Devils Harvest: Strawberry Sour Diesel Stealth Grow

MrGanjaManJr

Hey :D Going to be growing this SSD as I have some spare time with lockdown, so thought I'd post the progress on here.
I have recently finished building the cabinet, it is made from steel and is around 45 x 45 x 75cm. I will post some pictures of the build for anyone interested.
I will be using 6 Samsung LM301B LED panels on a 24/0 timer for now.
I germinated the seed about 6 days ago. It took 24 hours to root and then another 24 hours to pop above the soil.

20210108_221711.jpg

20210108_221727.jpg

20210108_221811.jpg

20210108_221757.jpg

20210108_221822.jpg

20210108_221914.jpg

20210108_222026.jpg

20210110_221943.jpg

20210111_120355.jpg

20210111_120808.jpg

As far as the SSD goes, its now day 4 after showing :D I will post an update every Sunday for now as there is not too much to show at this point. Temp is 24c and humidity is 38% in the box. Going to adjust a couple of things soon to try and raise the humidity.

20210118_145118.jpg

Screenshot_20210118-232551.jpg

Update: Day 11 of veg for the Strawberry Sour Diesel. Growth has been super fast. I am currently using biobizz light mix and have just been giving it plain water for now. Temps are around 22c, and I figured the humidity being low will be fine for now. The root zone is fine, my humidity gauge is in the centre of a large, and currently more or less empty cabinet. I think once I have transplanted in to my 3 gallon pot, and the plant is a little bigger, the humidity will go up. My pot size is maybe half a litre at the moment, just while I get it set in, and the plant is only small, so there isn't really much in there.

20210124_215916.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-231108.jpg

This grow will be fully organic, so there will be no nutrient updates. I have an organic soil mix ready to go and will only need to water it once it has been transplanted. I have a early bloom mix ready for a top dressing at the start of flower and I have a high pk mix ready for a top dress towards the middle of flower :D

Haha thank you. I got this cabinet from IKEA, it was decently priced. I have used all kinds of things to grow in but this certainly looks the best. And the picture with the carbon filter is the back of the cabinet - There is nothing on the front, just a plain white door :) The filter is one of them oven hood carbon filters, works great to be fair!!

Haha thank you. I got this cabinet from IKEA, it was decently priced. I have used all kinds of things to grow in but this certainly looks the best. And the picture with the carbon filter is the back of the cabinet - There is nothing on the front, just a plain white door :) The filter is one of them oven hood carbon filters, works great to be fair!!
Ah yeah of course. I think I was looking at the same cabinet a while back. Perfect for a little stealth cab. Have you tested one of those filters with a plant in flower?

Ah yeah of course. I think I was looking at the same cabinet a while back. Perfect for a little stealth cab. Have you tested one of those filters with a plant in flower?
The cabinet works great, the only fault I have with it is the 2-4mm gap between the door and the frame. As the gap size varied, depending on where you measured it, those window draught excluder strips didn't work too good as it would fit in parts and then be too tight as it went along, if that makes any sense... I've found these self adhesive plastic strip that work really well, they block out 95% of the light leaking out, but nothing can get in most importantly, i have tested it with a camera inside the cabinet. The filters are tried and tested, they work perfect for a smaller grow and would need changing every 6-12 months as standard :D a pc fan is more than capable of pushing air through it at even 10% speed. They were only £12 for a pack of 2 which is a solid deal :eek:

The cabinet works great, the only fault I have with it is the 2-4mm gap between the door and the frame. As the gap size varied, depending on where you measured it, those window draught excluder strips didn't work too good as it would fit in parts and then be too tight as it went along, if that makes any sense... I've found these self adhesive plastic strip that work really well, they block out 95% of the light leaking out, but nothing can get in most importantly, i have tested it with a camera inside the cabinet. The filters are tried and tested, they work perfect for a smaller grow and would need changing every 6-12 months as standard :D a pc fan is more than capable of pushing air through it at even 10% speed. They were only £12 for a pack of 2 which is a solid deal :eek:
Nice. Might have to try one on my cabinet. Only use it for veg now so it doesn't need to handle the flower stench. Will save me a bit of space internally. Where did you get them?

It will be perfect for veg, i would guess it would last a lot longer too as there is less to filter in veg compared to flower. I got mine from ebay, they do different sized ones but i went with the smallest i could find which was around 17x17x5cm. Sure you can get them on amazon too. It would definitely free up a lot of space!

So thought I'd post an update as I am loving the structure of the plant already. Its very short and wide, the nodes are really tight, I'd say the LEDs are atleast 2ft away too. I will be topping it on the weekend and then maybe think about transplanting it to its final pot the weekend after. She's gone a bit droopy after a watering, but here she is :D

16118019963614837717166981191976.jpg

16118020737452093676996330086703.jpg

I will be transplanting in to an organic super soil mix consisting of Volcanic rock dust, Neem powder, Bat Guano, Epsom salts, Oyster shell flour, Fish Blood and bone, Dolomite Lime and Perlite. The plant will stay in this untill harvest and will only need amending with a top dress twice during flower using the Dr Forest organics :D

Just noticed on the latest pictures that the leaves are starting to look a little yellow. They have only been on water since the start so it might be time to give them a little something... But that's tomorrow's job as I have just had a smoke on some Biscotti

Transplanted a lot sooner than I planned as the growth was much quicker than expected. It was basically root bound already. Its now in its final pot. There is still some yellowing at the bottom which I suppose means it's still hungry, but it's nice and green above - the top dress I did the other day was only light which probably explains the continued yellowing, so hopefully now it's in its final pot it can thrive again. I used mycorrhizal fungi on the root zone, this should kick start the growth. Temps are 22 degrees and humidity is around 40% so that's all good, will have to see how it looks in a couple of days :D

20210201_002325.jpg

20210201_002545.jpg

20210201_002815.jpg

Back
Top Bottom