Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Thank you VG
Got about 22 grams dry off tasty buds.

Decent high chopped a bit too early veg think .

But everyone I shared a gram with loved it and even without a proper cure. Lol tasted sooo good.
.hope your well :ciao:

I'm doing well, thanks.

I'm hoping I get more than a couple of bowls off of mine.

I need to try her. :yummy:

Well dropped another Dark Devil bean, with it I'm going with a northern lights in 6 gallon fabric pots and a strawberry cheesecake and strawberry caugh in 2.5 litter juice jugs. I'll drop the odd update in here for the dark devil, but you can follow the grow from my signature.
20200301_215758.jpg

Thank you VG
Got about 22 grams dry off tasty buds.

Decent high chopped a bit too early veg think .

But everyone I shared a gram with loved it and even without a proper cure. Lol tasted sooo good.
.hope your well :ciao:

When I’m gonna top I do it at the 5th node and let them go from there.

Joe..... beautiful buds and excellent photos to show it all off. :high-five: They can be small yielders, but well worth the effort. My buds are a year in the jars and still as sweetly pungent and ridiculously potent that I take the hits with care. Lol!

Every bit as delicious today on every exhale as they were fresh. To me that speaks of excellent genetics.

@Grand Daddy Black, your girl looks more like my original plant with dense buds than any others I’ve seen in a while. How much purple are you seeing on the flowers?

My first didn’t really go purple, but rather dirty purple, and it was more hallucinogenic than the he deep purples. It may suggest higher Beta-caryophyllene. I’ve been paying more attention to terpenes lately and the blend of myrcene, Beta-caryophyllene, limonene, and linalool obviously present in this strain is what’s giving us all this captivating wonder. I’m pretty sure it’s the ratios of those terpenes that makes the difference in intensity of euphoria, and the caryophyllene is what makes Cookies so lethal.

Someday...... someday we’ll get some DDA labs and know what we’re dealing with. Then we can figure out how to influence the terpenes we want for the type of effect we desire.

B-caryophyllene is a massive benefit to someone with inflammation. I’ve started adding some DDA bud into most of the oils I make, for that very reason.

It’s a good feeling to find this room so energized about DDA. What’s it take to get our Sweet Seeds rep to stop and take note? Possibly reach out Susan. Maybe they have those labs I keep looking for. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks. You guys inspired me to do my wake ‘n bake with DDA. :hookah:

Morning sue good read it's alot of above my head with Terps and profiles and where the origin from etc . But I do love it dearly and absolutely appreciate and respect the love and time it takes to out such a great strain together.

I loved the dark devil auto for taste. I'd grow a few out again specially now that I know about the inflammation bonus. Seems to me I need boost for that ingredient for my body. Hope you when been well sue. Thanks for the thread :Namaste::420::green_heart:

My DDA freaky girl

Topped herself, no training, no buds till day 50, day 60 today

0302201602.jpg
0302201602a.jpg
Looking good Chris .

That actually has a nice layout to her without any training.or topping .

They are very interesting and unpredictable plants. Mine stretched like a champ went from 11 inch to so to 3 feet lol in a week almost then buds shot out aggressive let's see..

Those big white pistils shot out aggressive at the start .

My DDA freaky girl

Topped herself, no training, no buds till day 50, day 60 today

0302201602.jpg
0302201602a.jpg

She looks like one that’ll go 100 days Chris. :woohoo:

Morning sue good read it's alot of above my head with Terps and profiles and where the origin from etc . But I do love it dearly and absolutely appreciate and respect the love and time it takes to out such a great strain together.

I loved the dark devil auto for taste. I'd grow a few out again specially now that I know about the inflammation bonus. Seems to me I need boost for that ingredient for my body. Hope you when been well sue. Thanks for the thread :Namaste::420::green_heart:

My pleasure Joe. That makes all my study worth it. :hug:

I’ll eventually find an easy way to explain terpenes that is more visual than wordy. You’re in no way alone in having it go over your head. At times the study felt like it would break my brain. :laughtwo:

Joe..... beautiful buds and excellent photos to show it all off. :high-five: They can be small yielders, but well worth the effort. My buds are a year in the jars and still as sweetly pungent and ridiculously potent that I take the hits with care. Lol!

Every bit as delicious today on every exhale as they were fresh. To me that speaks of excellent genetics.

@Grand Daddy Black, your girl looks more like my original plant with dense buds than any others I’ve seen in a while. How much purple are you seeing on the flowers?

My first didn’t really go purple, but rather dirty purple, and it was more hallucinogenic than the he deep purples. It may suggest higher Beta-caryophyllene. I’ve been paying more attention to terpenes lately and the blend of myrcene, Beta-caryophyllene, limonene, and linalool obviously present in this strain is what’s giving us all this captivating wonder. I’m pretty sure it’s the ratios of those terpenes that makes the difference in intensity of euphoria, and the caryophyllene is what makes Cookies so lethal.

Someday...... someday we’ll get some DDA labs and know what we’re dealing with. Then we can figure out how to influence the terpenes we want for the type of effect we desire.

B-caryophyllene is a massive benefit to someone with inflammation. I’ve started adding some DDA bud into most of the oils I make, for that very reason.

It’s a good feeling to find this room so energized about DDA. What’s it take to get our Sweet Seeds rep to stop and take note? Possibly reach out Susan. Maybe they have those labs I keep looking for. :battingeyelashes:

@SweetSue, mine looks like a brown/red mix with a hint of orange. I'm not really seeing any purple yet.

That’s right, I remember reading that b-caryophyllene isn’t just a terpenoid, it’s also a cannabinoid.

Linalool, b-caryophyllene, myrcene, and limonene is more or less the profile of Star Pupil as well. I would think though, that DDa has a hefty dose of humulene. Maybe that’s what gives it that rich mango smell.

I think I’ll join you in a Dark Devil wake and bake!

you say the shelf life has been excellent for you Sue? They say growing methodology is really what dictates shelf life, with organic lasting the longest. The more mineral rich your product, the longer it will keep.

I know this feeling. :laughtwo:
It may just happen. They look like mutants but they are chugging along, trying to be normal. Reminds me of...me. Lol.

I would think though, that DDa has a hefty dose of humulene. Maybe that’s what gives it that rich mango smell.
I was reading an article that said myrcene was the terp responsible for the mango scent. It went on to talk about eating actual mango 45 min before imbibing and how that can enhance the effects of cannabis.

Wasn't aware DDA smells like mangoes. This just got even better for me.....

It may just happen. They look like mutants but they are chugging along, trying to be normal. Reminds me of...me. Lol.

I was reading an article that said myrcene was the terp responsible for the mango scent. It went on to talk about eating actual mango 45 min before imbibing and how that can enhance the effects of cannabis.

Wasn't aware DDA smells like mangoes. This just got even better for me.....
Ahhh you’re right. It’s the spearminty herbal smell that comes from the humulene. I think it was @Amy Gardner who said it smells like mango wrapped in spearmint. I find that description to be dead on.

Looking good!! Your using megacrop right? Have you gave them their first feeding yet? How much are you planning on using? Full recommended dose or less? I'm going with megacrop myself.
They don't look bad for a couple of mutants. Lol
I started them off with Mega Crop from seed. 1 gr/gallon is easily tolerated even at this stage.
I am in Pro Mix with added perlite. I give full doses of Mega Crop at every feeding.
They are at 3 to 3.5 gr/gal depending on size right now.
I just transplanted the larger one today. The other one will be joining her in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom