Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2016

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Sorry about not stopping by last night. Slipped on the drool hehe. Your ladies are looking quite nice. You getting excited? The Candy Canes are looking gooda and same with amnesia. Your going to love the Candy smoke man. I plucked mine super early like super... Pretty sure I didn't have a milky trich on the plant and it still gets me a good buzz (all head though) wish you were closer I got some ballasts and bulbs I could throw your way. Anyway keep it up dude I'm waiting for your harvest so we can setup a long distance smoke sesh hehe. Cheers bud

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Re: Dick23rk's 1st Journal - 1st Hempy - CKS Autoflower Candy Cane & Amnesia Haze - 2

Sorry about not stopping by last night. Slipped on the drool hehe. Your ladies are looking quite nice. You getting excited? The Candy Canes are looking gooda and same with amnesia. Your going to love the Candy smoke man. I plucked mine super early like super... Pretty sure I didn't have a milky trich on the plant and it still gets me a good buzz (all head though) wish you were closer I got some ballasts and bulbs I could throw your way. Anyway keep it up dude I'm waiting for your harvest so we can setup a long distance smoke sesh hehe. Cheers bud

Haha, sorry about the drool in your tent, hope you didn't hurt yourself to bad when you slipped! :rofl:
I sure am getting excited, I have always grown bag seed plants and never really knew what to expect or wouldn't always end up with the greatest yields. So now that I have bought these seeds and am putting much more time into the grow it has got me going a little bit lol. My Candy Cane's will have to be chopped at 7 weeks likely and then the Amnesia's at 8 weeks, not leaving them here for someone else to "take care of" while I am gone back east for a month.

What are the ballasts and bulbs you got lying around?? Maybe inbox/pm me if you'd like

Just a couple old school magnetic ballasts. And a couple 400w MH's and bat wings. I also have a 1000w MH ballast and HPS conversion bulb but it's my buddies that he gave me but I don't know if he would want me to give away.

Your Candy will be much more developed I'm excited for you hehe. Anyway back to work. Have fun bud

Just a couple old school magnetic ballasts. And a couple 400w MH's and bat wings. I also have a 1000w MH ballast and HPS conversion bulb but it's my buddies that he gave me but I don't know if he would want me to give away.

Your Candy will be much more developed I'm excited for you hehe. Anyway back to work. Have fun bud

That would be sweet. The ballast I have right now is more old school than that, it's like a dam brick with a handle on it haha. I have wanted to get more equipment but just haven't had the funds lately with work being sort of slow at times. I work in the oilfield so it's sort of hit and miss right now.

Maybe some day in the future we will have to hook up. I'd say we could send it in the mail but I'm not sure at all what the shipping cost would be! I would love nothing more than to double my light output. The 1000w would be great, but that's up to your buddy, maybe it could be purchased from him :)

Yea will talk. Might have to do a camping trip to sask

Lots of great places to go camping around here from what I have heard :) Will chat with ya later bud!

Hey everyone, TwilightLED has a new led light that they are trying to promote! They have a little contest going on right now and I sure wouldn't mind a new grow light, wish I had of made this post earlier but I just really didn't have the time when I first saw it.

**Please hit the like button in this post**

The contest works like this, you promote their product, get as many likes as you can and you might possibly win a new light from them.
So please stop in and check out the info on the new lights they have and hit like for me :) Mostly doing this to promote our great sponsors around here, I don't think I have the traffic on my journal like a lot of other who may be doing the same thing.

Data of GS300 and GS600
Model No.:GS-300
Power (Wattage):300w(60x5w)
Size(mm):310X210X65mm
Power consume (watt):160w
HPS/HID replace:500w
Max coverage at 40" Height:45"x35"
Core coverage at 40" Height:36"x24"
PPFD@18"(umol):925.3Umol
Controlling: Veg and Bloom Switch
Input voltage(V):AC85~260V
LED Brand:5w Epiled and Epistar
LED Quantity:60pcs
Secondary Lens:90 degree
Lifespan(hrs):50,000 Hours
Regular spectrum ratio: Full spectrum

Model No.:GS-600
Power (Wattage):600w(120x5w)
Size(mm):412X268X65mm
Power consume (watt):260w
HPS/HID replace:700w
Max coverage at 40" Height:60"x54"
Core coverage at 40" Height:45"X36"
PPFD@18"(umol):1746.5Umol
Controlling: Veg and Bloom Switch
GW(KG):5.6KG
Input voltage(V): AC85~260V
LED Brand:5w Epiled and Epistar
LED Quantity:120pcs
Secondary Lens:90 degree
Working environment:(-20~40°C)
Regular spectrum ratio: Full spectrum

GS600_IMG_5547_1.jpg
GS_600_001.JPG
GS300_2_05.JPG
300_IMG_5553_1.jpg
GS_600_2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

**Update - May 27th - Day 74 - Day 34 Flowering**

Time for yet another update everyone. Things seem to be going ok over here still, no issues to report which is always a good thing. Had all the girls out for a full feeding and runoff today and had a fairly close inspection looking for anything that doesn't seem right or is out of place. I am quite surprised that I haven't found anything wrong so far in this grow aside from that calcium issue I was having a while ago that never came back.

The buds seem to be filling out a little lately but I am getting a bit worried that they are either behind schedule or they will have to go longer than what Crop King recommends. The reason I am worried about this is that like I said before I am going back east for July and can't have them going longer than the recommended time frame. It is mostly the Candy Canes that haven't started to fatten up any and they are supposed to be done in another 15 days which would be 7 weeks. If I have to I can let them go 8 weeks but that will be most I can do in order to have everything dried in time to leave for vacation. Any input on bud fattening times would be appreciated :)

Not really a whole lot else to report for today, we are in the sit and watch mode now. Once I gather some more info about the buds fattening up I will decide on when to start my flushing since I am only a couple of weeks away from there now. Anywho, lets get on with the pictures for the day!

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

**Update - May 27th - Day 74 - Day 34 Flowering**

Time for yet another update everyone. Things seem to be going ok over here still, no issues to report which is always a good thing. Had all the girls out for a full feeding and runoff today and had a fairly close inspection looking for anything that doesn't seem right or is out of place. I am quite surprised that I haven't found anything wrong so far in this grow aside from that calcium issue I was having a while ago that never came back.

The buds seem to be filling out a little lately but I am getting a bit worried that they are either behind schedule or they will have to go longer than what Crop King recommends. The reason I am worried about this is that like I said before I am going back east for July and can't have them going longer than the recommended time frame. It is mostly the Candy Canes that haven't started to fatten up any and they are supposed to be done in another 15 days which would be 7 weeks. If I have to I can let them go 8 weeks but that will be most I can do in order to have everything dried in time to leave for vacation. Any input on bud fattening times would be appreciated :)

Not really a whole lot else to report for today, we are in the sit and watch mode now. Once I gather some more info about the buds fattening up I will decide on when to start my flushing since I am only a couple of weeks away from there now. Anywho, lets get on with the pictures for the day!

Amnesia #1

Amnesia #2

Candy #1

Candy #2

That's a bit of a sticky spot you're in there. I'm no expert obviously but if it will put your mind at ease a bit I'll say most grows I have watched the buds packed on most of the weight during week 6 and 7. Could be that you are right on schedule for 8 week finish. Prime example is "grow for broke" series on youtube, one of my faves to watch, you will see his buds are quite small week 5 end. He pushes it to week 9 but didn't have to necessarily. It's not an auto but still a good example of how much can happen in the last few weeks. Other than that I'd say you are looking good for 5 weeks. Cheers.

Thanks for that bit of info there CBMedz, I will definitely check out those videos, I already searched them up so I remember. I meant to get at some more research today but I got busy inside the house with chores of course lol. Good to hear from someone that it seems like I'm right on schedule :) It's mostly the 1 plant I was more worried about but I would like to see them all fatten up a little at least.. Maybe I am just over-thinking it because I am so used to just growing bag seeds and not knowing what to expect out of each one sometimes. That makes me feel a bit better though so I will watch them videos and keep on keepin on :) Thank you kind sir!

I would add a week or 2 to the flowering times the breeders list, but you could always try and contact them through email and see what they say about it. Just my 2 cents.

I would do that but I will be leaving the province for the month of July, so they all need to be chopped the week before to dry and that will be at 8 weeks. This trip wasn't already planned when I started this grow.

Hopefully they turn out good for you, you never now maybe they will be finished by the 8 week mark. They do fatten up the last few weeks.
I would do that but I will be leaving the province for the month of July, so they all need to be chopped the week before to dry and that will be at 8 weeks. This trip wasn't already planned when I started this grow.

We will see what they look like so far in the morning. I borrowed a jewelers loop to have a good look at them. Will post a short update on that tomorrow

**Mini-update - Day 75 - Day 35 Flowering**

So I had a good look around at the trichomes today (as best I could, I wasn't very steady) and have noticed that about 75% of them on the amnesia ladies have started to go milky/cloudy, there is still some clear ones mixed in there on each bud site that I checked but less than I expected there would be. Both of these plants are starting to get a lot of amber pistils as well, so we are well on our way. I think if I chop these at 8 weeks I may be right where I want to be for a more pain relieving effect out of them.

As for the Candy Cane ladies, they looked to have mostly milky trichomes so far. I only noticed the very odd clear thrich on the different bud sites that I checked. I was amazed actually that there wasn't any noticeable difference in the trichomes between the 2 Candy's since they are 2 totally different growing plants when it comes to stature, bud and trich production, as well as stress resistance. Only Candy #1 has started to have any pistils amber up out of the two, Candy #2 has none yet. Maybe if I were to let these ladies go 8 weeks as well I would get the more relaxing couch-lock effect out of them.

Any tips or info on things to look for would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes it is hard for me to realize the differences after looking at each plant and bud site, this part of the growing and harvesting process is still a big learning curve for me. I have no problem keeping plants alive and growing, it's mostly the when to harvest and looking at trichs that gets me. Let's hope for the best! Regardless I am sure there will be some very good smoke from these ones :)

My only advise on harvest is to go with the trichs. It's the most accurate imo. There's a lot of different factors that can make the pistils turn brown, so hopefully they are mostly cloudy with some amber in there by the time you have to chop them. Just try and keep them as happy as possible till then for best results.

My only advise on harvest is to go with the trichs. It's the most accurate imo. There's a lot of different factors that can make the pistils turn brown, so hopefully they are mostly cloudy with some amber in there by the time you have to chop them. Just try and keep them as happy as possible till then for best results.

Yup that was my plan to go with the trichomes :) I wouldn't mind getting a couple different highs out of the harvest to experiment what works best for me and maybe even the wife if she decides to try it. I'm sure they will have enough time

I have thought about that as well dirt mcgert. Will see what happens here towards the end. I have a feeling they may all get chopped at the same time so I can use my grow tent for the plants 48 hour dark period. I have a painted wooden cabinet I could put 2 in at a time for darkness but they would be pretty crammed in there and buds right up against the walls (its that thin osb chip board, someone painted it and isnt really the greatest) My plan was to use this to dry in and just hang my buds.

I also ordered a few new pieces of gear today from amazon since it was cheaper for me this way and I got free shipping with my combine order :) Got a 60-120x pocket microscope with led light and manual focus. Picked up 6 dark purple mason jars (block out more light during curing) all 1 liter and they were on sale! Got my pack of Boveda 62% humidipacks on there for curing as well for the same price as they sell them on their website. And a cheaper pair of trimming snips to go along with my little scissors I have now. Always exciting ordering new stuff regardless what it is :)

The grow toy wish list gets a little shorter.. :high-five: 420 microscope is an essential for sure. No messing around to figure when to chop. Also very good thinking on the coloured Mason jars, very clever... New grow toys are always fun, enjoy!

KiG :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom