Picture_012167.jpg

Champagne starting to frost up:

Picture_02195.jpg

Picture_005251.jpg

Picture_004263.jpg

Picture_003271.jpg

Picture_002268.jpg

Picture_001273.jpg

This is what a really nice HB strain will look like in veg: bright green petioles and leaves. I can't wait to grow this Afghan out.

Picture_02770.jpg

Picture_02676.jpg

Picture_02587.jpg

HB clone:

Picture_02869.jpg

Picture_02965.jpg

Watering technique in Veg:

Picture_02477.jpg

Picture_02382.jpg

Picture_02284.jpg

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks for that Tavo. With this discussion, I'm visualizing an image of what's going on in the soil and I understand it better. It really is like a glacier. Those little leaflets are supplying these fanning roots enough and I've had them chasing the little water I've put in them. I'll let them dry again and give them a soak. Any recommendations on buckets, soak times, how long do you let them drip. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere prior, but despite reading literally hundreds of pages, I can't say I've seen it. If so, then please point me to the general vicinity.

Completely soaking the pots, 5-10 minutes? If possible, after soaking, you can tilt the pot to the side to drain as much water as possible. 5-15 minutes depending?

Doc, your plants look fantastic as usual. 11/13 working out well? I'm on that schedule too and see only happy plants.

Completely soaking the pots, 5-10 minutes? If possible, after soaking, you can tilt the pot to the side to drain as much water as possible. 5-15 minutes depending?

Doc, your plants look fantastic as usual. 11/13 working out well? I'm on that schedule too and see only happy plants.

I'm really liking the 11/13. I might try doing an all Indica grow at 13/11 and see what happens, but this 11/13 thing is really nice.

I don't think soaking them for more than 5 minutes is a benefit. Smaller pots seem to fully saturate in about 1 minute.

I tilt the pots 4 ways till nothing is draining out after a good dunking.

Doc,

I've got a couple of plants going in kit soil. One of the plants was outside getting 12/12 from the get go. Another is inside under a pair of 100 real watt 5500cfl's. Once this plant got going it's almost as if the leaves wrap around the bulbs. It's the strongest phototropism response I've seen. It's a little bit sci-fi ish.

Check out this pic.

sugar_punch_kit.jpg

AND all you HIGH BRIX apostles please take a gander at my first journal.

Doc,

I've got a couple of plants going in kit soil. One of the plants was outside getting 12/12 from the get go. Another is inside under a pair of 100 real watt 5500cfl's. Once this plant got going it's almost as if the leaves wrap around the bulbs. It's the strongest phototropism response I've seen. It's a little bit sci-fi ish.

Check out this pic.

sugar_punch_kit.jpg

AND all you HIGH BRIX apostles please take a gander at my first journal.

That's very interesting. I've also noticed a hyper-response to phototropism with the high brix plants too. I'll be by in a bit to check out your journal! Thanks for the invite.

Doc, Do you use wicks (Rope in pots that exit out below) for the PWT (perched water table) anymore, in addition to tilting the 'pinballmachine' ? (Young ones are probably asking whats a pinball machine...lol)

I'm not using the wicks anymore, but not because it doesn't work, but because of using larger pots and healthier plants that can suck up the water, and better soil that allows more air in, etc.

We sent some emails back and forth a week ago or so. Without a doubt I am going to give this type of method a shot next. I have been very impressed by this thread. Seems like a bit more work than the "super soil" type grows I used to do outdoors, but the resulting product seems of higher quality.

We sent some emails back and forth a week ago or so. Without a doubt I am going to give this type of method a shot next. I have been very impressed by this thread. Seems like a bit more work than the "super soil" type grows I used to do outdoors, but the resulting product seems of higher quality.

It's actually quite a bit less work than Supersoil. Less stuff to mix into the soil, very simple feeding, no brewing of tea, etc.

The reason I switched from great results in Supersoil to High Brix is only due to the quality of the produce. The fact that this is a bit easier is a bonus.

On edit: forgot to add that I always had gnats with Supersoil and sometimes mites.

I have ZERO insect pressure now, and all the Brix gang will say the same thing....as long as the brix readings are higher than 12.

It's actually quite a bit less work than Supersoil. Less stuff to mix into the soil, very simple feeding, no brewing of tea, etc.

The reason I switched from great results in Supersoil to High Brix is only due to the quality of the produce. The fact that this is a bit easier is a bonus.

On edit: forgot to add that I always had gnats with Supersoil and sometimes mites.

I have ZERO insect pressure now, and all the Brix gang will say the same thing....as long as the brix readings are higher than 12.

I will be doing the Brix stuff indoors. So not having to worry about pests is a big bonus. Been growing with Coco for a couple years, and I was always worried I would get a bad batch and have gnats all over the place. Some of the horror stories of lost crops seem devastating. Especially when it is your source of medicine.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm that champagne!!!!!! Can't wait to see her in a couple weeks. Is she under LED?

Edit: just peaked at the dorm grow journal, that tray is all grape ape? In any case, the champagne looks like she off to amazing start and the LED tray is happening!!!!

The Champagne is under HPS. The recycled soil with composted trimmings has improved the produce a bit. I've got lovely terpenes this time around, a bit more of a "tang" to a very citrus like bouquet. It's got stronger smell than usual too. The improved CEC from the humus created by digesting cannabis roots, stems and leaves and the extra rockpowders, biochar, and organic materials from the Roots! and Amendment has really revved up the soil.

This is a really fun grow, as everything is going very well.

The LED tray is gorgeous, and every plant is perfect.....kinda weird, actually. The tray is half Grape Ape, half Purple Cadillac. The PC is the slightly taller of the two. Buds aren't quite as dense as they were under HPS. Of course, I'm using half the electricity, so we'll see how things go. At least 4 weeks longer....maybe more. If they still look healthy I'm going to let them grow a bit.....12 weeks or more if I can.

The paki will get harvested next week and replaced instantly with a Grape Ape.

Next up will harvest the LED tray, followed by Champagne, Harelquin, another Lemon Paki on which I'll be testing the new drench soon, and then more Grape Ape.....and then maybe I'll get caught up and have an oz to myself of something other than trim or Willie Nelson.

Back
Top Bottom