Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

I can't believe I just found this... I am most definitely coming along for the ride!

Glad to have you around!

I'm going to raise the lights up just a bit tonite....I'm getting mild signs of stress. Nothing big....and I'm using massive amounts of light, but I'll see if I can't make it a bit better.

The plants are quite a bit larger this time around! I'm optimistic for a good yield.

Glad to have you around!

I'm going to raise the lights up just a bit tonite....I'm getting mild signs of stress. Nothing big....and I'm using massive amounts of light, but I'll see if I can't make it a bit better.

The plants are quite a bit larger this time around! I'm optimistic for a good yield.

With your knowledge, and those behemoths I would be suspicious if you DIDN'T have a good yield!

Waiting, watching, waiting, watching. With all that power looks like you could have a really big footprint, especially in the beginning. Thanks for letting us be part of this.:thanks:

Waiting, watching, waiting, watching. With all that power looks like you could have a really big footprint, especially in the beginning. Thanks for letting us be part of this.:thanks:

I've got MORE light than needed. I didn't think it was possible to have too much light, but now I'm not so sure. Lights are at 24 inches and the plants are growing.

They will bud. We will see. I'll get some pics today.

Hey Doc, exciting stuff going on here! I have been taking Jon Frank's email course for nutrient dense gardening and today he covered using forest wood, leaves, ashes and charcoal in the soil. Just wondering if you have incorporated any of these things (other than leaves) in your soil?

Subbed!! So excited to watch this grow, you've experimented with LED's before (thanks for that by the way) but this is NEXT LEVEL!

Damn excited to see these babies grow, lookin' good as always!

Hey Doc, exciting stuff going on here! I have been taking Jon Frank's email course for nutrient dense gardening and today he covered using forest wood, leaves, ashes and charcoal in the soil. Just wondering if you have incorporated any of these things (other than leaves) in your soil?

Biochar is in Roots and the Amendment and recharge....so yes. These things have been incorporated.

Please understand that my kit is absolutely current and cutting edge as far as formulation of components goes. If Jon is talking about it, we're using it.

Hey Doc,

I was bopping around the web with my morning bowl and I noticed this thread.. I look forward to watching another high brix grow. I've been a hydro guy for a long time. My hopes are that high brix agrees with me like it agrees with all you fine people. I would love to simplify my life. We'll find out in a few short weeks. In the meantime, like many others have, I am scouring the various high brix threads and taking copious notes on each stage of your kit. I feel like I'm friends with all you guys though you do not know me. I'm here for the high brix, not the lights. I'm scared to talk LED with such a low post count. :thedoubletake:

Hey Doc,

I was bopping around the web with my morning bowl and I noticed this thread.. I look forward to watching another high brix grow. I've been a hydro guy for a long time. My hopes are that high brix agrees with me like it agrees with all you fine people. I would love to simplify my life. We'll find out in a few short weeks. In the meantime, like many others have, I am scouring the various high brix threads and taking copious notes on each stage of your kit. I feel like I'm friends with all you guys though you do not know me. I'm here for the high brix, not the lights. I'm scared to talk LED with such a low post count. :thedoubletake:

Hey Shags!

This thread really is all about the lights. If you want to focus on High Brix, please post in the Doc Bud High Brix Q and A thread. Certainly you're most welcome to hang here and learn what you can, but the other threads are not quite as specific as this one.

Hey Shags!

This thread really is all about the lights. If you want to focus on High Brix, please post in the Doc Bud High Brix Q and A thread. Certainly you're most welcome to hang here and learn what you can, but the other threads are not quite as specific as this one.

Thanks Doc. I always seem to learn something from high brix guys threads regardless of the actual topic. :)

Hey Doc, I have a light specific question that I am hoping isn't too hard to answer.

I am currently vegging 3 plants in my first grow (journal is in my signature) and I am guessing they will be flipped to 12/12 within 2 weeks. This will be a ScrOG type grow and personally I am striving for high end quality. The most important qualities for me at the end of this crop will be the Bud Formation... I am most determined on quality nug Structure and Denseness (plan on bud back-building to help with this), as well as little sugar leaves as possible in my buds (I know some of this depends on strain) and Potency... obviously.

Before the 12/12 flip I plan on getting either an HPS System or a LED light to flower with for maximum potential, but also to begin a perpetual grow. I was curious what you would recommend, the only LED I am seriously considering is the Mars Hydro 96x3W Reflector LED.. because of its price and the several journals I have seen it in it performed well.

Trying to decide before Christmas, figured I would ask your opinion considering your recent involvement in the HPS to LED debate and transition.

Thanks so much in advance Doc! I really appreciate any info you might have.

Hey Doc, I have a light specific question that I am hoping isn't too hard to answer.

I am currently vegging 3 plants in my first grow (journal is in my signature) and I am guessing they will be flipped to 12/12 within 2 weeks. This will be a ScrOG type grow and personally I am striving for high end quality. The most important qualities for me at the end of this crop will be the Bud Formation... I am most determined on quality nug Structure and Denseness (plan on bud back-building to help with this), as well as little sugar leaves as possible in my buds (I know some of this depends on strain) and Potency... obviously.

Before the 12/12 flip I plan on getting either an HPS System or a LED light to flower with for maximum potential, but also to begin a perpetual grow. I was curious what you would recommend, the only LED I am seriously considering is the Mars Hydro 96x3W Reflector LED.. because of its price and the several journals I have seen it in it performed well.

Trying to decide before Christmas, figured I would ask your opinion considering your recent involvement in the HPS to LED debate and transition.

Thanks so much in advance Doc! I really appreciate any info you might have.

Hate to toot the platinum horn but any of the PlatinumLEDs will likely grow buds that you will be happy with. Doc made mention of his firm stance on comparing lights. Please read first page. The best he can offer is his full endorsement, of which PlatinumLED is about to earn, or not.

Doc will readily recommend the dorm grow lights he just finished a few rounds with. The buds look amazing.

At the very least, consider the marsII it is much better than the reflector series.

Back
Top Bottom