Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

hi guys I was wondering if I sprayed my dark devil auto fem plant with cs how old shud I let it get b4 I start to use the cs and will it create auto fem seeds or will they be auto regulars?? also for my photo fem plants if I sprayed one of those wud the seeds come back as regular or fem and when is a good time to start spraying photo fem plants with cs??

start spraying early growth, ...especially for autos..

the answer the 1st part...they will be auto fems if both parents are auto fems..or you can pollenate the very female plant you got the pollen from. :)

2nd part..we are making female pollen essentially by spraying a female; it stresses the plant to produce male sacs that hopefully contain pollen. This pollen is "female-pollen'..it will do the males 'job as pollen' but incorporate female traits to the seeds...thus you have a female seed.

if the process is done with autos, same thing..you will produce autos if both the recipient and producer of the pollen are female autos to start..

:Namaste:

So I have a new plan for making my own seeds. I'd like your input if you have some time.

I have a tent I use for autos currently. My plan is to stop the autos for a bit and start 5 seeds, so that I can reverse the one I'll stick in the middle of the other 4 females. I'd like to make 1 plant the same as the reverse plant to keep those genetics going. But i'd also like to use the other 3 to create crosses using other fem strains.

My question is could I mix autos along with photos to get seeded? I know the autos may still turn out photo If I reverse a photo, but my main question is what would be the best way to go timing wise. Do I start all the seeds at the same time? Or would it be something like I start the 4 female host plants first and then the reverse plant a week or 2 after? Do you know if the autos need more or less time than the photo hosts?
I just have a handful of seeds of strains i'll never be able to get again. So I'd like to skip as many errors as possible Thanks!

sounds like a plan! :thumb:
I'd start the longest running photo 1st and then next etc...autos usually(usually:)) finish sooner than photos; especially compared to the same strain photo to auto.
unless all players are autos, you will have a mix of autos and photos..:)

So I have a new plan for making my own seeds. I'd like your input if you have some time.

I have a tent I use for autos currently. My plan is to stop the autos for a bit and start 5 seeds, so that I can reverse the one I'll stick in the middle of the other 4 females. I'd like to make 1 plant the same as the reverse plant to keep those genetics going. But i'd also like to use the other 3 to create crosses using other fem strains.

My question is could I mix autos along with photos to get seeded? I know the autos may still turn out photo If I reverse a photo, but my main question is what would be the best way to go timing wise. Do I start all the seeds at the same time? Or would it be something like I start the 4 female host plants first and then the reverse plant a week or 2 after? Do you know if the autos need more or less time than the photo hosts?
I just have a handful of seeds of strains i'll never be able to get again. So I'd like to skip as many errors as possible Thanks!

If you reverse an auto and pollinate a photo, it will be a photo. It takes another generation for the auto gene to come out, unless both are autos.

Timing wise you want the reverse plant 1 week ahead of the host plants. Generally you also want 30 days for seeds to produce properly.

:thumb:

I'm fine with them being either or! ;) I would be reversing a photo but the plan was to pollinate 2 other photos and 2 autos and see what comes out. Would be sweet to get some photo blackberry kush seeds with the purple pheno :).

I was more confused about which plant you start first. The hosts or the reversing plant. Seeing as how they will all start under 12/12 my guess would be that the photos will switch to flowering around the same time as the autos. I might get the 2 auto hosts started 5 or so days after the photos just in case they take a bit longer to mature.

I assume I spray the reverse plant about a week after it sprouts? I want to use Nismo's technique with the STS.

Sativa's & Colloidal Silver = Time?

I plan to start 3 more seed runs in a week or so. I have taken 2 clones of each strain and they have rooted but just got up-potted today. The 3 strains and estimated flowering times are:

1. Malawi 10-13 weeks
2. Zamaldelica 11-14 weeks
3. Acapulco a Gold (Barneys) 9-10 weeks

It seems to me that the timing for pollination is going to be hard to nail down so I'm thinking I should just do this in two separate stages and forget about trying g to time each phase.... 1. just start on the reversal and collect the pollen when it becomes available and store it. 2. then just concentrate on getting the regular fem to flower and hand pollinate them.

So my question is, with these long flowering times should I still expect to see male pollen sacks at 3-4 weeks, followed by pollen in another 3-4 weeks? If it takes Malawi 10-13 weeks to flower, any idea how long before she'd be ripe enough to pollinate?

I'm probably making more work out of this than I need to, but I can see this taking a good 6 months so I'd kinda like to have a game plan.

I'm fine with them being either or! ;) I would be reversing a photo but the plan was to pollinate 2 other photos and 2 autos and see what comes out. Would be sweet to get some photo blackberry kush seeds with the purple pheno :).

I was more confused about which plant you start first. The hosts or the reversing plant. Seeing as how they will all start under 12/12 my guess would be that the photos will switch to flowering around the same time as the autos. I might get the 2 auto hosts started 5 or so days after the photos just in case they take a bit longer to mature.

I assume I spray the reverse plant about a week after it sprouts? I want to use Nismo's technique with the STS.
You want to spray the STS on flip day. Twice. Then wait 7 days and spray 2 more times. Then another week and 2 more final sprays. By day 21 if you don't see male sacks then spray again. When the autos are 3 weeks old is when I would flip and start spraying as that should line up your pollination times pretty good. If not you can collect the pollen and just apply it by hand. I've always just picked the plant up and shook it over the seed hosts lol. Got the job done but is a bit messy.

Awesome. At what point in flowering do the buds usually accept pollen? Do you get more seeds if the buds are bigger before they get pollen or does it not matter?

That's a pretty good question, I seem to remember reading somewhere that 4 weeks was the best point to wait for them to be able to make seeds. The reason for this is the calyxes are fully formed and it still gives you enough time with most strains to get mature seeds and also finish flowering. I would say as soon as you see calyxes, they can be pollinated. Every calyx is basically a womb waiting for fertilization.

Sativa's & Colloidal Silver = Time?

I plan to start 3 more seed runs in a week or so. I have taken 2 clones of each strain and they have rooted but just got up-potted today. The 3 strains and estimated flowering times are:

1. Malawi 10-13 weeks
2. Zamaldelica 11-14 weeks
3. Acapulco a Gold (Barneys) 9-10 weeks

It seems to me that the timing for pollination is going to be hard to nail down so I'm thinking I should just do this in two separate stages and forget about trying g to time each phase.... 1. just start on the reversal and collect the pollen when it becomes available and store it. 2. then just concentrate on getting the regular fem to flower and hand pollinate them.

So my question is, with these long flowering times should I still expect to see male pollen sacks at 3-4 weeks, followed by pollen in another 3-4 weeks? If it takes Malawi 10-13 weeks to flower, any idea how long before she'd be ripe enough to pollinate?

I'm probably making more work out of this than I need to, but I can see this taking a good 6 months so I'd kinda like to have a game plan.

True land race sativa's are a little tricky timing wise. They typically have shorter flower times and spend more time in pre-flower veg post flip. It's likely it will take longer than 4 weeks to see male flower, but sativa tends to be more apt to reverse naturally. They are also receptive longer. If it were me I think I would hit it once or twice about a week or two pre and post flip. Hope for the best and collect pollen also. My bet is everything will likely seed but always nice to have pollen on hand. :)

If I have reg seeds and pop a male and female of same strain, then let them pollinate will i get only feminized or both sexes? If I would get both how do I go about creating feminized seeds only? Is that the process explained at the beginning of this thread?

If I have reg seeds and pop a male and female of same strain, then let them pollinate will i get only feminized or both sexes? If I would get both how do I go about creating feminized seeds only? Is that the process explained at the beginning of this thread?

Both sexes.. and yes. We're using Colloidal Silver (CS) mostly, but there's been a little discussion on Silver Thiosulfate Solution (STS) as well.
:Namaste:

Good Evening All! I hope you don't mind me hopping in on the CS thread. I just sprayed my Purple Express Auto for the very first time tonight with Tiresias Mist. She is 3 weeks old. Hoping to get auto fem seeds from her by getting enough pollen from the one branch.

20170613_214228.jpg

20170613_214235.jpg

20170613_214239.jpg

20170613_214246.jpg

I wonder if anyone ever found an MSDS for that stuff. I remember a few years back someone arguing that the secret mineral ingredient is silver particles or gibberellic acid. There's other things that fall into the "organic" category that will work as well, but I remember the big brag was you could smoke the product after treatment. :hmmmm:
Thanks for bringing that up again! :high-five: May have to do some searching later.

Hi, this is my first post here,i'm Very Sorry about my english, and i've been searching all over the internet about making and using colloidal Silver to make your Fem seeds to become a hermie plant. I Found that is possible to make CS using only 3 9v batterys, 2 of those two-sided clips, a Glass with distiled water, And 2 Silver 100% eletrode, since 9v bat have 0,5a they produce particles small enough to get inside de plants cels And make effect. Does anyone know about It? Have you tried?

Hi, this is my first post here,i'm Very Sorry about my english, and i've been searching all over the internet about making and using colloidal Silver to make your Fem seeds to become a hermie plant. I Found that is possible to make CS using only 3 9v batterys, 2 of those two-sided clips, a Glass with distiled water, And 2 Silver 100% eletrode, since 9v bat have 0,5a they produce particles small enough to get inside de plants cels And make effect. Does anyone know about It? Have you tried?

High G2G :)

Welcome to the best forum anywhere. I've never made my own, but someone was doing it in this very thread. There are also several good post scattered throughout the site. I just ran a quick Google search and came up with this one.

DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

Thx electro! 420 mag is a pretty good forum, i Found a Lot of good info. I've been there (DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production :), i know the basics in theory my only problem is that i can't make It wrong since here where i live is Very difficult to get seeds. I've seen a few people doing It with autos, And Thats my goal.

Well, let me explain my situation here, i have 5 lowryder auto Fem, And 5 northern lights auto Fem, i need to get seeds from them because i can't Kp buying.

Thanks! I was thinking it would be best to let them get a little bigger. I've noticed a few people have had problems getting sacks but no pollen, kind of interesting. I guess not a lot is known about growing for pollen, so maybe there's some level of maturity that needs to be reached.

I think that you may be on to something with this statement... ..

My 1st attempt was successful with CS and the plant was about 18" tall and fairly mature. Pollen was very noticable not only on leaves it fell on but even with the slightest movement, the plant would create a cloud of pollen.

My 2nd attempt was unsuccessful (sacks with no pollen) and this was done on a much younger plant, (mayb 12-14") max height.

My current and 3rd attempt is in progress. Pollen sacks developed but no visible pollen. However, I rubbed the pollen sacks on the female flowers and the next day the pistils were amber/brown which typically means the pollen was received. Its too early to tell if the plants are developing seeds but I will know within the next few weeks. The plant creating pollen is only about 12" tall, and was not much older than a few weeks in soil at max when flowered and CS treatments started.

So I think you are definitely on to something, that the amount of pollen, or whether or not it even shows may have something to do with maturity.

Id be curious to hear if anyone successfully got a very young, clone age plant to produce pollen sacks, and if pollen production was visible.

Well, let me explain my situation here, i have 5 lowryder auto Fem, And 5 northern lights auto Fem, i need to get seeds from them because i can't Kp buying.

You're hanging out at the right place. :) Can you buy Colloidal Silver where you are? It might be easier.

Id be curious to hear if anyone successfully got a very young, clone age plant to produce pollen sacks, and if pollen production was visible.

I've never tried anything not well developed. 3-4+ weeks of good veg time minimum. I'm thinking clones may be a little more lenient than seedlings as far as timing though. Selectivity plays a big role in fem breeding also, just like it does with M/F. It can definitely effect pollen and seed production traits.

Back
Top Bottom