Dank Purple's First Grow

Awesome advice as always sue.. love your cloning technique especially. Sounds really simple and i am about to try cloning for the first time.. gotta try that!

My technique is a simplification of TOAST's method. TOAST trashes cloning I use aloe vera gel from fresh fillets, blended into water for soaking the plugs or perlite, and use only rooting hormone, but his method of using produce bags is genius. The only clone I lost to date was poisoned by Clorox I didn't get cleared from the perlite. This method is so easy it's almost sinful. :battingeyelashes:

I have to say, that's a hell of a lot of work to go through for cloning. I cut, shave the outer layer, dip into an aloe fillet and into rooting hormone, and stick it into a Rapid Rooter or a cup of perlite (soaked in aloe water). Then it gets sealed up in a produce bag filled like a balloon. Check every three days to replenish water, if necessary, and fill with expelled breath to give the cutting its private CO2 atmosphere. Haven't lost one yet that I didn't poison. I also don't butcher my leaves when I clone. Never did figure out why everyone does that. I hear the theories, but my cuttings sail through with no fading of the leaves. I think it's mostly because they have all thet CO2 to feast on.

Hell I just pinch the branches I want to clone off the plant and put it in water than soak up my jiffy pellets and when they are ready I just cut my base at an angle and plant it in the jiffy pellets and place under CFL... I do not cut leaves in half either... Tried both ways but in the end the ones with leaves seemed to of done much better. I stick to cloning tiny branches compared to larger clones to slow things down some because I have two months before the tent frees up... I also do not use a humidity dome or really worry about humidity the leaves get wet when I water and that's it... My plants always look perfectly green all the way around when they root whether it takes a week or three weeks. No chemicals or anything just water and jiffy pellets.

Yeah my clones look sickly. I flushed them both with low level nute water... hoping they bounce back!

I just tagged everyone with random post they posted. Saw a lot of comments about my cloning lol. I had never done it so I asked around and got a lot confident very different answers. So to avoid picking a mentor i just did everything.all the advise was trusted so I didn't want to take an easy route end up with a dead clone and somebody thinking "if youda listened..." Ya know.It probably was more work than i needed to do. But no dead ladies-clones is a mission accomplished in my book. And now all of my mentors know I listened.
Also if my variables ever changes and dictates a change in my style of cloning available to me ( time, money, space) .I am prepared and confident.
Awesome advice as always sue.. love your cloning technique especially. Sounds really simple and i am about to try cloning for the first time.. gotta try that!

My technique is a simplification of TOAST's method. TOAST trashes cloning I use aloe vera gel from fresh fillets, blended into water for soaking the plugs or perlite, and use only rooting hormone, but his method of using produce bags is genius. The only clone I lost to date was poisoned by Clorox I didn't get cleared from the perlite. This method is so easy it's almost sinful. :battingeyelashes:

Hell I just pinch the branches I want to clone off the plant and put it in water than soak up my jiffy pellets and when they are ready I just cut my base at an angle and plant it in the jiffy pellets and place under CFL... I do not cut leaves in half either... Tried both ways but in the end the ones with leaves seemed to of done much better. I stick to cloning tiny branches compared to larger clones to slow things down some because I have two months before the tent frees up... I also do not use a humidity dome or really worry about humidity the leaves get wet when I water and that's it... My plants always look perfectly green all the way around when they root whether it takes a week or three weeks. No chemicals or anything just water and jiffy pellets.

Yeah my clones look sickly. I flushed them both with low level nute water... hoping they bounce back!

What's the steps you went through wen you cloned them?

What's the steps you went through wen you cloned them?
Cut them at a 45 degree angle went directly to a cup of water. Dipped end on pirhana. Re cut the stem to split it perpendicular to the 45°. And scraped up the stem. I Placed the clones in pure coco soaked in cal mag nute water. Then added pirhana drops to the hole clone was to be placed in. Then I Slightly compressed coco around and watered very lightly with pirhana and Bloom nutes (very low level).

The problem arose when I used liquid karma to feed them and forgot it wasn't pH perfect like my AN.... oops! I'm going to take a few tomorrow. Not worried. Probably should just ask to throw some clones in arctic bowls clone machine but I'm stubborn

@ sweet sue
I would love to grind out some ideas for oil remedies with you but lets wait till I'm closer to utilizing the info so I'm not reasking later..lol

And what an amazing plant! I wish I knew the strain of my best smoke ever.. But if I ever smelled it again I bet I could recognize it!!

You nailed it right on the head about my bathroom beauty! Not enough light ever. She had thrips and was yellow and dying when I got her and I have brought her all the way back. But with low lighting and no fan she is thin and wimpy I was gonna bush her out and turn her into as many clones as possible and follow through with the best strongest ones. But I have the genetics! Just trying not to lose them

Also I will deffinently pm you when we get there!
And what a compliment!! I too love dabbers energy! Thank you

I have told myself from the start not to compare but it is so hard when I'm trying to gauge what I need to work on but cant figure out what it is. Its kinda like art.. Like you cant tell why one painting looks better than the next.. But its clear when one is better.
I'm a statistics guy and there are no numbers!!! Lol. So gauging where I'm at is difficult. Ill get more confident and less needy after a while guys. Until then feed me feedback please! Lol

Its smack dab on 6 for grooty and 5.85 for l.a. is say the morning is excellent
Id say so too. Pizza for breakfast?

420-magazine-mobile1902070431.jpg

Sharing slices with everyone!

Glad to hear the gals are hoping so well bud! Keep up the awesome work my man and show us some pics when you have a second

Cut them at a 45 degree angle went directly to a cup of water. Dipped end on pirhana. Re cut the stem to split it perpendicular to the 45°. And scraped up the stem. I Placed the clones in pure coco soaked in cal mag nute water. Then added pirhana drops to the hole clone was to be placed in. Then I Slightly compressed coco around and watered very lightly with pirhana and Bloom nutes (very low level).

The problem arose when I used liquid karma to feed them and forgot it wasn't pH perfect like my AN.... oops! I'm going to take a few tomorrow. Not worried. Probably should just ask to throw some clones in arctic bowls clone machine but I'm stubborn .

I wouldn't give any nutes at all when cloning personally. Besides things that promote root growth of course if wanted. But hell my clones that took up to three weeks to root were still green as when I would first cut them... They wouldn't start yellowing out until they had a nice root system anyhow and started growing vigorously then that's when the deficiencies really start to hit since I tend to just keep them in the solo cups a couple weeks longer than I probably should.

Ya i armor si ,happy roots and phed the water I soak the clones rock wool in. And straight water and in the res u til they hit water . then I just res change and that is where my chart begins For nutrients. The first tank is just water.

So my three little cookies clones .. 2 are dead. I left my sliding glass door open last night and they had just been watered. So I touched them this morning and I think they froze. They are bent completly over . looking death in the face. I feel so bad. But Interesting enough the one in a jiffy pellet is the one that lived (soil buffer) the 2 rock wool were ice cold.
Glad I do different methods a lot! Ill be taking more from the mom when I'm ready . here is a few budshots from grooty and l.a.
L.a.
420-magazine-mobile2043777127.jpg

Grooty
420-magazine-mobile237045645.jpg

Man. Discovery is an odd feeling at times.
I'm not sure if I'm happy about were my yields are at or not. I know its not over... But on one I think I thought it was gonna be more and on the other I think I thought I was gonna fail... So ... Hahaha
Either way I'm proud of myself and the plants. I feel like its gonna smoke great.
I guess I'm satisfied with where I'm at, but disappointed in myself a little.. almost kicking my ass over a few errors that I COULD have prevented. And the plants are not as healthy as I would like them to be. Some burnt tips and alot of leaves got damaged when Grooty freaked about the nute strength.. Just some things I couldnt have prevented and I know they affected the grow negatively.
I try to stay very positive. especially on here. But at times I want to level and be honest about how I'm feeling. Unbias
I'm still making rookie mistakes. And to be honest and harsh. its because I don't care enough.. I guess. If it was my baby child I promise I wouldnt have forgot the door was open... Ya know.
And I'm let down by myself because I DO care. A lot. And this is not the first time ive done some dumb negligent stuff.
I have to tighten up a bit.
Not being cocky I feel like I have the potential to be a great grower. I have a LONG way to go, so.. Thanks for sticking it out with me and helping me along the way guys (and girls) it means alot to me. You guys are awesome!
-dank p

You've done well. You can't teach a dumbass so the credit is still in your hands brother! As long as you never feel that you know everything you'll keep growing as a grower (lmao) if you know what I mean. Now go out there and make some mistakes because that's how we learn and how we have all come so far from throwing seeds in the ground and smoking it off the vine. It's now a science; it is an art form and you are Picasso my friend!

Should have watched me grow that pineapple chunk! Every time the slightest little thing changed she would squeal like a pig! Then when she hit flower she though she was friggin King Kong! .

Back
Top Bottom