My First Grow

Hey proud papa,
Dude, you did it!! you have your first home grown. Back in the day when I was a "younger" (notices I added an -er at the end LOL) person, the term 'home grown' was a Piece of S__t weed. Like dirt weed is now. Was most likely a thin stemmed, no bud just young leaves that someone had to cut from their garden cause their parents found out or such. Ok nuff history.
Now your home grown will probably be the best your have had (unless you personally know another grower) Since I grow only for my self and my family, the quality is by far the best goal I go for. Quantity is nice too but not so important as quality. Your buds look nice, green frosty, a first time growers dream. My first grow was in soil, and was a comedy capers type of grow. I thought I could grow just like I grow my kitchen herbs. Thanx to my sensei, who is nameless, and all you guys on this forum, My output is now very nice.. But grasshopper,, (Carradine RIP) we never know everything and if we want to we will learn as much as we care to... I think you did great. and your proof will be in your first little toke of supremely cured smoke you made yourself. How satisfying is that???
Good Job!!!
Fin o<

Congrats L8

First harvest, I can remember a few short months ago when you first joined and were looking to learn how to grow. Now you've got some first rate smoke earned by your own hand.

OK all you lurkers out there reading this - :cheer:This can be you too:cheer:

fineas! i know what you mean about the home grown i use to buy it and use to be like wow lil stems lots of leafs real fluff lol! some use to be real good though other times not so good. Thank you for your kind words and yes i am very happy the first grow turned out pretty good. But i have high hopes and better buds for my second! Wish me luck!

Soniq420! thanks man! and yes i know i found the site searching for info but once i got here i was stuck. Not only is the info here very good but also very accurate. Learning here and then applying it you will see results. To all the lurkers Thank you for checking my grow out! i know i cant see yall but i see the views on my thread and i know yall have been here because its alot of views! lol

sugarpistols! thanks!

DeadTour09! thanks for checking in! and i will have smoke report asap!

Quick lil update! i have hung upside down the top part of the plant left the small buds at the bottom keep growing. I open the jar a couple times a day. And smells like amonia! i know it will smell like that. How long should i leave in the jar?

Need to dry before curing to prevent mold.

During the curing process, the bud will smell like hay as the chlorophyll breaks down. This smell will go away - don't sweat it.

If they're in jars wet - I'd recommend you get em out quickly, separate them so they're not touching and inspect them closely.

Here's a few threads I'd suggest on the topic

How Can I Tell When My Buds Are Dry Enough To Be Cured?

Drying, Curing & Storage: Paper Bag Method

What is the best way to dry and preserve the cure for smooth, sweet buds?

Man, your first grow went a lot better than my first try! But, of coarse back then I didn't know about 420 Mag. You are a great example of how someone starting out can be successful with good advice. You get the most improved grower award!
Those buds look awesome! Congrats!:cheer:
Be careful with the jars! The first time I tried curing I got some rank ass moldy buds. Make sure those buds are pretty dry before you put them in jars and remember to "burp" them every day for a week or two. Don't want to ruin those beautiful buds! I love the purple tips!
Great job! ++reps:ganjamon:

Janx! good to hear everything went well with your first grow!

JustAddWater! no i havent put any wet buds in the jar i made sure they were well dried.

swampgas! yes i did!

Soniq420! thanks for the info! i checked the threads out! good info!

tricome! thanks for the inspiring words! And i let the buds dry pretty good! im not really worried about mold! thank you for all your support man!

resinator! thank you

Glad to see your first grow was a success...I didn't have the patience to read through 51 pages but I skipped through and caught main gist lol. And since I didn't read all of your journal I have to ask at what point did you harvest (i.e., trichome coloration...half and half? mostly amber? mostly cloudy?)? Each one seems to serve a purpose...I've had weed that after smoking there was no way I was going to sleep any time soon lol, and others that would put me out like a light. I'm thinking that a 50/50 may be perfect for my first harvest...assuming I get at least one female that is!

Back
Top Bottom