Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, I just read your post on SGA's thread re: new drench stability
Maybe you can combine certain drench ingredients together in separate bottle from another set of ingredients in their own bottle, to be mixed as needed by grower, to avoid the instability issue?

Yep....but the cost of the containers goes up, and then there's labeling, etc.

It's not as easy as it looks! We'll get it....just takes a bit of work and effort. I'm told it took over a year to stabilize one product so it didn't bloom in the bottle.

We'll get it....patience.....

I couldn't help myself just now and went ahead and took some more pictures.

I'm especially liking the Champagne this time around.

Picture_015133.jpg

Picture_014149.jpg

Picture_013149.jpg

Picture_012165.jpg

Picture_011168.jpg

Picture_010184.jpg

Picture_009190.jpg

Picture_008186.jpg

Picture_006228.jpg

Picture_005248.jpg

Picture_004260.jpg

Picture_003268.jpg

Picture_002265.jpg

Picture_001270.jpg

Thanks for the response:Namaste:

The cuttings just go un covered under the LED I have for vegging plants, I quit using domes as well. I just follow your lead and spray them with half strength De-stress x2 a week.

In this case ill continue to play with the timing. im gonna start waiting a little longer into flower for the next few. im also gonna give a couple more cat drenches through out the life of this SNS I have going since its a 10 week flower to see how she responds.

That Big Hairy Willie Nelson you grew on C drench was INSANE!! I can only imagine how that monster tastes! great job with that one :)

Wow sir domeless cloning huh?! Not easy. :goodjob::bravo:

What kind of soil are you in? Looks like the roots are toasty.

Promix, oyster shell flour, soft rock phosphate, gypsum, ewc, fish bone meal, rock dust, crab meal.
I had plants grown in 7 gallon air trimming pots, mixed in 6 month aged organic soil to the used soil,
the plant has been in this new mix for 2 days, I am guessing i better get some fresh promix and cut down by 50%
soon ?

Many Thanks for any input or cures
Bulldog

I have also had really good success cloning directly in to hb soil without using any cloning products at all. I basically follow the directions for a seed and then dip the cut / scrapped part in roots stick it in the soil and cover for a week and a half ish with a loose fitting ziploc baggie over the party cup. They never look unhealthy and are starting to grow when I take the bags off. Last time I never took it off except to spray with stress a couple times and didn't need to water them once. I am all about making things as hands off as possible because I have a lot of days that I'm enough pain that I don't want to deal with them.

I doubt I need to say this here but don't forget to put some holes in the bottom of the cups :thumb:

Promix, oyster shell flour, soft rock phosphate, gypsum, ewc, fish bone meal, rock dust, crab meal.
I had plants grown in 7 gallon air trimming pots, mixed in 6 month aged organic soil to the used soil,
the plant has been in this new mix for 2 days, I am guessing i better get some fresh promix and cut down by 50%
soon ?

Many Thanks for any input or cures
Bulldog

Yep! I thought your soil was going to be really hot, because those are signs of root damage.

Fresh Promix. I use the same stuff, but I don't add superhot organic based soil to mine.....

I put just over a pint in the saucer and a half pint down the top this morning. Doc mentioned the bucket soak last night and I kinda freaked that might be too much (my own weirdness), But my little 1 gal smarties sucked it all up in literally 10-15 seconds...nothing but a few drops left in the bottom. I wasn't sure I understood the process, and over-watering in soil can be an issue...but I've not done hb before and am looking into it.

Is this bucket-soak something you do/recommend multiple times in veg Doc? Or is it a once-and-done thing where you revert back to top/bottom watering after they dry out again?

I put just over a pint in the saucer and a half pint down the top this morning. Doc mentioned the bucket soak last night and I kinda freaked that might be too much (my own weirdness), But my little 1 gal smarties sucked it all up in literally 10-15 seconds...nothing but a few drops left in the bottom. I wasn't sure I understood the process, and over-watering in soil can be an issue...but I've not done hb before and am looking into it.

Is this bucket-soak something you do/recommend multiple times in veg Doc? Or is it a once-and-done thing where you revert back to top/bottom watering after they dry out again?

In veg, the idea is to let them dry out between waterings, so I use the bucket soak almost exclusively. When they're dry and starting to wilt....not actually wilting but an hour away.....I soak them in a nice drench, drain them at an angle, etc.

Wow sir domeless cloning huh?! Not easy. :goodjob::bravo:

Thanks TAV! went to a buddies grow once and saw he was doing it in rockwool cubes no dome and tried it once after that with full success and never went back to domes :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have also had really good success cloning directly in to hb soil without using any cloning products at all. I basically follow the directions for a seed and then dip the cut / scrapped part in roots stick it in the soil and cover for a week and a half ish with a loose fitting ziploc baggie over the party cup. They never look unhealthy and are starting to grow when I take the bags off. Last time I never took it off except to spray with stress a couple times and didn't need to water them once. I am all about making things as hands off as possible because I have a lot of days that I'm enough pain that I don't want to deal with them.
I doubt I need to say this here but don't forget to put some holes in the bottom of the cups :thumb:

try with out the zip lock once and see how it goes :)...becomes even less hands on :)

not to answer for doc cause he may do it diff. but I do it each time.

Dear Doc, re the Grape Ape @ 8 weeks: How are you determining the two weeks till harvest? I've definitely been jumping the gun.
High Brix convert, Jon

Dear Doc, re the Grape Ape @ 8 weeks: How are you determining the two weeks till harvest? I've definitely been jumping the gun.
High Brix convert, Jon

FWIW, I took my Grape Ape at 10 weeks. I think I hit it about perfect.

I find stuff finishes faster in hydro/salt and slower in High Brix. Well, actually, it's not so much that the plants don't grow as fast....they just grow for a longer period of time before senescence. I've still got blooming flowers in the front yard, due to HB. Lot's folks still harvesting peppers and tomatoes too.

It could have been chopped at 8 weeks, but the extra 2 weeks gets maybe 20% gain in yield. My triches don't go amber.

So you might not have been jumping the gun, depending on how you're growing. Post a pic?

Overwatering isn't when you give a plant lots of water at once, it's more when you give water too often without letting the soil dry. In veg, doc really recommends full wet/dry cycles. Really let it get dry, and then really soak. Every time. Builds roots like a mofo.

Thanks for that Tavo. With this discussion, I'm visualizing an image of what's going on in the soil and I understand it better. It really is like a glacier. Those little leaflets are supplying these fanning roots enough and I've had them chasing the little water I've put in them. I'll let them dry again and give them a soak. Any recommendations on buckets, soak times, how long do you let them drip. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere prior, but despite reading literally hundreds of pages, I can't say I've seen it. If so, then please point me to the general vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom