Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

I don't understand coco and I don't know anything about the Roots coco product. Sorry about that.....

RE consumption of medicine:

For me it depends on the setting, but I have an EZ-Vape, a medium sized bong, a bubbler and I do roll joints as well.

I try to vaporize as much as possible, but I don't always feel like waiting, putting it away.....and it sure doesn't work well in the hot tub. :smokin:

The vape is the healthiest method, for sure, and if I was a heavy user, I'd try to only vape.

However, you'll notice that the high is just a bit different when you vape....not a negative....just different. Some strains vape better than others.....you just have to experiment.

My favorite method is probably the least healthy and most wasteful: joints.

I love joints! The smoke smells good, no clean up, easy to carry, easy to get rid of.....I just love 'em. There is nothing better than a couple of grams of Columbian Gold in a nice organic hemp paper. :peace:

Who breeds the best Columbian Gold? Im ready!

Who breeds the best Columbian Gold? Im ready!

I used Reeferman's Columbian Gold, IBL. Got 3 unique pheno's that are close enough to all go in the same bag.

Don't try to grow it indoors....total waste of time. These plants are huge and flowering time was 14 weeks. You really need a greenhouse to do it right. (or live in the tropics)

IMO, there's nothing better. CG is the backbone of Skunk #1 and most of the famous hazes out there.

However, while many of the hyrbids based on CG are great strains, better yielding, easier to grow, etc. none of them are as good as the pure landrace Sativa that is CG.

There's something about it that you really need to experience.....it's hard to describe.

Let me put it like this: everyone who smokes weed has been stoned. But very few have been high. Columbian Gold gets you high.....not stoned.

MMMM joints, my personal fave too. Wish I could do a CG outside here, but summer is too short. Need to get working on it, got a year.

waaaaaaa, and I have a bag of 35 year old CG seeds that I can't get even one to sprout.:rip:

also Doc, I hate to keep bugging you about have you ever heard of this or that, but do you have any experience or opinion about biochar, activated charcoal for plants? or Sunny Girl Gardens organic mix Sunny Girl Gardens Product 1

I only do 2 or 4 plants at a time and don't want to have to mix up 8 bales of soil to make supersoil. plus the expense.

Looking for something I can mix for like 16-20 gal at a time.

Or even right out of the bag organic, like Foxfarm or Promix

Basically, if you were going to grow 4 plants in 4 or 5 gal pots, how would you approach the soil mixing?

Hi Doc, your ladies looks wonderful and well fed... I will be taking from your grows once again as I am moving from my hempy to all organic tryn out BPN line of nutes with some humate tea and molasses+ soil amendments (FFOF) Yours are a bit involved for a 4 time grower like myself but a little here and there will still provide me with excellent results compared to what I'm used to:) and will add to my experience. :thanks: for your trials and success!:adore: And I like the organic hemp papers. That should be a must have:thumb: Keep em frosty:cheer:

Hey Doc. I'm still watchin and enjoying your grows. I've been looking into some CG seeds for a while. I have decided on either Reeferman or Gage Green seeds. I can't be sure if I have ever had true CG, so it really is going to be a treat. I'm thinking that I could run some in Norcal outdoor, so long as I can keep her short enough. Anyhow, thanks for sharing!

I used Reeferman's Columbian Gold, IBL. Got 3 unique pheno's that are close enough to all go in the same bag.

Don't try to grow it indoors....total waste of time. These plants are huge and flowering time was 14 weeks. You really need a greenhouse to do it right. (or live in the tropics)

IMO, there's nothing better. CG is the backbone of Skunk #1 and most of the famous hazes out there.

However, while many of the hyrbids based on CG are great strains, better yielding, easier to grow, etc. none of them are as good as the pure landrace Sativa that is CG.

There's something about it that you really need to experience.....it's hard to describe.

Let me put it like this: everyone who smokes weed has been stoned. But very few have been high. Columbian Gold gets you high.....not stoned.

Wow thanks for the review!

Does it go past 10ft? Nov harvest?

Wow thanks for the review!

Does it go past 10ft? Nov harvest?

Does it go past 10 feet? :rofl:

Topped 3 times. 14 ft. at top of greenhouse:
IMG_19465.JPG

Oh.....for those wanting to try a Supersoil one bag at a time, my recipe is posted on the first page.

Other options that are even easier:

1.)Use Fox Farms Peace of Mind
2.)Use Vermiblend organic soil amendment.

You'll still need to feed with either of those applications, more feeding with the second one....but you'll also get the beneficials and the great organic flavor.

As long as you use some good tea's....you could easily feed the plants with good old salt based ferts as supplements. I have Vigoro Rose food standing by, just in case.

Another thing is to put OC+ in a 5 gallon bucket of water and measure the PPM's. Water with it when the PPM's are like 400 or so.....again, making sure to keep the soil alive with compost and/or worm tea.

You really can't go wrong as long as you do the Tea's right.....no need to pH either.

I had the director and the main grower of a very large collective ring me up the other day. He got some of the Lemon Paki I just finished growing:
IMG_20635.JPG

IMG_20588.JPG

No bull...no exaggeration....they said it was the best product they've ever seen and they commissioned me to do a complete run of it, which I'll do the next time I have a tray open. I'm in the process of getting a couple mother plants established, etc.

Anyways, they came out and toured the garden. It's a nice grow room.....etc.

These 2 questions were interesting:

1.)How do you flush? What flushing agent do you use?

I told them I don't flush....I just water heavily with tea's. As the soil depletes, the plants "flush" themselves. They were very intrigued...because they had always believed that good flavor comes from flushing. I explained that it was more like bad flavor comes from over feeding and flushing is merely trying to mitigate that.

2.)What target pH do you shoot for?

I explained that I don't check pH and had no idea what the pH was.....

You could see their heads spinning....they'd look at the plants, look at the product.....and next thing you know I'm commissioned to grow for them.

What's my point in saying this other than blatant self promotion and bragging?

Well, it's this:

Anyone can do this. Literally just follow the recipe. Anyone here can grow premium quality weed if they'd just follow the damn recipe. Avoid pot-forum mythology. Avoid slick marketing of over priced nutrient packages. Everything you need can be found in a decent garden shop, often at a price well below hydroponics stores.

Ace hardware has the full Fox Farms line....Bone meal, blood meal, etc. Home Depot has gypsum. Rite-Aid has epsom salt...

A person could easily grow 30 plants the organic way for under 100 bucks.....yes, it's more work than hempy/OC+. It's probably not the best choice for a first grow...but as soon as you learn a bit, give it a shot! The outcome is spectacular.

You do have to adjust the soil for different strains....and nothing short of experience will tell you how to do that, but certainly anyone here is capable of copying.

It's not that hard folks....

1.)Environment
2.)Medium
3.)Genetics
4.)harvest/dry/cure. (mostly environment here too)

that CG plant is a monster, what size pot did you have it in? The yield looks great also, you grow some A+ plants for sure

Doc,

re the FF Peace of Mind
I see three different ones all purpose 5-5-5, tomato & veg 7-4-5, and fruit & flower 5-8-4

any of these in particular you'd recommend?

Great question.....

Disclaimer: I've never actually used these products.

So, NPK for many strains is 3-1-2 in "veg" and 2-1-3 in "Bloom." I basically use the veg profile when I build my soil, barring other factors. (like previous experience with the strain, etc.)

If you do the NPK for Super Soil it comes out to about 3-4-2....so I add greensand, which is slow release K. Anyways, I digress.

Those FF products are slow release, organic style products. I'd try to mix them up in order to arrive at 3-1-2, or 3-2-2. At first glance, I'd go for 2 parts 5-5-5 and 1 part 7-4-5.

That would give you 17-14-15....not bad. Close enough. You could beef up the K by using kelp meal in your teas. Also, don't be afraid to add a couple cups of organic Earthworm Castings to the mix.

Get a bag of soil, add the products, maybe add a bit of gypsum for sulfur and calcium, maybe a bit of epsom salt.

Mix it all up, water with compost tea and molasses and let it cook for 30 days minimum.

Under 400 watts and 3 gallon pot should work for 8-10 weeks. 5 gallons for 600 watts and 5-7 gallons for 1000 watts.

Put this soil in the bottom half of the pots, and use regular base soil for the top. Make sure your clones or seedlings are acclimated to the base soil. I like to start seeds and get them into tall pots that have super soil at the bottom, so when they roots get into that hot stuff, they've had a chance to acclimate before you transplant. It does take a while for the plant to adapt to the nutrient rich environment....you might have some twisted leaves and even a bit of claw at first....but then things start to rev up and as the plant grows great things happen.

Running lots of water through the medium will leech nitrogen, so if your mix is too hot....you can flush it and it will help. But those products shouldn't be a problem.

Don't get all excited and start feeding the plants...don't worry and fret over pH....just water the damn things and give them a tea once every week or ten days. You might find that you're watering with tea every watering as it might take a week or more for the pots to become dry.

When you do water, and the medium is very dry, try to run a lot of water through the pots.....like 5 gallons through the 7 gallon pot. At least a container sized amount of water. The plants respond really well to a "monsoon" style of watering.

This is what I do.

that's a serious container, makes sense you got some serious bud from it, what was the total yield on that plant?

I really like your grow style. Making a super soil and not having to worry about regular nuting sounds like the way to go

that's a serious container, makes sense you got some serious bud from it, what was the total yield on that plant?

I really like your grow style. Making a super soil and not having to worry about regular nuting sounds like the way to go

Harvested a total of 3 Columbians, each a slightly different pheno. One was very lemony, the other lemon-peppery, and the other kind of an earthy/lemony/diesel scent. They all smelled "the same," so what I'm saying above is a bit nuanced.

Between the 3 plants 4 lbs 1 oz.....not bad for an equatorial Sativa.

RE grow method: I really do like what I'm doing, and I think I've found my style for the forseeable future.

There are a couple drawbacks, however:

1.)One soil mix isn't best for all plants. It's got to be tweaked and changed.....but you don't find that out until after to ruin a crop, and hope you can figure out what went wrong.
2.)You can't really flush and start over when #1 is taking place because the containers are so large
3.)Disposal of soil is a significant issue.
4.)Mixing the soil is difficult. You need space. I use a cement mixer.

But when you get it right, I've got to say nothing beats it. It's just delicious product, smooth and potent.

:Namaste::bravo: This is the second year in a row Doc has wowed me during the holidays when I used to silently lurk thru his journals which subtly changed my ways and methodology towards the art of growing. That with the rest of 420 is more than enough for a novice(rookie) grower:) Doc, very nice to have a director along with their main grower of a collective jaw hit the floor as you explain a lil to them about your methods. They may not believe your response, figure its your secrete recipe so you won't give them the goodies lol but your results speak louder than any words, so they are sold. Congrats to that DB:welldone: They do look finger licking good after you pack the bowl or maybe that hemp paper of course. Keep having fun, cause I know the rest of us sure are.

Does it go past 10 feet? :rofl:

Topped 3 times. 14 ft. at top of greenhouse:
IMG_19465.JPG

Hey Doc, remember when I tried to talk you into entering one of your Space Jills in the Plant of the Month contest? Well...now I'm thinking maybe this should be your first entry in the POTM contest! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom