Death Star - Budda Greenhouse & Orange Kush - Heavy Duty Fruity Early Bud Try

Yeah, that's what we do as well.....wait for the guys on the neighboring land to drive the deer over when they head in for breakfast. The deer always come out in the field when they head back in. 9:30 to 10:00.

well its been 60 out for a while here, but snow and cold all week. the hunting is about to pick up . All the opening day idiots are long gone . I raked 4oo pounds of accorns this morning,

good hunting John, hope you run into one of those 39 pointers:)

20120415115358_1_1.jpg
IMG_0449_1_600x800_.jpg
20120817163714_1_800x450_.jpg
20120521144241_1_800x450_.jpg
20120523135528_2_.jpg
20120604165625_1_.jpg
IMG_0785_800x600_2_.jpg
DSC002343.JPG
IMG_0852_1_600x800_.jpg
DSC00287_800x450_.jpg
DSC00289_800x450_.jpg
001_582x800_.jpg
IMG_0976_800x600_.jpg
IMG_09987.JPG
IMG_102016.JPG
IMG_103012.JPG
IMG_10007.JPG
IMG_101219.JPG

Well i guess it is time to rap up this journal . all the buds are dry and i have reached my goal of growing a years supply . My idea of early budding worked better than i ever hoped.All you outdoor growers that can not wait till Oct. for your crop, early bud them by putting them in the dark early every night and taking them back out after dark. In 8 weeks, you will have buds in June or july insted of October.Start over and you have another batch by Labor Day. Then your in no rush for October to come.

A few lessons learned.Veg them a little longer for bigger plants,It was just a test run on early budders.Another is look at new leaves close, And when they are distressed, Its probably an early mite sign.It hurts nothing to spray ,just in case.Ladybugs are great.They need a spray of water,and they will grow new ladybugs all summer.Mold was a problem for most this year for some reason. You can spend a lot of money on sprays,or buy a gal of vinegar. A 10/1 mix sprayed will not only keep mold in check, but the ladybugs loved it also_Once you have mold, it will return unless you keep on it. Every 3rd day the entire greenhouse got a quart of vinegar and water.A very few fan leaves turned brown, not one bud showed any distress from it.I made a homemade sulfer burnner and let it run for 3 days . I do not want to do it again.

Strain review
1. orange Kush was easy to grow . short indica Grew like a bush , with lots of buds.I'm smoking one now,Nice smooth and great looking buds .stayed fluffy with lots of orange hairs.Great all around strain. Could grow a garden full and be happy. Not a tall grower.So easy to clone it was funny. From 2 plants i made 50 clones in no time.It was so easy i bet you could just put them in a glass of water like grandma use to do.
2. heavy Duty Fruity. The best smelling buds of all 4 And i have always bought pot on smell of bag.It has jusy what you would expect. Heavy Duty Fruity explains it all. When I picked up the clones my friend tossed me a 1/4 oz and said it was budda. But im convenced it was HDF. Smelled like grapfruit. And the smoke tastes that way also. I love it. Wished I had grown more.I was told it was hard to grow. I did not find that to be true. Mine outdoors went well.Good looking buds ,red hairs ,then you smell jar.A big smile comes across your face.
3.Budda. Great big round hairy buds. Good smoke and good yeild. Fery hard to clone. The only 3 clones to die and not root were Budda. Only got 2 out of 5 to root.
4. Death star. Is my favorite .I'm not sure why. lol It was by far the longest budder,It was like it never wanted to finish.It is not a strain you would want to grow outdoors in a northern climate. It does not have great bag smell. The buds dried up hard . Not fluffy like the ok.
So why is it my favorite. ITS KICK ASS .It lives up to its reputation.A++

5. blend of death star and budda. My favorite so far. Makes such a smooth smoke. Not a choker

:high-five::circle-of-love::high-five::circle-of-love:I have to thank all of you. I soaked up all your knowledge. Even though I have had plants in the past, this year was my first quality bud grow.And i could not have done it without all of you. I'm wrapping up hunting season.Then heading south. I'll be watching and learning.
I have a few ideas for next year. Like a flip up blackout tent for early budding. So I do not have to move plants. Just flip tent over them. could plant them in ground insted of pots.:thanks::circle-of-love::high-five:

nice having you around John, hope you stay nice and warm when you get south and stay in touch:)

John it was nice to have you around and watch your grow which turned out really good. Hope you have a fun time down south and don't forget the Old Farts Club. See you around.

:thanks:Yes you were OMM. Its been great to have your support .I'll be watching to see how everything is gong.3 months off and then it will be time to start over. Making plans already. But it is nice to have some time off. :peace:

Finally got around to making dry ice hash. Boy is that easy. put pot and dry ice in a 5 gal bucket and put 120mm mesh bag on and shake it like a giant pepper shaker. and scrape it up. Its that easy.I used a old storm door window to shake it on in the garage. it could get messy indoors lol. I'm south for winter now and thinking of next year already.:peace:

Finally got around to making dry ice hash. Boy is that easy. put pot and dry ice in a 5 gal bucket and put 120mm mesh bag on and shake it like a giant pepper shaker. and scrape it up. Its that easy.I used a old storm door window to shake it on in the garage. it could get messy indoors lol. I'm south for winter now and thinking of next year already.:peace:

Hey there John. The hash sounds good. Envy!

Of course your thinking next year already! Any Hints?
:high-five:

sun grown is real organic ,and green.and much better to be with your girls outdoors insted of sitting in a grow room for hours.I would stand on my ladder looking at them for long periods.

john235;
Finally got caught up on your journal. Good job. Very nice looking buds. Looks like you have a nice little greenhouse. I`m jealous, I want to be in Florida. We WILL spend next winter in Florida. We finally got some snow. Middle of January and we only have 6" on the ground.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

you will love it. once you go , its a yearly trip, as long as health stays good, better go while you can.
thanks for coming by , I think i will stick around here....I can say what i want without getting in trouble lol....and maybe some day this journal will get a little longer........full grow and only 20 pages ......I have a lot to learn lol
If you want to fly or drive down for a look around, We have a spare bedroom, would gladly exchange room for a bait pile locator lol I can pick up from airport. anytime
john235;
Finally got caught up on your journal. Good job. Very nice looking buds. Looks like you have a nice little greenhouse. I`m jealous, I want to be in Florida. We WILL spend next winter in Florida. We finally got some snow. Middle of January and we only have 6" on the ground.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

omm the hash makes the best cookies ...better than making the butter for sure ....why?

That sounds much better than butter. Much better!

What I was wondering was....what are you growing when you return home? Same thing or something new. Just nosy.

Oh I learned a lot last year. I had 7 sativas in the greenhouse and zero kush .So the south side plants did fine ,but the north side ones were shaded so the did not do as good.If I had put 3 kush on the south side, the others would have done better.So maybe I will plan better this year. Alsolooking for some seed of a real early strain. The outdoor growers all lost their plants before they were finished. The season here is to short for sativas unless they are in my greenhouse.
So I plan 3 sativas on the north side and some short indicas on the north and west sides..As for seed strains, i'm thinking of Early Misty From Dutch Seeds. But still getting recomendations......Got any?
As for clones. I have a friend back home looking at the club for some good strains.Some Kush for sure For the short strains . And the one grower I traded with said he had me a real good producer......but I have forgot the name.
Also have a building project .Im fencing my garden spot in and building a shed for my early budding. so I can put them on a cart and roll them in and out every night. then I do not have to lift everyone up every day.2 carts with 2 or 3 plants each.Last year worked so well, I can not wait to get started.
thanks for helping me get to page 21 lol I did not realize you could continue with finished journals.....there is still hope :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom