Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

Can you be more specific about having an environment that is spot on?

I go with 80/60 :) 80° f and 60% relative humidity. 70° with lights off 60% rh (veg)
75/50 during bloom
This is what ive found to be ideal. I know im close when the leaves flatten right out and become quite rigid. This might change with different strains but I love what it does to my plants :)

I go with 80/60 :) 80° f and 60% relative humidity. 70° with lights off 60% rh (veg)
75/50 during bloom
This is what ive found to be ideal. I know im close when the leaves flatten right out and become quite rigid. This might change with different strains but I love what it does to my plants :)

I wish I had that much control of my temp/hum. I'm growing in a 4x8 tent with 2000 watts HPS lights with 8" vented hoods and a 6" filtered exhaust fan pulling air from the outside through the grow room. My temps have been 75-78 F with the lights on and 50% humidity.
But when the lights turn off I'm getting minimum temps of 58 F and humidity of around 40%. There was a couple of days that the humidity went as low as 15% but it's usually around 40%. This is day 3 of flowering. Any suggestions of how to create tighter control of the temp/hum in such a small space? Putting in a humidifier, dehumidifier or heater seems like it would be a mute exercise as the heat would build up with the exhaust off and if I kept the exhaust fan on wouldn't it pull the treated air out of the grow space? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

TMP-DNe - Day/Night Temperature Control

Thats what I use. I keep the probe as close to the canopy as possible. Itll keep your temps regulated with the lights on really well (although I dont use it much cuz im using LED) by controlling the exhaust fan speed.
For the low temp/rh bro, you should get a space heater and a humidifier in that tent. That unit will regulate the temps but not the rh. For that youll have to tinker with the settings on the humidifier :)

I wish I had that much control of my temp/hum. I'm growing in a 4x8 tent with 2000 watts HPS lights with 8" vented hoods and a 6" filtered exhaust fan pulling air from the outside through the grow room. My temps have been 75-78 F with the lights on and 50% humidity.
But when the lights turn off I'm getting minimum temps of 58 F and humidity of around 40%. There was a couple of days that the humidity went as low as 15% but it's usually around 40%. This is day 3 of flowering. Any suggestions of how to create tighter control of the temp/hum in such a small space? Putting in a humidifier, dehumidifier or heater seems like it would be a mute exercise as the heat would build up with the exhaust off and if I kept the exhaust fan on wouldn't it pull the treated air out of the grow space? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

I have really low RH in my studio this time of year, and I hover around 25%. What I do to keep it up to 60%, is take a beach towel a close hanger, and a bucket of water. clip the towel to the hanger, hang them in your tent where the bottom of the towel is submerged in the bucket. It will act as a wick forcing water up, where it will evaporate off.
It is literally one of the cheapest/effective ways to increase RH in your grow area.

Well, Santa came early.. Heck with the peaking... I just plugged in my platinum450, its Bright! Really bright!

Doc, does the 1200s have dual funtion switches (growth/flower) as the 450? Are you using both growth and flower?
I just sprouted 6 seeds under 11/13. Should grow the cute sprouts with both switches on?

Well, Santa came early.. Heck with the peaking... I just plugged in my platinum450, its Bright! Really bright!

Doc, does the 1200s have dual funtion switches (growth/flower) as the 450? Are you using both growth and flower?
I just sprouted 6 seeds under 11/13. Should grow the cute sprouts with both switches on?

I blasted my seedlings with the full spectrum (450) after just a week under veg...fwiw :)

Forgot to say that i went 12/12 from seed

Starting to get interesting.....

Also, I'll be out of town between Christmas and New Years, so photo updates won't happen. I'll still check in daily.

Picture_006256.jpg

Picture_004288.jpg

Picture_003295.jpg

Picture_002291.jpg

Picture_001298.jpg

Damn! They are really pushing the trichomes out . I just went back and was looking at the difference from start, Doc they are Beautiful!
Merry Christmas.

Cat Drench. Like hitting a switch.

Hey Doc, what exactly are you looking for before hitting the Cat switch? Is it simply a timing thing or are their flowering visuals that cue it?

I know you were experimenting with earlier than recommended Cat drenches, which left slightly smaller yields but tighter bud formations, so at this point I'm curious as to your thoughts...

Hey Doc, what exactly are you looking for before hitting the Cat switch? Is it simply a timing thing or are their flowering visuals that cue it?

I know you were experimenting with earlier than recommended Cat drenches, which left slightly smaller yields but tighter bud formations, so at this point I'm curious as to your thoughts...

Hey Kenosis,

Using the Cat Drench at about 4 weeks from the onset of bloom is about right, but I encourage you to vary the timing and use your intuition once you get to know the various products. The instructions will grow awesome weed. Whenever I grow a new strain or I need to have consistency from crop to crop, I follow the directions pretty much spot on.

But the produce will have subtle to very noticeable differences with varied timing of the drenches. Just get a grow or two under your belt and then step out on your own with the strains you grow and you'll take it to the next level, especially with recycled soil.

Here's a long overdue update.

Let me start off by saying that I've always looked at LED strength and coverage ratings as the minimum bar, and double the recommendations as about right. I actually had a very experienced grower on this very website tell me regarding LED: "if they say a 600 covers 4x4, get two of them and it will work great."

Well, that's not true with Platinum LED lighting.

I am convinced that this particular grow has TOO MUCH LIGHT. Wow. I believe the plants would look better if under only one of these lights in the same footprint. These are the real deal when it comes to power.

I've never had nodes this tight. I'm thinking these lights might just be able to tame Willie Nelson.....

SAM_07953.JPG

SAM_079210.JPG

SAM_07919.JPG

SAM_07908.JPG

SAM_078610.JPG

SAM_078510.JPG

SAM_078413.JPG

SAM_078315.JPG

SAM_078113.JPG

SAM_078014.JPG

SAM_077913.JPG

Back