Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

**Update - May 17th - Day 64 - Day 24 Flowering**

And here is the other update for today folks.. Still not a whole lot going on lately aside from the girls starting to fatten up some and bush out again from their stripping. It's looking like they may actually need that 2nd defoliation if the leaves keep growing the way they are. If I have to it will only be a minor one this time, just what has to be taken and that's it.

Girls go their upped feeding that we talked about in the last update. Last feeding was a full 2 liters each with lots of runoff so for today's feeding they only got 1 liter each of the upped feed since there was still a little left in the reservoirs, except for Candy #2 who may be drinking more than the others or this is because of the circulation fan being closest to this one plant over the others. She was also looking a little droopy as you will see in the pictures, she was looking for a drink I'd say. We will see how they take to the new feeding in the morning as I didn't get to it until after work today.

Still nothing big to report, we are just sitting back and enjoying the show for now really which is sort of a good thing for me since I have been working longer hours than expected and not getting much time with the girls being on my 12/12 light cycle, can't wait til the next grow. My next round may actually have to wait until august, we may be taking a vacation for the month of july to go back to our hometowns on the east coast and visit instead of going during christmas time. No biggy though, I should have some supply to last me :)

Anyways, lets get on with the pictures! Hoping these pics are better than the rest, found a decent spot to take them I think.
Maybe next time I will have some more to report and be more detailed, kind of in a hurry tonight lol.

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Those girls are looking good. Love being able to see the difference in the structure between the FIMmed plants and normal. Keep up the good work.

Those girls are looking good. Love being able to see the difference in the structure between the FIMmed plants and normal. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Bevman! It is quite the difference, was my first time trying it and I am certainly going to keep doing it to all my plants now. It makes them much easier to work with and they bush out better this way I find. Thanks for stopping by

**Update - May 21st - Day 68 - Day 28 Flowering**

Well folks, it's time for another update! The party is really getting started over here, we are now roughly half way through the flowering period at the last day of week 4. :cheer: Crop King seeds states that Candy Cane is a 7 week strain, meaning I would only have 3 weeks left today. Amnesia Haze is an 8-9 week strain so there is 4-5 weeks left on these girls.

I am going to be cutting it pretty close with the 2 Amnesia's apparently, I didn't realize I would be cutting them down so close to July. We are planning to head back east for the month of July, meaning we would be leaving on or the day before July 1st. I am thinking I will have no choice but to cut these at 8 weeks, allowing 1 week to dry and then jar them up and take it all with me so I can cure it properly. Luckily we are driving back to the east coast so I can pack it away in a concealed place and hope for the best while being able to open the jars daily.

So, back to the garden world! Things are starting to get pretty frosty in there, even Candy #2 is starting to produce finally. I am thoroughly amazed with now Amnesia #1 is looking as well, she has packed on the most frost out of all 4 and even has some pistils starting to amber up on almost every bud site making it look very yummy. She is also putting off the most pungent smell, very strong and sweet. The Candy Canes are starting to get a light fruity smell to them but not very strong at all yet even between the 2 phenotypes.

The girls got another 1 liter each feeding today, on Monday I will give them 2 liters each to get all those dissolved salts and un-used nutrients a good flushing. Today was the last feeding at the week 4 schedule, Monday will be week 5 and will change the nutrients to...
Micro - 7ml, Gro - 2.5ml, Bloom - 18ml, Armour Si - 1ml and Molasses - 1tsp
The Micro, Gro and Armour Si will all decrease slightly and the Bloom will increase by 2ml. Molasses will stay the same until it is time to flush.

I am also quite surprised to see that the deficiency problems I was having with Amnesia #2 have not come back to effect any other leaves since the defoliation. Not to sure why it would not progress to the leaves left on the plant but maybe she is starting to get the right dose of nutrients since then as I raise the bloom nutrients each week. Either way I am happy it has not came back to haunt me.

I guess it's time to get on with the pictures, I need to get outside and start working in the veggie garden. It's almost all planted now, just a couple more rows to get in and hopefully she will grow us some next to free produce that we can store and eat over the next year until we can do it all again. Although I am thinking we should have had some better topsoil brought in so if it grows, great :) If it doesn't all grow that great then we will bring some in next year. Anyways, take care all, have a great May long weekend! Best of luck in your own gardens!

Here is the grow room today before feeding..

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

Things looks great dick I'm counting down with you bro can't wait to see your finished work :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using 420

Thanks stewie, me to man. Will be nice to see these buds all fattened up and ready to chop :)

Thanks stewie, me to man. Will be nice to see these buds all fattened up and ready to chop :)
Yea will be a nice site to see I'm interested in seeing the results I'm thinking about giving some of those beans. What's site you ordered from? I have a 5 to 10 percent discount on a few sites I'll post the link on your thread in a few

Yea will be a nice site to see I'm interested in seeing the results I'm thinking about giving some of those beans. What's site you ordered from? I have a 5 to 10 percent discount on a few sites I'll post the link on your thread in a few

I used Crop King Seeds here in Canada. They ship anywhere and are very quick and stealthy. They also have a 10% off code here on the site and you can also save money for not using credit card I believe. Other times they have even better deals, promotions and contests floating around here at 420 Mag as well.

I used Crop King Seeds here in Canada. They ship anywhere and are very quick and stealthy. They also have a 10% off code here on the site and you can also save money for not using credit card I believe. Other times they have even better deals, promotions and contests floating around here at 420 Mag as well.
That's cool how do you find out about the contest and do they have any medical strains that flowers in 8 to 9 weeks from see I figured I ask sense you've ordered from them before

Usually the contests will come up in the 420 sponsors section of the forum. All sorts of different seed vendors put up contests and discounts there. They do have 2 high cbd strains called CBDream and CBDutch Treat. Not sure on the flowering times for them just go check out their great website, it's very well laid out. Just remember that they will show how long the flowering period is, you need to add your veg time to that. I would recommend Crop King to anyone, especially if they live in Canada. If you are unsure about anything you can just give them a call. Check em out for sure :)

Looking great those girls should start fattening up every week now :thumb:

**Update May 24th - Day 71 - Day 31 Flowering**

Hey everyone, hope you all had a good long weekend for those that got the holiday on Monday. I actually ended up working on the holiday myself so it was sort of a bonus since I wasn't very busy. So anyway, hope all is well in your parts of the world and lets get on with another update!

So, I know I said I was only going to do the one defoliation to my plants.. But, I decided in the end to do the 2nd one due to more leaves growing larger and the stems getting longer. They also took the defoliation very well last time and today as well. Again like last time, I just went around and clipped all the leaves with long enough stems that I didn't have to go digging for. This really opened up a lot of spaces to allow light in, even to the lower areas of my main colas. Now they can all sit peacefully for the next 3 to 4 weeks and fatten up for me :)
(Sorry I don't have individual pictures of the plants after defol. I got called to work at the time, but I snapped one of all them in the tent after I was done)

All plants were fed again today, they were getting thirsty. Nutrient levels changed again for this week like we had talked about in the last update. I checked on the plants quickly before lights out and they were all looking great! Started to notice just a tiny bit more tip burning from last time the nutrients were changed but still nothing serious, the looks of all the tips have hardly changed. Will have a good look in the morning to be sure.

It's starting to get very smelly around here as well. I can't really believe they are putting off these kinds of smells, still mostly that Amnesia #1 which is sort of an indescribable smell at the moment, I will think of it soon.
The whole tent is just so flavorful smelling to be in or around, even after defoliating this time around my hands were super stinky and sticky! I will have some awesome sugar trim to work with when these plants are done.

On that note, trichome production has really be kicked into gear here. Both of these Amnesia Haze's have a very high count of trichs already, I can't wait to see how these look come time to harvest. The Candy Cane's are different from each other when it comes to trichomes, Candy #1 has a lot more and started producing earlier than Candy #2 who has just started pushing them out in the past week. I am sure they will all look great when they are done regardless :)

Anyway guys, that's about it for this round. I will get on with the pictures for all of ya. Now it's really time to sit back and just keep on feeding til flush!! :morenutes: By the way, I plan to do a 10 day, plain RO water flush and will be giving them 48 hours darkness before chopping day.

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

Those ladies are lookin sweet! From the looks of yours, training is worth the time for sure, and im glad I took advice to do mine.

Those ladies are lookin sweet! From the looks of yours, training is worth the time for sure, and im glad I took advice to do mine.

Thanks man. Yes it certainly makes a big difference. I even had to train my naturally grown girls so I could get maximum light penetration. My 430W light with just a bat wing reflector isn't quite enough for the size of my space but I do plan on upgrading eventually.

Re: dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane + Amnesia Haze - 2

bothday11.jpg

candy11.jpg

candy11top.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/amnesia111.jpg[/img
[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/amnesia11top.jpg

how did u get them to be so big? Mine are same age, but far smaller ? Is it that ur HPS lamp provides more light then my cfls or.. ?

Re: dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane + Amnesia Haze - 2

how did u get them to be so big? Mine are same age, but far smaller ? Is it that ur HPS lamp provides more light then my cfls or.. ?

There are lots of different variables here that could make a difference. Sometimes growing bag seeds can be hit and miss with what you get. Big differences here are that I am growing in just perlite and vermiculite (no soil) and my plants vs your plants would be totally different genetics. No one plant or strain will ever grow the same as another, there is always something different about each one even if the buds or leaves look the same. Don't stress over what someone else's plants look like compared to yours, this is your first attempt and a big learning experience. I have been growing off and on for the past 5 or 6 years so I do have a little experience. Yes my hps light will provide more light than your cfl's but that doesn't mean you can't get a good yield from using them, I have looked at many successful cfl grows on this forum. You just keep doing what you're doing and we will try to help ya along the way!

Better late then never :nicethread: girls are looking great keep up the good work

Hey dirt! Thanks for stopping by. Just in time to sit back and watch the buds grow! We are kind of on autopilot over here, just feeding and watching now :)

Wow they are looking so good! Love the frostiness!
Little longer and it's time to smoke some really nice homegrown. Keep up the good work buddy. I'm sure you must be very happy with the outcome.

I know I can believe how frosty they are already, minus that Candy #2 but she is starting to produce. I will be smoking it sometime in July when I get back to the east coast! It wont be cured hardly at all for my drive across the country around July 1st but I'm sure I will be trying a piece here and there after it dries lol and yes, I am happy so far with the outcome. Will make my final decision on that after I get a dry weight from it all :)

Back
Top Bottom