Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sure! I'm working on a soil that produces colorful, High Brix cannabis. Specifically of the purple variety. It's not hard to get fall colors, a Cat Drench the first watering after transplanting and blooming will do that. But purple is different, and it should really accentuate the purple strains if I can get it right.

Thank you,
I have a purple strain that will most likely be my next run, it is called GDPupil and is a cross between GDP and Star Pupil. Was a limited run from mass medical and was gifted clones by a friend.

You sir have my attention with your experiments, please keep us posted.

:thumb:

Thank you,
I have a purple strain that will most likely be my next run, it is called GDPupil and is a cross between GDP and Star Pupil. Was a limited run from mass medical and was gifted clones by a friend.

You sir have my attention with your experiments, please keep us posted.

:thumb:

I certainly will keep folks posted. This takes a bit of time. At least so far everything has taken a fair bit of time. Obviously, when it comes to true purple strains, genetics is by far the most critical factor in determining just how purple they get. I'd like to see a more electric shade of purple with some bright High Brix green mixed in.

On another note: Blue Kush by BOG seeds. I highly recommend! Huge yield, high score for nug structure, excellent smell and surprisingly powerful in efffect.

Me gusta BOG!

LOL. I have no plans to give out the Paki just yet....but please know that the ONLY folks who will ever get a cut of it are going to be high brix gang members, loosely associated, misfitting and ne'er do welling type of folks....

Is it legal? Probably not. I'm sure we're all felons several times a day, depending on what we do and where we go.

OG High Brix gang member right here!!!! Ill take a cut when/if it comes available :)

Here in CA, 93-98% of "Medical" marijuana tested showed pesticide/fungicide residue. This scandal is hurting us big time in the policy arena. At the same time, those who buy their meds from dispensaries might be doing harm to themselves.

On top of that, the powers that be are determined to seize and control this new market and award grower's licenses to their cronies while at the same time enacting legislation that puts boutique growers out of business. That's what is happening in my county right now.

However, even here in Mordor, people can grow 6 plants indoors....fully legally. (outdoor growing is now illegal!!! Especially in the rural areas of the county.)

So, how to get elite quality, pesticide/fungicide free cannabis? :hmmmm::idea:

Kits can be had on Amazon

Yes!!! This is very very true! I work in the industry and our company has partnerships with ISO approved labs and Doc is exactly correct. Almost all flower/biomass and concentrates are testing positive for concerning levels of pesticides, leftover solvents... bacteria like ecoli and other things that nobody should be smoking.

The good news is mid next year, all legal businesses will have to have product tested by an approved and standardized lab with a Certificate of Approval attached to each batch and a middleman (distributor's) role will be to ensure all product to/from farm to end user has a chain of custody with it, that it tests clean, and if it doesn't, can either be cleaned to test clean or destroyed... which should help clean up the industry. This wont be enforced until around July 2018 though.

The first project our company has permitted is our extraction lab and it is almost impossible to find raw biomass in large quantities (100lbs-2000lbs+) that test clean... almost none of it is.. and without saying names, a lot of large brands in the industry could care less whether its contaminated right now with testing not being mandated at this time. Its sad that money and greed just blinds them to end user health. Part of the reason I started to grow my own, and don't use concentrate products.

Some of this though happens unknowingly...even if the grower does not use pesticides. Some people have been finding that outdoor and greenhouse grows are being contaminated from blow off from neighboring grape and other agriculture farms. (where things like Eagle 20 are permissible). Another finding lately is that if you get clones from a mother plant that has been treated with pesticide, and then you buy clones from that mother plant and flower them out, they are finding that even pesticide will contaminate the end product of the clone, from a mother that was treated, even if the cloned plant was not treated. Be careful where you get your clones from...

Its such a blessing to have this community and people like Doc who have put together a easy, successful way to grow top notch cannabis... so we don't have to worry about things like we would going to dispensaries and buying from unknown and untested sources.

Doc also brought up a good point about outdoor growing....Make sure you check your city ordinance and if you are in unincorporated, check your county ordinance. Prop 64 which now has been combined with Maucursa to form Sb94 allows the local city and county governments to "reasonably regulate" peoples voted right to 6 plants... Many many cities have banned outdoor growing...even if you own acres of land... so be careful and become familiar with local ordinances.... Some cities have even gone as far as requiring permits and inspections to grow your "legal 6 plants" so be cautious and informed what your city ordinances propose. This is the rights given by prop 64... which is why I was so against it last year when it was up for vote... its a shame in many ways that it passed due to many voters not reading all of the bill text... and believing the little cute sounding paragraph that was included with your voting pamphlets... sucks because now we are stuck with it and Doc is right.... its favoring the big "corporate" companies with VC backing and millions of investment dollars, and for a small grower to be legal now... you pretty much need multiple millions of dollars to even think about it...

Great post Doc!!! Since this is what I do for my job I figured I would confirm your comments and add a little extra to them of what is going on in the industry...

Also, for those that are not using Docs kit... research all of your nutrients for heavy metals..... a lot of commercially available products, and even some mined nutrients like soft rock phosphate, and azomite contain concerning levels of heavy metals like arsenic, lead, and mercury. Washington State has an excellent resource to look up all nutrients, organic, mined and synthetic to find the lab test results and heavy metal analysis's.. I was surprised to find popular products that many growers use filled with lead and arsenic. To find the resource just google "washington pesticide nutrient list" and it should pull up in the 1st or 2nd post.

Sorry for the long post in your thread Doc, but you brought up some very important facts that all should know about what is really going on in the industry, and why growing your own, especially with people like Docs guidance is so important for a healthy product :)

Best thing... grow your own... even better best thing.... grow high brix :) Kudos Doc for bringing these things up :)

Yes!!! This is very very true! I work in the industry and our company has partnerships with ISO approved labs and Doc is exactly correct. Almost all flower/biomass and concentrates are testing positive for concerning levels of pesticides, leftover solvents... bacteria like ecoli and other things that nobody should be smoking.

The good news is mid next year, all legal businesses will have to have product tested by an approved and standardized lab with a Certificate of Approval attached to each batch and a middleman (distributor's) role will be to ensure all product to/from farm to end user has a chain of custody with it, that it tests clean, and if it doesn't, can either be cleaned to test clean or destroyed... which should help clean up the industry. This wont be enforced until around July 2018 though.

The first project our company has permitted is our extraction lab and it is almost impossible to find raw biomass in large quantities (100lbs-2000lbs+) that test clean... almost none of it is.. and without saying names, a lot of large brands in the industry could care less whether its contaminated right now with testing not being mandated at this time. Its sad that money and greed just blinds them to end user health. Part of the reason I started to grow my own, and don't use concentrate products.

Some of this though happens unknowingly...even if the grower does not use pesticides. Some people have been finding that outdoor and greenhouse grows are being contaminated from blow off from neighboring grape and other agriculture farms. (where things like Eagle 20 are permissible). Another finding lately is that if you get clones from a mother plant that has been treated with pesticide, and then you buy clones from that mother plant and flower them out, they are finding that even pesticide will contaminate the end product of the clone, from a mother that was treated, even if the cloned plant was not treated. Be careful where you get your clones from...

Its such a blessing to have this community and people like Doc who have put together a easy, successful way to grow top notch cannabis... so we don't have to worry about things like we would going to dispensaries and buying from unknown and untested sources.

Doc also brought up a good point about outdoor growing....Make sure you check your city ordinance and if you are in unincorporated, check your county ordinance. Prop 64 which now has been combined with Maucursa to form Sb94 allows the local city and county governments to "reasonably regulate" peoples voted right to 6 plants... Many many cities have banned outdoor growing...even if you own acres of land... so be careful and become familiar with local ordinances.... Some cities have even gone as far as requiring permits and inspections to grow your "legal 6 plants" so be cautious and informed what your city ordinances propose. This is the rights given by prop 64... which is why I was so against it last year when it was up for vote... its a shame in many ways that it passed due to many voters not reading all of the bill text... and believing the little cute sounding paragraph that was included with your voting pamphlets... sucks because now we are stuck with it and Doc is right.... its favoring the big "corporate" companies with VC backing and millions of investment dollars, and for a small grower to be legal now... you pretty much need multiple millions of dollars to even think about it...

Great post Doc!!! Since this is what I do for my job I figured I would confirm your comments and add a little extra to them of what is going on in the industry...

Also, for those that are not using Docs kit... research all of your nutrients for heavy metals..... a lot of commercially available products, and even some mined nutrients like soft rock phosphate, and azomite contain concerning levels of heavy metals like arsenic, lead, and mercury. Washington State has an excellent resource to look up all nutrients, organic, mined and synthetic to find the lab test results and heavy metal analysis's.. I was surprised to find popular products that many growers use filled with lead and arsenic. To find the resource just google "washington pesticide nutrient list" and it should pull up in the 1st or 2nd post.

Sorry for the long post in your thread Doc, but you brought up some very important facts that all should know about what is really going on in the industry, and why growing your own, especially with people like Docs guidance is so important for a healthy product :)

Best thing... grow your own... even better best thing.... grow high brix :) Kudos Doc for bringing these things up :)
Thanks Icemud!

Btw, my products are tested and 100% clean from heavy metals. Had to test all of them to get registered. We are as clean as clean can be.

I certainly will keep folks posted. This takes a bit of time. At least so far everything has taken a fair bit of time. Obviously, when it comes to true purple strains, genetics is by far the most critical factor in determining just how purple they get. I'd like to see a more electric shade of purple with some bright High Brix green mixed in.

On another note: Blue Kush by BOG seeds. I highly recommend! Huge yield, high score for nug structure, excellent smell and surprisingly powerful in efffect.

Me gusta BOG!

I have seeds of BOG's Blue Moon Rocks on hand. I have been debating running them for a while and probably wont touch them for a while yet. My first Sour Strawberry is almost done. I am disappointed I did not get a purple pheno but such is life. If it ends up being killer it will stay around, if not it will be flowered out once more and I will move on. I have a few more Sour Strawberry seeds along with full packs of sour bubble and the BMR.

I have seeds of BOG's Blue Moon Rocks on hand. I have been debating running them for a while and probably wont touch them for a while yet. My first Sour Strawberry is almost done. I am disappointed I did not get a purple pheno but such is life. If it ends up being killer it will stay around, if not it will be flowered out once more and I will move on. I have a few more Sour Strawberry seeds along with full packs of sour bubble and the BMR.

Sour Grape was quite good...but not great. I've seen some Sour Bubble that looked fantastic, but I've not popped my Sour Bubble seeds yet.

But this Blue Kush has earned a starting position for a few runs. I think I can dial it in even better. I'm sending some to jamaica by private yacht, from a a destination outside the US so that I can share some of this with the gang in February.

Sour Grape was quite good...but not great. I've seen some Sour Bubble that looked fantastic, but I've not popped my Sour Bubble seeds yet.

But this Blue Kush has earned a starting position for a few runs. I think I can dial it in even better. I'm sending some to jamaica by private yacht, from a a destination outside the US so that I can share some of this with the gang in February.

Yeah when I was buying my BOG seeds I was going back and forth between the BMR and the Blue Kush. I was wondering where your Blue Kush came from and that makes me excited for the BMR whenever I get a chance to run it.

Yeah when I was buying my BOG seeds I was going back and forth between the BMR and the Blue Kush. I was wondering where your Blue Kush came from and that makes me excited for the BMR whenever I get a chance to run it.

So far, all the Bog strains that I've tried or watched my helper grow have been very light feeders until the latter half of bloom. I had my best results with feeding on the light side of the scale, and then doubling it after about week 5. The genetics on several of them are similar.

Good stuff, from a no-bullshit old school grower! They like soil too. The nose of the Blue Kush is enchanting and it is so gentle and smooth to hit out of a bong, and silky smooth in a joint. I love it!

Dear High Brix Gang and future high brix gang:

We are now on Amazon, as well as the website. While everything is available on the website, we're just selling kits on Amazon.

If you or someone you know wants to get a kit, may I humbly ask if you wouldn't mind ordering on Amazon and then giving me a rating? I need to get 25 customer ratings in the next 4 months if possible. (hopefully good ones) They require a purchase in order to be a legitimate rating.....which is good and correct.

So, be on the lookout for banner ads here and a Grand Opening any day/hour now......

:Namaste:

Doc, I understand the web site isn't quite active, but thought I'd pass ths along in case you're not aware of it. Tried to order a couple of items just now. Roots! went fine, but 1st run amendment asks one to "select size" and there's no options to select.

Can we still order the old fashion way? Need to cook some soil. Thx.

Anyone running autos in Doc's gear? I have a 12 week window coming up between two family trips and thought I would give some a try.

I read that people are using 1, 3 and 5 gal pots. Don't transplant from one pot to another and most seem to agree you don't top an auto, though I know one "Sweet" lady who does. :circle-of-love:

I'm leaning towards the 5 gal pot and thinking I would use Doc's "drench and dry" method for developing the root ball. However, with a veg period af only 3-4 weeks I'm not sure the 5gal would dry out fast enough between drenches to get more than one or two drenches.

Any advice on running autos in High Brix will be appreciated.:thanks:

No offence but that plant up there in the SIP, or whatever it is, does not look healthy at all

Im just reiterating that if you choose to follow someone else's grow methods with the kit, and dont get the results they do or the results we do with following the directions, dont come complaining about it. The kit was designed to be used the way the directions are laid out. So again, if you go your own way with the kit and dont get that high brix bomb...It's your own fault. Follow the directions!!! Leave experimentation to the ignorant. Nuff said

Anyone running autos in Doc's gear? I have a 12 week window coming up between two family trips and thought I would give some a try.

I read that people are using 1, 3 and 5 gal pots. Don't transplant from one pot to another and most seem to agree you don't top an auto, though I know one "Sweet" lady who does. :circle-of-love:

I'm leaning towards the 5 gal pot and thinking I would use Doc's "drench and dry" method for developing the root ball. However, with a veg period af only 3-4 weeks I'm not sure the 5gal would dry out fast enough between drenches to get more than one or two drenches.

Any advice on running autos in High Brix will be appreciated.:thanks:

Never run one MIke. Dr. Ziggy has.

Doc, I understand the web site isn't quite active, but thought I'd pass ths along in case you're not aware of it. Tried to order a couple of items just now. Roots! went fine, but 1st run amendment asks one to "select size" and there's no options to select.

Thanks for the tip. Yes, you can still order the "old fashioned way," especially a gang member.....:love:

Hi Mike, and others.

That problem will be fixed today. However, while the "size" option isn't set up right, the quantity option is. "1" First Run is one kit's worth, so you can choose as many as you like.

Thanks for the tip. Check your PM's.

Hi Mike, and others.

That problem will be fixed today. However, while the "size" option isn't set up right, the quantity option is. "1" First Run is one kit's worth, so you can choose as many as you like.

Thanks for the tip. Check your PM's.

Doc, tried it again. Changed the quantity, clicked Purchase, and then get this error message.

IMG_083047.jpg

Doc, tried it again. Changed the quantity, clicked Purchase, and then get this error message.

IMG_083047.jpg

Yep, we're having trouble on that. It should be fixed today. In the meantime, if you click on that down arrow and select the blank space for size, you'll get "kit" sized. then choose the number of items. It will be fixed today and :thanks: for pointing it out.

anyone who finds a bug or mistake....if you'd be so kind as to shoot me a PM I'll return the favor with a discount coupon. I really appreciate this.

You can order.....just have to do it a weird way until I can get it fixed.

Yep, we're having trouble on that. It should be fixed today. In the meantime, if you click on that down arrow and select the blank space for size, you'll get "kit" sized. then choose the number of items. It will be fixed today and :thanks: for pointing it out.

anyone who finds a bug or mistake....if you'd be so kind as to shoot me a PM I'll return the favor with a discount coupon. I really appreciate this.

You can order.....just have to do it a weird way until I can get it fixed.

Bingo! Order went through perfectly.:thumb:

Any chance there will be different shipping options in the future? 1-3 days is great, but I usually try to order way ahead of time, so something slower, less expensive would be great. Just a thought.

Bingo! Order went through perfectly.:thumb:

Any chance there will be different shipping options in the future? 1-3 days is great, but I usually try to order way ahead of time, so something slower, less expensive would be great. Just a thought.

Flat rate USPS is our preferred method, because it's usually the cheapest and it's tracked and insured. If I can find a better way, I'll do it.

REally large orders go by freight, FedEx, or UPS.

Back
Top Bottom