Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Good morning everyone, just wanted to post a pic.. just one... of a nice frosty bud. My plants aren't pretty.. but I'm doing ok for my first run. About 2-3 weeks out. Maybe less, This one usually goes 10 weeks from past experience, but seems she may be ready earlier this time around. Since it's gotten so cold here I've struggled with my humidity, and the plants show it. But still...
420-magazine-mobile920351720.jpg

They are putting on the good stuff! Thanks Doc! You made this possible for me! I'll have better results next run for sure!

Good morning everyone, just wanted to post a pic.. just one... of a nice frosty bud. My plants aren’t pretty.. but I’m doing ok for my first run. About 2-3 weeks out. Maybe less, This one usually goes 10 weeks from past experience, but seems she may be ready earlier this time around. Since it’s gotten so cold here I’ve struggled with my humidity, and the plants show it. But still...

They are putting on the good stuff! Thanks Doc! You made this possible for me! I’ll have better results next run for sure!

That's a really nice bud! Yep....low humidity is a struggle, but you still kicked ass. :goodjob:

Good morning everyone, just wanted to post a pic.. just one... of a nice frosty bud. My plants aren’t pretty.. but I’m doing ok for my first run. About 2-3 weeks out. Maybe less, This one usually goes 10 weeks from past experience, but seems she may be ready earlier this time around. Since it’s gotten so cold here I’ve struggled with my humidity, and the plants show it. But still...

They are putting on the good stuff! Thanks Doc! You made this possible for me! I’ll have better results next run for sure!

Looks great!! Humidity is my big struggle right now, I can't get past 40% I even have a humidifier in the tent. These newer humidifiers really don't work very well

Hey doc quick question which i know has been talked about but can't seem to find it. Bought my bulk kit and getting ready to cook more soil. What is best way to split admenment up? I remember talk about trying to split up fine crushed dust nice and even. And what would weight of each admenment kit per bale of soil be roughly when splitting up? Thanks in advance

Lay it out in a long line and cut it into portions. :slide:

I use 6 gallon pots, so I dump it on a counter top, spread it into a line and cut it into 7 portions. It's fairly easy to spread the dust out, along with the various rock sizes.

:Namaste:

Hey doc quick question which i know has been talked about but can't seem to find it. Bought my bulk kit and getting ready to cook more soil. What is best way to split admenment up? I remember talk about trying to split up fine crushed dust nice and even. And what would weight of each admenment kit per bale of soil be roughly when splitting up? Thanks in advance
Mix it up and divide it 4 ways. Depending on moisture content you'll be right above or right below 1.25lbs per bale of Promix.

The trouble comes when trying to divide 1 lb 6 ways. Best to cook the whole bale at once, even if in separate containers.

Mix it up and divide it 4 ways. Depending on moisture content you'll be right above or right below 1.25lbs per bale of Promix.

The trouble comes when trying to divide 1 lb 6 ways. Best to cook the whole bale at once, even if in separate containers.

Yup I'll always cook per bale of soil. I got huge garbage bins that hold 1 hole bale. Next question what is best to cook soil 1 large container or split it into 2 containers when cooking

That's a really nice bud! Yep....low humidity is a struggle, but you still kicked ass. :goodjob:

Thanks Doc, means a lot coming from you! Not even great genetics, just ok genetics... I'm looking around for some nice ones for after my next one. Decided to flower out the clone I have, then maybe grow out some white widow I have or something new... not sure yet. But my next run will be so much better!

Looks great!! Humidity is my big struggle right now, I can't get past 40% I even have a humidifier in the tent. These newer humidifiers really don't work very well

Thanks calicanna! Yup same here, humidifier can't keep up. Sits around 40-45 sometimes lower. Been adjusting my extraction fan speed, trying to slow the pull of air. I figure, let my lights do the heating as much as possible so the heater in there doesn't zap most the humidity. It's working, just have to keep tweeting it! Good luck getting yours figured out!

Yup I'll always cook per bale of soil. I got huge garbage bins that hold 1 hole bale. Next question what is best to cook soil 1 large container or split it into 2 containers when cooking

I'll let Doc answer with his way...
Me personally, I started out with 2 big bins to cook and store in. But I realized after I tried to mix it around a little, to keep the moisture consistent, it was a huge pain with those large containers. So I bought 4 smaller, stackable, tubs and put it in there. Works great and very easy to move around. Not that its heavy, just really bulky in large containers. Also, since I wanted to keep it at around 78 degrees, this makes it possible to store in the same place I grow.

I'll let Doc answer with his way...
Me personally, I started out with 2 big bins to cook and store in. But I realized after I tried to mix it around a little, to keep the moisture consistent, it was a huge pain with those large containers. So I bought 4 smaller, stackable, tubs and put it in there. Works great and very easy to move around. Not that its heavy, just really bulky in large containers. Also, since I wanted to keep it at around 78 degrees, this makes it possible to store in the same place I grow.

I've only done it one way: full 40 gallon cans of soil with lids on.

larger masses work better, but not too large. Think of a composter....

Yup, all in one bin. The microbial activity keeps the temps of the soil pretty constant. I feel if you put it in several bins, the temps wouldn't stay up and or constant

I agree, but also feel that if my room is 78 degrees... I'm pretty sure the soil will be at least 78 degrees, even if stored in smaller containers. Either way, doesn't matter for me. I just have no space to store it at optimal temp unless I'm small containers... 4 containers for the whole kit... stacked up in same area as my tent. Works for me, I'm happy your way works for you!

Im just reiterating that if you choose to follow someone else's grow methods with the kit, and dont get the results they do or the results we do with following the directions, dont come complaining about it. The kit was designed to be used the way the directions are laid out. So again, if you go your own way with the kit and dont get that high brix bomb...It's your own fault. Follow the directions!!! Leave experimentation to the ignorant. Nuff said

Not sure, but that sick plant was mine I think.
It is is in sax shape. Not because of the kit or not following directions. Kit works great. Even in my twisted method of growing.

That girl was a "late" cut off a girl I had outdoors that had started flowering. Naturally she reveged and monster cropped. Then I had to leave it in that solo cup for way too long till I had time and room for her.
Just planning to nurse her along enough to get a couple good cuts off her and I'll put her out of her misery. Lol

Not sure, but that sick plant was mine I think.
It is is in sax shape. Not because of the kit or not following directions. Kit works great. Even in my twisted method of growing.

That girl was a "late" cut off a girl I had outdoors that had started flowering. Naturally she reveged and monster cropped. Then I had to leave it in that solo cup for way too long till I had time and room for her.
Just planning to nurse her along enough to get a couple good cuts off her and I'll put her out of her misery. Lol

Please post pics of some of the ones that came out good?

I'm intrigued by people who use HB soil as a "base" soil and then do interesting and unusual things with it.

Back
Top Bottom