Too Old's Indoor Hempy Auto Fem Candy Cane - 2014

1st day of flowering, always great to hear. By the way Too Old, we've planted a clone in nothing but Perlite & she's looking healthy on day 2. Your right though, you must water everyday.

A little bit of a delay in getting the pics up. We got caught up in the celebration. Turns out this may not be my last Christmas, after all. Anyway, here are the pics I promised (not sure why the auto-white adjust only worked on some).
Candy_Cane_009.jpg
Candy_Cane_007.jpg
Candy_Cane_004.jpg
Candy_Cane_001.jpg
CandyCane2014_028.jpg
CandyCane2014_026.jpg

Hey B A R - good luck on the hempy! Clones do really well in perlite. You should see rapid growth, and with topping and supercropping, you will have a monster. Just keep feeding, even twice or three times a day. I usually don't let it flow too heavily out of the drain, as this will tell you how much she needs on a daily basis. Have fun!

Thanxx Too Old.
with topping and supercropping , you will have a monster.
I already do my share of super-cropping & can be considered an extremest when it comes to topping.
Just keep feeding, even twice or three times a day. I usually don't let it flow too heavily out of the drain, as this will tell you how much she needs on a daily basis.
We keep everything in our Veg Tent in 2 big containers for drainage but after seeing how quick & heavy the Perlite drains I've put that pot in it's own drainage pan inside the container. I don't want to over water the rest of the plants while feeding that one.

Hey Doc, glad to hear it. Lots of good folks here that are willing to share and help.

Day 52, mini update - Apparently, I was incorrect about the stretch. I measured the ladies late last night, and either I measured them wrong last time, or they had a burst of growth. An incredible 2-1/2" and 2-1/4" spurt. Those numbers seem a little high so I'm going with poor methodology in the measurement department. In any case, WOW! Also trimmed off some of the popcorn sites and lower fans, as well as tucking some of the larger fans behind the bud sites. The smell is getting rather noticeable, I may have to fire up the filter soon. Good health to all and keep green.

the past few mornings I've been in the same boat (im at day 45) I always measure the light distance before bed, and when I wake up I have to triple check, then blame myself for doing a bad job lmao. I got another 1 1/2 out of both girls overnight!
Guess it just means we're giving them what they need mate:yummy:

So, me being lazy ... reading about having to water every day with hempy buckets, is wondering if that can not be mended ...

If I just hook up a waterpump to a reservoir, and pump nutrients through a dripline into the pots, catch the run-off in the reservoir again, would that not be the same thing, with less work ? Pump on a timer, profit ?

(with off course the issue that it might kill all plants if my reservoir goes south)

Good morning PJ - using a pump and reservoir was my first multi-plant method. I had six plants on the system and it worked fine. I had a 90 litre main reservoir that held the pump, a one inch main line from the pump and res to the tray, and a single 1/8" line to each plant. In order to get even distribution to the plant, off of each 1/8" line, I rigged up a "ring" of the 1/8" with four drippers surrounding the plant. The only real problem was that after each harvest, I had to replace the small line and drippers, they were too hard to clean and it was easier to just buy new ones. Hope this makes sense and helps.

As a prep for the finish, I decided to flush the two ladies. When I opened the door to the grow room, it was like walking into a tropical forest. The temps were at 90*F, and 80% humidity. All because we had a mini heat wave, all of two degrees above freezing. Apparently, that 600w HPS will heat a 10 x 10 room quite nicely. Finally got it cooled down to the high 70's by leaving the door open while I was flushing. One plant didn't even blink, the other, not so good. Definitely showing signs of heat stress when I left, I haven't been out this morning, almost afraid to go look. I guess Murphy is still alive and well. Stay green my friends, check your ladies often.

Im sure it will recover with a quickness, I've seen 8ft tall kush plants growing happily @ 90 degrees in Afghanistan. So with as much love as you give your girls, you're in the clear.

Dear too old,
Glad 2 hear this won't b your last Xmas after all. Don't know what 2 make of that, so I'll just wish u the best and not stick my nose where it doesn't belong.
U reminded me of my favorite gardening quote, from a little old Chinese lady neighbor of mine:
The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow. -Confucius
Happy holidays.

Thanks, jinn. I sure hope so.

Thanks Ranger. No problem asking, I posted it on a public forum. (Got a 95% "clear" from my oncologist.)

As usual, the positive vibes from our own djinn have had their effect, the ladies recovered and have had yet another growth spurt.

It's getting close, and I don't know how much time I can spend here after tonight, so in case I can't make it:

Wishing all the best to you and yours throughout this season. May you find peace and love wherever you are and wherever you go.

As usual, the positive vibes from our own djinn have had their effect, the ladies recovered and have had yet another growth spurt.

It's getting close, and I don't know how much time I can spend here after tonight, so in case I can't make it:

Wishing all the best to you and yours throughout this season. May you find peace and love wherever you are and wherever you go.

Im very happy everything rebounded for you brother! You take care of the girls well enough, I knew they wouldn't let you down.

And yeah its about that time isnt it, Im going to have to lock my girls away in two days and start the family time rituals.
May you and yours have a splendid holiday season my friend, keep safe!

Update - Day 55 from sprout - Day 5 Flowering - I was able to sneak out this morning and snap a few quick shots of the ladies. Just cola shots, but better than nothing. The one still seems to be suffering a little from the heat, but she's still growing, so that's a good sign. The other is totally oblivious to any discomfort I cause them, like she's a completely different strain, which is probably a good thing.
Candy_Cane_2014_001.jpg
Candy_Cane_2014_002.jpg
Candy_Cane_2014_003.jpg
Candy_Cane_2014_004.jpg
Candy_Cane_2014_005.jpg

Stay healthy, my friends, and keep growing.

I chased everyone out, sent them to relatives elsewhere, so I had some time. When I went to tend to the ladies, I found that the one that was showing stress had perked back up again. Which is good. But I noticed some other peculiarities, as well. Besides her overall appearance, there was something else not quite right. Her counterpart has, suprisingly, surpassed her in height. Understandable, if indeed, she was under stress for a couple of days. I also took note of how the two are flowering. While both have numerous and well developed bud sites, one plant has very few pistils per bud, and yet the other has nice white pistils sprouting profusely. Both top colas seem to have a minimal amount of pistil growth. I took this as maybe, with the stress symptoms, that I had the light too close. Thinking back to the last time I lifted the light, it dawned on me (no pun intended) that it was indeed last night. So maybe I was the cause of the stress. So I lifted the light again tonight, and I will check in the a.m. I also noticed that while they have increased their need for water and nutes, the pots are very heavy. So much so, that if they were photos, and I was using the "lift the pot" method, I probably wouldn't water them for three or four days. But, because they are hempys, this does not hold true. I did not feed them this evening, and will see how they fare in the morning. It has also been very mild here, hovering right around the freezing mark, so humidity has now swung to the high side, yet again. It is still early into flowering, so I don't think there is too much danger of bud rot setting in, but I will definitely have to entertain the idea of putting the dehumidifier in the room. I'm still not sure if I like these auto strains, there doesn't seem to be any stability to the strain, at least not this one. It's probably no different than learning on an automatic and switching to a standard, just gotta learn it. They are still healthy and still growing, so maybe it's not as bad as I think it is. Still a long way to go, another six weeks at least to harvest, and a lot can happen or not. Stay green and keep growing, my friends.

Back
Top Bottom