Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Cheers cheers hooray! Buds galore!
50 grams is pretty good. :) I remember as a teenager I'd smoke 25g in one month. How long will that last you do you think? I love seeing those buds hanging up to dry.
Congrats mate. I'm eager to see how the potency turns out.

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

hey looks good:thumb: I bought a bunch of those humidity packs too so hoping they work.

Thanks Demon. They seem to work ok for storage, I put one in my nug jar with a half oz I had that was pretty dry and had lost it's fluff. Next day when I came back to the jar the buds were starting to get fluffy again and weren't breaking up in my hands as much as they were before. So they seem to work so far.

Cheers cheers hooray! Buds galore!
50 grams is pretty good. :) I remember as a teenager I'd smoke 25g in one month. How long will that last you do you think? I love seeing those buds hanging up to dry.
Congrats mate. I'm eager to see how the potency turns out.

I wouldn't say buds galore but enough to keep me going for a bit. I would be happy with 50g out of the 2 of them but I'm not sure if I'm going to get that. Have been watching the buds as they dry and lots of them have shriveled up quite a bit. Will find out soon, the buds are starting to get a bit dry but the insides and stems are still spongy.

I am a pretty heavy user most times, especially since I have quit smoking. It may be more of habit sometimes due to no cigarettes anymore but I would much rather be smoking something that is helping me get through the day. If I get 50grams from these 2 plants, it will likely only last about a month since I usually smoke about 2-3 grams a day if I am at home or somewhere I can toke freely.

Looking very frosty :goodjob:

I read page one then did the typical stoners speed reading to the end (I looked at the pictures)
can not wait to hear your smoke report on this strain

Me too...:high-five:...:circle-of-love:

Looking good bud :thumb:

Don't be fooled by the looks of the wet bud... about 70%, 75% off wet weight is water plus stem so dry weight is some where between 20% to 30% of total mass once trimmed, Mmm ok i sat back & ran some figures on old grows it works out some where in the area.

Over the years i have had surprising results it is all very strain dependent on how the bud forms perhaps environmental conditions... i grew a northern lights strain & the buds where so small once dried it turn out to be one of most dense strains i've grown, those little buds turn out out like rock hard candy... Another the colas where the size of my fist very airy & little weight.

My last & only auto grow, some what smaller than your own all achieved about 1 oZ dry...

So don't judge a book a by its cover as it may well give you a jolly good kick :high-five:

Mmm 70% RH slow air dry ?

Might be a tad to high if that is what it tops out at ! might need longer for the slow air dry tho depending on ambient temp...

Some other points may need to be observered...

Mmm 70% RH slow air dry ?

Might be a tad to high if that is what it tops out at ! might need longer for the slow air dry tho depending on ambient temp...

Some other points may need to be observered...

Hopefully it will be alright, the buds are drying up thought for sure. Temperature in the drying cabinet was down to 20 today, maybe a little less over night but not much. It was up around 22. Most of this is caused from the outside weather lately, humidity outside is back down around 50% now so that should help. Good air flow though, windows and doors open around the house most times and small fan in the cabinet and I can open the doors enough that it doesn't let light in to allow my oscillating fan outside the grow room and cabinet blow fresh air towards it. So far so good, I don't mind if it takes longer, not like I'm sitting without any smoke at all lol

Thanks for stopping by Fuzzy and for the comments as well. You have helped out tremendously in this grow, I greatly appreciate that. Good luck in the MoTM contest as well! Be sure to pop back to see the Amnesia Haze being harvested, will be done by next weekend.

I love the 62% humidity packs... I think it makes curing a whole lot easier....:thumb:....:circle-of-love:

Hey Dennise, thanks for stopping by, always fun to catch the tail end of the show, it's the best part. :) 2 more to go next week!

This is my first time using the boveda packs. I see that a lot of people were using them for storage but now also to help cure, I figured for the price of them I might as well try them now. I currently have one sitting in my nug jar and I just pull some out of there when I want to smoke. It put a little bit of fluff back into some dry weed that I had picked up so I like them so far :)

**Update - Day 104 - Day 64 Flowering**

Apparently I can't upload pictures tonight, tried 4 or 5 different times. I have to wait for all the pictures to upload (slow internet) and then when I click on process it comes up and says unable to create picture and shows the filename, but each time I try this, it is a different picture that it happens with. Will try to upload them tomorrow.

Candy Canes are still drying and shriveling up in the cabinet. Got a bunch pea sized buds that will be thrown in with extracts after the dry weigh in. Buds still look very tasty and it's smells really sweet in the cabinet as well. Regardless of weight I am sure I will still be happy with the outcome of this harvest after curing :)

As for the Amnesia Haze sisters, they are looking delicious right now! They got their 2nd flushing yesterday with lots of run off. Some of the leaves are starting to lighten up now on their way to turning yellow. The sugar leaves towards the tops of the colas are starting to get sort of stiff and crispy as well, almost plastic looking. Should make for decent trimming I'm thinking. These gals will get 1 more flushing tomorrow and I will empty the reservoir after the run off is done to let them dry out some before their 48 hour dark period later this week.

Here is something I noticed earlier on Amnesia #2 that I thought was quite neat. At first I thought maybe it was foxtailing, but what it actually looks like is after the plant started flowering it decided it wanted to split a flower and make one bud have 2 heads to it. This is on the same plant that naturally topped one its branches and became 2, but not on the same branch unfortunately which would have made it that much cooler I think. Just though I would throw it up here since I just noticed it today, maybe it will look even better once trimmed up :)

Ok everyone, here is the pictures from yesterday that I couldn't get uploaded. I was still having some troubles earlier with pictures not showing up in the process list, lets see if we got it all figured out.

Here is Amnesia #1 @ 104 days old..

Here is Amnesia #2 @ 104 days old..

And this is the funny double headed bud that I was talking about at the end of my update. Neat looking thing.

Looking mighty fine there Dick. Those buds are coming along great. Lots of frosty goodness :yummy:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid, these ones certainly ended up more frosty and dense than the Candy Cane's.

Will have another update on the Amnesia's tomorrow along with some pictures of the dried Candy Cane buds and final dry weights before going into jars for curing!

Big update coming here very soon!! Lots of good pictures of the Amnesia haze ladies that will be going into 48 hours darkness tonight at lights off, also some pictures of my Candy Cane harvest as well as total weights!

**Amnesia Haze Update - Day 108 + Candy Cane Harvest**

Well, well, where do I start today? Lets start with the Amnesia's since they will be going into 48 hours darkness tonight at lights off. They will be harvested on day 110 at the end of week 10 in flower. Crop King suggested 8-9 weeks on this strain so they were pretty bang on, I let these girls go a little longer to get some amber trichomes showing before harvest.

These girls were very stress tolerant! It seemed like I could do whatever to them and they would just keep on growing and thriving. I will definitely enjoy growing this strain again in the near future and may have to order some more of these beans to set aside for the far future :) We will see how she smokes once these plants are all dry.

Not a whole lot to report about the ladies today really. The top of the main cola on Amnesia #1 is getting crusty or crunchy feeling. Is this normal? It is only this top as well, I don't think it was heat related since there were no other signs but it very well could have been a couple inches to close to the light. No worries, there's still lots of great looking trichomes there. Also got a little bit of color happening in these buds, makes them look a lot different than they did a couple weeks ago. Leaves are also starting to lose their color since they are all flushed out now. well, lets get on with the pictures!!

Here we have Amnesia #1...

And here is my favorite, Amnesia #2...

Now, time for the harvest update on the Candy Cane Auto's.

I really liked growing these 2 plants, each of them were totally different when it came to how they grew, what they liked and how they looked. It gave me a few little challenges throughout the grow this way so that it would get my mind working and start being able to notice differences between plants when it came to being able to tell what each one needed and what they didn't. To be honest, I bet I won't know what to expect when I grow out the other beans as well. It was great fun and I'm glad I got some tasty smoke.

So, I somehow eyeballed the almost exact dry weights of these 2 plants before even chopping them down. In an earlier post someone had asked me what I figured I would yield from them, I said 20g for #1 and 24g for #2. Miraculously, the dry weight of #1 was 20.5g and weight of #2 was 24.1g. I don't know how I got it so close, but I'm going to say it was a lucky guess. I also have 29 grams of sugar trim that will be made into oil later today!

Quick smoke report before curing.. Smoke is fairly smooth for not being cured yet, fills the lungs very nicely without the choking effect. It has a very sweet smell when I open the jars as well as a mostly sweet with a hint of spice taste after exhaling. The high is relaxing and more of a head high but not to strong. Still able to go about daily tasks but more laid back about it. Would be great for after work or for battling stress.

Now, on with a few more pictures to end the days update! I need to get into the garage and start making some oil extract :) Have a great day everyone!

Loving the dark purple jars!! Even with the lights on not much light gets through these at all. I will need to purchase some more of these for sure.

Candy Cane #1 harvest and buds!

Candy Cane #2 harvest and buds!

Looking forward to it!
I'm happy to see you made it. :)

It's above your post ^^^ haha Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom