Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

quote(Doc Bud) "Post a link to your journal bro! I'd love to follow along.

I really think you'll be happier if you do things right. Cook, start in HB, etc. You won't be disappointed." end quote

heres a link to my journal id be honored to have to stop by through out: Silver Kush - White Widow - Martian Kush & Underdawg OG Scrog 600W HPS

aside from the fact that you suggest i do start fully high brix, which i will def be taking your advice on, i had a thought that if i dont start high brix for veg i run the risk of going into flower with lower brix and a higher likely hood of pest and mold problems. so for that ill wait!!
Thanks again it always helps to brainstorm a bit

Hey doc I'm not using worm castings on my first time here. Instructions said they were optional. My question is do I still use the same amount of conditioner?

quote(Doc Bud) "Post a link to your journal bro! I'd love to follow along.

I really think you'll be happier if you do things right. Cook, start in HB, etc. You won't be disappointed." end quote

heres a link to my journal id be honored to have to stop by through out: Silver Kush - White Widow - Martian Kush & Underdawg OG Scrog 600W HPS

aside from the fact that you suggest i do start fully high brix, which i will def be taking your advice on, i had a thought that if i dont start high brix for veg i run the risk of going into flower with lower brix and a higher likely hood of pest and mold problems. so for that ill wait!!
Thanks again it always helps to brainstorm a bit
You could use the quick start method using extra root zone in the veg pots while your soil was cooking.

Any2

No pics of Champagne this time bro. C99 and LP only in that tray.

But it is chunkier!

I'm feeding 1/4 oz Transplant with each and every watering/drench I do. I noticed that the trichomes would form in bursts, especially right after Cat drench. I theorized that soil energy rises and falls too much, so I raised the "lower level" of energy with the 1/4 oz. Transplant. Normal drenches and waterings per instructions except for that.

Resin still forms in bursts, but it is also forming in between. I am getting a mild, temporary case of the "claw" in some of those plants, so I'm perhaps pushing them a bit harder than I should. Probably skipping a couple 1/4 oz. feeding would be a good idea.

I like the idea here. I will definitely give this a try as well.

Harvested the C99 today. Took some pics of L.P. as well. I also ran the sulfur burner for 4 hours with humidity at 80-90%.

IMG_53601.JPG
IMG_53571.jpg
IMG_53562.JPG
IMG_53552.jpg
IMG_53542.jpg
IMG_5351.JPG
IMG_53502.JPG
IMG_53492.JPG
IMG_53484.jpg
IMG_53471.jpg
IMG_53461.JPG
IMG_5343.JPG
IMG_53421.JPG
IMG_53411.JPG
IMG_53401.JPG
IMG_53382.jpg
IMG_53371.jpg
IMG_53362.JPG
IMG_53352.JPG
IMG_5334.JPG
IMG_5333.JPG

Hey doc. Im going to buy the worm castings anyways. I bougt 2 32 gallon garbage cans because that's what I could get. The promix HP 3.8 cubic feet bale does not look like it could fill a 32 gallon can. I used a converter as well from cubic feet to gallons and 3.8 cubic feet is only 24 gallons of volume. So with the 75 pound bale of promix HP at 3.8 cubic feet. And the few handfuls of amendment/few gallons of conditioner/20 pounds of castings. How does that make 60 gallons of soil when there is only 24 gallons of promix? I havnt mixed it yet because I dont want to mess things up. I'm on a budget and I dont want to do.anything.wrong

Hey doc. Im going to buy the worm castings anyways. I bougt 2 32 gallon garbage cans because that's what I could get. The promix HP 3.8 cubic feet bale does not look like it could fill a 32 gallon can. I used a converter as well from cubic feet to gallons and 3.8 cubic feet is only 24 gallons of volume. So with the 75 pound bale of promix HP at 3.8 cubic feet. And the few handfuls of amendment/few gallons of conditioner/20 pounds of castings. How does that make 60 gallons of soil when there is only 24 gallons of promix? I havnt mixed it yet because I dont want to mess things up. I'm on a budget and I dont want to do.anything.wrong

that promix is alot more than 24 gals. just wait till you bust it open. check out a link to my journal i just mixed mine and showed pics of the bale before and after its broke down and its def 60 gals: Silver Kush - White Widow - Martian Kush & Underdawg OG Scrog 600W HPS

what up Any2.

can you elaborate on the quick start method!! if it doesnt mess up the veg or burn the plants i would L-L-L-OVE to know how to do it!!

very nice doc, you always produce the highest quality meds, the pictures say it all.

now chances are you dont ship to europe so what type of products would i need to buy to get as close to your kit as possible, i know the compost/soil would be a bit hit and miss unless i can find a hydro shop that sells what you suggest to use, if not ill have to try different soils over a few grows until the quality is their.

im sure you mentioned a couple of years back what kind of products to use but ive slept since then and im lucky if i can remember what i did yesterday,

so just wondered what the basics are that i need to start with then i can start adjusting it to the soil i can get hold of, i mostly use john innes branded soils if thats any help to you, hope you dont mind me asking but id like to try and get the best quality i can from the plants i grow.

peace

Thanks sir grow. I'm just 100% noob

You'll notice on the bale it says "compressed." That bale will fill both your cans to the top!

Get cooking!

very nice doc, you always produce the highest quality meds, the pictures say it all.

now chances are you dont ship to europe so what type of products would i need to buy to get as close to your kit as possible, i know the compost/soil would be a bit hit and miss unless i can find a hydro shop that sells what you suggest to use, if not ill have to try different soils over a few grows until the quality is their.

im sure you mentioned a couple of years back what kind of products to use but ive slept since then and im lucky if i can remember what i did yesterday,

so just wondered what the basics are that i need to start with then i can start adjusting it to the soil i can get hold of, i mostly use john innes branded soils if thats any help to you, hope you dont mind me asking but id like to try and get the best quality i can from the plants i grow.

peace

I'd advise mineralizing your soil with the 6-5-3 we always talk about. Use fishy ferts to keep the energy up, and liberal amounts of mycorhyzae. Make sure you soil is peat based, with VERY little added. Do not use Dolomite! Add nothing with potassium in it....That will get you close.

Doc,

I am coming up on 21 days of 12/12 for my 2nd donut and I had a question about the timing of the recharge and the cat drench that land in week 3(or do they?) from the basic bloom schedule from the in the lab section. Say Sunday is feed/water day where they get 1 gal of either energy, transplant, cat drench or water in their 7 gal smarts. The sample feeding schedule of bloom-transplant, water, water, cat, cat, water, energy, water, transplant, water. So is it ok to cat drench AND start the recharge at the same time or should it be staggered?

If anyone else wants to chime in feel free.

Peace,

Any2

Doc,

I am coming up on 21 days of 12/12 for my 2nd donut and I had a question about the timing of the recharge and the cat drench that land in week 3(or do they?) from the basic bloom schedule from the in the lab section. Say Sunday is feed/water day where they get 1 gal of either energy, transplant, cat drench or water in their 7 gal smarts. The sample feeding schedule of bloom-transplant, water, water, cat, cat, water, energy, water, transplant, water. So is it ok to cat drench AND start the recharge at the same time or should it be staggered?

Any2

Yep. Week 3 is a fine time for cat drench. Do you have clear pistils forming in the pre-flowers everywhere? That's when the Cat drench is needed.

Doc,

If anyone else wants to chime in feel free.

Peace,

Any2

I like adding the recharge sometime during the week leading up to the first cationic drench. Maybe water it in with a light 3/4gal top off, then hit it with the c-drench a few days later. Or with the drench I'm sure that's fine too. Depends on guesstimated flowering time, I'd prob go a week 3 on an 8 weeker, and week 4 on a slower sativa.

Edit: not really sure how everyone counts days flowering. I go from flip for simplicities sake, and add a week onto the above schedule, to compensate. So week three above might be week four in my tent. Idk. I'm still figuring this shit out.

I've been doing my recharge a week or two after the first pistil production - amendment plus a 1/2 pound of worm castings per gallon.

I've been doing my recharge a week or two after the first pistil production - amendment plus a 1/2 pound of worm castings per gallon.
How close does that come to the cat drench? Week 3 being 21 days@ 12/12 I assume. Do you start the cook with worm castings?

Back
Top Bottom