Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Pics of just about everything.

I'm not at all impressed with the C99 yet. I've convinced myself to cull half of them next week if they don't start doing some flips or make cute, resinous gestures. I've got all kinds of good stuff waiting in the wings.

Pics of the veg room, some clones, some Herijuana, Colombian, GSC, OG.

IMG_47615.JPG
IMG_47622.jpg
IMG_47631.JPG
IMG_47643.JPG
IMG_47652.JPG
IMG_47664.jpg
IMG_47671.JPG
IMG_47683.jpg
IMG_4769.jpg
IMG_47701.JPG
IMG_47712.jpg
IMG_47724.JPG
IMG_47742.JPG
IMG_47753.JPG
IMG_47762.JPG
IMG_47773.JPG
IMG_47782.JPG
IMG_47791.JPG
IMG_47812.JPG
IMG_47832.jpg
IMG_47841.JPG
IMG_47852.JPG
IMG_47862.JPG
IMG_47872.JPG
IMG_47881.JPG
IMG_47892.JPG
IMG_47904.JPG
IMG_47915.jpg
IMG_47973.JPG
IMG_47982.JPG
IMG_48002.JPG
IMG_48013.JPG

You weren't kidding when you said you had a small army of gsc and og's. I just love that heri, it's just beautiful. Everything looks amazing Doc!!!

Thanks Curso!

I did something slightly different last night. It was time for the cationic drench in both trays....and they were all very dry. Even had wilting on one of the Heri's.

I flushed them with water...maybe 100 gallons for both trays....we're talking monsoon. Then, I went about my other business, pruning, staking, sweeping, mopping, transplanting, culling.....and came back about 3 hours later with 1 gallon of cationic drench for each plant

We'll see how it works! My theory is that the flushing leaches out all the nitrates (growth energy) and replaces it with the NH4, sulphates and phosphates (fruiting energy).

Since the Colombian is growing totally out of control and will be there for weeks unless I surrender and cull it........I also top dressed with some recharge and worm casting.....again.

Everthing is green and growing!

Man I have been missing out over here. Thanks for all the green pictures you posted.. Need a scratch and sniff computer.
The pro mix is cookin its now only a matter of time before I will be asking you a question a day. lol

Day temps: (with 1500 ppm of CO2)

Veg: 80 70% RH
Bloom: 78-86 depending on strain and phase of bloom. 50%RH

I recently came across the idea of "vapor pressure density" as the most relevant metric in determining ideal air conditions for plants because I just harvested an unsuccessful batch growing for the first time in an arid region of SoCal. Based on this chart that I found (https://urbangardenmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/VPD.jpg) your air conditions do not seem to align with the recommendations. Obviously your results speak for themselves, so I was wondering what variables I am failing to see? Some things I can imagine off the top of my head is that somehow your CO2 levels make VPD irrelevant, or perhaps that this chart simply isn't relevant to cannabis, or maybe not relevant to the strains you are growing.

Any insight would be very much appreciated, and a big thank you for all of this knowledge that you have already introduced me to in this thread alone.

Edit:
**PS, very interested in acquiring some of your "6-5-3" mix to add to my existing system. I can't PM you though because i don't have 50 posts....

Thanks Curso!

I did something slightly different last night. It was time for the cationic drench in both trays....and they were all very dry. Even had wilting on one of the Heri's.

I flushed them with water...maybe 100 gallons for both trays....we're talking monsoon. Then, I went about my other business, pruning, staking, sweeping, mopping, transplanting, culling.....and came back about 3 hours later with 1 gallon of cationic drench for each plant

We'll see how it works! My theory is that the flushing leaches out all the nitrates (growth energy) and replaces it with the NH4, sulphates and phosphates (fruiting energy).

Since the Colombian is growing totally out of control and will be there for weeks unless I surrender and cull it........I also top dressed with some recharge and worm casting.....again.

Everthing is green and growing!

How'd things work out with this Doc?

I recently came across the idea of "vapor pressure density" as the most relevant metric in determining ideal air conditions for plants because I just harvested an unsuccessful batch growing for the first time in an arid region of SoCal. Based on this chart that I found (https://urbangardenmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/VPD.jpg) your air conditions do not seem to align with the recommendations. Obviously your results speak for themselves, so I was wondering what variables I am failing to see? Some things I can imagine off the top of my head is that somehow your CO2 levels make VPD irrelevant, or perhaps that this chart simply isn't relevant to cannabis, or maybe not relevant to the strains you are growing.

Any insight would be very much appreciated, and a big thank you for all of this knowledge that you have already introduced me to in this thread alone.

Edit:
**PS, very interested in acquiring some of your "6-5-3" mix to add to my existing system. I can't PM you though because i don't have 50 posts....

That chart is funny. I don't like those numbers at all. But what do I know? Have you tried it?

One thing I do know is that temps and humidity are the most important key to good results.

That chart is funny. I don't like those numbers at all. But what do I know? Have you tried it?

One thing I do know is that temps and humidity are the most important key to good results.

Haven't tried it. I was trying to diagnose my own issues when I came across the chart. Then I came across your recommendations which, according to this chart, wouldn't work. However obviously your results are fantastic so I had to ask...

Absolutely inspirational stuff here Doc. I have read through this journal from start to finish as well as Steppenwolf's. Your work is simply amazing, but the fact that you can guide and support others to reach such a high level is astounding. Your plants, your friendships, and your passion for growing the highest quality product is so refreshing. I will certainly be contacting you for a kit to do my next outdoor grow. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Absolutely inspirational stuff here Doc. I have read through this journal from start to finish as well as Steppenwolf's. Your work is simply amazing, but the fact that you can guide and support others to reach such a high level is astounding. Your plants, your friendships, and your passion for growing the highest quality product is so refreshing. I will certainly be contacting you for a kit to do my next outdoor grow. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Glad to hear it!

We all grow and enjoy the best plant in the solar system. We should do it much better than we do.....and "open source" tech is definitely the way to go!

The more people doing a great job raises the bar, which means better product for all.

I had a random thought possibly worth sharing. Is it possible that having live worms in a pot could impact the Brix level? I had a small potted rubber tree that was root-bound for a long time and after that just would not grow. I am not sure how they got in there, perhaps from the last transplant, but there are dozens of very healthy red wigglers in the soil now. The plant is taking off now. There are plenty of confounding variables, but just thought I would mention this. Perhaps 'worm juice' has an added or different benefit than dried or fresh castings. I know BID uses fresh castings "so fresh it still has worms in it" I believe he said. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this - Thanks Doc.

I had a random thought possibly worth sharing. Is it possible that having live worms in a pot could impact the Brix level? I had a small potted rubber tree that was root-bound for a long time and after that just would not grow. I am not sure how they got in there, perhaps from the last transplant, but there are dozens of very healthy red wigglers in the soil now. The plant is taking off now. There are plenty of confounding variables, but just thought I would mention this. Perhaps 'worm juice' has an added or different benefit than dried or fresh castings. I know BID uses fresh castings "so fresh it still has worms in it" I believe he said. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this - Thanks Doc.

The worms also aerate the soil while the crawl around. Root bound plants are often so tight, they don't get adequate air to the roots......so the worms can help there too.

I see no downside to living worms in the pots.....but I don't have any in mine.

Proper soil will breathe just fine without aeration by worms, but I don't see how they hurt anything!

====================================

Here are some pics. Nothing died while I was away. In fact, things are looking just great!
Picture_010144.jpg
Picture_009143.jpg
Picture_008148.jpg
Picture_007161.jpg
Picture_006179.jpg
Picture_005192.jpg
Picture_004202.jpg
Picture_003210.jpg
Picture_002207.jpg
Picture_001210.jpg

Is that sativa the Columbian Gold? If so, it looks like you tamed it this time.

The worms also aerate the soil while the crawl around. Root bound plants are often so tight, they don't get adequate air to the roots......so the worms can help there too.

I see no downside to living worms in the pots.....but I don't have any in mine.

Proper soil will breathe just fine without aeration by worms, but I don't see how they hurt anything!

====================================

Here are some pics. Nothing died while I was away. In fact, things are looking just great!
Picture_010144.jpg
Picture_009143.jpg
Picture_008148.jpg
Picture_007161.jpg
Picture_006179.jpg
Picture_005192.jpg
Picture_004202.jpg
Picture_003210.jpg
Picture_002207.jpg
Picture_001210.jpg

Quoted for sure awesomeness, these are beautiful plants. The Heri looks fantastic Doc!!!

Is that sativa the Columbian Gold? If so, it looks like you tamed it this time.

I wouldn't say it's tamed...it's like an octopus and is gonna take up way too much space for way too long....but the damn thing is healthy! It's a pure Colombian Gold, 100% landrace Sativa, and it's precious, wonderful smoke when done right!

Wow that Sativa is really a trip. I grew out something very similar years back that came out of a bag. Wish I had a pic or knew what it was but the smell and taste were so awesome. Great looking medicine there DocBud

You had Colombian or possibly Oaxacan.

Quoted for sure awesomeness, these are beautiful plants. The Heri looks fantastic Doc!!!

Thanks Curso! The GSC is also frosting up nicely.....gonna feature that when the Heri is harvested. But the GSC are nearly 5 feet tall.....

Back
Top Bottom