Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Hey buddy.... I haven't stopped by in a bit. All the ladies look amazing. Couple things if I may suggest.... #1 bigger containers= bigger plants/buds. My candy cane plants weight was hurt by the 1gal pots I grew in. #2 I barely defoliated mine, maybe you did a little to much? And they didn't have enough energy to fully fill in. Just some suggestions. They all still look great man. Can't wait to get a smoke report on your candy :)

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Looking good over there dick how's those smells I can only imagine great job can't wait to see how much weight it gets these last few days

Hey stewie, thanks! Smells are pretty strong lately around here, I'm loving it :) I can't wait to see a final weight either given the conditions these plants were grown in. Buds are fattening up some lately so should be acceptable for me.

nice two weeks and those buds are gonna be monsters. was wondering the same thing, I keep sticking my head in my tent to take a big whiff lol. think I can smell a little spiciness from the amnesia but not sure. I bet candy cane smells awesome.:hippy:

I am hoping they will be monsters but I don't think they will fatten up quite that much haha. Will see what the next week or so brings with just water and molasses for the candy canes. Them amnesia's will get a nice spicy smell to them, I love how they smell right now. Candy Canes are a more faint sweet smell.

oh I worder if the candy cane is being overpowered by the amnesia. I have no clue how the early miss is supposed to smell. I heard the last two weeks is when the buds stops growing vertically and start fattening up. guess I always hope for monster buds when I see one whether it's mine or not lol. Goodluck and :goodjob:

Hey buddy.... I haven't stopped by in a bit. All the ladies look amazing. Couple things if I may suggest.... #1 bigger containers= bigger plants/buds. My candy cane plants weight was hurt by the 1gal pots I grew in. #2 I barely defoliated mine, maybe you did a little to much? And they didn't have enough energy to fully fill in. Just some suggestions. They all still look great man. Can't wait to get a smoke report on your candy :)

Hey bud, missed your post yesterday while I was on here. Thanks for stoppin by again :)
I had been sort of wondering if it was something else I was doing that was affecting bud size aside from the growing conditions. Can't be the containers since they are in 5gal buckets, I don't think they would be root bound in there. It is possible I defoliated to much for the Candy Canes since Candy #2 didn't really seem to like it as much as #1. I had only planned on defoliating the 1 time as well and ended up that I had to do it a 2nd time due to to many leaves and not enough light. Next grown with this strain I will be trying a lot more training with less defol. It is possible that they needed more energy from those leaves. I wish there was more journals on this strain so I could see what others did and compare them all. Oh well, we will see how well they fatten up by the end of week 9, I am sure I will be harvesting them by then and letting the amnesia's go another 2 weeks.

oh I worder if the candy cane is being overpowered by the amnesia. I have no clue how the early miss is supposed to smell. I heard the last two weeks is when the buds stops growing vertically and start fattening up. guess I always hope for monster buds when I see one whether it's mine or not lol. Goodluck and :goodjob:

It is possibly that the Amnesia's are overtaking the Candy Canes, they are very stinky, but I love it :) Yesterday I actually noticed that the smell isn't quite as strong as it was, this could be that I am getting so used to the smell being around the house and from poking my head in to check on them all. If you get right up to the flowers you can smell the distinct differences though. I am pretty sure my buds have stopped growing vertically by now, I haven't been measuring like I should have been. Just remember that when your plants get close to the recommended harvest time from the breeder that it will likely be a couple of extra weeks on top of that depending on the type of high you're looking for. We will see what the next week and a half of flushing brings :)

Lo bud & long time no visit ye got distracted some where along the lines.

The girls are looking nice 'n' frosty are you planning on flowering longer or have you started flushing yet ?

Lo bud & long time no visit ye got distracted some where along the lines.

The girls are looking nice 'n' frosty are you planning on flowering longer or have you started flushing yet ?

Flowering the Candy Cane's about 2 weeks longer than Crop King suggests. They all just started week 8 over the weekend, Candy Cane is supposed to be a 7 week strain but by looking at the trichomes at the end of week 6 they were still showing about 50% clear so I decided to wait longer. On the weekend they were only showing about 5% maybe a little more of clear trichs left so I started the flush then (end of week 7)

Still having a close look at the Amnesia Haze ladies but there is around 25% still clear. This is a recommended 8-9 week strain as it is a more sativa dominant, they will likely end up going an extra couple weeks as well. Likely start flushing these ones during week 9 somewhere depending on trichs. I want these 2 ladies to be my hard hitting stone with more medicinal effects so they may take longer to reach about 25% amber and 75% cloudy.

Thanks for stopping by again bud, sure glad to have you around here :)

Aye ya on track bud :thumb:

Yield looks around Oz plus per plant off the top of my head that is pretty good !

So the burning question is :smokin: what do have lined up next, plans or ideas ?

I haven't really decided on what my plans are next time. They will be the same 2 strains again I know this, likely 2 of each and then I will save the 1 seed left in each pack. Just to keep my costs down on upgrading equipment and such I think I am going to do the hempy buckets again since they worked so well for me this time and I can re-use more materials. There will one way or another be an exhaust system installed and the DIY tent will be modified a little to get it sealed up better along with making filtered intake ports to keep dust out.

I guess the big things that will change plant wise will be a lot more training to get more main colas and a flat canopy so that my light is more evenly spaced over the top of the plants (height control training for myself) :) If the plants allow I would like to try and top twice as well so that my 2 tops will also be topped. I am not to sure on that one yet though since flowering starts relatively early with these 2 strains and they seemed like slow growers over the first few weeks compared to soil grows I've seen that take right off. The other change that will happen will be that they will be grown under 18/6 light cycle and not 12/12 like these ones have been, hopefully this is going to change my yield considerably from this harvest.

have you considered trying FIM on them? might be less stress on the autos and you get 4 tops instead of two. haven't tried it though so not sure if it's better or not. :thumb:

have you considered trying FIM on them? might be less stress on the autos and you get 4 tops instead of two. haven't tried it though so not sure if it's better or not. :thumb:

That's actually what I did to 2 of these girls I'm growing now :) Amnesia and Candy #2 both have 4 main tops, might be hard to see in some of the pics now but it is farther back in the journal when I made the cuts for the FIM. Maybe next grow I will FIM 2 and TOP 2 under 18/6 light cycle to do another side x side experiment like I did here.

That's actually what I did to 2 of these girls I'm growing now :) Amnesia and Candy #2 both have 4 main tops, might be hard to see in some of the pics now but it is farther back in the journal when I made the cuts for the FIM. Maybe next grow I will FIM 2 and TOP 2 under 18/6 light cycle to do another side x side experiment like I did here.

oh my bad I meant pinching the top, not sure why I said fim lol. seems like pinching would be less stressful but haven't tried it. supposedly you can do it to seedlings though if the roots are established enough so seems low stress.:high-five:

Yes, I FIM'd these girls at about week 2 so they were pretty much still in the seedling stage. Growth is a little slower starting with the hempy buckets rather than soil so it took a little longer than I expected on this grow to be able to get my FIM done. I thought about just pinching the top off to make the FIM but they were still way to small at the time for me to feel comfortable getting my fingers in there so I used some extra sharp snips, sliced right thru :) Not really sure which way would be less stressful though, pinching or snipping.

**Update - June 14th - Day 92 - 54 Flowering**

Hey again everyone got a quick update here tonight, I ended up getting busy here earlier today and didn't get my update done after taking pictures. I was also experimenting with the camera again so please forgive me for some of the pictures :thanks:

All the girls are still running healthy, no signs of issues or bugs (aside from the odd fly or spider in the area) and they all got their full feeding/flush today as well.

Amnesia Haze's, not a lot to say really they are looking great I think. 7.5 weeks in now and they will still go another week or 2 before flushing starts on them. Didn't get a chance to check any trichomes today but will update this next time. Both were fed today 2 liters each with just under a liter runoff roughly.

Candy Cane's are going strong and trying to pack on some weight, I noticed some of the branches on #2 are starting to flop around a bit and bend over. The buds aren't even that big yet so I'm hoping this is the swelling time since they are drooping that way. They got their 2nd flush plus molasses today 2 liters each with some runoff, will get them again in a couple days with plain RO water to help push everything out of the bucket and then will commence with molasses again after that until dry up and dark period.

Has gotten a couple of degrees warmer in the basement I figure in the last couple of days with the hot and humid air we had hovering around for a bit. Temps were up to 24 C in the middle of the day and roughly 19 at night with humidity at 60% mid day and around 70-75% at night as long as it cools off some. I have been cracking the door at night and keeping the air blowing in and circulating, I haven't had any issues with moisture on buds or leaves yet since defoliating so this is a good sign.

Otherwise that's it for the day, lets get on with the pictures of these frosty gals!! Thanks all for stopping by the garden. best of luck and take care! :thanks:

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

**Update - June 18th - Day 96 - Day 56 Flower**

Here we are at the end of week 8 everyone! 1 more week to go hopefully on the Candy Cane ladies which are looking delicious so far and seem to be enjoying their flush. Roughly 3 more weeks I am figuring for the Amnesia Haze sisters which will start getting flushed in 1-2 weeks. :cheer:

This will be a pretty short update, there really isn't anything to report. The buds are fattening up some on both strains, I think I am noticing some new white pistils appearing on the Candy ladies and I also haven't seen any signs of leaves yellowing yet either.

This grow has been relatively easy going for the most part, but I wouldn't have made it what it is right now if it wasn't for all you wonderful people that have either stopped by with good comment and humor or the ones that have come to the rescue with helpful info and knowledge. Thank you to each and every one of you, you are all great! :thanks:

Here we go with the picture show of all these pretty ladies! I decided to start putting up large pictures again instead of having to click on each one every time. Enjoy!

Amnesia Haze #1

Amnesia Haze #2

Candy Cane #1

Candy cane #2

Thanks all, greatly appreciated. I actually took a small clipping of each strain last night before lights out and is drying now, took from Candy #2 and Amnesia #2. Each clipping is just enough for a pipe bowl or 2 if I'm lucky, I am looking to see where these plants are right now and what kind of high they have to offer at this point. I will be sure to let you all know in a few days when it's dry how it smokes and tastes. The amnesia haze may not have much of a good taste right now still being fed but that's fine. Want to be sure I will be harvesting right around the times I'm looking for.

I made some oil today out of the trim from my 2nd defoliation. Majority of the trim had some sort of trichome production on it and likely would have been mostly clear trichs when the defoliation was done. I let it sit after drying in a cooler with some other extraction goodies and by the time I took it out today to make a small batch of dabs a lot of the trichomes were starting to turn amber, could see it with the naked eye. I never did weigh the trim before making the oil but there would have been enough to cram pack a ziploc sandwich bag or loosely fill 2 of them. I ended up with a nice little half gram blob of some really clean smoking and golden oil, it tastes really good and has a long lasting couch lock high. I sat here and got caught up on journals for like 2 hours straight after having a couple of dabs!

All-in-all, pretty good smoke as a treat. Just wanted to throw that in there. If the oil is this good, I can't wait to try the buds!

Back
Top Bottom