Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Nice harvest, dick23rk!

I saw your pics in the July 4th smoke-out thread and liked your two-headed cola. I've had that happen on a single branch of a plant before. I called it siamese branches as it was wide and flat like yours and had two holes feeding it.

Was your whole plant this way?

**Update - Day 110 - Amnesia Haze Harvest**

Here is the branch I had on an AK47 plant. Mine did not fork at the top as yours did but it had such a wide top of hair that I named it Carrot Top..ha!

carrot-top1.jpg

carrot-top2.jpg

carrot_top3.jpg

carrot_top4.jpg

Enjoy your harvest. Looks great!

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Hey GhettoGro, thanks for stopping by. This was the first time I had gotten branches or buds that looked like this. The twin headed bud was actually on a different branch from the naturally topped branch that split off. I thought it was neat to see after the buds were all trimmed up but yes, that twin branch actually had 2 feed vessels just like yours. Guess this can be a common thing to happen.

These little mutations are really cool to see. If you think about it, these mutations are similar to the same mutations that have happened to Cannabis over millions of years, making it what it is today. Survival of the fittest! Seeing a few of these mutations prompted me to look into others and I cam across this link that has some cool photo references on mutations of Cannabis. I'm not sure if it's against the rules to put this here, but if so the Mods can delete. 10 Odd Realities of Cannabis

Maybe I've been watching too much "Cosmos" lol.

These little mutations are really cool to see. If you think about it, these mutations are similar to the same mutations that have happened to Cannabis over millions of years, making it what it is today. Survival of the fittest! Seeing a few of these mutations prompted me to look into others and I cam across this link that has some cool photo references on mutations of Cannabis. I'm not sure if it's against the rules to put this here, but if so the Mods can delete. 10 Odd Realities of Cannabis

Maybe I've been watching too much "Cosmos" lol.

Sounds like something worth looking at! If only the link worked :( lol

Sounds like something worth looking at! If only the link worked :( lol

Hmmm weird....

If you happen to google "10 Odd Realities About Growing Cannabis Plants", you should come across the page.

:thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Great looking harvest, it is always so much fun to see the fruits of our labors:goodjob:

I love the bud picture with the oil:love:

Have a great vacation and we will be seeing your next adventure come September, I am sure this one will be even better then the 1st:thumb:

That's a poly something another... It has an extra gene and is supposed to be much stronger than the rest of the plant... Mt Batneys Blue Cheese did the same thing....:volcano-smiley:....:circle-of-love:
DSC05695_2_.JPG
DSC057608.JPG
Nice harvest, dick23rk!

I saw your pics in the July 4th smoke-out thread and liked your two-headed cola. I've had that happen on a single branch of a plant before. I called it siamese branches as it was wide and flat like yours and had two holes feeding it.

Was your whole plant this way?

Here is the branch I had on an AK47 plant. Mine did not fork at the top as yours did but it had such a wide top of hair that I named it Carrot Top..ha!

carrot-top1.jpg

carrot-top2.jpg

carrot_top3.jpg

carrot_top4.jpg

Enjoy your harvest. Looks great!

Hey dick finally found you on here ! Was great sampling the amnesia last night! Good smoke!

That's a poly something another... It has an extra gene and is supposed to be much stronger than the rest of the plant... Mt Batneys Blue Cheese did the same thing....:volcano-smiley:....:circle-of-love:

Thanks for letting me know Dennise :) I will be finding that double headed bud and setting it aside once cured lol

Hey dick finally found you on here ! Was great sampling the amnesia last night! Good smoke!

Good to see ya Bob, thanks for stopping by last night. I trust you're finding lots of good info browsing the forums here?

Those are some fine looking buds man!
Neatly trimmed.. ahh. . Watering mouth.. hehe the effect before cotton mouth lololol.
No but seriously well done!
I wish you a sublime vacation.
I have to say I'll miss your comments :)
But I will be fine. I look forward to seeing your next grow and which strains you opted to grow.
Peace & love.
May the energies of mother nature's medicine enlighten you.

Those are some fine looking buds man!
Neatly trimmed.. ahh. . Watering mouth.. hehe the effect before cotton mouth lololol.
No but seriously well done!
I wish you a sublime vacation.
I have to say I'll miss your comments :)
But I will be fine. I look forward to seeing your next grow and which strains you opted to grow.
Peace & love.
May the energies of mother nature's medicine enlighten you.

Thanks man. I can't wait for vacation, 20 more days! Haha. I will still try to stop in once a week or something to keep caught up on the journals, I'm always getting e-mail notifications as well that I can read. I can't wait to get my next grow going either, new strains should be here tomorrow if Canada Post pulls through! Thanks for stopping by again.

**Update / Ending of my journal**

Well hey everyone! Sorry for the delay on everything here with the finishing of my journal and such. I actually had to work all week so I got pretty busy with everything, maybe the oilfield is going to pick up a little around my parts :)

Anyways, I have some final weights on the Amnesia Haze ladies, lots of pictures and some more extracts as well. I also made that little tutorial for my oil that I told everyone I would make. This batch of oil didn't turn out quite as good as the last one did, I think I had the heat a little high and in a rush since it was so hot and humid here today. I got 4.4 grams of oil out of 42 grams of trim!
Here is the link to that .. How To - Hash Oil Extract With ISO

So, the final weights on both of the Amnesia ladies. Again I was pretty much on with my estimates, not sure how that happened again but I should have bought a lottery ticket to lol.
Amnesia #1 dry weight was 24.5 grams and Amnesia #2 was 27.5 grams

These girls buds have a more spicy smell and taste to them, loaded with trichomes they shine bright when getting their pictures taken. I am just trying to pull that last little bit of moisture out of the buds during the cure so the buds will smoke a little better, it has been so humid that it was a chore trying to dry since I don't have a dehumidifier. Hopefully they will be perfect to smoke in a couple of weeks! They are certainly a sativa dominant though, very uplifting and energetic, for sure a smoke for throughout the day!

I am happy with my outcome given the conditions and lives I have to these plants, they also taught me quite a bit in return. It was a great adventure and I can't wait to do it again come September. So now I guess I will get on with some pictures and throw them all up there. All pictures of the Amnesia Haze nugs and oil. Enjoy everyone! Thanks to all of you who have supported me and helped along my journey :thanks:

Well done :bravo: looking forward to your next grow after your vacation.

Thanks dirt, I can't wait either!! I think things are really going to get interesting after I get back. I am really hoping work has picked back up by then and getting lots of hours cause I'm going to need some upgrades, possibly build a small room in the basement during the winter. I won't know what to start with since I will have so many strains and ideas to choose from by then.

So many strains, so little time:high-five:

That's right OG, my line up for when I come back from vacation has gotten a bit longer this last week since winning some contests held by the wonderful Crop King Seeds whom I just got off the phone with :)

I will now have the following for my next grow which will be ongoing til summer next year...

Autoflower Fem Strains
-Trainwreck
-Revolver
-Candy Cane
-Amnesia Haze

Photoperiod Fem Strains
-CBDream
-CBDutch Treat
-Purple Kush
-Hash Plant

I think I am going to need a bigger grow space and some more equipment now! Haha I should have enough seeds now for a couple years at my rate of growing.

Back
Top Bottom