Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Whats the best container all around that you have used for cooking the soil? Do the lids need burped on containers or is it best to keep lid tightly closed?
Ill be purchasing containers to store all 5 bales in tomorrow and would like to use the best you all have found over all
Otherwise I just may fab up something custom

40 gallon Rubbermaid (or equivalent) trash cans with lids. There is no need to burp them.

Ok. Wow mix it up, put in garbage cans and 30 days you have magical soil. About the same Window of time home brewing beer nice couldn't get more simple.

Growing plants really isn't that hard! A bird could poop out a seed and if it was in the right soil, it would grow fantastically with just the rain and dust blowing around.

The problem we face is that our soils all suck. We're victims of corporate farming techniques and NPK McThinking. Naturally mineralized soil, like young volcanic soil, is where the best crops come from. That's kinda what we're trying to accomplish here....load up the minerals and let the microbes work.

Doc you have potentially saved me 10's of thousands of dollars if this is the best option for me.

I'm aware that a few of my Strains now that we have like 24 may perform better overall with H&G but I bet 80+% are gonna just go straight bonkers on this. My Jillybean and Dutch I'm sure are gonna have Lil plant orgasims once they get the high brix treatment

Doc you have potentially saved me 10's of thousands of dollars if this is the best option for me.

I'm aware that a few of my Strains now that we have like 24 may perform better overall with H&G but I bet 80+% are gonna just go straight bonkers on this. My Jillybean and Dutch I'm sure are gonna have Lil plant orgasims once they get the high brix treatment

All your strains are going to grow better in the HB...they'll just taste different. Which of the OG/Chemdog strains do you run?

I'm working on a special drench for those and I'm hoping I'll have it ready in a couple months. Most people like the flavor of HB weed hands down, no discussion. The only exceptions are those OG/Chemdog strains that don't come out right unless they're tortured with salts.

Kinda like some freak who can't get off without pain and bondage or something....

I'm really excited to watch what happens in your garden bro! When skill and nature collide all kinds of great things happen.

Doc, im reposting this from a page before.. I dont think you saw it :)
Doc, I have a few plants beginning flowering in 30-31 days from seed under 11/13. One is a Mexican seed, i think my Kwazulu, a couple unknown strains, but the produce is awesome from the unknowns. The plants are at most 6" tall from soil. The 2 WNs, I think are preshowing their femaleness
I never grew 12/12 from seed, only transitioned.
I havent transplanted yet to their final pots. Should I asap?

Doc since you adopted the bottom watering, coaster technique ( ty Curso) have you developed a sytematic approach to food drench / straight water in relation to bottom vs pour over drench?e.g. do you always feed from top and straight water from coaster?

An unrelated observation regarding leachate from an energy drench cocktail: I collected the excess liquid from a saucer following a thorough energy drench. It amounted to about 2 litres. I distributed it among a few vegging plants just potted into 1 gals. It looked like the adjustment period was really shortened. Overnight the plants looked settled in, turgid and pushing new growth.

Doc, im reposting this from a page before.. I dont think you saw it :)
Doc, I have a few plants beginning flowering in 30-31 days from seed under 11/13. One is a Mexican seed, i think my Kwazulu, a couple unknown strains, but the produce is awesome from the unknowns. The plants are at most 6" tall from soil. The 2 WNs, I think are preshowing their femaleness
I never grew 12/12 from seed, only transitioned.
I havent transplanted yet to their final pots. Should I asap?

I'd let the WN get a bit rootbound before transplanting. It helps tame them. The others can be transplanted the moment you're sure you've got females.

WN is a friggin monster.

Doc since you adopted the bottom watering, coaster technique ( ty Curso) have you developed a sytematic approach to food drench / straight water in relation to bottom vs pour over drench?e.g. do you always feed from top and straight water from coaster?

An unrelated observation regarding leachate from an energy drench cocktail: I collected the excess liquid from a saucer following a thorough energy drench. It amounted to about 2 litres. I distributed it among l.p.a few vegging plants just potted into 1 gals. It looked like the adjustment period was really shortened. Overnight the plants looked settled in, turgid and pushing new growth.

I'm using about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water/drench in seven gallon pots when they are light and need it. I slowly dribble about half down the top and the rest into the saucer. It gets wicked up in under 20 minutes. I theorize that this keeps them from getting wet feet and that post watering "droop" that often occurs.

Of course, when it comes to recharge and any top dress, I put the whole thing down the top.

So you watered with leachate? INteresting.

Unfortunately I just ordered pistilence s1 for fellow member c526 and myself. It's abusive og crossed with west coast dawg so it has both genetics. But none of our others do.

Also is there one strain in particular that just loves high brix I understand the landrace Strains love it but if there's one I'll buy it to run with my initial cycle.

I'm using about a gallon to a gallon and a half of water/drench in seven gallon pots when they are light and need it. I slowly dribble about half down the top and the rest into the saucer. It gets wicked up in under 20 minutes. I theorize that this keeps them from getting wet feet and that post watering "droop" that often occurs.

Of course, when it comes to recharge and any top dress, I put the whole thing down the top.

So you watered with leachate? INteresting.

This is amazing right here. I've noticed no post water droop when bottom watering as well. I have a few pots I can't bottom water and they always get the droop. But my blooming plants in fabric pots in saucers just keep reaching!

I also consider the recharge and water from the top a few times after applying, and then every so often later in bloom.

And I also water with leach water. Veg to bloom, bloom to veg, if the timing is right and I have some extra I don't hesitate to use it. No problems thus far.

Also is there one strain in particular that just loves high brix I understand the landrace Strains love it but if there's one I'll buy it to run with my initial cycle.

Don't stress on the strains. I did that to no benefit. Grow what you want to grow, it will all be mind blowing. Pick the ones that do the best. Also pick the ones you like the best and make them work if they didn't the first time.

Don't stress on the strains. I did that to no benefit. Grow what you want to grow, it will all be mind blowing. Pick the ones that do the best. Also pick the ones you like the best and make them work if they didn't the first time.

Man I go through Strains like Kristy alley goes through boxes of donuts. I've probably grown over 60 different Strains in the last 5 years. There's my 6 standards but the rest seem to get switched in or out blah blah everyone knows all that.
Your right it's probably not that big of an issue till I can run them and see.
On another note has anyone cross bred using docs high brix

Damn there's just a ton of pages between all the threads about this. I got another question after reading a ton.
I got rid of my ro system about 6 months ago. I never noticed anything really except a ton of wasted water.
I'm on city water had it tested a year ago and cant remember results but chloramine was a Lil high. So my question is I dont have ro available anymore for foliar spraying. Is that gonna cause problems with this. I know with house and garden my tap water never needed messing with ph was like 6.8 last time I tested

See if your city water report is online. At that pH you probably don't have an alkalinity issue, but chloromine is bad for the micro herd. Fortunately, you can get rid of it with a simple carbon filter at close to full pressure. I used an inline garden hose filter I found online and it worked great.

[Edit] I also think I remember that bubbling gets rid of chlorine, but not chloromine.

See if your city water report is online. At that pH you probably don't have an alkalinity issue, but chloromine is bad for the micro herd. Fortunately, you can get rid of it with a simple carbon filter at close to full pressure. I used an inline garden hose filter I found online and it worked great.

[Edit] I also think I remember that bubbling gets rid of chlorine, but not chloromine.

I'm pretty sure RO is preferred because the foliars are designed to be very acidic, and there might be unwanted buffering qualities in your tap water.

?&:+#_!!?_(())!!?::$$ urghh. I gave that Damn thing away on Craigslist well sold but gave away. So I should get another system in place? I'll find report or go get one first though. I'm looking online right now

Back
Top Bottom