Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

It's above your post ^^^ haha Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Lol how did that happen.. haha.
Anyways again congrats on the successful grow.
It's great to see the results/fruits of your hard work are paying off. I like that you chose a very unique medium and grew amazing plants. When I see those dried buds I start drooling lol. :) Whats in store for the next grow you think?
Oh and I missed this but how long did you have to dry the buds and how long will they be cured for?

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Thanks again Kundal! Still haven't totally decided whats up for my next grow yet. Likely start with 2 plants and then add 2 more in a month of so after and try to go perpetual til next summer. I will have to order some more seeds from Crop King to do this but will get to try some more strains :) I guess you will have to find me in September and see what I have decided on fully :) lol

The Candy Canes dried at around 70% humidity but took I think it was 6 days, they had lots of air circulation. I could have went another day or 2 but didn't want them getting crispy in there. Curing will likely be 2-3 weeks I figure :)

Well, I didn't get any sort of tutorial done one making my oil this go around, but I will be sure to do so on the next batch after my trim from the Amnesia Haze girls is dry. I got caught up doing more than 1 thing yesterday while making the oil and didn't get a chance to grab pictures during the process. This is my Candy Cane oil extract though, and wow is it ever yummy! :) :cco::cco::cco: :)

Have a dab of this everyone!!

SAM_29441.JPG
SAM_2955.JPG
SAM_2953.JPG

Is that ever cool ey that oil.
Happy Canada day brother. I'll definitely come and visit your next grow. My current one will be finished then too. Harvest will be end of August.
I'm also browsing for feminized seeds.
Cropking seeds is also a potential. It seems to be high quality. ;)

Is that ever cool ey that oil.
Happy Canada day brother. I'll definitely come and visit your next grow. My current one will be finished then too. Harvest will be end of August.
I'm also browsing for feminized seeds.
Cropking seeds is also a potential. It seems to be high quality. ;)

Yup, I love the oil, tastes great. I'm sitting here in the garage hitting a few globs right now actually lol.
Happy Canada day to you as well!
Definitely check out Crop King, they may not advertise about sending freebies, but you may get free seeds or you may get some free swag :) Either way they are great to deal with and have some pretty awesome contests here on 420!

I've heard good thing about Crop Kings. I'll have to check them out as well. :thumb:

Certainly worth looking into, I would recommend them for their service and genetics! The Candy Canes weren't the buds I was expecting but still very good smoke. I heard they had some issues with this strain and were getting males but that may be rumor. I am really loving how the Amnesia Haze grew, I think these 2 are my prize winners this time around.

Well, I didn't get any sort of tutorial done one making my oil this go around, but I will be sure to do so on the next batch after my trim from the Amnesia Haze girls is dry. I got caught up doing more than 1 thing yesterday while making the oil and didn't get a chance to grab pictures during the process. This is my Candy Cane oil extract though, and wow is it ever yummy! :) :cco::cco::cco: :)

Have a dab of this everyone!!

SAM_29441.JPG
SAM_2955.JPG
SAM_2953.JPG

Love the colour, looks yum. Would love a recipe :) I have tons of sugar leaf to use up ;) pps waiting patiently over here for those Amnesias to make an appearance.

Love the colour, looks yum. Would love a recipe :) I have tons of sugar leaf to use up ;) pps waiting patiently over here for those Amnesias to make an appearance.

Amnesia Haze are sitting in the dark still, tomorrow night we will go at trimming them up and harvesting. will likely post that Sunday morning unless I find enough time tomorrow night after the chop.

I will get you a tutorial on the next batch with Amnesia's. If you are lucky maybe I will do a video walk-through of how I make mine. This will be my first time making a video of that sort so it may not be the greatest but I will try. I can snap pictures while I am recording I'm pretty sure so if i screw up the video I will have something else to work with haha!

Great job, Bro & +REPS for your first grow! :welldone:

I'm sorry I'm so late to the party or I would given some answers & advice sooner (although, you made out fine without it! :cheesygrinsmiley: ).

First, no one asked the question, but on the first page of your journal you indicated you germ'd the seeds in RO water. Assuming you were using RO water throughout the grow, THAT is the reason for the calcium deficiency! Tap water will have trace amounts of calcium and magnesium that are typically sufficient for the plant since they don't require these minerals in high doses.

With RO water, the calcium and magnesium are stripped out, so, when growing with RO water, it's good practice to add Cal-Mag to the nutrient solution, at least periodically.

Next, it's fine to use H202 with hydro (hempy is considered "passive hydro") ASSUMING you're using synthetic nutrients and NOT organic nutrients (which I typically don't recommend for hydro, but hempy would be more tolerant) since the H2O2 would kill the organics.

Rather than (or, in addition to!!!) H2O2, I HIGHLY recommend Dutch Master's Zone product. It's a "root zone optimizer" with copper, which acts as a fungicide. It can be used in conjunction with H2O2 but again, should not be used with organics.

I hope this info helps, even if a little late! :Namaste:

Hey Mr Krip! Thanks a lot and no worries about being late, we are still here and have a few more updates to go. Harvest will be tomorrow night on the last 2 but I will still need to update on final weights, smoke reports, extract tutorial etc. :)

That info actually makes a ton of sense and I'm surprised I didn't figure that out throughout the grow. I will have calmag for the next grow for sure. I used the 3-part General Hydroponics Micro/Gro/Bloom and on the bottle it says the nutes are good for both hydro and organic. I have thought about buying a complete line and was going to stick with GH but not to sure which route to go. I like their prices and the ease of use, but if there is something else with similar prices and better results I would be interested in trying it out. I have looked at other lines of nutes but it's always a hard decision. I plan to stay hydro for a while and keep trying my hand at that, maybe some day I will switch over and try organics.

Thanks again for the advice and info, I really appreciate it. Maybe you will find my next grow in September after vacation. Take care!

damn, wish I could have gotten mine to grow that good lol. congrats on the awesome buds. I did end up with two male candy canes, but that could have been my fault too, who knows. looking forward to that oil tutorial. :goodjob::bravo:

You will still get some good smoke from your plants demon! You had ran into a couple troublesome issues over there, it happens to the best of us. Now that you have had those issues you will know what to do or not to do in the next grow and I bet they will grow even better :) Just have to keep your mind to it!

I have heard a couple people talking about males with their Candy Canes, makes a person wonder if it is a genetic issue or if it's something each grower is doing. By the sounds of it though it's something genetic. I will find out what my other Candy Cane seeds do, first 2 were fine.

Not sure who this is ^^^ But they need to get gone and not be spamming peoples threads with scams..

Hey bud i hoped you enjoyed your first hempy grow & how do you feel about your first grow ?

The next strain ah... still sticking with auto's ? or perhaps a fem photo period might tempt you !

So many to grow & experience i rarely grow the same strain twice these days... i quite like my head highs with a touch of body as it doesn't effect my PC gaming FPS or high octane gaming experience to much, some times enhanced.

The couch lock stuff is not good for PVP i find... bit like i'm back to the spawn point again ho hum !

If only i had a mother plant tent for a touch of this or that for the right occasion i'll be made :green_heart:

Hey again Fuzzy Duck! Feeling pretty good about my first indoor educated grow. Very glad that I went to buying new seeds from such a reputable company like Crop King, it made a world of difference compared to growing random bag seeds I had collected. Also growing indoors is much easier for me where I live now and I like that I had no big bug issues this way.

When I start my next grow after my vacation I am thinking about doing an Autoflower perpetual grow and have it end around June next year in time for us to vacation again back east to see family. We will see what the funds will allow for when we come back and start up another grow, I need to invest in some grow room supplies to upgrade first. I will likely start out my grow with 2 Amnesia Haze Auto right away when I come back and then order seeds again to start 2 more 1 month into the grow and keep going like that. Hopefully I will be able to expand my grow space and purchase another light or 2 some time close to winter. I am certainly interested to get trying different strains.

Sounds just fine & enjoy the endeavours of your harvest, i always take great delight in sampling a new strain :thumb:

Have a great vacation some where sunny i hope !

Ye auto's are getting quiet a fan base these days in the perpetual grow style...

You will still get some good smoke from your plants demon! You had ran into a couple troublesome issues over there, it happens to the best of us. Now that you have had those issues you will know what to do or not to do in the next grow and I bet they will grow even better :) Just have to keep your mind to it!

I have heard a couple people talking about males with their Candy Canes, makes a person wonder if it is a genetic issue or if it's something each grower is doing. By the sounds of it though it's something genetic. I will find out what my other Candy Cane seeds do, first 2 were fine.

thanks, yeah that's what I'm hoping. the buds still look huge I'm just hoping they fully developed before the plant dies on me. definitely learned a lot from this grow though and it was mostly a test run before I start the photos. you should try the early miss next if your sticking with autos, even all my problems they are still growing some nice buds :thumb:

Sounds just fine & enjoy the endeavours of your harvest, i always take great delight in sampling a new strain :thumb:

Have a great vacation some where sunny i hope !

Ye auto's are getting quiet a fan base these days in the perpetual grow style...

Yes sir, I sure will enjoy :)

Thanks a lot, we will be heading to Nova Scotia. I will hope for sunny days and relaxing at the salt water beaches with some great friends and family along with smoke and some beers!!

thanks, yeah that's what I'm hoping. the buds still look huge I'm just hoping they fully developed before the plant dies on me. definitely learned a lot from this grow though and it was mostly a test run before I start the photos. you should try the early miss next if your sticking with autos, even all my problems they are still growing some nice buds :thumb:

I am sure you learned quite a bit as did I with this indoor grow for me. I have grown for a few years but now that I moved indoors it was a whole new ball game as well I tried hempy buckets and hydro for the first time. It all takes time and some will fair out better than others but in the end, its about what was learned throughout and then learning how to improve for next time!

I am quite sure that I will try the early miss. I am thinking I will get through the whole autoflower list at Crop King when I come back from vacation :)

**Update - Day 110 - Amnesia Haze Harvest**

Hey everyone, hope you are all having/had a great long weekend both in Canada and the USA! I know I am! :party:

This will be a quick harvest update for the Amnesia Haze ladies. I will have to add in the drying cabinet pictures next time around, for some reason when I went to upload the pictures from my camera to the laptop the few I took of the cabinet disappeared, not really sure what happened. :thedoubletake:

Again, I didn't do a wet weight. I leave everything on the stems for ease of drying so it would almost be a hassle to weigh it all on my tiny scale. For me, I get what I get and I will be happy either way since I know it will be great smoke. Judging by the density of the buds I should fair out pretty good and these ones won't shrink up as much as the Candy Cane's did. I am going to do a random guess at 26 grams dry for Amnesia #1 and 29 grams for #2. There very well could be a little more than that there, depends how dense these buds stay really.

Not a whole lot to say about them yet, will see how long these buds take to dry, I'm guessing a week. I'm sure these one's are going to be something special to just by looking at them. They are the frostiest things I have ever grown! Got lots of sugar trim in the box drying to be used for more oil :cco:

Back
Top Bottom