4 me i juststarted germing another red poison auto that i plan to use cs on and reverse to get sum polin and also hope to self polinate her as well so hopefully she will make enuf polin for me to keep alil xtra cause i want to use it on either a dark devil auto or one of my photo girls but i havent decided yet but i figure i have some time yet to fully make up my mind anyway thanx man i really appreciate it

I've been away for a few days And now i come with brain New questions. Does anyone knows If it has to be colloidal silver? Ionic silver will work as well? Still counting days to start my experiment.

I'm gonna try It as soon as i got to my New home in 3 weeks, it Will be my first Grow also. For now, ALL i can do Is search And see If anyone has ever asked the same question!

It will work. They are both particulate silver. The key difference is silver ions will bind with chloride ions to form silver chloride. It's an insoluble salt that even plants can have trouble dealing with. This is also part of the reason why there is a difference in the damage produced with everyone's reversals. It's partly strain and how it deals with stress, but mostly due to a formation of silver chloride. Silver ions bind, particles don't and most store bought CS has silver ions in it if it isn't just ionic to begin with lol. Silver Nitrate for STS has ions too but the are arranged differently at a molecular level and tend to have less binding issues which causes less damage to the plant. That is what makes it the professional choice. All silver particles will work. The question is how much havoc will it reek doing it.

It will work. They are both particulate silver. The key difference is silver ions will bind with chloride ions to form silver chloride. It's an insoluble salt that even plants can have trouble dealing with. This is also part of the reason why there is a difference in the damage produced with everyone's reversals. It's partly strain and how it deals with stress, but mostly due to a formation of silver chloride. Silver ions bind, particles don't and most store bought CS has silver ions in it if it isn't just ionic to begin with lol. Silver Nitrate for STS has ions too but the are arranged differently at a molecular level and tend to have less binding issues which causes less damage to the plant. That is what makes it the professional choice. All silver particles will work. The question is how much havoc will it reek doing it.
Wow, nice info EG!

I realy think that having this kind of knowledge Will Help many growers to know exactly what they want when buying coloidal silver, using the right stuff may be the start for producing female seeds with proficiency And with no mistake.

Thats why i've been doing so much research before starting, to make sure i have everything i need And know How to do, at least in theory.

So, assuming that ionic silver Will aways create silver chloride when affecting the plant, And the only thing needed by the plant is silver particles small enough to get absorbed in a solution, can i say that a 100% pure colloidal silver might work better than a solution with colloidal And ionic silver?

Thx for the Help!

Wow, nice info EG!

I realy think that having this kind of knowledge Will Help many growers to know exactly what they want when buying coloidal silver, using the right stuff may be the start for producing female seeds with proficiency And with no mistake.

Thats why i've been doing so much research before starting, to make sure i have everything i need And know How to do, at least in theory.

So, assuming that ionic silver Will aways create silver chloride when affecting the plant, And the only thing needed by the plant is silver particles small enough to get absorbed in a solution, can i say that a 100% pure colloidal silver might work better than a solution with colloidal And ionic silver?

Thx for the Help!

It's possible if it's true colloidal silver. About the only way to know for sure is make your own but even then there is a degree of ionic caused by the electric charge. Our girls are full of chlorides and they just keep gaining more as the plant ages so theoretically it could become a sort of catch22 because the binding is inevitable. That's where the shitty taste comes from with treated material too. Otherwise you'd never know there was silver in it. You are correct though. It's as simple as getting silver particles into the plant tissue. Water and Thiosulfate are only carriers. Thiosulfate being the more efficient of the two historically. I still am at 100% success with CS micro treatments so I wonder just how much more efficient it really is.

* You are quite welcome btw. :) I've been studying this and genetic suppression intensely for a while now. Landed a deal today that is taking all of this to a professional level for me so my fun times and seemingly chaotic crossing days are coming to an end lol. Time to take it to the next level. :Namaste:

It's possible if it's true colloidal silver. About the only way to know for sure is make your own but even then there is a degree of ionic caused by the electric charge. Our girls are full of chlorides and they just keep gaining more as the plant ages so theoretically it could become a sort of catch22 because the binding is inevitable. That's where the shitty taste also comes from with treated material too. Otherwise you'd never know there was silver in it. You are correct though. It's as simple as getting silver particles into the plant tissue. Water and Thiosulfate are only carriers. Thiosulfate being the more efficient of the two historically. I still am at 100% success with CS micro treatments so I wonder just how much more efficient it really is.

* You are quite welcome btw. :) I've been studying this and genetic suppression intensely for a while now. Landed a deal today that is taking all of this to a professional level for me so my fun times and seemingly chaotic crossing days are coming to an end lol. Time to take it to the next level. :Namaste:
Thx EG!

Let me see if i got It: the "small particles of pure silver" is the Key.

I chosen one professional looking manufacturer between all available manufacturers of CS in a Very famous online store in my country And i sent an e-mail asking a few things about their product Like fabrication method, proportion of CS x IS contained, overall purity And coposition. They got me surprised when they came with a Very professional And precise answer about everything.

They told me that is used a 15000v arch to, at very high temperatures, vaporize silver into the water, since the silver evaporate, the silver get as small as It can be. Their CS have 40ppm pure silver colloids suspended in bidistilled water with almost none ionic silver because they do not use eletrolisis, wich produces ionic silver.

Seems trustable to me do you see anything not trustable or fake in this information?

EG,

I Like the way you explain things, your help will probably make my life easier in a few weeks, thx again!

I'm starting to really Like this cannabis-talking safe place! Thx ALL 420mag!

Back
Top Bottom