Dank Purple's First Grow

Man. Discovery is an odd feeling at times.
I'm not sure if I'm happy about were my yields are at or not. I know its not over... But on one I think I thought it was gonna be more and on the other I think I thought I was gonna fail... So ... Hahaha
Either way I'm proud of myself and the plants. I feel like its gonna smoke great.
I guess I'm satisfied with where I'm at, but disappointed in myself a little.. almost kicking my ass over a few errors that I COULD have prevented. And the plants are not as healthy as I would like them to be. Some burnt tips and alot of leaves got damaged when Grooty freaked about the nute strength.. Just some things I couldnt have prevented and I know they affected the grow negatively.
I try to stay very positive. especially on here. But at times I want to level and be honest about how I'm feeling. Unbias
I'm still making rookie mistakes. And to be honest and harsh. its because I don't care enough.. I guess. If it was my baby child I promise I wouldnt have forgot the door was open... Ya know.
And I'm let down by myself because I DO care. A lot. And this is not the first time ive done some dumb negligent stuff.
I have to tighten up a bit.
Not being cocky I feel like I have the potential to be a great grower. I have a LONG way to go, so.. Thanks for sticking it out with me and helping me along the way guys (and girls) it means alot to me. You guys are awesome!
-dank p

Trust me shit happens lol... My last grow with two mars hydro 300's I pulled 7oz roughly lol... This grow with the two mars 300's and an added qb120 (60w) added a week or two into flower and a second qb120 added the last couple weeks of flower and it's looking like I MAY get around 5-6oz ..... TBH though my girls were growing exceptionally fast and I was planning on em really growing nice but I got a lot of mites lol... Freaked and defoliated almost everything mid flower and they just quit growing and went to maturing. It's potent smoke nonetheless so I'm happy..

Live and learn eh.... Going to be able to do another run if I'm quick then I'll probably pack everything up until next fall. But I have 4 girls going already so I'll probably just toss them in after I clean everything down real real nice and hope for the best... It's winter so that's a plus.

Lol on a side note I'm harvesting my last two plants today and thank god they didn't have any longer to go lol because I let em dry out super dry... They look as dry as my girl that's gang drying right now lol the buds shrunk down and everything.
4315536b6d1d5df5d51816fe6f6e5d2e.jpg
I know people say you want to harvest em dry but that may be over kill .

I feel that same way buddy.. i get mad at myself too cause i get really lazy and make those simple mistakes that can be easily avoided. Its annoying and im sure we all do that in some ways.. does make you wanna do better and try harder and become the best you can be eh?

Those are some awesome bud shots and you are a great grower!! You are learning new things all the time and that to me is the most important part of furthering ourselves to become better at what we really love to do! To grow some killer weed boys and girls!!

@ 3g thanks man. Lol my grandpa used to say that to everyone. "You cant teach a dumbass so maybe there hope for you yet." And ya a painter was a good analogy ..like bob Ross. He would paint a beautiful background and then decide to put a "happy" lake or mountain over it. I'm sure he was like damn.. I liked it better before, at least a couple times.. But thats how he learned.

@Penny wise- is it its own journal or is it buried in one somewhere id like to give it a read through. And I wouldnt mind some king kong problems lol.

@ bud052- thanks man! I have been really trying to not ramble and work on content base and picture quality. So this is a huge compliment to me. Swing by anytime and dont hesitate to comment whatever is on your mind I love feedback.

@LedGuy74 - lol the ol' "panic and make a decision" move. I actually wrote a post about this a while back. It was hard for me to see something and handle it slow and controlled. At first I just started making changes trying to fix it and then one thing lead to another ..too much of this lead to not enough of that. Misdiagnosis and poison it worse...lol and getting it all balanced back out was a nightmare. I'm getting better at rolling with the punches so to speak. Like a singer messing up the words.. Rookies stop or start over or blush . pros keep singing like they just rewrote the words.

@toasted- thanks buddy!! A picture compliment from you is like a compliment on my junk from Ron Jeremy. Hahahahahaa I love it!
And you nailed it with "annoying"
"its not too hard or too tedious... I just forgot." How annoying. Lol I better give myself a better excuse than that..lol

@All- I figure every "mountain" you have to climb in life has two sides.. The learning side and the settling side. So as long as the path stays uphill and shitty I'm doing ok. Never settle. Lol life is hilarious.

Wow guys sorry about the absence .. Life got crazy for a minute. I never did stab my girls.. I needed a confidence push and I was in able to talk to you guys. Lol.. Anyway I had heard that letting the girls dry out be for chop was a good idea. And the girls look really rough but the bud looks amazing. I'm pretty sure its time to chop and I need another boost or a walk through.. Lol I'm so nervous. So I was gonna hang them in the tent on a line or hanger and then burp in jars but some one was saying just chop amd throw them in turkey bags in the fridge for a week. Is it really that simple

I can control it. What would be optimal?
Yep! There are a few ways to dry. Low n slow in the fridge, but I think my wife would kill me if the fridge smelt like dank...

Growweedeasy.com and search drying and curing. It will give you all you need to know for optimum ranges of temp and humidity to really nail the dry and cure.

To be honest I was kinda asking questions I know the answers too, just nervous....lol and love second opinions and they might point out something I forgot or didnt know ...ya know

To be honest I was kinda asking questions I know the answers too, just nervous....lol and love second opinions and they might point out something I forgot or didnt know ...ya know
Trust me when I say I feel the same way and I'm probably not even half way. Don't wanna waste months of hard work on dank that ends up smelling like fresh cut grass and not like it does in flower....

Sounds like you just need encouragement!

You got this DP go get em bud ...

Hell ya thanks guys I'm getting ready for chop now taking a few pictures for memories. Its weird I almost dont want them to go. I like them. Lmao I'm hopeless.

Ok so I thought I was excited before..... Lol.
This is so cool they are hanging now. I figure 3-7 days until the stems get breaky I left a lot of the leaves on, to slow the dry.
I'm drying in the tent on hangers. Gonna try to keep my humidity up. Its at 50 now. I didnt wash the buds I feel like these gals have been test subjects enough lol I have almost killed them so many times learning and testing. So I didnt want to push for one last lesson and ruin my crop. Still undecided on if I'm gonna use the fridge or jars for cure.
Here these gals are.
420-magazine-mobile1442281448.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1612616381.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2038693086.jpg

Here are their final rootballs
420-magazine-mobile2000963422.jpg
420-magazine-mobile810553014.jpg
l.a. wasnt as big she was shorted like a month of veg. You guys remember grooty and Lucile were huge when she sprouted..
Anyway heres them hanging
420-magazine-mobile550576876.jpg
grooty had so many little budsites under all her main colas here she is after I took most of her down
420-magazine-mobile786896246.jpg
close up same time as above pic.
420-magazine-mobile822191227.jpg
here are a couple close ups I took right before chop. Cant wait to smoke em
Grooty
420-magazine-mobile264341003.jpg
and L.a.
420-magazine-mobile513774509.jpg

I felt like my colas were skinny but the bud feels dense and thick as hell. I feel like I could press resin out just squeezing with my fingers..

I felt like my colas were skinny but the bud feels dense and thick as hell. I feel like I could press resin out just squeezing with my fingers..
Idk looks like a killer harvest to me DP. Well done. Thanks for sharing your journey and hopefully you'll share the next one. Congrats on the beautiful buddage :high-five:

Idk looks like a killer harvest to me DP. Well done. Thanks for sharing your journey and hopefully you'll share the next one. Congrats on the beautiful buddage :high-five:
Oh I will for sure be sharing my next one with you guys. I love this place! I'm gonna keep this journal going until the final weigh in. I have 3 girls ready to go . 2 grooty clones and the cookies. But I'm thinking in gonna chop cookies into clones and go at it stronger. She has been through a lot. Here is a pic of those 3
420-magazine-mobile1565109647.jpg
been waiting to get these girls under proper lighting and in the tent . (a controllable environment.) But I'm not sure in gonna journal these girls . I have some og Skywalker seeds and I want to do a journal on l.o.s. sips with them. So I might just keep this journal running to stay in contact with all you guys durring this midrun. I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom