Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

Heh should check docs other threads. Hundreds of pages.

:rofl:yes it can be exhausting to catch up on hundreds of pages...but at the same time heck yeah and holy crap there are hundreds of pages documented on this HB growing....always impressive :clap::reading420magazine:

Much appreciated. When you're in there if you get a chance, could you measure the glass dimensions also? (or the bezel)

Thanks!

So I was just there and was so busy I forgot to do the measurements. I'll do it this evening.

Here's what it looked like about an hour ago:

Picture_03554.jpg

Picture_03459.jpg

Picture_03169.jpg

Picture_03070.jpg

Picture_02969.jpg

Picture_02874.jpg

Picture_02777.jpg

Picture_02684.jpg

Picture_012194.jpg

Picture_011199.jpg

Picture_010216.jpg

Picture_009222.jpg

Picture_008222.jpg

Picture_007244.jpg

Picture_006265.jpg

Picture_005284.jpg

Picture_004297.jpg

DAMN doc, did it snow in there?

jesus ..

you have more resin on your sugar leaves than people have on their buds :thedoubletake:

Hey Doc, I am going to interrupt all of the praise and ask a quick question if that's okay... Feel free to bump me if you believe you have another journal this question/conversation is better suited for.

I am looking into Landrace Strains to grow outdoors this summer. I've never really grown outside before, minus two clones my friends and I bought last May and just let do their thing this past summer. I have four Sativa strains and four Indica strains that I was wondering if I could get your opinion on.

The Sativas:
  • South African Kwazulu (My top Sativa choice)
  • Double Thai
  • Golden Tiger
  • Oldtimer Haze

The Indicas:
  • Panama Deep Chunk (My top Indica choice)
  • Afghan Kush
  • Pakistan Chitral Kush
  • Ketema

Would you recommend (for or against) any of those strains outdoors in Colorado? I have to dial in the time I will start them still, but I am just worried the Sativa's will need a more tropical atmosphere to thrive.

I plan on growing six plants, maybe six different plants if I can find a seed bank that sells individual Landrace Strains... I am going to build 2 raised beds (or just buy six 7-gallon pots) and then build a cheap transportable green house outside to cover the ladies. I was curious if your High Brix Kit was applicable outdoors? My only concern would be Acid Rain and pollution from the street... That is why I plan on building a small greenhouse.

Let me know what you think about any or all of that. Anything you have to offer would benefit me.

As always, plants look great, awesome journal with a fun friendly community. Props to you sir. And thanks in advance!

[EDIT] :: I am especially curious because although the bud we grew outdoors wasn't very potent.. it smelt UNBELIEVABLE... I mean it was actually insane the difference between the smell of an indoor plant and an outdoor plant... and I figured that coupled with your High Brix kit would produce not only delicious smelling flowers.. but also delicious tasting and potent!

Hey Doc, I am going to interrupt all of the praise and ask a quick question if that's okay... Feel free to bump me if you believe you have another journal this question/conversation is better suited for.

I am looking into Landrace Strains to grow outdoors this summer. I've never really grown outside before, minus two clones my friends and I bought last May and just let do their thing this past summer. I have four Sativa strains and four Indica strains that I was wondering if I could get your opinion on.

The Sativas:
  • South African Kwazulu (My top Sativa choice)
  • Double Thai
  • Golden Tiger
  • Oldtimer Haze

The Indicas:
  • Panama Deep Chunk (My top Indica choice)
  • Afghan Kush
  • Pakistan Chitral Kush
  • Ketema

Would you recommend (for or against) any of those strains outdoors in Colorado? I have to dial in the time I will start them still, but I am just worried the Sativa's will need a more tropical atmosphere to thrive.

I plan on growing six plants, maybe six different plants if I can find a seed bank that sells individual Landrace Strains... I am going to build 2 raised beds (or just buy six 7-gallon pots) and then build a cheap transportable green house outside to cover the ladies. I was curious if your High Brix Kit was applicable outdoors? My only concern would be Acid Rain and pollution from the street... That is why I plan on building a small greenhouse.

Let me know what you think about any or all of that. Anything you have to offer would benefit me.

As always, plants look great, awesome journal with a fun friendly community. Props to you sir. And thanks in advance!

[EDIT] :: I am especially curious because although the bud we grew outdoors wasn't very potent.. it smelt UNBELIEVABLE... I mean it was actually insane the difference between the smell of an indoor plant and an outdoor plant... and I figured that coupled with your High Brix kit would produce not only delicious smelling flowers.. but also delicious tasting and potent!

The q&a thread would be the best place to discuss strains as this is a demo thread for PlatinumLEDs lights, but docs kit will not only work outdoors, but was actually designed for it. Fertigators and such. Those strains all sound nice. I grew the panama DC it was nice not sure if I found a good pheno or not. I think I have a few more beans to try.

In the recent past I ran 2 1000 watt HPS over the same tray as these lights. As far as temps go, my set up is such that the temps are always where I want them, barring power failure or something breaking or dying. (AC, dehum, etc.) It seems that the 2 P1200's put out about the same or less heat as 2 vented 1000watt HPS.

When you say vented. Do you mean on its own loop? Running these LED's do they require A/C to be run in your room?

My current setup is with 4 1000 watt HPS on a closed loop of outside air. I have never run A/C as my room stays under my 77-79 degrees. I also have my tent setup to vent 3 hurricane fans if it gets above 79. How often do you run your a/c? Lets say in a day? I ordered a Iponic link 4. Do they even make analog a/c that allow the controller to turn it on? Most that i see are digital and require human touch.

I just got off the phone with platinum an i am on the fence on going with Kind XL1000 or the p1200. After reading your journal i think i am going towards the P1200's.

Nice journal so far, im subbed.

My current setup is with 4 1000 watt HPS on a closed loop of outside air. I have never run A/C as my room stays under my 77-79 degrees. I also have my tent setup to vent 3 hurricane fans if it gets above 79. How often do you run your a/c? Lets say in a day? I ordered a Iponic link 4. Do they even make analog a/c that allow the controller to turn it on? Most that i see are digital and require human touch.

I just got off the phone with platinum an i am on the fence on going with Kind XL1000 or the p1200. After reading your journal i think i am going towards the P1200's.

Nice journal so far, im subbed.

If you've got nice cool outside air that's the best form of AC, except for the rare heatwaves.

My AC cycles on and off all day and night. It has an "auto-restart" feature and so I have it set to 62 degrees wired directly into the controller, so the auto-restart feature means it turns on when the room reaches 80 and turns off when it reaches 74 lights on, and keeps the room at a constant 67 lights off, or whatever temps I set, within reason.

During hot months, it can take an hour for the AC to bring the temp down from 80, which is great because the plants do better with gradual change of temps.

My set up is quite analog except for the controller, and I can replace components pretty cheaply, which happens every year on one thing or another.

Having said that, my next room/greenhouse? will have commercial grade components, not these barely adequate components.

Looking fantastic Doc. I'm beyond excited to get my lights, just to see it and all its glory. Wallet is hurting a little but good thing i worked a ton of overtime in december!

Doc here's the beans i aquired: Super silver haze from Mr. Nice, Underdog OG and sage n sour from TH seeds, and afghani #1 from sensi seeds.

I think im most excited to try underdog OG... what do you guys think?

Having said that, my next room/greenhouse? will have commercial grade components, not these barely adequate components.

Hey Doc, you are arguably one of the best growers, not only in this community but i believe worldwide. you've earned your place by hard work and research over the years which is quite admirable.

You've also stated your choice of career, with all the laws getting passed in the U.S, how you want to make a living as a grower and aim for the best quality there is cause what today is tolerable herb, in a few years it won't be and quality standards will increase a lot.

Obviously when that time comes, you won't just be opening a dispensary, that's like opening a liquor store right after prohibition is over and selling someone elses alcohol for minimum profit. (unless you put out your own product, in which case you can profit hard off it)

My question is, do you have any plans on getting your own strain out there along with this kit of yours to really introduce people to the new world that's coming?

Looking fantastic Doc. I'm beyond excited to get my lights, just to see it and all its glory. Wallet is hurting a little but good thing i worked a ton of overtime in december!

Doc here's the beans i aquired: Super silver haze from Mr. Nice, Underdog OG and sage n sour from TH seeds, and afghani #1 from sensi seeds.

My underdawg OG was ok but I culled that medium ok at best, watered down OG thing. That super silver haze though, that should be real exciting in kit soil. Use a 10-15 gallon pot and don't veg her too big there will be some fireworks.

I have the KIND XL-750 and it is a great light, it's at least as good as the Platinum. The built in digital timer is a little tricky to get used to but once you do it is really cool what you can do with the programming. However I think the Platinum is a little less money and you see the results here. I think the Platinum is an 11 band spectrum where the KIND is 12. Not sure how much that matters. You won't go wrong with either light. :Namaste:

I agree with Tavosvo I too grew underdog OG and it got culled...good bud, stinky and fairly tasty but not for my garden. Im on my third run with SNS from TH..its a great smoke and the high is real cerebral and racy, smells like the SD but real finiky in HB soil so its getting culled as well...just my experience..never grown SSH but that's a winner for sure!

Back
Top Bottom