Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

The grow toy wish list gets a little shorter.. :high-five: 420 microscope is an essential for sure. No messing around to figure when to chop. Also very good thinking on the coloured Mason jars, very clever... New grow toys are always fun, enjoy!

KiG :green_heart:

That's right, I certainly needed this stuff. Not so much the snips but they were only $4.00!! I couldn't turn that down since I wanted to try them out and test the quality. They had good reviews.

I had thought about getting one of the digital microscopes so I could snap the pictures and they would directly upload to the computer, but I can wait on that, need to save money for our trip in July :) The one I got was relatively cheap and is a good size so it's easier to handle unlike the small ones. I had to borrow my buddies to have a look at them for now but he will need it back in the coming days.

Yes the mason jars were a great find as well, originally $17.00 I think for the 6 and I got them for 10 bucks. I used to have all kinds of jars until we moved, only brought the stuff we really needed.

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

**Update - May 31st - Day 78 - Day 38 flowering**

Hey all, this will be an update with pictures from yesterday (day 77) since I got all the ladies fed and had their photos taken yesterday afternoon and then my car parts finally came in so that's what I ended up getting diverted to for the rest of the afternoon/evening out in the garage fixing her up.

So here we are now in the middle of week 6 flowering and things are looking pretty good I think. It's really getting stinky around here lately and I still can't pick out the smells that they are giving off either. It seems like a very pungent sweet smell still. Some of the buds are starting to thicken up a little as well and are looking pretty colorful with some pistils turning amber.

The ladies are getting the final week on my nutrient schedule now, this feeding will be fed from now on until it's time to flush for all of them. Week 6's scheduled feeding contains of the following..
Micro - 6ml, Gro - NONE, Bloom - 20ml, Armour Si - 1ml, Molasses - 1tsp
Once week 6 is complete I will also stop feeding armour si as well and I may experiment with trying to add more bloom to the feed if the plants will allow it. Will see what the end of this week brings and how they are looking then.

Also, before I forget!!! I found out yesterday that we will now be home for the month of July and I will be able to grow these ladies out to their full potential and harvest them right where I want them to be in terms of effects. We have changed our plans and will now be away for the month of August instead and will drive back here over Labor Day weekend. This actually gives us a little more vacation time so I'm not complaining :) As well I will be able to properly store and cure my harvest during this time!

That's about it for today, I will be back later this week sometime with another update on how things are going. By this time next week my package should be here and I will have a better microscope to use. Supposed to be here on my birthday, 1 week from today :) Lets get on with the pictures!! Take care everyone, thanks for stopping by.

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

That is fantastic news Dick. Man I was a bit bummed out for you that you may have to chop these girls early. To put in all that work and not be able to get the best results possible would be a shame. What a relief it must be for you. Now to just let these ladies do their thing while you relax and enjoy.

Looking good man, I'm glad you are able to finish them and not rush it. Keep the updates coming.:bravo:

That is fantastic news Dick. Man I was a bit bummed out for you that you may have to chop these girls early. To put in all that work and not be able to get the best results possible would be a shame. What a relief it must be for you. Now to just let these ladies do their thing while you relax and enjoy.

Thanks guys! Yeah I am more relieved now knowing I wont be hurting my harvest by chopping early. I will be able to wait until all the trichs are right where I want them now and get the effects I'm looking for. Only downfall to not going back east in July is that's just one month longer I have to wait to see my family and friends and hit up the salt water beaches!! Oh well, I will have some great product all cured and ready to smoke while I'm gone so I can't complain either way :)

Waw those plants are looking incredible!
They are fattening up really well ey. That's going to be a great yield man. I'll show them pics to my plants so that they will be inspired to create the same frosty buds :)
Peace and love my friend.

**Update - Day 81 - Day 41 Flowering**

Hey everyone, this will be my update from a few days ago. I got pretty busy again this week with life and trying to get things done between work and home. So this will just be a quick update and pictures, I will start on the 2nd update for today after I am done this one and the pictures are uploaded.

Girls got fed on this day, I upped the intake of bloom by 2ml/gal again for all of them since they looked like they could take it. Since doing that I have seen the tips get just a slight burn on the amnesia's so they are now at their max intake for this set of nutrients. The Candy Cane's haven't shown any tip burning at all but I will leave their nutrient intake the same since they should be the first to be harvested anyways. Nutes now are - Micro 6ml - Gro None - Bloom 22ml - Armour Si 1ml - Molasses 1tsp

Buds have been fattening up lately which is a nice sign to see lately. I find it is really noticeable in the next updates pictures, lets hope they keep swelling at this rate or more :)

I will get on with the pictures for now and then get started on the next update for you all.
Thanks for all the gathering support over the past couple of months as well, it has really kept me going along with all the other journals and fun around the 420 community. I really appreciate it, thanks everyone!

Amnesia #1

Amnesia#2

Candy #1

Candy #2

I think I feel safe cutting away fans after looking at your ladies. They look great:drool:

**Update - Day 84 - Day 44 Flowering**

Well here we are nearing the middle of week 6 of a 7 and 8-9 week strain (according to crop king) and the girls are starting to fatten up more than they were before, really starting to look like nice buds on the Amnesia ladies. One of the Candy Cane girls buds are starting to fatten up while the other seems to be a little behind, concerning since this was supposed to be the 7 week strain but we will see what the trichomes are saying this week when my microscope comes in. Should be here tomorrow on my birthday! :happy-birthday: to me :)

Girls all got fed again today, 2 liters each with good runoff. PH tested the reservoir water before the feedings and all were sitting right around 6.5 Water going in at feedings right now is in the low 5 range, the plants seem to like this since they only get watered about every 3 days. As the plants take up the nutrients they can at the low 5 PH range, the PH in the reservoir rises and the plants are then able to take up the rest of the nutrients at the higher 5 to low 6 ph range. Seems to be working well for me and the plants so far so I can't complain at all.

Temperatures and humidity levels haven't changed a whole lot. Temp is still around 22C day/16-18 night and RH has changed, I am getting 55-60% during the day and between 70-85% at night depending on what the weather has been like. Again this is with no exhaust, just having the door cracked open 1/3 of the way blowing in fresh air in and circulating it. At night before we go to bed I will crack the door a little to let humid air escape.

Smells are getting a lot stronger this past week. I have started to narrow the smell of the Amnesia's down to a more citrus fragrance with a hint of spice to it while the Candy ladies both are smelling more sweet and pungent.
The looks of these ladies are getting a lot more delicious looking as they get more color, hard to believe sometimes I am growing something that looks so beautiful :)

That's pretty much it for this update everyone, please take a few moments to enjoy some pictures :)
Take care all! Thanks for all the support! :thanks:

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

I think I feel safe cutting away fans after looking at your ladies. They look great:drool:

It's one of those things that you have to decide on when to do and how much. There are lots of different ways to do it my opinion. I didn't do any defol during the veg stage since these are auto's, all I did was the transplant and FIM, I may plant directly into final bucket next time from seed to avoid transplant. I forget now what days I did my defoliating on but you can go back and have a look, some people set certain days in which to do it, I just did it when I felt it was needed. I also only wanted to have to do it once, but it didn't work out that way and I had to go with the 2nd. Defoliating like this during flowering rather than just a few fan leaves is considered a high stress training so ya need to be careful sometimes, make sure your trimming tools and everything are clean. This will set your plants into shock for at least a couple of days with no growth. It's always better to do most of it at once rather than little bits over many days IMO, because this will keep stunting the plants growth over a longer period of time, try to keep the time you do it to a bare minimum of 1 or 2 times.

You could make some kick ass dry sift with these. Look at all that frost, my god, it looks like there was a snow storm in your grow room. You may have one already, but if not you should look into one of those twisty grinders with the screen at the bottom. Auto dry sift as you bust up your nugs. :thumb: Here is a random one.
20160328_102747.jpg

wow hope mine turn out this good :bravo: I've just started flowering but seems to me already like the amnesia haze is outpacing my candy cane and early miss. not sure if that means the buds will just be bigger or ready for harvest earlier. looking forward to seeing how big those buds of yours get. :tokin:

Looking great! Nice bunch, really good results with the hempy style ey. Amazing to read how many nutrients they're getting. :) Keep it real!

Thanks bud, I am getting some decent results with the hempy's. Still thinking maybe I should have gone with 3gal buckets but we will see what kind of root structure there is at harvest. I am liking how easy and clean the setup is though.
My GH nutrients may be weaker than other lines of nutrients out there so this could be why they are able to take so much per gallon of water.

You could make some kick ass dry sift with these. Look at all that frost, my god, it looks like there was a snow storm in your grow room. You may have one already, but if not you should look into one of those twisty grinders with the screen at the bottom. Auto dry sift as you bust up your nugs. :thumb: Here is a random one.
20160328_102747.jpg

It is quite frosty, I'm loving that part as well as the aromas lately. I do actually have a grinder sort of like that, it is only a 3 tier one rather than 4 like the one you have shown. I got it free from Crop King with my order, only down fall of it is sometimes the ground up product gets stuck in between the grinding section and the screen since it doesn't have the extra section for the weed to fall into and then be sifted. It still does the trick though in small amounts and collects as it should :)

wow hope mine turn out this good :bravo: I've just started flowering but seems to me already like the amnesia haze is outpacing my candy cane and early miss. not sure if that means the buds will just be bigger or ready for harvest earlier. looking forward to seeing how big those buds of yours get. :tokin:

I must have missed this journal when browsing thru the list from time to time or I would have stopped in to have a look at what you got going on, will stop in shortly. The amnesia haze plants threw me off as well as they progressed really fast compared to my candy canes. Don't let them fool you either, my anmesia's are still showing 50-60% clear trichomes (roughly half clear and half cloudy) and my candy cane's are now about 85-90% cloudy trichomes (mostly cloudy, only a few clears in each spot I look) The amnesia haze buds will likely be the bigger ones over the candy cane's.

These look so good :)

Thanks Rastas, just on autopilot for now and feeding away. Will likely start flushing my candy canes by this weekend :)

**Update - June 11th - Day 89 - Day 49 Flowering**

Hey everyone, here we are with another update. I have been a little slack lately with getting updates done when I plan on it, something always comes up or I end up working lol. No big deal though, things are going pretty smoothly here in my little garden. We are now on the last day week 7 and starting the first day of week 8 tomorrow :)

I have cut back my bloom nutrients to 20ml/gal again, the Amnesia's didn't really like going up to 22ml and got a little burned at the tips, nothing major though. They are still getting their 6ml/gal Micro and 1ml Armour Si. These girls still have another couple of weeks to go by the looks of it before I think about flushing them. It is recommended to be a 8-9 weeks strain but I am still seeing quite a few clear trichomes and with these 2 girls I am going more for 75% cloudy and 25% amber. If I start flushing in 2 weeks that will be 11 weeks total flowering which I am okay with, but no longer than that for sure. :roorrip:

Both of the Candy girls have started their flush today and are now getting straight RO water with 1tsp/gal molasses. These girls were recommended as a 7 week strain by Crop King but they were not quite where I wanted them to be a week ago to start flushing. They now have about 95% cloudy trichomes, it's getting hard to spot or focus in on the clear ones. I would like these 2 girls to be all cloudy when I harvest, if I get a few amber trichs I am not concerned either way. Now on with their 7-10 day flush depending on trichomes and then 48 hours darkness before harvest!! This will make these girls have almost 9 weeks flowering total. :cheer:

So, that's pretty much my update for the day/week, will be back in a few days I'm sure with another. Not much else happening here to report, just enjoying the smells and sight of buds. Lets hope these Candy Canes fatten up some during the flush :) Now, on with the pictures!!

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

Looking good over there dick how's those smells I can only imagine great job can't wait to see how much weight it gets these last few days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using 420

nice two weeks and those buds are gonna be monsters. was wondering the same thing, I keep sticking my head in my tent to take a big whiff lol. think I can smell a little spiciness from the amnesia but not sure. I bet candy cane smells awesome.:hippy:

Back
Top Bottom